A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Oh brother! My whole family is mad at me for working tonight. - THANKS MQ FOR NO HOLIDAY PAY TONIGHT!!!!

Posted: Dec 24, 2009

My husband has had it with this company and slave job and making half the pay.  He wants to go to church tonight and wants us to have time with family and play games and watch movies tonight, BUT I HAVE TO WORK TONIGHT AND TOMORROW MORNING!  Back to back.  Frankly, IT SUCKS BIG TIME!  Doctors and nurses have fun.  They get to talk to people when they work on holidays and give gifts to each other and listen to Christmas music and socialize while working.  Me?  I get to sit in a room by myself with a "Do not distrub" sign on my door and listen to a doctor word for word all night long. 

Okay!  I had enough whinning and feeling sorry for myself.  There are others who are alone and have no one and are not working this thankless job.  My heart goes out to them.  Thanks for reading! 

you could have my miserable life... - left out

[ In Reply To ..]
Six weeks ago, my mother-in-law said she was having x-mas at her house for x-mas eve. I cancelled plans for my family and asked if we could get together after christmas.

Then on Monday late evening, I get an e-mail that she decided she is only doing x-mas for her, her sister, her mother and her other son. My family (me, hubby and 2 kids) were not invited anymore because we could not show up until after 2 pm cause hubs and I both worked till 1.

So, Wednesday in the snowstorm, I had to go out shopping to get stuff to make a dinner at my house.

At least your family wants you around! You could be uninvited.

ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE!

Or you could be. . . - susieQA

[ In Reply To ..]
You could switch with me: 100% alone and working Christmas Eve and tomorrow as well. Two grown kids with midlife crises who decided at different times in the past few years that they had no need to maintain ties with Mom. Oh well. I have a job such as it is and my cats love me. Merry Christmas, really, to one and all. Let us be grateful for what good things we do have.

sorry mom - that sucks

[ In Reply To ..]
why do kids decide they don't need us? To bad we didn't decide that through the teen years. UGH.

If you live near the north woods, you are welcome here for the holidays. I always do a family-less Christmas party on Christmas day because there are so many without a place to go on Christmas!

I will raise my glass to a toast..,

To all of those alone, to all of those who would rather be! CHEERS!

Merry Christmas all.
Alone on Christmas - CrazyTyper
[ In Reply To ..]
I get to go to my soon to be mother-in-law's house. My guy's ex-wife will also be there. It's going to be grand! (not). I'd rather clean out a horse stable than go through this.

So sorry, mom. Sometimes kids are just rotten. You sound like a sweetheart. A very Merry Christmas to you!

Are you sure you are not me? - Mother of 2 also

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a son, somewhere, well he lives about 20 minutes from me and I have not seen him since 2005. Pitiful, isnt it? He decided he wanted to put me down over a money issue, an inheritance I received. I have a daughter who will come over tomorrow. These people who so much want children. I am like you, have my kittycats and they love me dearly, as I do them.
alone again, naturally - susieQA
[ In Reply To ..]
I salute you two ladies who replied and raise a (straight) eggnog to you both! Tell ya what: **I'd rather be alone than wish I was.** I know a couple of gals whose (grown) kids moved in and don't want to move out. Sigh. Anyway, it's good to know I'm not "alone" among my fellow posters.

to uninvited... I would tell MIL that you are doing Easter - and then cancel on her the day before!

[ In Reply To ..]
How absolutey rude! I would not forget that one for a while, but I hold grudges, that is just me....

Oh, I get to deal with my mother-in-law tomorrow. - Thanks MQ.

[ In Reply To ..]
Be thankful you have your immediate family. My mother died and my dad re-married right away to someone who is dying of cancer and do not want us around. I have a MIL who is well, horrible and that is putting it mildly. She is coming to our house to take over the kitchen tomorrow and bringing her own food for us to eat because she will not eat anybody's food, but her own. I get to listen to her complain and cut me down 100 times over. Everything negative. Shoot, my husband and I had to go to counseling over the years to deal with her. She is a major control freak and has to have it done her way or else or she threatens people with a gun (that was in the past though). Her own daughter wants nothing to do with and has not talked to her in 20 years. So sad, but I am going to try tomorrow to deal with her and hopefully my tongue will not be too red from biting it so much. Merry Christmas to all!!!!

It's been just me and my cats for xmas since my huband died in 2000 - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
and last year was the first time I started to get used to it.
Now...it's just another day on the calendar, but I have to make sure I don't run out of catfud because nothing is open.

Family and Xmas - SSTBA

[ In Reply To ..]
And here I was feeling sorry for myself wishing I still had a family to fight with around the holidays (inlaws taken in a helicopter crash, husband and child killed by a drunk driver, both parents deceased, only child). So sad to be alone especially during the holidays.

UNINVITED.. - PEACHDIVA

[ In Reply To ..]
Look at the picture differently, you have a family that lives and loves you, instead of trying to be included be exclusive and start planning your holidays around your families schedule, invite some of your friends and family who want to attend and CREATE YOUR OWN HOLIDAY MEMORIES.. who wants to spend their holiday with such trifling people anyway...teach your children how to celebrate yourselves and not rely on someone for your celebration...CELEBRATE THE BLESSINGS GOD HAS GIVEN YOU..SCREW THEM, their turkey was probably dry anyway..lol

THANKS PEACHDIVA - uninvited

[ In Reply To ..]
And you are so right!

Thanks, and Merry Christmas.

Working - Mary

[ In Reply To ..]
Lucky you. I have not had work in 3 days.

I say screw the job! I was supposed to work all - day yesterday, but I blew it off and -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
went and spent the day with friends instead. Out in the sunshine, no less! Sunshine and fresh air - wow, what a concept. No holiday pay? Then let management cover for us.
;p

Amen to that! - Irritated

[ In Reply To ..]
To be committed to work these holidays and then not even have work and receive no holiday pay??? To h**l with them!

Where is everybody at? Wish there were more of us-we could form some regional Christmas celebrations. Just meet at one place, bring some drinks and have a great meal and just hang out. Oh, well. It sounds good, anyway. I had no one really on Christmas as it turned out either. So, where is the party???

Similar Messages:

Anyone Else Working For Nuance Having Issues With Webclock Tonight?
Aug 08, 2011

Mine will work until I click on Webclock to punch in my hours and then it just sits there with a blank page and does nothing. Just wondering if it is just me or anyone else having this problem? ...

BIG BROTHER
Jul 23, 2013

And how about this?  My work computer has MTSTARS blocked!  If you click on a link iin Google to take you to a conversation at MTSTARS, the link is broken. If you try to go to the MTSTARS home page, it takes you directly to.............................NUANCE Home page!   Bwa-ha-ha!   Crazy~ ...

Transcend-Big Brother
Sep 01, 2010

Transcend is getting worse at least in my area.  They seem to try to cut costs on our payment but hire more TL and assistants so we can be watched every minute.   Every little thing is cause for a possible written reprimand and if you are off for a bit they are on you like glue.  ...

Big Brother Watching.
Jun 20, 2012

Been here for long time.  Maybe they are trying to get rid of me.  Don't know why.  Continuously checking my work would be one reason to think so, but why after all these years is my question.  Maybe feel the urge to pick on me, pettiness??  Hopefully I will be long gone soon and will be just dust in the wind :) ...

Oh Brother! A Corporate Email About Spheris
Apr 09, 2010

MQ has taken our merit increases, pay raises that we all should get every year (mine was 10 years ago), our bonuses, and our pay cut in half to be able to buy Spheris so the bigwigs can have more money in their pockets.  Oh brother.  Makes me sick and here I am sitting here out of work. ...

Oh, BROTHER! AHDI's Email About ACE 2013
Apr 05, 2013

AHDI is encouraging me to seek financial support from my employer so I can go to the annual convention this year.  Is this email a joke?  I can't even make a living wage from my employer so I can eat and pay the bills.  What's wrong with these people??? ...

LOOK OUT, I THINK BIG BROTHER NUANCE DOESNT LIKE SQUEAKY WHEELS
Dec 24, 2013

I'm sitting here working on Christmas eve.... work steadily flowing. All of my supervisors are off. Not happy, because I dont know if ANYONE else is working on my account? Had some really crappy dictators that I know I will be dinged on. This last doc talks like she has a mouth full of cotton. Anyway.... just got a FIESA report, a 3 point error for missing a patient's age, it was 57, not 67. Okay, yes, I missed it, shame on incompetent me... I admit I made a mistake BUT..... t ...

Russ Blaylock, M.D.: How Modern Medicine Killed My Brother
May 15, 2011

This is very powerful.  It paints the picture of what medicine has become.  There are so many sentences worthy of highlighting that I decided not to because the entire page would have been yellow.  Well worth the read.... (Dr. Blaylock has been a practicing neurosurgeon for 26 years.) By Russell L. Blaylock, M.D.Earlier this month, I traveled to Monroe, La., to bury my dear older brother, Charles. Charles was not only a wonderful brother, but he was a man with a heart of gold wh ...

Do You Family Still Come First? I Would Like To Know!
May 01, 2010

After being at a company with no work and little respect for the MT, I decided to quit and find another job.  I have been testing great,passing the on-line tests easily,and getting interest, and job offers.  My only problem is that all the jobs offered to me are for the afternoon shift.  Please do not get me wrong, I will work afternoon shift if my kids do not have food on the table, but I would rather have my afternoons, evenings free to spend time with my kids after they are gon ...

Thanks For All The Comma/and Help Family
Feb 27, 2010

Now I have another one:  first or 1st? First metatarsal, or 1st metatarsal First rib, or 1st rib When should you use first and when should you use 1st?  Thanks family! ...

No Family Support
Mar 29, 2010

I was all set to just quit MQ this past weekend, I had just had enough, even though I don't have another job yet, but am finishing my courses, which I am almost done with.  But my husband got upset about being the only breadwinner and dipping into the savings.  I can't get him to understand what I have to go through.  I keep hoping they will just fire me or lay me off so I can get unemployment, but so far nothing, even though I'm certainly not turning in the work I ...

Death In Family
Sep 10, 2010

Does MQ offer bereavement pay?  I don't have any PTO time left, but have to attend a funeral out of town.  (another expense I cannot afford...)  ...

Does Anyone Do Family Practice?
Apr 30, 2011

I have been doing transcription for about 7 years now, but almost all of that has been doing family practice work in SOAP note fashion.  When I first graduated I briefly did some work doing OP, H&P, discharges, et cetera.  I only did that for a short time and then started working at my current job. I have been with this small MTSO for 6 years doing family practice. I also did some letters and SOAP notes for peds endo for a while while doing the family practice. Anyway, over the las ...

How Do You Get Your Family To Leave You Alone?
Mar 23, 2012

It's hard enough to get my lines in.  I tell my family I'm on the clock, I have to work, but they just don't pay any attention.  If they are here, they walk right in, sit down and start talking, even though they can see my fingers poised over the keyboard and my headphones on.  If they are not here, they call, and then they have to repeat everything three times.  I know I could clock out but I can't just abandon a job I'm in the middle of so even if I ...

Family Medical Leave
Apr 18, 2010

Be sure you have enough work hours every 12 months to get family medical  leave if you need it. You will need to have 1250 hours for the past 12 months. If you work the 24-hour work week, you will have 1248 hours, missing two hours. While Medquist of course has the discretion of giving you family medical leave even with the 1248 hours, they are not required to do that. Then you will either have to let your relatives who need your help manage without you or lose your job.  At your CCM&# ...

I Guess We Now Dictate With Our Family
May 11, 2010

I just had an idiot dictating with what sounded like his whole family in the background, foreground, everyground.  Two young girls talking and giggling and then saying goodbye to each other.  Daughter talking to mother.  Some kind of beeping noise like a piece of heavy equipment backing up....beep, beep, beep, beep.  Dictator just yapping away.  How inconsiderate!!!!  Okay, I'm done.  ...

Hate Having To Tell My Family To Leave Me Alone
Feb 02, 2013

I have told them, if my ears are in I'm working.  If I'm not working, I'm not making money.  I have only 8 hours in which to get this work done. But still, they will walk in here and start talking.  Then I have to tell them again, and that always makes me feel BAD! ...

ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THE FAMILY ACT LEAVE AND HOW IT IS HANDLED
Jul 08, 2013

may need to take a leave of absence for a while....I cannot find an employee handbook anywhere, was employed by Transcend when Nuance bought them out ...

So What Happens If You Have A Personal/family Emergency ..... Sm
Jul 08, 2014

and have to take time off at the last minute? And have no PTO time? Will I be fired? ...

Family Insurance Coverage
Nov 07, 2014

Someone posted a message about a week ago that they were a single parent and could not afford the price of family coverage. Well, I am in the same boat. Family coverage with Nuance and most insurance companies I have checked out will cost me around 450.00 per month for just me and my son. But, I don't have to carry him under the same policy. If I take BCBSMA through Nuance and insure him under BCBSNC he is only 100.00 a month saving me around 250.00 dollars and month. I hope this helps ...

Doing 168 Lph Tonight
Nov 21, 2009

I am doing 168 lph tonight. It is a good night ...

I'm Just Not Getting It Tonight! :) Thanks For Any Help!
Dec 25, 2009

exam for evaluation of scoliosis Adams Forward Bend Test:  On upper thoracic, lower thoracic, and lumbar are less than 5 degrees of tilt at all levels.  She has normal s/l "sagginal" balance.  No s/l "ka feolay" spots.  She has no neurofibroma.   thanks. ...

Tonight The MM ASR Is Particularly Bad!
Dec 26, 2013

And they wonder why my count is not up to par??!! I told my QAM that my production depends almost entirely on the quality of the ASR (of which there is none!). I am also so sick of the fact ASR will not output "the patient" and will only output patient. And, I know if I don't add in every single little "the" or "a", I will be dinged and shredded. It still can't get "HEENT:" correct anymore. Along with the fact they haven't fixed the ADT question mark problem they caused over ...

OT Tonight
Jan 22, 2015

Ask me to work OT and then the system is not working.  REALLY? ...

The Family Wishes To Trim Her Pharmacal *pia*?? Thanks Nm
Jan 05, 2010

nm ...

S/l Keratin Malaysia... Just In Family History NFI
Jan 25, 2010

In the family history, just says "Father has s/l keratin malaysia" malashea... any ideas?  thank you ...

Capitalization - Family Planning Clinic ?
Oct 14, 2010

In a medical transcription report is "family planning clinic" capalized? Thanxs ...

Long Day..How Would You Type (this Is In Family History) Sm
Jun 03, 2011

father of the baby's brother had (this account is verbatim). Thanks so much! ...

$700 A Month For Health Insurance For My Family?
Feb 10, 2012

When I worked in-house at a local hospital until a couple of years ago, I was able to get health, dental, prescription plan, life, etc., insurance for my whole family (90%/10%) for only $250 a month.  The hospital paid the other half of the premium.  Unfortunately our nice little community hospital got bought out by a nationwide hospital corporation which had a preexisting contract with a national transcription company.  At first I was just like, well, here we go, I guess I'l ...

Company Question Regarding Family Members.
Mar 23, 2012

Does anyone have family members in the same household working for the same company?  Is this allowed?   Thanks ...