A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

On track to make less again this year. - no name

Posted: Oct 07, 2011

Yet again, I am on track to make less this year than apparently when I was a teenager working at a burger joint. 

I work 40 hours, never call in sick (before anybody starts flaming).  So depressing. 

me too - silly girl

[ In Reply To ..]
Doubt I will make 17,000. Not bad for all the schooling and dedication (15 years here). So sad that I used to gross 40,000.

Please, do not tell me to find another job. There is nothing out there anymore. I cant even get a job at Pizza Hut cause there are people with more experience than me making pizzas.

Tell me about it. My teenage son makes more - working a movie theater, AND HE HAS FUN.

[ In Reply To ..]
Makes me sick. It is degrading, especially at this job for over 20 years.

Same Boat! Sinking FAST - Ugh

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, the most I made was about $70,000 (about 4 years ago), when things were great in this field. This year? Hmm, about $30,000 gross, but working MORE hours to get there. Like what was said above, don't ask me to get another job, it's after 20 years of this that makes us unemployable anymore! I hate seeing the younger set going to MT schools and being all excited.. they need to RUN fast. ):

why don't you work in the theater too? - have fun in life:)

[ In Reply To ..]
x

no jobs - lkdu

[ In Reply To ..]
where are all these $40,000 jobs that are advertised???

Similar Messages:

For Editors Who Make Over $20K A Year (sm)
Jan 02, 2014

With over 2 decades experience I can't make over $8. per hour with very rare exceptions were I get great dictators, long reports without the need to research demographics or other data.  Where am I going wrong? ...

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

Track Back.
Jan 25, 2011

Just something to keep in mind, even if you think you are being anonymous on here, there is always the chance that your post can be tracked back to you...and if it is, MQ could always make your work life a living h___.   ...

LPH Minimum. Be Sure To Keep Track Of All Those
Jul 16, 2013

a job to upload. All those add up and if you don't clock out for them it will go against your LPH and make a difference in your assessments.  ...

Tract Or Track
May 04, 2014

A tract or track of lidocaine was used to numb.  ...

Is There A Way To Keep Track Of Percentage Being Sent To QC?
Mar 06, 2015

I never know where I stand until after the fact. Do any of you know how to keep track of this? The nonsense just keeps increasing and increasing. ...

Pt Has A "several Year" History Of A Slowly-growing Mass. Hyphen Several Year?
Jan 25, 2011

? ...

Tract Or Track Question...sm
Nov 07, 2009

The sacral decubitus ulcer was then marked with a marking pen and an elliptical excision was made with a scalpel so as to completely excise the ulcer itself and the *tract/track* which was extending several centimeters proximally. ...

Pin Tract Or Pin Track Infection
Feb 19, 2012

Can anyone tell me which is the proper way to type "pin tract or pin track infection"? Thanks! ...

Shunt Tract Or Track
Dec 20, 2012

shunt tract or track? ...

Track Versus Tract
Apr 22, 2013

HELP! We can never keep this straight....when do you use track and when do you use tract? ...

Keeping Track Of Time Typed
Aug 16, 2011

Is there such a thing available that keeps track of "at the keyboard" typing time? I am one that gets up and down frequently throughout my work day and its hard to keep track of exactly how many actual hours I am typing.  I want something automatic that I don't have to remember to click on/off because if I could remember to do that, I could remember to write it down :)  Anyone know of something like this? ...

CTA. Abnormal S/l Track.extending Through Right Gluteus
Apr 26, 2012

CTA of the pelvis demonstrates no evidence of any arterial aneurysm or AV fistula.  There was abnormal "track" extending through the right gluteus maximus muscle with marked induration of the subcutaneous tissue of the right buttock area.  (CTA performed before heterotopic ossification sugery.  Past history of gunshot to buttocks, with bullet fragments overlying the left hemipelvis on hip x-ray.) ...

How Do They Track Production Time In Escription?
Dec 23, 2012

I work in Escription 9.20 (90% VR).  If I am told I have an average work time of 6.9 hours in Escription, does anyone know exactly how they are tracking to get that figure?  ...

Keeping Track Of Line Count
Jan 25, 2013

Is there any other way to know your line counts besides the metrics??  ...

Pt Was Passing The S/l Tolinger In Track Practice
Mar 22, 2015

Keeping Track Of Multiple Accounts/jobs
May 18, 2010

I recently quit my hospital MT job and started working for a mid sized MTSO. This was a big change for me, different platforms, different rules, different type of accounts. I have 4 accounts with this job, all with their own little rules and formats and things. On top of that I recently was hired and quit with another large MTSO for weekend work (didn't like the QA or managers; I was constantly being forgotten). Anyway, I quit them after 2 weeks and was just hired as an IC for small MTSO an ...

Would Anyone Share What Their Income Is With Me?...wanting To See I Am On Track Of Need To Strive Fo
Jul 20, 2010

Of course this is personal but since we can be anonymous on her, would anyone share what they are making in terms of weekly, hourly, monthly or yearly with me?  I would like to compare with where I am and determine if I am at a good average or way below and need to be doing more.  I would also love it if you could share production lines per hour or day etc.  ...

I've Been Keeping Track Of The Time It Takes To Do ASR Reports.
Jan 04, 2013

Rarely are they taking 1/2 the time of straight typing. The majority are taking at least as long as it would to straight type and some more time. This is all due to the number of corrections and punctation and formatting I have to do! ...

Year Old Versus Year-old
Aug 28, 2014

If no noun following such as female or male should this be hyphenated, i.e. if stated "A 10 year old has stomachache".... should it be "A 10-year-old has stomachache" ..... ...

S/l "Real Track Retractor" Used For CABG Nm
Dec 16, 2011

thanks ...

"core Track" For Nutrition
May 27, 2013

The patient has been on a "core track (tract)" for nutrition as he still cannot swallow. thank you !! ...

Suture Track Versus Suture Tract
Oct 09, 2014

Would the correct phrase be suture tract or suture track? Getting mixed results trying to reference this. Just want some professional opinions. Thoughts? Thanks! ...

Worried About Being Able To Even Make What I Used To Make Doing
Apr 11, 2011

I seem to be spending an awful lot of time in VR documents, so I am confused as to why I am getting paid less for them.  This stupid VR system types whatever it thinks it might be hearing and sometimes doesn't type anything at all.  I hate this VR.  I am up to 1800 lines but usually do 2200-2500 a day on straight transcription.  I don't know how I am going to feed my children.  I am a single mom and the head of household.  Believe me the child support isn& ...

Wound Track Or Wound Tract
May 19, 2010

Sorry, think this may have posted on the main board.  Gunshot wound or incised wound.  Wound track or wound tract? ...

New Year, New Me!
Jan 19, 2011

I am checking out my community college catalogue and getting excited at so many interesting courses.  I'm not looking for a long, drawn out process or degree, just some subjects that will be fun, creative and could also translate into making me more marketable.   As an MT, I lean more toward writing, computer, and maybe even something medical, as opposed to something like car mechanics or accounting.  Any ideas?     ...

40-ish Year Old - Sm
Feb 01, 2011

Doctor says: "He is a 40 ish year old white male in no acute distress." What is the right way to transcribe the 40 ish part?  I've seen a lot of different ways.  I was thinking "40-ish-year-old" but not completely sure.  TIA for any help! ...

New Year's Day
Jan 02, 2012

Hello fellow MQ MT's, Does anyone know if we get paid time and a half for New Year's Day?  I've looked up and down on MQ Central but can't find holiday pay listed anywhere.  Thanks!  ...

So Now A Year Or More Later With V/R..
Oct 03, 2012

DOES anyone actually double their lines ?      if not, shouldnt our pay go back up since their justification for halving our pay did not pan out?   Ha!   ...

With The New Year Need To Think About
Jan 01, 2013

I spent the morning reflecting and trying to figure out what to do and where this profession/company is heading.  In doing web searches found that MModal is opening up yet another center in Mysore, India and hoping to employee 500 employees.  I guess I am trying to figure out if it is indeed cheaper to employee Indians than US based employees after all the perks the Indians get like healthcare for the whole family including parents until they are 80, gym, free transportation, the cost ...