A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Beyond anger/frustration - anon

Posted: Mar 12, 2013

I strongly dislike tech support!!!!!!!!!!  Last job for the night.  It was 931 long.  Went to upload and got an error message tellling me it failed to upload.  DUH!  Jerked around by tech support for 15 minutes.  Consequently, the job was lost and I lost all those lines.  This job is hard enough to get lines without this.  In fact, this is the second time today that it has happened.  The last time I got "employee down time."  I am afraid this is fruitless.  ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!  The stress is really getting to me.  I guess I will NOW start writing down each and every single job number.  Yeah, another thing to slow me down.  It is too bad I did not get the job number.  A hard lesson to learn.  I am going to go pour myself a big drink or tear my hair out.  HA

All you needed was the job #?? - Carol

[ In Reply To ..]
I write those down first thing, copy and paste sections of my job into Word and save while I'm typing, I'm done with losing work that I have worked hard on. Learned the hard way too many times in my 20 years.

If that were happening to me frequently - Bilboa

[ In Reply To ..]
I think I would ctrl-C to copy the job number from the ADT screen at the beginning of each report, then in the document first thing ctrl-end and ctrl-V to paste it at the end of the document, then when I reached the end it would remind me to ctrl-A, ctrl-E, and save it (the whole report, including the job #) as an expansion under some really fast to type name like aaaaa. (Same name each time, just modifying it, because of course once you get a new report up it means the last one submitted okay and you don't need that old one anymore.) Then, of course, delete the job # from the end of the report before submitting.

Just an idea you can try - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
How often do you clean the cookies and temporary internet files on your computer? Also run a disk check, then do a full file check, then defrag it...I do it monthly, the last company I worked for got me in the habit...We research A LOT and it gunks the computer up bad..It is not necessarily the company's fault, probably is but I do everything I can on my end to keep things from happening..

Job revoked problem - BH

[ In Reply To ..]
What you describe happened to be on Labor Day. I was scheduled to work, but would have rather been with family, as my daughter and grandson went to play tennis. So I suffered through a really long dictation of about 29 minutes and it took me over an hour, then just as I submitted, it said "JOB REVOKED." Well, it took me about a month to go through various levels to get paid for this, but I did get paid. Just a couple days ago, same thing happened, but I quickly went on statistics site, and it did appear there. Lucky me.

Similar Messages:

Frustration And Anger Over This Job Might Literally Be Killing Me.
Apr 02, 2015

I once took great pride in the practice of medical transcription.  Funny that we didn't call ourselves "editors" then, because the fact is that we really were editors in much more of the true sense of that word than we are now.  A true editor can take garbage, stomp it, filter it, ferment it, age it, and ultimately bring forth a bottle of delicious wine from it. This, we did also.  From garbage dictations, we used superior language skills, a knowledge of many subjects, skill ...

Frustration Already
Sep 08, 2010

First week, not going well for at-home MT. Got some feedback on files--and blank inserts! I cannot understand the dictators. I asked if QA office personnel were having a hard time literally hearing and understanding dictators also, and was told, "no." (They have templates as well as more ppl listening, too.) They believe, it is a matter of not understanding the terms. But, even if a term IS garbled in sentences--how can ya hear to know whether the term would give me a problem or not? Then, to ...

NJA Frustration
Dec 08, 2011

Does this happen to anybody else?  I get NJA and then wait 13 minutes and get a job.  Aren't we supposed to wait 15 minutes to open a ticket?  It happened today and yesterday multiple times.  It really eats into my lines and breaks my rhythm.  I absolutely do not believe this is a coincidence.  Yes I understand the work is drying up or we have new MTs on the accounts, but geez, if there is no work, I'd rather be looking for another job.  What do ...

Frustration
Aug 20, 2012

I am so frustrated and discouraged about finding work right now.  A company I contracted for owes me thousands of dollars, have not seen a penny.  In small claims court right now.  I get turned down for every transcription job, not enough experience.  I am as are many of you, a hard worker.  I have two little girls I have to support.  Right now I am lost and don't know what to do.  This industry is crap.  Sometimes I just wish I had a normal job.  ...

QA Frustration
Aug 15, 2013

Okay, I pulled in an address from the database that spacing was not correct.  I did not change it and was "dinged." My bad for not watching but whoever entered it should have been more cognizant that the spacing was bad.  NEVER trust pre-entered information because you do not know who entered it. ...

Max Frustration
Jul 31, 2014

I'm so frustrated I thought TTS was going to be better, I started on a new account and the first month it was wonderful, good dictators, mostly typing, good QA scores.  Now I'm getting crappy QA, crappy dictators and my pay is taking a nosedive.  I didn't know when I started that Nuance was going to do the QC on TTS, either, that would've made me turn tail and run. I started out doing a lot of ops and haven't seen an op in ages. They're all the same. ...

Frustration With Nuance
Dec 22, 2011

It is almost the end of December and we (QA) still do not know how much we will be getting paid with Nuance.  We keep hearing that the information is being compiled! Really????  Was our pay an afterthought??  Oh, that's right, we need to figure out how much we are paying them, so we need to compile the information!  Compile what??  I am sure they have the information so what is the point in making us wait!!!!????  I am so annoyed!!!!!!! ...

I Can Understand All The Frustration Being A MT Is Doing. S/m
Jun 27, 2012

I busted my butt for 2-week pay period.  Looked up EVERYTHING.  Did my best.  Not only was my paycheck something I'd use to line the bird's cage, but my bonus pay was......are you ready?.........$38.64.   Big friggin whoop.   So I can understand the attitudes of you who are not afraid to bitch.  I'm right there with you as well as the others who are afraid to open their mouths. The only ones sticking up for this mistreatment are the newbies.&nb ...

Frustration In Spades
Sep 29, 2012

I am so frustrated at mmodal that I am literally tearing my hair out.  All day I have done MRs with dictators who use cell phones that have the world's crappiest reception, have gone through quite a few charts where the dictator is chomping and eating not to mention snorting, belching, etc, etc.  These people are the rudest people I have ever heard!!!  And I haven't even mentioned those with accents.  I'm about ready to throw in the towel.  ...

Frustration Continues
Feb 24, 2013

Working my "regular" schedule today.  So far 3.68 out of 8 hours in.  Wondering if there are fellow co-workers who have jumped in.  I have not jumped in to take work away from others.  I wish we could all work together.  YES, I too have financial obligations and struggle with finances.  Please do not shoot the messenger. ...

Oh The Frustration. We Are Asked To Work Extra All Weekend Sm
Dec 08, 2012

long with OT approved and this being a regular workday for me, I have nothing!!!  On top of it, we are expected to meet our minimum line counts and work our minimum hours, but how is one to do that when there is no work.  I refuse to sit here 24/7 to get my PT hours in, if that is even possible right now.  It's bad enough not making any money but then to be told that we have to meet our line counts and hours or else.....Actually, I think I would really appreciate the "or else ...