A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Oh the frustration. We are asked to work extra all weekend sm - shortcake

Posted: Dec 08, 2012

long with OT approved and this being a regular workday for me, I have nothing!!!  On top of it, we are expected to meet our minimum line counts and work our minimum hours, but how is one to do that when there is no work.  I refuse to sit here 24/7 to get my PT hours in, if that is even possible right now.  It's bad enough not making any money but then to be told that we have to meet our line counts and hours or else.....Actually, I think I would really appreciate the "or else."  I do not make enough money nor do I respect or have the desire to give this company hours of my time earning NOTHING.  Sorry to vent but you guys are the only ones that actually know what is going on.  Also, I've been banned by my family and friends to even speak 1 single word about work.  They all think I'm a fool for putting up with it.  I know, I know, I've been looking for work outside MT and will really kick it up come the New Year.  I also applied for SUI but still waiting for a telephone interview which is next week.  Hope the rest of you are finding jobs in your queue today!!

Frustration - Rant on!

[ In Reply To ..]
First, I hear ya about friends and family, but actually, they don't have a clue as to what we are talking about, so it is probably better to vent here. As for no work, 24/7, etc or else! I think MM does that on purpose so you will either quit or get fired; they don't care, don't care, don't care and neither do the so called "clients." Lest us not forget the "patients." Again, this is not for us to determine, how important a transcribed report is as it isn't any more; actually it may never have been, but we had better paying jobs back then, so we believed it. Get out, get out, get out and away from this company; they are from the devil.

save your emails - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
that is not legal, just love to manage with fear and intimidation.

Save your emails on a personal address - forward them to yourself

[ In Reply To ..]
Forward all of your emails to yourself at a private address. Don't save them on the company server - you'll never know when things will get cleared off, plus they give you very limited room to store anything.

MModal, incentives - PM Shifter

[ In Reply To ..]
I am finding that the problem with overtime/incentive is that I am not able to work my 8 hours because the people earlier in the day have taken all of the work. Because of this overtime/incentive, I am short on hours, scared and worried.

then get up earlier then they do to get your lines - that is what I do

[ In Reply To ..]
If there is an overtime or incentive, you have the right to work outside of your shift, so beat them to it.

Similar Messages:

Ummmm, Asked To Work Extra This Weekend And I Have NJA Right Now!!! Nm
Jun 29, 2012

,, ...

OT-EXTRA HOURS FOR WEEKEND
Aug 27, 2010

All week NJA.  Everyone has hours to make up I am sure.  At 9:30 CCM puts out E-Mail for OT and extra hours for weekend.  At the  time of her mail "work is low" so why are we looking for OT and extra time committments????   ...

SoftScript Asked For Extra Help On An Account Last Night ... It Was Fun To Tell Them Sm
Feb 22, 2011

Sorry ... the weather is just too cold to type anymore.  LOL Sayonara to all of that bad news ........ ...

Asked To Work Extra So People In India Who Take Our Jobs
Oct 19, 2014

Some gall, huh?!? I'm thinking what?  I have to work holidays when they fall on my regular scheduled days. Nope - nothing wrong with this picture.  Nothing at all.   ...

So Who Here Will Work Extra This Weekend To Benefit The Company?
May 11, 2012

I'm tired of these emails asking us to work extra.  Why?  So they look good to the client??  Maybe if they paid us at least 8 cpl for both ST and VR, I'd consider it.  ...

WMX/Nuance - We Are Asked To Do OT Every Day And every Weekend
Jan 26, 2012

I work on an incredibly busy account.  We are asked to do OT every day and every weekend.  I'm just saying, it was one thing taking the cut in rates per line but they also increased our minimum lines per day to 1300 instead of the normal across the board 1200 a day and you want me to kill myself helping?  It kinda  took the "kick butt" out of my work ethics.  I call it greedy. ...

Being Asked To Work "extra" But Not Paying OT?
May 17, 2013

My company has a lot of work right now (which is a good thing, I know).  Previously when this would happen, we would be offered overtime and paid time and a half.  For the last couple of weeks, we are practically being begged to work "extra" hours but only at straight time.  I hate to sound negative, but I have a hard time giving up my free time to work for 4 cents a line editing horrible VR reports.  Is it even legal to ask MTs to work overtime for straight pay?  Please ...

Frustration Already
Sep 08, 2010

First week, not going well for at-home MT. Got some feedback on files--and blank inserts! I cannot understand the dictators. I asked if QA office personnel were having a hard time literally hearing and understanding dictators also, and was told, "no." (They have templates as well as more ppl listening, too.) They believe, it is a matter of not understanding the terms. But, even if a term IS garbled in sentences--how can ya hear to know whether the term would give me a problem or not? Then, to ...

NJA Frustration
Dec 08, 2011

Does this happen to anybody else?  I get NJA and then wait 13 minutes and get a job.  Aren't we supposed to wait 15 minutes to open a ticket?  It happened today and yesterday multiple times.  It really eats into my lines and breaks my rhythm.  I absolutely do not believe this is a coincidence.  Yes I understand the work is drying up or we have new MTs on the accounts, but geez, if there is no work, I'd rather be looking for another job.  What do ...

Frustration
Aug 20, 2012

I am so frustrated and discouraged about finding work right now.  A company I contracted for owes me thousands of dollars, have not seen a penny.  In small claims court right now.  I get turned down for every transcription job, not enough experience.  I am as are many of you, a hard worker.  I have two little girls I have to support.  Right now I am lost and don't know what to do.  This industry is crap.  Sometimes I just wish I had a normal job.  ...

QA Frustration
Aug 15, 2013

Okay, I pulled in an address from the database that spacing was not correct.  I did not change it and was "dinged." My bad for not watching but whoever entered it should have been more cognizant that the spacing was bad.  NEVER trust pre-entered information because you do not know who entered it. ...

Max Frustration
Jul 31, 2014

I'm so frustrated I thought TTS was going to be better, I started on a new account and the first month it was wonderful, good dictators, mostly typing, good QA scores.  Now I'm getting crappy QA, crappy dictators and my pay is taking a nosedive.  I didn't know when I started that Nuance was going to do the QC on TTS, either, that would've made me turn tail and run. I started out doing a lot of ops and haven't seen an op in ages. They're all the same. ...

Frustration With Nuance
Dec 22, 2011

It is almost the end of December and we (QA) still do not know how much we will be getting paid with Nuance.  We keep hearing that the information is being compiled! Really????  Was our pay an afterthought??  Oh, that's right, we need to figure out how much we are paying them, so we need to compile the information!  Compile what??  I am sure they have the information so what is the point in making us wait!!!!????  I am so annoyed!!!!!!! ...

I Can Understand All The Frustration Being A MT Is Doing. S/m
Jun 27, 2012

I busted my butt for 2-week pay period.  Looked up EVERYTHING.  Did my best.  Not only was my paycheck something I'd use to line the bird's cage, but my bonus pay was......are you ready?.........$38.64.   Big friggin whoop.   So I can understand the attitudes of you who are not afraid to bitch.  I'm right there with you as well as the others who are afraid to open their mouths. The only ones sticking up for this mistreatment are the newbies.&nb ...

Frustration In Spades
Sep 29, 2012

I am so frustrated at mmodal that I am literally tearing my hair out.  All day I have done MRs with dictators who use cell phones that have the world's crappiest reception, have gone through quite a few charts where the dictator is chomping and eating not to mention snorting, belching, etc, etc.  These people are the rudest people I have ever heard!!!  And I haven't even mentioned those with accents.  I'm about ready to throw in the towel.  ...

Frustration Continues
Feb 24, 2013

Working my "regular" schedule today.  So far 3.68 out of 8 hours in.  Wondering if there are fellow co-workers who have jumped in.  I have not jumped in to take work away from others.  I wish we could all work together.  YES, I too have financial obligations and struggle with finances.  Please do not shoot the messenger. ...

Beyond Anger/frustration
Mar 12, 2013

I strongly dislike tech support!!!!!!!!!!  Last job for the night.  It was 931 long.  Went to upload and got an error message tellling me it failed to upload.  DUH!  Jerked around by tech support for 15 minutes.  Consequently, the job was lost and I lost all those lines.  This job is hard enough to get lines without this.  In fact, this is the second time today that it has happened.  The last time I got "employee down time."  I am afraid this is ...

Frustration And Anger Over This Job Might Literally Be Killing Me.
Apr 02, 2015

I once took great pride in the practice of medical transcription.  Funny that we didn't call ourselves "editors" then, because the fact is that we really were editors in much more of the true sense of that word than we are now.  A true editor can take garbage, stomp it, filter it, ferment it, age it, and ultimately bring forth a bottle of delicious wine from it. This, we did also.  From garbage dictations, we used superior language skills, a knowledge of many subjects, skill ...

What's That, TSM? You Are Asking For Extra Help
Jan 08, 2015

Well, let me think about this....I just checked Fiesa and I have two 100% reports in there.  I'm normally off Thurs/Fri.  So if I just don't work anymore chances are good I will stay right at that 100%.  If I do (and I KNOW I'll get the worst dictators AND my backup account I rarely work on, happens every time in this situation)....but chances are HIGH that I will get that worked audited and then drop below 100%, prob evening falling off the "grid" and/or having to ...

Why Do They Keep Asking For Extra Hours?
Nov 10, 2009

I don't know about you all but my CCM is constantly asking us to work "extra," even when there are no late jobs and not an over abundance of dictation.  What is the deal?  The other night we were requested to work at least 1 extra hour.  Tonight they are asking again.  I don't know about you all but I have a family and other things I like to do other than work.  Don't they realize we have lives away from MQ???  Besides, that extra hour is really not g ...

Extra Strength
Nov 25, 2009

The doctor dictates: The patient's back pain responds fairly well to Tylenol; in fact better than ibuprofen. He typically takes 1 Extra Strength three times a day. Do I capitalize Extra Strength because it is assumed part of Tylenol? Or do I leave it lower case because it is not typed with the brand name Tylenol? ...

Where Does The Extra Money Go?
Sep 27, 2010

I assume that the MT companies set up a contract with the client for them to pay on a per-line basis.  Of course, they charge more than they pay us; that's how they make their money & that's fine.  But what I'm wondering is... when we get a report that comes in as VR instead of straight typing, where does the extra money go, since we get paid less for VR.  I feel like I work just as hard, if not harder on VR than typing a report.  So why don't we make ...

Extra-axial
Oct 04, 2010

Is extraaxial (brain tumor) one word or is it hyphenated?  ...

Extra-strength
Oct 24, 2010

is extra-strength Tyelnol hyphenated? ...

MD-IT Needs An Extra Few Days To Pay Me
Nov 01, 2010

was just told that md-it was going to need an extra few days to pay me. This is not the end of the world for me, but it does make me worry a bit about their financial health. Could someone out there tell me if they have had this problem too? ...

All This Hub Bub About Needing Extra Help For
Nov 07, 2010

I sit with NJA....on my SCHEDULED day to work. Once again, thanks a lot MQ for your oh so talented way of giving OT and incentives when they aren't necessary and taking away work from people who are actually scheduled to work. I appreciate it. ...

When They Pay You The $10/hr Extra Incentive
Mar 24, 2012

to work OT, do you still get time-and-a-half line rate, or is it straight line rate plus the $10/hr? ...

Extra Bonus
Jun 24, 2013

Just wondering to those of you who received the last quarterly bonus, how long did it take for them to pay you the bonus.  I didn't receive it last time but should receive it this time.  I know the quarter ends the end of June and last time they sent e-mails stating it would take a little while.  Thanks for any info! ...

Why I Will NEVER Work EXTRA
Aug 22, 2013

Every time that I log onto the system, I am reminded how disrespected, how underpaid, how unappreciated that I truly am. So - MTSO - you can publish your "SOS, EXTRA HELP NEEDED!" messages all you want.  If it ever comes down to your being willing to PAY for me to give precedence to YOUR needs, perhaps I'll consider it.  MEANWHILE, GO SUCK AN EGG, YOU BLOODSUCKERS!! ...

Should Be Some Extra Scraps Of Work For Us
Jan 22, 2010

January 26 is Republic Day in India. It is one of their most important events/holidays in India.  It is kind of like our 4th of July.  It is the anniversary when they became a republic.  They will be dancing in the streets, eating tons of Chaat and drinking lassi until the cows come home (literally), I guess.  (I have an Indian friend who tells me these things.) Maybe we will have some extra work.  Some of them will be working, but not all I would imagine.  Whoo. ...