A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

BIG BROTHER - tired

Posted: Jul 23, 2013

And how about this?  My work computer has MTSTARS blocked!  If you click on a link iin Google to take you to a conversation at MTSTARS, the link is broken. If you try to go to the MTSTARS home page, it takes you directly to.............................NUANCE Home page!   Bwa-ha-ha!   Crazy~

You have a computer from Nuance? - No message

[ In Reply To ..]
No message

Computer - tired

[ In Reply To ..]
People who work on Enterprise platform get computers from the company.

Nuance computers - frustrated MT2

[ In Reply To ..]
I work on the Enterprise platform and I have my own computer....hmmmm makes you wonder.
I think - NuAnon
[ In Reply To ..]
it depends on when you were hired on. I have a company computer. I work on Enterprise. I was hired on by Webmedx about 5+ years ago. That may be the difference.
Hmmmm - frustrated MT2
[ In Reply To ..]
I was hired in 2011 and use my own equipment, down to the foot pedal. Seems kind of weird to me is all I'm saying.

Don't know if this is - True or not

[ In Reply To ..]
But I wouldn't blame them if they did block this site based on the amount of "garbage" on THIS board (Nuance board)

Garbage? I would call most of them facts. - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
QC/QA is punitive and constant FIESA smack downs are demoralizing.

OOW on a fairly regular basis.

Hostile and/or unresponsive TSMs.

Those are all facts about Nuance and just the tip of the iceberg.

Add in some other problems - outtahere

[ In Reply To ..]
OOW and then ooooh, we really need your help on this account, we are out of TAT. How about having your work QA'd in India? How about having the QA scores set so that you can almost guarantee being done out of bonuses which look great but are nearly impossible to achieve? Problems with that Nuance? Think it's garbage?

My experience - tired

[ In Reply To ..]
with Nuance is almost the same. The QA/FIESA crap is demoralizing and a deliberate scheme to take away bonus from those who have always earned it. I will have to say there is oober work, though. I'm rarely out of work. I'm sure it depends on your account. I do also have to say that I have a wonderful STM, and I have always had wonderful STMs there except for one time, and she wasn't there long. My STM is what keeps my head above water at Nuance and one of the main reasons I stay.

In regard to the computer, I came from Webmedx also. That's why I have a company computer.

I think there are so many inconsistencies in what goes on there because there are many, many companies that have all been lumped into the big melting pot and many, many different teams with different STMs. They are working on aligning things, but it won't happen overnight.
Totally agree with you. All of the buyouts - are a BIG part of N problems
[ In Reply To ..]
It happened at the big Q 5 years ago and it's happening here too.

I recently heard that MModal has it's stuff together now in reference to the rules and ways of doing things and Nuance is just now learning. Thus, the reason for all of the questions, the squirming, the in's and the out's. Too many people want to make too much money off of our backs and they just haven't quite figured out the exact way to go about doing that.

How did we (as MTs) EVER get here? A middle man pushes our highly qualified services to the very same people we USED to work for?? And the money all goes to the middle man. How on earth did we GET HERE????
Easy, we aren't a cohesive group, just millions - of seperated little worker bees
[ In Reply To ..]
spread across the country. We don't have any sort of organization to fight for us.

We didn't stand up to them, unionize, and call - their bluff back when we had a chance.
[ In Reply To ..]

I'm the one who asked if you had a computer - from Nuance

[ In Reply To ..]
Didn't mean to cause I flurry of crap over it. I was just asking because (1) I didn't know that some people were issued computers (even a long time ago) and (2) I was just gonna tell ya that I would have NEVER accepted a computer from my employer unless it was a forced situation! LOL.. What a hoot that a web site intimidates them THAT much.

Just get a cheap little laptop, keep it next to - your work PC, and they cant stop you.

[ In Reply To ..]
Surf away with one hand, tap the keyboard on the work computer a few times occasionally with the other, and they'll think you're doggedly slaving away for them for their crummy pay.

LOL !! That's exactly what I do when I'm taking a break and don't clock out !! nm - loveit

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

For bathroom breaks, you can be low-tech, and - put a brick on your foot pedal. ;D

[ In Reply To ..]
hee

An experiment... - you might try this

[ In Reply To ..]
Google search on proxy servers and pick one. (There's one with a name something like "hidemya$$ dot com.") Go to one of these sites and plug in the URL for MT Stars, and see if you can get here that way. I'd be interested to know if it works for you.

Similar Messages:

Transcend-Big Brother
Sep 01, 2010

Transcend is getting worse at least in my area.  They seem to try to cut costs on our payment but hire more TL and assistants so we can be watched every minute.   Every little thing is cause for a possible written reprimand and if you are off for a bit they are on you like glue.  ...

Big Brother Watching.
Jun 20, 2012

Been here for long time.  Maybe they are trying to get rid of me.  Don't know why.  Continuously checking my work would be one reason to think so, but why after all these years is my question.  Maybe feel the urge to pick on me, pettiness??  Hopefully I will be long gone soon and will be just dust in the wind :) ...

Oh Brother! My Whole Family Is Mad At Me For Working Tonight.
Dec 24, 2009

My husband has had it with this company and slave job and making half the pay.  He wants to go to church tonight and wants us to have time with family and play games and watch movies tonight, BUT I HAVE TO WORK TONIGHT AND TOMORROW MORNING!  Back to back.  Frankly, IT SUCKS BIG TIME!  Doctors and nurses have fun.  They get to talk to people when they work on holidays and give gifts to each other and listen to Christmas music and socialize while working.  Me?  I ...

Oh Brother! A Corporate Email About Spheris
Apr 09, 2010

MQ has taken our merit increases, pay raises that we all should get every year (mine was 10 years ago), our bonuses, and our pay cut in half to be able to buy Spheris so the bigwigs can have more money in their pockets.  Oh brother.  Makes me sick and here I am sitting here out of work. ...

Oh, BROTHER! AHDI's Email About ACE 2013
Apr 05, 2013

AHDI is encouraging me to seek financial support from my employer so I can go to the annual convention this year.  Is this email a joke?  I can't even make a living wage from my employer so I can eat and pay the bills.  What's wrong with these people??? ...

LOOK OUT, I THINK BIG BROTHER NUANCE DOESNT LIKE SQUEAKY WHEELS
Dec 24, 2013

I'm sitting here working on Christmas eve.... work steadily flowing. All of my supervisors are off. Not happy, because I dont know if ANYONE else is working on my account? Had some really crappy dictators that I know I will be dinged on. This last doc talks like she has a mouth full of cotton. Anyway.... just got a FIESA report, a 3 point error for missing a patient's age, it was 57, not 67. Okay, yes, I missed it, shame on incompetent me... I admit I made a mistake BUT..... t ...

Russ Blaylock, M.D.: How Modern Medicine Killed My Brother
May 15, 2011

This is very powerful.  It paints the picture of what medicine has become.  There are so many sentences worthy of highlighting that I decided not to because the entire page would have been yellow.  Well worth the read.... (Dr. Blaylock has been a practicing neurosurgeon for 26 years.) By Russell L. Blaylock, M.D.Earlier this month, I traveled to Monroe, La., to bury my dear older brother, Charles. Charles was not only a wonderful brother, but he was a man with a heart of gold wh ...