A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Taking a poll: What would you do if MQ decides to - poodlepassion

Posted: Dec 17, 2009

What would you (if you are MT/ME) if MQ decides to make us all MMEs?  I read a post previously that hinted at this.

Poodle - MT/ME

[ In Reply To ..]
Gracefully decline. Give my two weeks notice and go back to substitute teaching fulltime.

I'd give notice that day. - looking for another job and waiting

[ In Reply To ..]
I already have another part-time job that I'm hoping will go to full-time soon, so I'll be leaving anyway, but I'd give notice the minute they asked us to do that. There's no way I'm going to proofread ILP work and help them take OUR jobs! I feel I've already done enough of that in training the ASR "machine."

The new job I have is a non-MT job, and is going to be straight typing - no ASR. Yay!!!

The final manipulation - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Most of us signed on to be MTs, and suddenly we were forced to become MEs at a pay cut. Then they cut our pay again. I won't be manipulated again.

As far as givng notice, that won't happen. I will just stop working. I might consider sending my CCM an email saying I resign, effective immediately. I feel no loyalty to a company who disrespects and abuses their employees.

Gave notice and quit so I don't have to worry but - NOMO

[ In Reply To ..]
they probably will if they can. If not, I look for another cut in insurance or increasing the amount the employee pay. I questioned my exCCM and her supervisor about things I have read on this board about how some get raises, about the discrepancy in pay between tiers, new hires, old hires, middle hires, about the discrepancy in accounts or WTs that some MTs/MEs get, about the special work pool that MQ has of difficult dictators that some MTs/MEs get assigned to (which they denied happened), about if they would work for 5 or 3 cents a line, how some employees get internet paid for and others don't, how people cannot pay their bills. Their replies were "they do not read the gossip on the board and if I want accurate honest information I was to ask them, HR, et cetera." I did not finish out my notice time but did tell them perhaps they ought to read the board so they could get in touch. So I guess all of our concerns on here, frustrations, rants, raves, questions, et cetera, have no merit and are just gossip. Good luck to you all. Invalidation is another form of abuse.
Oh come on, they don't read the boards?? - Not born yesterday
[ In Reply To ..]
I'll bet they're on here every day trying to figure out who the posters are.

Easy! I WOULD QUIT! - We will become nothing but MMEs.

[ In Reply To ..]
DID MANAGE SEND THIS OUT?

In my state, with minimum wage at 8.40,I can make more money working at move theater than being an MME.

Took a MT DocQmanage refresher course not too long ago. Someone asked at the end of the course should she go back to school for another profession. The 2 teachers who taught the class stated there were no more GOOD MT's out there anymore. What was interesting was the one teacher stated ASR and MME is the new technology and the way it is going to be in the future us MT's have to get used to it. So, no more typing reports anymore.

stay and wait it out - tabby

[ In Reply To ..]
because I am spineless and this is the only job I have ever had in which I actually have been working for years!!! Dosen't mean I won't look around, but I assume if that happens MQ would lose a lot of employees and I would stay to see if they give more money to the ones that stay. Plus the job market would have more competition than ever and that is just way too stressful!

I'm spineless too - sm - Confuzzeled

[ In Reply To ..]
And I hate looking for jobs!

My question is what are they going to do with those of us who aren't "qualified" to be MMEs?

For the first 13 years that I worked for the Q I did everything thown at me, including a few thousand OP notes. About a year ago my then CCM noticed that, OMG, I'm not a tier 3! Oops, put her back on clinic notes and ERs because she isn't qualified to do OPs. No skin off my teeth as I can whip through those much quicker.

Then I started getting invitations to be an MME - can't take the test because I'm not a tier 3. Oh, darn. I hear you also must be "invited" to take the tier tests. Guess they don't need anymore tier 3s because I've yet to get an invite.

So, I think I'll just continue riding the roller coaster and see what happens. Should be interesting. ;o)

Mgmt didn't send it out, I just wanted to know - poodlepassion

[ In Reply To ..]
because I read a few previous posts that something like that will happen in January. Don't know if it is gossip, just wanted to know what you all would do next if it did happen.

Buh-bye - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
//

MMEs do QA work and correct - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and fill blanks for newbies and ILPs as well as long-time MTs. There's no way a newbie MT can QA other MTs' blanks, and MQ is hiring plenty of newbies these days, so I don't see them wanting to make everyone MMEs. That wouldn't work.

MMEs do QA work and correct - sm - HAPPYHOLIDAYS

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you sm. There is no way EVERY MT is going to become an MME. I have to stop and wonder if some of these folks out here even understand what an MME does. As an MME myself I have trouble understanding the animosity out here towards those of us who are MMEs. You have to understand that we are also MTs as well. I still have to type and I still have to edit ASR jobs as I did before becoming an MME and I get audited too just like you all. I personally don't feel superior to anyone else or look down my nose at other MTs. I feel that I happen to have an advanced skill for listening to dictation and hearing things that maybe others cannot get - and if I can help in that capacity that gives me gratification. But, it has come with years of experience. For me the pay is higher and I have been fortunate thus far to be in a service area with lots of work. There are many good MTs out there and MMEs too. But I will say that if Medquist put every MT in the position of an MME they would probably go out of business. I have seen some reports that I would be ashamed to have my name attached to if I had typed it. I had a report the other day, 41 seconds long with 10 blanks! What the dictator said was very clearly discernable. It was not a difficult report and the person who typed it was a Tier III MT! Some people either don't try, don't give a rip or both! I try to be helpful and leave comments to help out/suggestions. But, when I get to the point where I pretty much see the same folks repeating the same errors I just fill them in and go on. I guess they may or may not get caught in the audit. Hopefully they will. For those who strive to do their best I commend them but for MTs who are just too lazy to make any attempt to look up words or just really don't care what they type you will never have to worry about becomning an MME.

Sorry for the rant and this was just a general post not aimed at anyone in particular. But, I do see a lot of negativity out here towards the MMEs by many MTs. I do think some MMEs may feel superior and go overboard with editing, etc. but I am not one of them. I just want to do my job and do it to the best of my ability like we all should. I only strive to fix the major errors and not the "little things" that don't really affect the report overall. I don't have time for that and have been told to only correct as necessary. I don't have a major in English grammar and again I don't feel superior to others.

What would be the point. If everyone was an MME - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
then we would just send our work through and there would be no reason to QA it, unless of course we were getting the offshore work to QA.

Similar Messages:

Taking A Poll
Sep 01, 2010

If you get NJA on a very regular basis, reply with what state you are in.  Apparently, some states require pay for downtime, CA I believe being one of them.  I'm not sure of the other states.  Obviously, work can be routed to or away from us at will, and I have a feeling they are choosing MTs from the states that mandate downtime pay over states that don't. ...

Okay, Taking A Little Poll
Dec 05, 2012

Some have been trying for over 7 years to change things and things haven't changed. Okay.  Those of you who are quite certain you want to try to change things, how long have you been doing it?  And how much longer are you going to do it? I guess we who have been speaking up for 7 years have been doing it all wrong? ...

Taking A Poll? How Much Time Per Day
May 23, 2010

do you spend doing required work that you don't get paid for?  For instance: "Simply" punching in for the day, then punching out, in and out again if you take a break or have a split shift on our zippy and oh-so-easy-to navigate ScheduleSource. Keeping an expanded paper file (fills up my desk) of all the client profiles we have to know like the back of our hand (so far 43 for me in the last 18 months). Checking our turbo-charged Medquist mail system just to read the mail let alone a ...

MTs Going Back To School: Taking A Poll
Apr 15, 2013

There are a lot of posts on this board with MTs stating they are going back to school for various things.  I'm headed in that direction myself and would love to know what you are going back to school for and what school (online, community college, etc.), and any other information you would like to share.  Thank you in advance for the inspiration!  ...

What If MQ Decides To Make Us All Become MME's!
Jan 12, 2010

Didn't MQ make the CTL's become MME's?  If that happens to the MT's and you reject it, I assume you will be fired and if so, can you still collect unemployment?  What if you they point blank and say, you have to become an MME or you will have look elsewhere.  Can you somehow collect unemployment whether you quit or get fired or will you lose out unemployment benefits.  Basically, it is a no win situation for us MT's?  ...

Oh Me, I Wish I Knew Who Decides Which Physicians To Put On
Jan 24, 2012

VR and which ones not to.  I'm very rapidly beginning to remember why I wasn't particularly fond of VR.  ...

Q Poll
Mar 23, 2010

Yes, I'm taking a class related to my field or job role. --- Now what would that particular class be?  English as a second language?  Eponyms 101? ...

Another Poll.
Mar 23, 2010

I would like honest answers. Who will be writing an essay?   I, for one, will not be for so many reasons I can't even state them all, but you all know them well.  The sad fact is that I have only been with MQ since October.  Was promised the moon...but, well, we see where that has gone.  I don't even know where my primary account is anymore!   I fully believe that even if NO ONE submits an essay, there will be a "winner" anyhow, but I'm curios to see ...

6.1 Poll
Sep 15, 2010

I'm one of the holdouts on switching to 6.1.  I use my own computer, a Vista 32 bit and it sounds like it should work.  However, there are so many people complaining how sluggish their computer is now, while others say they are having no problems, I'm curious.  My questions are: 1.  Are you using your own computer? 2.  Is it Vista, XP or Windows 7? 3.  Are you having problems with 6.1 being slow? I guess I'm hoping to hear that my computer will ru ...

I Would Like To Take A Poll
Oct 08, 2010

Hello, I would like to take a poll on who would like to talk to the QA people about your feedback?   Or do you not want to talk to the QA people?     ...

MT Poll
Dec 23, 2011

I am curious as to the status of other MTs around the country.  If you are a regular production-paid MT working as an employee or IC for a transcription company (i.e. not a team lead, supervisor, owner, etc.), I would appreciate your feedback in this little poll. How many years have you been in this business? What company do you currently work for? What platform (if any) do you currently work with? How many lines per hour do you average? How many hours a week do you work? What is your ...

Re THE POLL
Dec 23, 2011

For all of you who screamed (yes I heard it as screaming or whining) about the purpose, ulterior motives, etc.  For gawd's sake, if you are posting anonymously, what does it matter to give the particular information the poster asked for?  No, I'm not the OP and I'm not an MTSO, don't own a suit.  Just someone who can't figure out how some of you get through life being outright miserable, suspicious, and unhappy.  Sharing info with another MT (or even ...

How About A Poll?
Oct 17, 2012

Like this message if you believe there is no future in MT and that the best plan is to escape.  Dislike this message if you believe in MT and think what we need to do is unionize or use some other means to try to save it. ...

Poll: A $38,000 Course?
Apr 06, 2013

For the posters here looking into other fields of employment and/or courses, what would you do if you were contimplating getting into a field that you were not thoroughly in the know about, and an online university offered a couse in that field for $38,000? ...

POLL: How Many Are MEs Vs MTs? (sm)
Jun 17, 2013

For those who still do MT work, I'm curious to know what your work situation is, inhouse, outhouse with MTSO, IC with direct contracts to MDs/facilities? ...

Something Of A Poll, But What Would You Do If You
Jun 12, 2014

knew you were about to be fired?  Stop right then, keep working??  I am just curious. ...

Can We Do A Pay Poll?
Oct 30, 2014

I think it will help us all to know where we stand.  Maybe put a range of experience first, like 1-5 years, 6-10 years, 11-15 and 15+ and then your Regular/SR rate (not including any eve or weekend differentials).  I'll start:  11-15 years of experience.  0.0825 regular/ 0.0465 SR. For me, this is a pay cut recently.  I was working at a different company until recently, making .09 regular and .05.  Even though I know this MT thing is going down, it still suck ...

Poll
Jan 15, 2015

I got dinged on an audit for putting 4 x 4s, was told it should be 4 x 4's.  Just wondering what the concensus is. ...

Okay, Forget The Poll. Must Be The Only One
Jul 24, 2010

Glad you all are doing great in your jobs and have work. ...

Poll. Whether Or Not This Is A Cut In Pay Rate For You. Sm
Dec 11, 2012

So, we can remain anon. Please click on like if your pay rate was NOT cut. Please click on dislike if your pay rate was cut. Thanks for your attention. ...

Annoyance Poll
May 28, 2014

What annoys you most on posts? Not just here, but anywhere on the Internet?  For some reason, it annoys the heck out of me what someone ends a post with *sigh* but *LOL* doesn't bother me in the least.  I don't know why. ...

Very Curious Poll For QC
May 19, 2015

I am curious to see answers from other QC on the questions below:  Have you in the past had a very good audit score, only in the last few weeks all of a sudden have become incompetant with failing audits? Have you quit yet or plan to? Do you just plan to get an additional job to make up the diff? Are you completely fine with the whole thing, have great % and great LPH? ...

Poll: How Many Have Been Working For MQ More Than 3 Years.
Jan 01, 2010

I started out in 1989 with one company who merged with that company who bought out that company and then merged with that company known as The MRC Group who merged with Transcription Limited who is now known as MQ.  ...

Poll: Spelling Pet Peeves
Sep 24, 2010

These drive me nuts when I see them! "I could care less" ... WRONG!  It is "I could not/couldn't care less" --  In other words, there is no more "caring" left!  LOL Rediculous ... WRONG!   It is "ridiculous." Pleural when "plural" is needed! You're vs your.   You're stands for "you are"!  Your is a possessive! Ok.  Your turn!   ...

Line Count Poll
Aug 24, 2011

I'm wondering if some of you could share with me what your company line per hour requirements are.  Precyse now requires 240 lines for the voice recognition crap and 160 for the straight transcription crap and if you don't meet those requirements you are history.  I'm curious as to what everyone else is expected to do for the privilege of eeking out a living.   Thanks! ...

Poll: Anyone Happy? Share Please.
Mar 29, 2014

There are times I do enjoy the work. However, I have a few failed audits, performance management for lines, and NJA, so lately not too thrilled. I just wish it would get better. Sometimes I too would like to quit, but just keep plugging along. For me, at least it is some income adding to the pot, and that is a blessing. I often wonder would I save more money not working-dinner out due to no time to cook, lunch out due to no time for grocery store-you know the drill.  Anyhow, trying to have ...

Poll: Companies With Current Ads While Their MTs Have NO Work!
Feb 20, 2011

nm ...

Quick Poll - QA Percentage Requirements
Jan 23, 2012

Is industry standard now a requirement of 99% accuracy for the usual employee review to maintain employment or (heaven forbid) achieve a bonus? 97%, 98%, or 99%.  Just curious. ...

Poll Time, Either Straight Or VR, Could You Lose Your Job If You Don’t
Oct 14, 2009

I just heard yesterday where 1 place is saying you have to do at least 4000 lines per day in VR in order to work for them. Are other places saying the same, how about where you work? ...

Poll: Is Your Work PC Your Own Personal PC Or Company-owned?
Jul 17, 2012

Click Like for yes, it is company-owned (and covered if it crashes, i.e., money does not have to come out of your pocket)   Click Dislike for no, it is your own personal PC (and not covered if it crashes, you get no money to cover it and have to shell out $500 for a new PC). ...