A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

LOOK OUT, I THINK BIG BROTHER NUANCE DOESNT LIKE SQUEAKY WHEELS - 7th child

Posted: Dec 24, 2013

I'm sitting here working on Christmas eve.... work steadily flowing. All of my supervisors are off. Not happy, because I dont know if ANYONE else is working on my account? Had some really crappy dictators that I know I will be dinged on. This last doc talks like she has a mouth full of cotton. Anyway.... just got a FIESA report, a 3 point error for missing a patient's age, it was 57, not 67. Okay, yes, I missed it, shame on incompetent me... I admit I made a mistake BUT..... this report was from the first week of December. Are we looking over stuff again? I don't care if they hate me, fire me for complaining. Fact is, I used to care. I used to be the first one to volunteer to work longer, help out, especially when they were short handed. The hospital I worked on, I pretty much solely did the entire workmen's comp stuff unless I took a day off. Where did this dedication get me? I'm making about 6 bucks an hour and I'm working Christmas eve while my family is walking around watching movies and enjoying the holiday. Do they think they can bring me down lower than stripping my pay and humiliating me?

I've often wondered... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
...if they go back and back and back until they find or create enough errors to keep us from the quarterly bonus. Can they go back once we reach 12/31?

Was it a post-audit? - CuriousMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Was this as post-audit review? They do go back because they try to get so many from each week or something (I don't know this for sure, but it seems like that's the case).

I totally get you on no supervisors available. And of course I'm out in my primary, working on my secondary that I haven't worked on in at least 4 months and don't remember a thing. Oh well. Can't do anything about it but complain in here.

Back to the grind!

Just 1 question, I'm brand new with N. but SM - Penny

[ In Reply To ..]
What is a POST-AUDIT (as opposed to just QC/QA or audit?) Thanks.

post audits are ones that matter - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
When you get an email that says you have a major error it will state post audit or QC1 review, also when you check your FIESA it will state on the right side what kind it is also. Post audits are what is counted against you towards your bonus and your accuracy. The QC1 errors are more or less just for your information and are not held against you.

Wanna hear a good one regarding patient ages....sm - LoveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was marked off for transcribing the patient's ACTUAL correct age after checking the ADT information when the physician dictated it wrong. Dictator said "47" and the patient was actually "46", but I got marked off because I didn't transcribe exactly what the physician said, even though it was wrong....

This happened a while back. Anyway, I sent it in for correction reversal and of course was denied because the patient was like a week or two away from their birthday and would've been 47 years old "in a matter of just days", according to the note attached to my correction reversal. Therefore, I should have transcribed what the physician dictated instead of double checking the age and actually making it correct.

At that point, what else is there to say but "wow, really??"

What matters is age and DOS, not "a matter of days" - that was BS nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

They get away with marking us down to suit thelselves. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM
OOPS - themselves
[ In Reply To ..]
No soup for me!

Total BS, I agree, but still couldn't get it reversed. Sucks to be me these days, lol....NM - LoveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
no message

It is not random - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I know, you don't want to hear this because it really hurts, but they do not do random audits. They have very specific reasons behind what they do. Although they don't convey these reasons to everyone, I happened to have a great supervisor who confirmed that I was indeed being "specifically edited." I won't divulge the reason here, too long of an explanation. Suffice it to say, it was very, very obvious to me, as it was the same dictator, one after another, over a period of a couple of days. I called her and she explained to me why it happened. They can and they do order audit whatever they please. As I had little respect for this company prior to this incident, I went on the heavy search for a different job and found one. This place is just unscrupulous and they enjoy toying with people, if you ask me. Good luck.

That's completely true, I had the same thing happen - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I got audited on the same bad dictator over and over on an account that I wasn't the primary on. During a conversation with my PM about it I pointed it out and she said the facility wanted the dictator audited. They wouldn't make him 100% QA so he wouldn't count agaist us, though. But she also told me I think during that same conversation that she had put her highest producing/100% QA scoring MLS on that account to "show them how bad it was" when that MLS dropped in productivity and their QA scores went down.

Similar Messages:

Long Earphone Wire Getting Caught In Chair Wheels.
Sep 01, 2010

Does this aggravate anyone else?   I tried gathering the slack and tieing it but then the shorter line is aggravating, too.    Just wanted to vent.      ...

Why Doesnt Anyone Hire Newgrads?
Jan 28, 2010

I graduated from MTEC 4 months ago with a 99% GPA and found a job as an IC in November.  I was told I would have to do 60 minutes as a minimum a day and have not received over 60 minutes but maybe 3 times in 3 months.  Today I got 1 SINGLE DICTATION 2.3 minutes long!!!  I am now looking for a new job.  Hospitals in my area either do not have positions or are not hiring as I cannot find any transcription work in the area, and I can't seem to find anyone who will hire me w ...

Help!! Squeaky Foot Pedal
Dec 21, 2011

My foot pedal has started squeaking whenever I push down/let up on it.  It's driving me batty...sounds like a mouse underfoot!!  I looked and I can't see where I could hit it with WD-40...  Anyone have any idea how to fix this??? ...

Anyone Know How To Oil A Squeaky Foot Pedal
Sep 19, 2013

It's driving me nuts. When I let up, it squeaks. I only have the one pedal, so I don't want to ruin it. ...

Companies That Use Escription. On The Platform, My Autocorrect Doesnt
May 26, 2014

it will work, and then the next time I try to use the same correction, it will not work. Am I doing something wrong? Is it the platform? Any suggestions? ...

BIG BROTHER
Jul 23, 2013

And how about this?  My work computer has MTSTARS blocked!  If you click on a link iin Google to take you to a conversation at MTSTARS, the link is broken. If you try to go to the MTSTARS home page, it takes you directly to.............................NUANCE Home page!   Bwa-ha-ha!   Crazy~ ...

Transcend-Big Brother
Sep 01, 2010

Transcend is getting worse at least in my area.  They seem to try to cut costs on our payment but hire more TL and assistants so we can be watched every minute.   Every little thing is cause for a possible written reprimand and if you are off for a bit they are on you like glue.  ...

Big Brother Watching.
Jun 20, 2012

Been here for long time.  Maybe they are trying to get rid of me.  Don't know why.  Continuously checking my work would be one reason to think so, but why after all these years is my question.  Maybe feel the urge to pick on me, pettiness??  Hopefully I will be long gone soon and will be just dust in the wind :) ...

Oh Brother! My Whole Family Is Mad At Me For Working Tonight.
Dec 24, 2009

My husband has had it with this company and slave job and making half the pay.  He wants to go to church tonight and wants us to have time with family and play games and watch movies tonight, BUT I HAVE TO WORK TONIGHT AND TOMORROW MORNING!  Back to back.  Frankly, IT SUCKS BIG TIME!  Doctors and nurses have fun.  They get to talk to people when they work on holidays and give gifts to each other and listen to Christmas music and socialize while working.  Me?  I ...

Oh Brother! A Corporate Email About Spheris
Apr 09, 2010

MQ has taken our merit increases, pay raises that we all should get every year (mine was 10 years ago), our bonuses, and our pay cut in half to be able to buy Spheris so the bigwigs can have more money in their pockets.  Oh brother.  Makes me sick and here I am sitting here out of work. ...

Oh, BROTHER! AHDI's Email About ACE 2013
Apr 05, 2013

AHDI is encouraging me to seek financial support from my employer so I can go to the annual convention this year.  Is this email a joke?  I can't even make a living wage from my employer so I can eat and pay the bills.  What's wrong with these people??? ...

Russ Blaylock, M.D.: How Modern Medicine Killed My Brother
May 15, 2011

This is very powerful.  It paints the picture of what medicine has become.  There are so many sentences worthy of highlighting that I decided not to because the entire page would have been yellow.  Well worth the read.... (Dr. Blaylock has been a practicing neurosurgeon for 26 years.) By Russell L. Blaylock, M.D.Earlier this month, I traveled to Monroe, La., to bury my dear older brother, Charles. Charles was not only a wonderful brother, but he was a man with a heart of gold wh ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

"Consider Returning To Nuance" - Just Received Email From Nuance
Jun 27, 2014

Wow. Posted this on company board but wanted to post here as well - some of you may feel vindicated. LPn ...

Nuance OSI
Apr 14, 2011

Any thoughts on this merger???? ...

Web/Nuance Ad
Sep 15, 2011

Does anyone know why the ad says "No inquiries from overseas" when they obviously offshore the work?  Anyone reading that would incorrectly assume they do not offshore.  I was reading an article in the newspaper that a journalist was talking about a few days ago regarding the hospital outsourcing to the Web/Nuance, and the spokesperson for the hospital said in the article that the company only employs US MTs.  ...

Nuance -?
Oct 08, 2011

xx ...

Nuance PTO ?
Oct 23, 2011

The ad Nuance has up says increased PTO.  Anyone willing to tell me what it is now. Also information on their bonus program would be helpful.  Thank you. ...

WMX/NUANCE Here It Is......
Nov 04, 2011

....First send us an email with fabulous Nuance ins (bad news) because they had to announce that due to open season. However at the same time telling us that the new pay structure (probably more bad news) will be announced at a later date but will be effective Jan 1 2012. Good way to keep us hanging on while they are so behind with their horrid platform. Guess what Nuance/Nuisance, it will not work as your reputation has gone from bad to worse and we are now realizing that the We ...

NUANCE/WMX
Nov 18, 2011

What do Nuance MT's get for editing and transcribing per line.   Thanks ...

WMX/Nuance Changes
Dec 06, 2011

If Webmedx does away with or changes their recently advertised "PRODUCTION BASED INCENTIVE" bonus and adopts the Nuance quality based bonus then this change may be considered by quite a few WMX employees as yet another cut in pay. I’m sure that there are quite a few MT’s currently at WMX that have a high QA average and are earning $300-$400 (some even more) in production incentive pay each pay period, which equates to $600-$800 per month. As an example, acco ...

QA Nuance
Dec 28, 2011

Did anyone hear anything about changes for QA.  I heard there was a webinar today? ...

Nuance W2s?
Jan 20, 2012

Has Nuance/Alphastaff released W2s yet?  Quit mid-December, have no idea.  Thanks! ...

For Nuance QA.. Sm
Mar 09, 2012

Is there a specific QA staff?  I was under the impression that the team managers did most of the QA.  Is that correct?  Or how is the QA done?  Someone said below that QA is paid hourly; I was under the impression it was cpl.  Any info on QA structure for Nuance would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Does Nuance Have IC's
Mar 09, 2012

Does anyone know if Nuance hires IC's?  I could not find it anywhere.  It could be a solution for me if they do.  Thanx in advance. ...

Nuance Job
Mar 12, 2012

I have an interview this week with Nuance. Any advice on what to expect? I'm interviewing for an MT job and have been reading some posts on here about the company and it's not looking good. ...

Wmx/Nuance
Mar 12, 2012

Had our usual update this morning from my AM, one of the best IMO and the reason many of us stayed after Nuance took over. Then at 1:30 an e-mail that he is no longer with the company??? What is going on???  (DO) ...

Nuance Help!
Mar 13, 2012

Can anyone help me with instructions on how to create a new entry in the carbon copy? I am getting lots of dictations where I can't find that particular physician in the CC list and need to create a new one. I am new and need help. Thanks in advance! ...