A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Frustration continues - anony

Posted: Feb 24, 2013

Working my "regular" schedule today.  So far 3.68 out of 8 hours in.  Wondering if there are fellow co-workers who have jumped in.  I have not jumped in to take work away from others.  I wish we could all work together.  YES, I too have financial obligations and struggle with finances. 

Please do not shoot the messenger.

it's every man for himself - see below

[ In Reply To ..]
about the ship? going down?

I will work whenever I see a job sitting there - thats my right

[ In Reply To ..]
When they forced us into a schedule, and forced us to sit there for 15 minutes waiting for a job to load, and forced us to fill out a ticket, and forced us to choose to make up time, and when they forced us into an NJA situation by shifting work overseas, it forced me to be a cut throat MT who has to fight for every darn job I can find. I am sorry that you are low on work, but so am I. I dont care if its your schedule, as others are on my schedule taking work for the same reasons I am. This is what this company forced me to do. I have bills to pay also. You also have the right to log on whenever you have to to get your lines in. You do what you have to, I will do what I have to. We all have a sad story, and we all need work.

Also, please dont shoot this messenger. But really, I dont care if you do, it would be a quicker and less painful death.

WOW - anony

[ In Reply To ..]
Can say no more.

There really is - nothing else

[ In Reply To ..]
you can say. If you want work, you'll have to do what the rest of us do and fight for it. We have bills too.

Agree with you 100%. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Dont blame you but you do understand - what will happen right?

[ In Reply To ..]
your TCM will block you when it becomnes advnatageous for them..I honestly think they are writing you out so you will quit and free up the work..not saying its right, just saying...

well, if that is true, I will not quit - thats my right

[ In Reply To ..]
They can play games with someone else. I have been here 17 years, I know how to play the game. I wont quit. I will keep getting the work and if they block me from it, I will collect unemployment.
Dont blame ya one bit - I would too
[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately, not everyone is in the monetary position to play their stupid games...Me, Im lucky, I can do it..I also know why I get steady work, Im a non-benefit taker..
well, I am not a benefit taker - and I dont get steady work
[ In Reply To ..]
So that is not the reason.

Your accounts were not all shifted yet.
thats a possibility also..Im steady full for now - ride the horse till it dies. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Unless we can all figure out some kind of action, instead of fighting amongst ourselves...
Yep! I agree with you. Been here - over 20 years.
[ In Reply To ..]
I too have learned how to play COMPANY'S game. How many times I had no work in the morning and was switched to late evenings. Been working late evenings for over 20 years because of no work in the morning. Then morning shift running out of work and so MTs jump on in the evening and vice versa. Learned to play the game and if there is a job, you take it. The company is the one who made us learn the survival game.

Yep, it is a dog-eat-dog world at MModal these - days

[ In Reply To ..]
and we have all become the dogs looking for scraps.

Thank you. You are at least honorable, unlike our thieving coworkers below. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

How is it being a thief to flex when we are told to do so? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I understand you want to work your schedule and no more, so does everyone. I also understand some people cannot work outside their schedule because they have other jobs (ME). However,if my supervisor tells me I can work outside my schedule to get my lines in, I will do so, if possible. There is no "stealing" of anyone's work, as it does not belong to you in the first place.

We're - honorable too

[ In Reply To ..]
You're going to have to do what the company has driven everybody to do if you want your lines. Don't call people dishonorable for doing as instructed and flexing to get hours and lines. You can either start doing that or don't get your lines, that's up to you.

Frustration - CoMT

[ In Reply To ..]
It isn't bad enough MM pays so little, has horrible dictators, etc., but it is literally turning it's employees on each other. Like a pack of wolves and one small deer! BUT, what can we do? We all have to work and want to work our shifts, but there isn't any work and MM doesn't seem able to or want to or can't fix this problem. I vote for not wanting to fix it; hence, we are all scrambling. No use posting anything about this, as you see the responses you get and I can understand that as well. Just log on and work and do what you can and since we are all sitting around with NJA most of the time, look for another job! It is horrible that it has come to this.

To the OP . . . . - MADMT

[ In Reply To ..]
You managed to get 3+ hours, be thankful. I was lucky to get that many hours for my total last week.

OP - Just askin

[ In Reply To ..]
What does OP stand for?
Original poster - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
OP - Just askin
[ In Reply To ..]
Thx. I just could not figure that one out. I keep thinking Operations something, but that didn't make sense either. I have only seen OP on the MM board (I think)!

It is called survival honey. Adapt, migrate or die. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

My TSM said anyone working outside scheduled - ditto

[ In Reply To ..]
hours would be perfomanced managed, which is tantamout to being fired.

so what if there is no work - Carol

[ In Reply To ..]
I just got fired because MModal bought out yet another company I worked for, and they promised to hire us all. No, lie, lie, lie. I wrote emails, I called and left messages. Yes, same old MedQuist biting my ass again.

well everyone must have different rules then - because mine said the opposite

[ In Reply To ..]
Flex to make up time. Wonder why we can't all get on the same page.

My TSM - Kitty Lady

[ In Reply To ..]
Not if you file a remedy ticket saying when you are going to make up hours.

Similar Messages:

ProScript - Hammer Continues To Fall
Jan 12, 2010

I hear that the hammer continues to fall at ProScript. Word has it that two more long-term employees were let go without warning. What is going on with that company? First, all employees lost their benefits and were changed to statutory along with having their lines rates cut drastically, and now this. ...

Keystrokes Or Acusis, My Dilemma Continues.....
Sep 18, 2013

PT/Acusis or FT/Keystrokes/ Radiology/3rd shift@ $1 a report.  After being fired from what I thought would be a great job for me (Amphion), I'm gun shy. ...

Frustration Already
Sep 08, 2010

First week, not going well for at-home MT. Got some feedback on files--and blank inserts! I cannot understand the dictators. I asked if QA office personnel were having a hard time literally hearing and understanding dictators also, and was told, "no." (They have templates as well as more ppl listening, too.) They believe, it is a matter of not understanding the terms. But, even if a term IS garbled in sentences--how can ya hear to know whether the term would give me a problem or not? Then, to ...

NJA Frustration
Dec 08, 2011

Does this happen to anybody else?  I get NJA and then wait 13 minutes and get a job.  Aren't we supposed to wait 15 minutes to open a ticket?  It happened today and yesterday multiple times.  It really eats into my lines and breaks my rhythm.  I absolutely do not believe this is a coincidence.  Yes I understand the work is drying up or we have new MTs on the accounts, but geez, if there is no work, I'd rather be looking for another job.  What do ...

Frustration
Aug 20, 2012

I am so frustrated and discouraged about finding work right now.  A company I contracted for owes me thousands of dollars, have not seen a penny.  In small claims court right now.  I get turned down for every transcription job, not enough experience.  I am as are many of you, a hard worker.  I have two little girls I have to support.  Right now I am lost and don't know what to do.  This industry is crap.  Sometimes I just wish I had a normal job.  ...

QA Frustration
Aug 15, 2013

Okay, I pulled in an address from the database that spacing was not correct.  I did not change it and was "dinged." My bad for not watching but whoever entered it should have been more cognizant that the spacing was bad.  NEVER trust pre-entered information because you do not know who entered it. ...

Max Frustration
Jul 31, 2014

I'm so frustrated I thought TTS was going to be better, I started on a new account and the first month it was wonderful, good dictators, mostly typing, good QA scores.  Now I'm getting crappy QA, crappy dictators and my pay is taking a nosedive.  I didn't know when I started that Nuance was going to do the QC on TTS, either, that would've made me turn tail and run. I started out doing a lot of ops and haven't seen an op in ages. They're all the same. ...

Frustration With Nuance
Dec 22, 2011

It is almost the end of December and we (QA) still do not know how much we will be getting paid with Nuance.  We keep hearing that the information is being compiled! Really????  Was our pay an afterthought??  Oh, that's right, we need to figure out how much we are paying them, so we need to compile the information!  Compile what??  I am sure they have the information so what is the point in making us wait!!!!????  I am so annoyed!!!!!!! ...

I Can Understand All The Frustration Being A MT Is Doing. S/m
Jun 27, 2012

I busted my butt for 2-week pay period.  Looked up EVERYTHING.  Did my best.  Not only was my paycheck something I'd use to line the bird's cage, but my bonus pay was......are you ready?.........$38.64.   Big friggin whoop.   So I can understand the attitudes of you who are not afraid to bitch.  I'm right there with you as well as the others who are afraid to open their mouths. The only ones sticking up for this mistreatment are the newbies.&nb ...

Frustration In Spades
Sep 29, 2012

I am so frustrated at mmodal that I am literally tearing my hair out.  All day I have done MRs with dictators who use cell phones that have the world's crappiest reception, have gone through quite a few charts where the dictator is chomping and eating not to mention snorting, belching, etc, etc.  These people are the rudest people I have ever heard!!!  And I haven't even mentioned those with accents.  I'm about ready to throw in the towel.  ...

Beyond Anger/frustration
Mar 12, 2013

I strongly dislike tech support!!!!!!!!!!  Last job for the night.  It was 931 long.  Went to upload and got an error message tellling me it failed to upload.  DUH!  Jerked around by tech support for 15 minutes.  Consequently, the job was lost and I lost all those lines.  This job is hard enough to get lines without this.  In fact, this is the second time today that it has happened.  The last time I got "employee down time."  I am afraid this is ...

Frustration And Anger Over This Job Might Literally Be Killing Me.
Apr 02, 2015

I once took great pride in the practice of medical transcription.  Funny that we didn't call ourselves "editors" then, because the fact is that we really were editors in much more of the true sense of that word than we are now.  A true editor can take garbage, stomp it, filter it, ferment it, age it, and ultimately bring forth a bottle of delicious wine from it. This, we did also.  From garbage dictations, we used superior language skills, a knowledge of many subjects, skill ...

Oh The Frustration. We Are Asked To Work Extra All Weekend Sm
Dec 08, 2012

long with OT approved and this being a regular workday for me, I have nothing!!!  On top of it, we are expected to meet our minimum line counts and work our minimum hours, but how is one to do that when there is no work.  I refuse to sit here 24/7 to get my PT hours in, if that is even possible right now.  It's bad enough not making any money but then to be told that we have to meet our line counts and hours or else.....Actually, I think I would really appreciate the "or else ...