A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Okay, taking a little poll - See Message

Posted: Dec 05, 2012

Some have been trying for over 7 years to change things and things haven't changed. Okay.  Those of you who are quite certain you want to try to change things, how long have you been doing it?  And how much longer are you going to do it? I guess we who have been speaking up for 7 years have been doing it all wrong?

im with you... but didnt try too hard I guess - few surveys

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess I didnt really try too hard to change things. I did do a couple surveys, but I didnt answer the way my real self would have, I took the neutral nellie approach becuase I feel like they would target me if I were honest.

Also, those surveys dont have a spot to actually say what you feel. Its just multiple choice, so how could I explain, tactfully of course, that if they really cared about their company and their image, that could not possibly treat the workers with such little respect.

Besides, how could I tell them honestly that I think the amout of money they spend on surveys, boost initiatives, keystroke tracking, the multiple layers of suits, and first time right programs, etc., could profit them so much more had they invested in the MTs? They dont want to hear our logic, they just want to line their pockets.

So in essence, I want change, but due to the helplessness of it all, I have not done anything to "change" the unchangeable.

That was my point - Trying to change the unchangeable

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess I am trying to set the point that people are delusional if they think they can change this. If seven years of kicking and screaming by MTs hasn't done it, I'm not sure what will. However, if you are one of those who has not kicked and screamed yet, and you think it might actually do something, I think you should go for it.

I for one am out of this biz. Enough.....

Been there with you - Over 10 years

[ In Reply To ..]
All I got for speaking up and voicing my concerns was a target on my back, constant audits, conference calls with VPs telling me that I am out of line and my email tone is inappropriate.

No, we didn't do it wrong at all. The company does not want to be changed, they only want sheeple. We have had 2 lawsuits since I have been here regarding Medquist frauding the employees on their line counts and although we won we never saw a dime. AHDI was in cahoots with Medquist to steal our money and look the other way while Medquist not only frauded their employees, but also clients. Look up Kaiser in California. It was also specified that Medquist or Mmodal would specifically define what a line is and exactly what they pay for but the policy reads like a lawyer novel and no one knows exactly. In fact, I had a VP call me up to see if I still had my original hire paperwork that defined what a line is. There was an awkward silence when they realized that I still did. They want old timers like me gone because we know too many dirty secrets. Soon they will have their wish. One more year and I will be done with school and I plan on moving on to bigger and better things.

The "newer" people weren't here - back then- see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
The people who are just coming in, in the past few years, just don't understand that we've been there, done that, and it does nothing. In fact, things got worse.

Some of us have been here 15-20 years, folks, and have seen more horrible changes over time than you can ever imagine, and for you to think we just don't want to "speak up" is an irresponsible assumption. We fought. We hoped. We hung on. We're done.

We long-timers are the ones who watched the demise of the industry, bit by bit, step by step. You all came in when it was already pretty much sliding down the tubes. We tried for us and for you (the future MTs at the time).

I think you all can try for you and any other future MTs if you'd like, but don't assume we just sat back and watched it all happen without a fight. You fight with all you've got, if that's your desire. I won't stop you.

Years and years ago, the only things that went to India and/or that were on ASR were the "easy" clinic doctors. The ASR was easy enough to edit on those dictators who were deemed "ASR-able," so those editing it didn't have too bad a time of it. Yes, they actually used to decide if a dictator was a good ASR candidate. And, in particular, acute care people still had plenty of straight transcription, because they actually didn't put mass quantities of acute care dictators on ASR and didn't send that work to India. But that has all changed. I'm going back to, gosh, 2004-2005? It all went to heck from there, little by little. It has reached a bottom. Not sure how much worse it can get.

This is NOT doom and gloom taking over my brain. This is fact. Do you think I would have been here 15 YEARS (yes) if I didn't at least have a little bit of hope that it would change? Anyway, I am leaving the industry. I am just giving you food for thought and trying to help you.

Also, the newer people - MTMM

[ In Reply To ..]
will not remember that we actually had to pay MQ to use their inferior computers/equipment. I guess they had to stop that practice when they cut our pay so low nobody could afford to pay them.
If you were employee, though... - they supplied it. No more.
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
We still had to pay out of our checks, - $25 per check
[ In Reply To ..]
As a rental fee...
What I Meant Was - If you were employee status, see msg
[ In Reply To ..]
They did not charge you that rental fee.

I think the problem is bigger than just the MT industry - the problem is our entire country has - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
sold out to greed and shortsightedness. A few pigs at the top are basically wiping out an entire class of American citizens, not bothering to think about what it will do to this country in the long-term, just so they can line their already-overstuffed pockets today, and screw tomorrow. They think that'll be OUR problem, not THEIRS.

I've been job-hunting everywhere BUT MT lately, and all that's out there, unless you're some level III, muckty-much manager, is ON-CALL, PER-DIEM, NO BENEFITS.

I would like to propose that all elected officials work on-call, per-diem, no benefits, as well! And why not? They can afford it. Nowadays you can't even afford to run for office unless you're already a millionaire.

I think before we can do much about changing MT, or any other industry for that matter, the middle class is going to have to dig their heels in, and start playing dirty (just like the government and Big Business does), and fight back. The middle class is also going to have to get over its squeamishness about temporarily making things worse, in order to make them better in the long run.
PS: (LOL!) How 'bout we pay elected officials on production, - like us? Theyd make even less than we do!
[ In Reply To ..]
But hey - maybe some of them would actually start showing up for work, and getting a few things done, for a CHANGE!

We haven't been speaking up enough, or in large enough - numbers, or to the right people. (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
And when we say we want something (a living wage, decent benefits), we have to have an "or else..." ultimatim attached to it that will bite them - HARD.

We will likely have to be even more backed into a corner than we already are - to the point of having absolutely nothing left to lose, I guess. (I'm pretty much there already.) And then we have to fight them as if our lives depended upon it, because... guess what? They DO.

I could not agree more, but people are scared - to speak thier mind

[ In Reply To ..]
Too many people are afraid to ruffle feathers. Too many people are content to just sit around bitching on this board instead of doing something about it.

I'm not a great leader, or I'd try to get something started myself. But I am a damn good follower and if someone has a good plan for what we can do, I'll be right by their side helping any way I can.

It just seems too many have given up hope to be able to make a change.

We have spoke up. We have tried everything. - Maverick

[ In Reply To ..]
The time to stop it was when CBAY bought us out. We needed to form a Union during that time to stop it from happening. We wrote to our Senators, Congressmen, CNN, MSNBC, Foxnews, etc. We even wrote to editors of newspapers, and anchors/reporters such as Sean Hannity, Anderson Cooper, etc.

MTs here made their decision. It seemed most did not want a union. It was the only way to really stop this company from another country buying us out. Some of us also knew this company would be the leader of this industry and whatever they could get away with, other companies would follow this company.

Then it was too late. The higherups got what they wanted.

Here is my point about why everyone should - take the survey

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think it is about change, which we would all hope for, but to make sure the survey results are valid. If only content people take the survey, then what is the point? I believe they were fairly honest about the results last time as they saw the need to change some things and they did. They didn't just ignore everything. The changes they did make were good ones, they just need to do more. For the sake of everyone, everyone needs to complete the survey. Those of you who think you know it all "because you've been through it all before" become part of the problem when you don't take the opportunity to let your opinion known when it is asked for. I've lived through the downfall of this industry in the past 10 years, and I intend to give my feedback any chance I get.

Certainly not pro MModal but I agree somewhat with your - post. Benefits for instance. Those

[ In Reply To ..]
were a MAJOR change for the better. If anyone has checked out health insurance rates with any other companies, you'll know that they did listen on last survey about this. I have to say that MModal currently has the best and most reasonably priced health insurance/benefit package available right now.

It would be funny if everyone took the survey and totally - FLAMED M*M, then we could - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
sit back and get a few good belly-laughs when the fake "results" were posted about how great everyone thinks M*Modal is! hahahahahaha!

They didn''t give any "fake" results last time, so - why would they this time?

[ In Reply To ..]
Why not give Vern a chance. I think he has been pretty honest and I think he is trying. I think he has a long way to go in trying to understand our challenges, but why not give him a break and wait and see what he does before completely making him out as the bad guy. So far he has made improvements, why not see where we go from here before predicting what you think is going to happen.
Improvements? I have not had enough work to - complete my PT shift in 4 weeks!
[ In Reply To ..]
How the heck is that an improvement?
and you need to make that clear on the survey - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
They dont leave an area to state your opinion - they ask the questions that cant be
[ In Reply To ..]
used against them or shed them in a bad light. Have ya looked at the questions?
Have you? - did not think it was available yet nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Last time they did - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
If I'm remembering correctly, last survey at the end you could say what you wanted to say; I remember this because I kind of remember what I said.
Never saw a spot like that.. It was like 6 questions - that were useless.
[ In Reply To ..]
Will see what the new one is like.

see your point, however, the questions are not - even appropriate...

[ In Reply To ..]
They dont ask real questions that pertain to US.

We haven't seen this round of questions yet, unless you - take the survey you will never know. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I tried at one point - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
To rally a bunch of us together to fight this off shore BS..and got about 10 or so people to join in,,,not enough I need that many in each state..But if anyone has ideas, Im more then willing to try again..My firm belief is that the information that is sent overseas is a homeland security violation...

Similar Messages:

Taking A Poll
Sep 01, 2010

If you get NJA on a very regular basis, reply with what state you are in.  Apparently, some states require pay for downtime, CA I believe being one of them.  I'm not sure of the other states.  Obviously, work can be routed to or away from us at will, and I have a feeling they are choosing MTs from the states that mandate downtime pay over states that don't. ...

Taking A Poll: What Would You Do If MQ Decides To
Dec 17, 2009

What would you (if you are MT/ME) if MQ decides to make us all MMEs?  I read a post previously that hinted at this. ...

Taking A Poll? How Much Time Per Day
May 23, 2010

do you spend doing required work that you don't get paid for?  For instance: "Simply" punching in for the day, then punching out, in and out again if you take a break or have a split shift on our zippy and oh-so-easy-to navigate ScheduleSource. Keeping an expanded paper file (fills up my desk) of all the client profiles we have to know like the back of our hand (so far 43 for me in the last 18 months). Checking our turbo-charged Medquist mail system just to read the mail let alone a ...

MTs Going Back To School: Taking A Poll
Apr 15, 2013

There are a lot of posts on this board with MTs stating they are going back to school for various things.  I'm headed in that direction myself and would love to know what you are going back to school for and what school (online, community college, etc.), and any other information you would like to share.  Thank you in advance for the inspiration!  ...

Q Poll
Mar 23, 2010

Yes, I'm taking a class related to my field or job role. --- Now what would that particular class be?  English as a second language?  Eponyms 101? ...

Another Poll.
Mar 23, 2010

I would like honest answers. Who will be writing an essay?   I, for one, will not be for so many reasons I can't even state them all, but you all know them well.  The sad fact is that I have only been with MQ since October.  Was promised the moon...but, well, we see where that has gone.  I don't even know where my primary account is anymore!   I fully believe that even if NO ONE submits an essay, there will be a "winner" anyhow, but I'm curios to see ...

6.1 Poll
Sep 15, 2010

I'm one of the holdouts on switching to 6.1.  I use my own computer, a Vista 32 bit and it sounds like it should work.  However, there are so many people complaining how sluggish their computer is now, while others say they are having no problems, I'm curious.  My questions are: 1.  Are you using your own computer? 2.  Is it Vista, XP or Windows 7? 3.  Are you having problems with 6.1 being slow? I guess I'm hoping to hear that my computer will ru ...

I Would Like To Take A Poll
Oct 08, 2010

Hello, I would like to take a poll on who would like to talk to the QA people about your feedback?   Or do you not want to talk to the QA people?     ...

MT Poll
Dec 23, 2011

I am curious as to the status of other MTs around the country.  If you are a regular production-paid MT working as an employee or IC for a transcription company (i.e. not a team lead, supervisor, owner, etc.), I would appreciate your feedback in this little poll. How many years have you been in this business? What company do you currently work for? What platform (if any) do you currently work with? How many lines per hour do you average? How many hours a week do you work? What is your ...

Re THE POLL
Dec 23, 2011

For all of you who screamed (yes I heard it as screaming or whining) about the purpose, ulterior motives, etc.  For gawd's sake, if you are posting anonymously, what does it matter to give the particular information the poster asked for?  No, I'm not the OP and I'm not an MTSO, don't own a suit.  Just someone who can't figure out how some of you get through life being outright miserable, suspicious, and unhappy.  Sharing info with another MT (or even ...

How About A Poll?
Oct 17, 2012

Like this message if you believe there is no future in MT and that the best plan is to escape.  Dislike this message if you believe in MT and think what we need to do is unionize or use some other means to try to save it. ...

Poll: A $38,000 Course?
Apr 06, 2013

For the posters here looking into other fields of employment and/or courses, what would you do if you were contimplating getting into a field that you were not thoroughly in the know about, and an online university offered a couse in that field for $38,000? ...

POLL: How Many Are MEs Vs MTs? (sm)
Jun 17, 2013

For those who still do MT work, I'm curious to know what your work situation is, inhouse, outhouse with MTSO, IC with direct contracts to MDs/facilities? ...

Something Of A Poll, But What Would You Do If You
Jun 12, 2014

knew you were about to be fired?  Stop right then, keep working??  I am just curious. ...

Can We Do A Pay Poll?
Oct 30, 2014

I think it will help us all to know where we stand.  Maybe put a range of experience first, like 1-5 years, 6-10 years, 11-15 and 15+ and then your Regular/SR rate (not including any eve or weekend differentials).  I'll start:  11-15 years of experience.  0.0825 regular/ 0.0465 SR. For me, this is a pay cut recently.  I was working at a different company until recently, making .09 regular and .05.  Even though I know this MT thing is going down, it still suck ...

Poll
Jan 15, 2015

I got dinged on an audit for putting 4 x 4s, was told it should be 4 x 4's.  Just wondering what the concensus is. ...

Okay, Forget The Poll. Must Be The Only One
Jul 24, 2010

Glad you all are doing great in your jobs and have work. ...

Poll. Whether Or Not This Is A Cut In Pay Rate For You. Sm
Dec 11, 2012

So, we can remain anon. Please click on like if your pay rate was NOT cut. Please click on dislike if your pay rate was cut. Thanks for your attention. ...

Annoyance Poll
May 28, 2014

What annoys you most on posts? Not just here, but anywhere on the Internet?  For some reason, it annoys the heck out of me what someone ends a post with *sigh* but *LOL* doesn't bother me in the least.  I don't know why. ...

Very Curious Poll For QC
May 19, 2015

I am curious to see answers from other QC on the questions below:  Have you in the past had a very good audit score, only in the last few weeks all of a sudden have become incompetant with failing audits? Have you quit yet or plan to? Do you just plan to get an additional job to make up the diff? Are you completely fine with the whole thing, have great % and great LPH? ...

Poll: How Many Have Been Working For MQ More Than 3 Years.
Jan 01, 2010

I started out in 1989 with one company who merged with that company who bought out that company and then merged with that company known as The MRC Group who merged with Transcription Limited who is now known as MQ.  ...

Poll: Spelling Pet Peeves
Sep 24, 2010

These drive me nuts when I see them! "I could care less" ... WRONG!  It is "I could not/couldn't care less" --  In other words, there is no more "caring" left!  LOL Rediculous ... WRONG!   It is "ridiculous." Pleural when "plural" is needed! You're vs your.   You're stands for "you are"!  Your is a possessive! Ok.  Your turn!   ...

Line Count Poll
Aug 24, 2011

I'm wondering if some of you could share with me what your company line per hour requirements are.  Precyse now requires 240 lines for the voice recognition crap and 160 for the straight transcription crap and if you don't meet those requirements you are history.  I'm curious as to what everyone else is expected to do for the privilege of eeking out a living.   Thanks! ...

Poll: Anyone Happy? Share Please.
Mar 29, 2014

There are times I do enjoy the work. However, I have a few failed audits, performance management for lines, and NJA, so lately not too thrilled. I just wish it would get better. Sometimes I too would like to quit, but just keep plugging along. For me, at least it is some income adding to the pot, and that is a blessing. I often wonder would I save more money not working-dinner out due to no time to cook, lunch out due to no time for grocery store-you know the drill.  Anyhow, trying to have ...

Poll: Companies With Current Ads While Their MTs Have NO Work!
Feb 20, 2011

nm ...

Quick Poll - QA Percentage Requirements
Jan 23, 2012

Is industry standard now a requirement of 99% accuracy for the usual employee review to maintain employment or (heaven forbid) achieve a bonus? 97%, 98%, or 99%.  Just curious. ...

Poll Time, Either Straight Or VR, Could You Lose Your Job If You Don’t
Oct 14, 2009

I just heard yesterday where 1 place is saying you have to do at least 4000 lines per day in VR in order to work for them. Are other places saying the same, how about where you work? ...

Poll: Is Your Work PC Your Own Personal PC Or Company-owned?
Jul 17, 2012

Click Like for yes, it is company-owned (and covered if it crashes, i.e., money does not have to come out of your pocket)   Click Dislike for no, it is your own personal PC (and not covered if it crashes, you get no money to cover it and have to shell out $500 for a new PC). ...

Unofficial Poll - Escription Numbered Lists
Apr 24, 2014

I am just curious. About what percentage of lists that appear in your reports numbered, as in past medical history or medications, comes out correctly? I am guessing that with medications specifically, which I think it does a horrid job at, about 2 or 3 times a day out of about 20 reports, the list will come out correctly. The majority however is completely messed up, double numbers, wrong medications, etc. I can't believe what a piece of work voice wRECk is?! When I see the advert ...

This Is A Poll Of Sorts. No Company Names Needed.
Oct 20, 2014

dd ...