A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Mmodal equipment - JRT mom

Posted: Mar 19, 2012

Does anyone know if Mmodal provides computer equipment to their MTs?  I've got a very, very slow computer and I'm kinda scared to apply for some the jobs advertised because of this.

Yes, they do. (nm) - RR

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Depends on platform - AnonToo

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes they do depending on what platform. I just don't like work stuff on my personal P.C. so I opted for accounts that use MModal's system.

Similar Messages:

Does MModal Provide Equipment?
Feb 23, 2013

Just curious if M*Modal supplies the equipment (like Medquist used to)?  I haven' worked from home in YEARS and don't have any current equipment (other than my Mac laptop).  Thanks. ...

What Equipment Would I Need If I Found Other Work Besides Mmodal? (SM)
May 26, 2012

I've been with Mmodal for many years, have been transferred to other CCMs and accounts but just last week I was transferred to one because it was behind then one day later transferred back to original CCM and that account that they just sent me to is now my primary.  I know we all have to transcribe ESL and ASR or straight transcription.  I don't think the ESL I had last week knows this language at all.  I'm more than willing to transcribe ESL and I think I ...

Returning Equipment - What Number To Call At MModal
Aug 04, 2013

Anyone know what number to call at MModal or where to email to tell them to send boxes for their equipment?  I told my CCM, but have not received anything and I threw everything else away that vaguely reminded me of MModal! ...

Do You Have To Use MQ's Equipment Or Will They Let You Use Your Own.
Nov 16, 2009

nm ...

Mt Equipment
Apr 13, 2011

I have been doing outpatient surgery reports for a small hospital for four years.  They are outsourcing with a company that does voice recognition.  The ophthalmologist has talked to the OR manager and wants to use me for some other transcription (the hospital pays for what he does there).  I need to know the cheapest and best route to go since I only have computers, printers, and an Infinity foot pedal, as well as two transcribers that use microcassette tapes.  In order to p ...

All This Equipment We Have To Buy
Feb 16, 2014

why do they keep gouging us for this crap even though it should be painfully obvious to anyone with half a brain that your average MT has hardly any money for it? Amphion had told me that my workstation was not up to snuff, and after they specified what I needed, they told me *where to buy it*. I ended up sinking almost 300 bucks into it. Then, after working there for a couple weeks, they micromanaged me intensely, and after a performance review where I missed the mark by probably about a fra ...

Trouble With MQ Regarding Equipment
Oct 12, 2009

Hi everyone. I am having trouble with MQ regarding equipment and I'm hoping someone could maybe help me out here. I used to work for MQ and had returned my equipment after leaving. I was re-hired a few months later, but used my own equipment, therefore, never took anything back or received anything from them again. The returned equipment was returned over a year ago and I no longer have the receipt from UPS, as I never heard anything and had no reason to think there was a problem. Any ...

Retuning Equipment
Nov 16, 2009

How soon after terminating from the Q, do they send you the necessary labels to return computer and monitor?   Thank you. ...

Medical Equipment
Nov 16, 2009

The patient should be on a s/l wearing program for his brace and s/l prayfolus.  Patient with flexion at the hips and knees and possible contractures. ...

Transcription Equipment
Nov 20, 2009

Hello.  I am looking for advice on equipment.  I need, well, almost everything,  I need a playback program, I don't like express scribe.  I am willing to spend money, I don't have a lot, but I want something good.  It doesn't have to be the best, but user friendly would be nice.  I also need a footpedal.  I have heard they are all the same, but I would like further input to the statement.  And, I must have a good pair of head phones.  ...

Company Equipment
Apr 29, 2010

Do you know of any companies who provide the equipment for MTs who work at home, such as the foot pedal and the headsets? ...

Returning Equipment To MQ
Apr 29, 2010

Recently resigned from MQ and received the mailing labels to ship back their computer and monitor.  However, per the letter, they don't require that you return the mouse, keyboard, and any other peripherals.  It doesn't say you will be charged for them -- it just says they want the computer and monitor. Has anyone left MQ and kept the keyboard and mouse?     ...

Equipment Meltdown - Help!
Aug 13, 2010

My headphones died on me right in the middle of a report - (ESL, lousy sound quality - great timing).  Suddenly I was hearing out of my right ear only.  In desperation I plugged in my iPod earbuds.  I need new headphones ASAP.  Any suggestions as to where I can find a decent pair, not too expensive?  I had been using the headset that I received when I took my Career Step course a couple of years ago.  Thanks! ...

ADVISE ON EQUIPMENT
Sep 17, 2010

Hello, Can someone please tell me the best digital transcription machine to buy. I really do not know anything about digital transcribers. I am used to the cassette transcriber. Also, I heard there was a way to have a 1-800 number and the doctor can call that number and do the dictation over voicemail. Does that require any other software or equipment. I am not familiar with any of this. I guess I just really need to know the different ways I can do transcription. Thanks ...

Post-op Equipment
Oct 16, 2010

after Roux-En-Y surg, pt put on s/l "Inspire-X"  Heard of it?  THANKS ...

Question About Equipment
Feb 14, 2011

equipment was delivered today.  It's all unboxed and hooked up.  there were no instructions about the CD that came with it or whether it was okay to turn it on and make sure it would boot up before training day.  Is it okay to do this, or do I need to wait until Monday's training? ...

MQ Equipment Versus My Own
Mar 01, 2011

I will be starting MQ soon too, and I was asked by MQ if I wanted to use my own equipment or theirs.  At the time, I told them theirs, but on thinking about it, I don't know how to connect a router and KVM box, if that's what's required.  Should I just use my own computer?  Any suggestions? ...

Stenoscriptionist--same As MT With Different Equipment?
May 28, 2011

Hey there all! Some community colleges offers a certificate program for Medical Stenoscriptionists, "Preparing medical records and reports using a stenograph machine" per 1 class catalog. Not finding a lot of info on it, just schools that office courses/certificates. Apparently the production of reports is similar to court reporting. Could this be the future for EHR, or is it the same as MT'g? Any opinions welcome. ...

Equipment Failure
Aug 20, 2011

Does the Q reimburse for equipment failure downtime or will I have to request PTO time for reimbursement?  Thanks... ...

When Do I Get Reimbursed For Equipment?
Dec 30, 2011

I forget - is it 2 years or 3?  If it's 2 I'm going to wait till I get it and start looking around.  I don't like working on six or seven accounts.  Really. ...

I Wonder If They Want Their Equipment Back
Jul 02, 2012

I left a few months ago and was never contacted about returning their equipment. Maybe they don't want it back if they aren't supplying equipment for employees anymore. Has anyone left recently and been sent the packaging to return their PC? I sure don't want to have to pay taxes at the end of the year on this "income." ...

What Equipment Do You Return?
Aug 06, 2012

What equipment are we supposed to return?  Just the hard drive?  I don't want to call my CCM about this so I hope someone who recently quit knows.  Since my computer doesn't have enough power to run 7.1, do you think they still want it back? ...

Equipment Return
Sep 08, 2012

The number that this person called from doesn't say M-Modal, just Raleigh, NC? I refuse to call and pay the long distance from my house phone where he left the message, so I tried all day yesterday to call from my cell phone and get a busy signal and "network not available" message.  Does this all sound jicky or maybe weather-related?????? ...

Has Anyone Downloaded DQS To Their Own Equipment Lately?
Oct 24, 2012

I'm going to be out of town a lot in the near future and I'd like work to be portable.  I found a little bit of info in the archives, but I'd appreciate any help you can give, even if it's just a link to a helpful post.Thanks  :) ...

Equipment/Software
Nov 08, 2012

Ok, so against my better judgement, I have accepted a position with Nuance for PT work.  I say that only because after reading all of the "bad" reviews I am a little nervous about it.  But, I am willing to see how it goes.  So paperwork is done and turned in and today I received a Kit with footpedal, headset, software including Stedman's spellcheck, medical dictionary, Quick Look drug book.  FOr those in the know, are these items paid for by myself at some point or is th ...

Company Provides Equipment..
May 24, 2013

I was just wondering how it works if the company provides you with all the equipment? (except for the monitor).  Does this cause any problems for you?  I've always used my own equipment ... TY for any feedback. ...

Question On Equipment
May 29, 2013

Does Nuance still provide computers and foot pedals for new MT's?  If so, do they take a deposit out of one's paycheck and about how much is involved?  Thanks. ...

Returning Equipment
Dec 17, 2013

I quit working for MM in September and haven't heard word about returning their stuff. Can't get any phone numbers and can't get in touch with my old CCM. Any ideas what I should do? ...

Synernet Equipment
Jun 20, 2014

I received my equipment from synernet today.  I am looking at it and cannot figure out how to hook it up.  I am currently on hold, waiting for IT, but was wondering - does this little thingy take the place of the tower? or does everything from the tower hook into this thingy?  lol!   I've been on hold for about 3 minutes, wait time about 10.  TIA! ...

Equipment Provided?
Jul 21, 2014

Are there any employers that furnish the necssary hardware anymore?  ...