A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

One mistake made me fail an audit. - mom2huskies

Posted: Jun 09, 2015

I admit I made a mistake.  I forgot to add a cc.  Never mind that all the other jobs that were audited were 100%.  I am only human but Mmodal does not care. 

Same here only mine was a DOS. nm - TT

[ In Reply To ..]
Nm

To Mom2 - One mistake!!!!!

[ In Reply To ..]
How in the world do you get 100%? That is awesome. Also, why do you waste your obvious talents on this horrible place; just sayin! I am sure you could find something better or at least a lateral move w/o the horrible QA. It drove me right out the door and I moved on. Again, kudos!

I am trying to find another job. - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
I am still at Mmodal because the last year I was diagnosed with cancer and trying to deal with that, plus being over 50 it has been hard trying to find another job. However, I am still looking. Even Walmart is starting to sound good.

I agree that Mmodal sucks the big one. Raises are rare as hens teeth and they want everyone on PM.

They need to start treating their MTs better, but I know that will never happen.

I give you a lot of credit for leaving Mmodal.

so sorry - moonchild

[ In Reply To ..]
to hear this. i don't think walmart would really be better. it would at the very least be physically more taxing, which you might want to avoid while you go through what you are going through. i know i could not take a job that required me to stand all day, so thats one reason i stay at this crappy job. wishing you good health!!

Don't forget, we're not even paid to add CCs...... - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

I Made A Mistake
May 18, 2010

I just got called by "the boss" about a mistake I made yesterday.  I feel horrible.  I am glad they called.  It was a good heads up for me.  They down played it but still I am feeling upset.  I know it will pass but it's made for a tough morning.  Kinda shakes my confidence.  Thanks for listening. ...

I Made A Big Mistake
Nov 25, 2014

I'm trying to get my old job back. ...

I Made The Awesome Mistake Of.......sm
Dec 07, 2013

deciding to check FIESA this morning.... REALLY DUMB DECISION!  I have just about given up doing correction reversals, especially since ALL of my post-audit QA is done offshore.  And most definitely now because they must've just hired someone off the street over there to do my post audits.  Seriously, there is 1 offshore QA person in particular who will consistently go through my reports and delete text that I have either transcribed or edited (correctly I might add) and put& ...

While In Training, If You Found A Mistake Made By
Jan 10, 2012

QA when they were checking your work, would you tell your trainer; i.e., something was "corrected" on one of the reports I did; after looking again at the client profile, the way I had done it was the customer's preferred way.  TIA for opinions. ...

I Made A Mistake On This Board I Need To Correct
Sep 26, 2012

I said Nuance pays according to experience.  Obviously, that was wrong.  I lost track of the thread or else I would have said something earlier.  Apologies! ...

Did You Ever Change Jobs And Realize You Made A Mistake?
Apr 13, 2011

I recently left a company after four years because the grass seemed greener elsewhere, has anyone ever done this and then realized right away it was a huge mistake?  I feel guilty after the company has trained me and worked with me for almost two weeks but I am so miserable, any suggestions or advice of what to do? ...

Got A Reversal Only Because They Made A Mistake Listing Me As The Dictator
Feb 18, 2015

I can just see their smug red face conceding they made a mistake. Makes my day. Now back to my dictating! ...

What Happens If You Fail More Than 1 Audit?
Aug 05, 2013

Last year I failed an audit, barely and was out on 100% QA for 6 weeks after 1 email from TSM and no responses afterwards until suddenly I was off and back to regular work. Later I was transferred to another TSM. Wednesday I got an email that after multiple complaints from a specific doctor, all his reports were 100% QA and my report had failed the audit (barely). Nothing from TSM yet, but I am off Sunday and Monday. I wish I could quit so bad, but can't afford it. If I get fired and apply ...

LOSER When You Fail An Audit
Mar 22, 2010

Wow, they sure do make you feel like a LOSER when you fail an audit.  Phone conference scheduled, can anyone tell me what to expect ...

I Made 99% On My Audit. Will I Get Written Up?
Dec 02, 2012

Usually I get a higher score. but I have a feeling I will be hearing from my boss because I only made 99% this time. ...

I Made A Total Of $19,000 For 2011. Would Anyone Mind Sharing What They Made For The Year. I Am Ju
Jan 27, 2012

hopeful ...

Mistake I Came Across
Dec 29, 2012

It continues to amaze me some of the mistakes I come across. Fosamax is not prescribed for a 6-year-old child with kidney disease/kidney transplant, Phos-Nak is.  ...

What Happens When It's The Doctor's Mistake?
Jun 18, 2010

I am a former Spheris MT, now begrudgingly a MQ MT (not that Spheris was all that great either).  As was pointed out below, we are still on Spheris rules for the most part but I don't expect that to last forever.  At Spheris, if we think a doctor has made a mistake, we are encouraged to flag it but that entails putting in a blank, just as if we didn't understand the dictator.  If we have too many blanks in a given period, we lose our incentive pay.  They do not diff ...

Payroll's Mistake
Feb 10, 2012

Today the payroll dept made a mistake and everyone who was working got clocked off in error.  Now CCM wants us to go in and fix it ourselves.  Next thing you know they will be sending us a tutorial on how to fix our own computers.  I am so tired of all the things we have to do for no pay that I want to scream.  It's bad enough that we are paid so little for doing what we were hired to do, we get nothing for all the things we have to do that were not in our job descriptio ...

Coming Across A Mistake
Aug 03, 2012

I was looking over already transcribed reports by others to check on a medication and came across a mistake that really makes us look foolish and is something, IMHO, that any transcriptionist would know and this doctor speaks good English.  Would you notify QA so they can correct the report or notify the hospital to correct the report?  Thanks for your opinion.  ...

You Guys Will Never Believe This ASR Mistake
Sep 13, 2012

This ASR mistake was so perfect that it is unbelievable.  It's so unbelievable that I would never have put it on here unless it was for real.  Dictated:  "M-H-C-L, all in caps" ASR:  MT agency hell hole  ...

Deleted A File In Express Scribe By Mistake.
Nov 21, 2011

I deleted a file yesterday, and need to get it back if I can.  Is there any way I can recover it?   ...

Being Set Up To Fail?
Nov 17, 2011

First, I was warned about low line count during a period of many MQ computer problems (finally got new one and now resolved), then audited during that same time period after being warned about line count, which I passed at 99.89%. Then 2 weeks later I start getting a work type I had never done before, like every other job, completely new terms and docs, which normally I do not mind learning new things, but now with the more-than-5%-sent-to-QA nonsense I do not feel comfortable sending blanks to ...

SR FAIL
Jun 08, 2012

Talking about an area of oozing that was dripping into the surgical site.  Said dripping 3 times. 1.  SR = "gripping" 2.  SR = "creeping" 3.  SR = "draping" Three chances, three air balls. (SR = "hair balls", of course.)       ...

Set Up To Fail?
Feb 04, 2014

As I mentioned earlier I keep getting badgered, first for dropping percentage on FIESA, then for production. One of the things that bothers me, lately I keep getting more and more of those same dictators that I make the most mistakes on. It's almost like they want me to fail? Is that paranoia or just the elephant in the room trying to sit on me and no one notices? I am on an enormous account. I realize they can narrow work down to some degree but with literally 100s of clinics on this ...

VR Fail
Aug 22, 2014

Positive fecal pulses. ...

Learn From My Mistake About Picking A Good Coding Program
Jan 20, 2012

I am in my last semester of an HIT program at my local community college.  This program is accredited through CAHIIM.  I actually found this program on the AHIMA website as an approved AHIMA coding program and was so excited that it was in my hometown.  Well, almost two years later and $4000 in student debt, I still have no idea how to code.  Sure, I'm great at Math 101 and English 101 and my anatomy is amazing, but I have no idea how to code.  One class that I have ...

Ever Feel Like They Just Want You To Fail?
Nov 19, 2010

It just seems like we cannot win with this company. Between the 5% QA, bottom of the barrel dictators, and unrealistic expectations I just want to pull my hair out. ...

I Think I Now Know Why Some Fail MT Test
Apr 13, 2012

I beileve it's when the company advertising closes the hiring process but doesn't let us know.  For fun, I just went to an older ad and went through the testing process.  I KNOW I aced it, but it told me I didn't have the skills necessary.  I also KNOW that the job hiring process was closed, but did it just as an experiment. So those of you who are so hard on yourselves, don't be.  I truly now think it's because the company has closed the hiring proc ...

Ever Feel Like You Are Being Set Up To Fail
Oct 02, 2013

I just cannot seem to get my line count up no matter what I do.  I have an account that I am doing for the UK and it is a struggle.  Being bounced around to a new BOB every 2 months or less does not help. I have got my second warning about my line count, never had this problem before.  Oh well, maybe getting fired is not such a bad thing though. ...

Pass/fail
Oct 21, 2014

Does anyone have a clue about the pass/fail that is in Fiesa today?  Just noticed mine and I suppose it has something to do with the changes rolling out but I couldn't remember if we had received anything about it or not.  Thanks! ...

Epic Fail!
Jan 15, 2015

TSA sent out an e-mail to EVERYBODY that should have gone to the PODmistress. I would've been terminated on the spot.  ...

Pass/fail Tests?
Jul 02, 2010

I know that the tests given by MTSOs are from mttest.com and that they are pass/fail tests. Does anyone know what the passing percentage is? One strike, you're out? How does this work? Thanks. ...

Pass/fail Rates
Mar 10, 2010

Here is a link to the pass/fail rates for AHIMA certification exams.   http://www.ahima.org/certification/documents/2007_2009_CertificationExamPassRates.pdf Please note that even AHIMA itself recommends a minimum of 3 years of hospital coding experience before attempting the CCS exam, and they have good reason for doing so.  The test is very challenging.  Yes, people may pass without that experience, but most will not.  This is not an inexpensive exam, either.  The fig ...

If You Fail The CCS Exam, Do They Tell You What You Did Wrong?
Jul 10, 2012

I haven't taken it, but I'm just wondering. ...