A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Russ Blaylock, M.D.: How Modern Medicine Killed My Brother - MT

Posted: May 15, 2011

This is very powerful.  It paints the picture of what medicine has become.  There are so many sentences worthy of highlighting that I decided not to because the entire page would have been yellow.  Well worth the read....

(Dr. Blaylock has been a practicing neurosurgeon for 26 years.)

By Russell L. Blaylock, M.D.

Earlier this month, I traveled to Monroe, La., to bury my dear older brother, Charles. Charles was not only a wonderful brother, but he was a man with a heart of gold who always put the needs of others and his family before his own. Charles, unfortunately, began smoking when he was in law school, something I warned him about repeatedly.

Approximately four months ago, I noticed that he was getting hoarse. He brushed it off and continued his hectic schedule. When I again visited him a month later, he was still having the hoarseness. I advised him to see someone about it. He took my advice and saw a local physician group. The doctor was actually too busy to see him and had his nurse see him.

Before he went to the doctor, I told him it was critical that he have the doctor examine his vocal cords. The nurse looked in his throat, but wasn't trained to examine his vocal cords.
Two more weeks passed during which his doctors assured him that it was nothing more than bronchitis. They treated him with steroids and antibiotics, but no one examined his vocal cords.

Misdiagnosis After Misdiagnosis

I pleaded with him to see an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor, but he trusted his doctor. For the next two and a half months, he was treated with steroids and antibiotics. Finally, he developed pneumonia and was admitted to the hospital, what was supposed to be one of the best hospitals in the area.

At the time, I was on vacation in North Carolina. He told me the doctors told him he had a bruit in his carotid artery, a sign of atherosclerosis, and that they wanted to do an arteriogram. I advised him against it, suspecting he, in fact, had a cancer and attempting an arteriogram on someone with such poor pulmonary function would be disastrous. The arteriogram was cancelled. Still, no one had examined his vocal cords.

When I arrived, I called a friend of mine I had gone to medical school with, and asked him to see Charles. Prior to this, I asked the doctor in charge of his respiratory care to add vitamins and magnesium to his IV. While he promised he would, he didn't. Every attempt to get Charles' laboratory studies was met with obstruction based on the Patient Privacy Act. He soon signed the necessary forms and finally I was able to see this closely guarded data.

When I asked his doctor why the magnesium had not been added to his IV, word was sent back to me through the nurse that she had never heard of using magnesium. I sent copies of selected articles showing the immense value of magnesium on pulmonary and cardiovascular function. Still there was no response from the doctor. Not once did this doctor call me, or answer my pages.

Finally, The Diagnosis is Made

My ENT friend did a very good workup and discovered Charles had a large cancer in his left lower lung that was impinging on the nerve to his vocal cord, causing one cord to be completely paralyzed. At that point, a pulmonary physician did a bronchial biopsy and diagnosed a poorly differentiated lung cancer, with no evidence of spread. Once the diagnosis was made, an oncologist was naturally called, who wanted to start a complete course of chemotherapy drugs.

I advised my brother against it, knowing the cancer would not respond and the toxic drugs would dramatically increase his breathing difficulties, hastening his death. He took my advice. Then, a radiation oncologist suggested radiating the tumor to shrink it. I wasn't supportive of this treatment, but my brother wanted something done.

Soon afterward, he started five and a half weeks of radiation treatment. At that point, I started him on a nutrition program and he began to feel better, his breathing improved and he was able to go back to work.

However, the oncologist told Charles he was losing too much weight and he needed to eat more bread, pasta and even sweets to gain weight. Charles, at the time of his diagnosis, was grossly overweight and needed to lose the weight. I told him that losing the weight would make it easier for him to breathe.

I had given him a copy of my book on the nutritional treatment of cancer and told him it was critical he follow the advice exactly. Unfortunately, Charles decided he didn't like the taste of the blenderized vegetables and would do what the oncologist suggested. He began to eat ice cream, cookies and other items that cancer patients should never eat. Once he finished the radiation treatments, he developed fever, severe shortness of breath and had to be admitted to the hospital.

The "Evidence Based" Physicians Take Over

Sadly, he chose a hospital that was even more rigid in its control of the patient than his previous hospital. It was a local hospital affiliated with the Louisiana State University Medical Center. Charles was admitted to the intensive care unit, where he had to be intubated and placed on a respirator.

Again, I was out of town, in fact, giving a talk at the Weston Price Conference in Washington, D.C., on nutrition. As before, I could not pry any information about my brother concerning his laboratory test, chest x-rays or the reason he was deteriorating so rapidly. His doctor refused to call me, despite numerous attempts by my sister and me to have her call.

In all my 26 years of neurosurgical practice, I have never seen a situation where a doctor treating a gravely ill patient would not discuss the case with a family member who is a physician. It was as if my brother belonged to the hospital and his physician and the family was to be kept in the dark.

Finally, I was able to speak to one of the consulting doctors, who told me my brother had a very low hemoglobin count. I asked him if he was giving him blood.
After a long pause, he answered, "No." I responded, " Well, with him unable to breathe, don't you think it would be a good idea to increase his oxygen-carrying capacity by giving him blood?" He mumbled in agreement. I told him that I wanted my sister and her son to give the blood and that they were in the process of doing that as we spoke. He agreed. Yet, before my sister could have the blood transferred to Charles, the doctors had already given him blood from unknown donors.

I rushed to my brother's side and found him awake, on a respirator and very frightened. He was receiving no magnesium in his IV and was getting a tube feeding-formula that contains significant doses of glutamate, something known to cause pulmonary deterioration. Again, his doctor never heard of that.

An Incredible Admission

At that point, Charles was lapsing into a coma. Still his doctor had not contacted me or communicated with me in any way. Disgusted, I told the nurse to have her come to the room and I didn't want any excuses. I asked to speak to her in private. She insisted a nurse remain with her. I told her of my absolute amazement that a treating physician would not speak to the family, especially when one of the family members was a doctor. She denied she had ever gotten a message, which was a bold-faced lie.

I then told her that I wanted my brother to have certain supplements that had been shown in careful medical studies to improve lung function. She had never heard of them, but agreed to give them if her superior, the Chief of Medicine, agreed. Therefore, I gave her a stack of medical abstracts and told her to let me know if there was a problem.

Within five minutes, she returned and stated that he would not agree to it and responded that the Chief of Medicine told her that he would not agree to change the treatment based on abstracts. I told her I wanted to talk with him that minute.

He arrived, looking very arrogant and self-important. I decided that I would try to calmly discuss with him my brother's case and why he needed the supplements. Again, I asked for a private meeting. He wanted Charles' doctor to be present.
I explained to him what I was asking for was backed up by peered-reviewed studies and that none of the supplements had ever shown any harmful side effects in any dose. In a very arrogant tone, totally unsympathetic to my concern for my brother, he stated that he only read and trusted four journals:

• Lancet
  • New England Journal of Medicine
  • Annals of Internal Medicine
  • Journal of the American Medical Association

Shocked that anyone would admit to being so intellectually limited, I told him there were thousands of peer-reviewed medical journals, most of which were reputable. He responded that he didn't have time to read or look up additional material.

What an admission!

I reminded him I practiced neurosurgery for 26 years and was a hell of a lot busier than he had ever been. I also told him I had managed to write three books and 30 articles for peer-reviewed journals in addition to three chapters for medical textbooks. He had no comment.

I told him I found it inconceivable that a physician holding the position of Chief of Staff in a teaching hospital would:

1. Admit they read only four journals
  2. Didn't have time to research material that would improve a patient's care
  3. Would be so obstinate and filled with so much self-importance they would allow a patient to die rather than try something that had strong clinical evidence of benefit without any complications

The doctor still refused to change his mind.

I pointed out to him, for 20 years there was a mountain of evidence that magnesium offered tremendous protection to the heart and brain, but because of people like him, it was only recently that magnesium has been added to the "protocol" for heart patients. I, then, reminded both of them that tens of thousands of patients died during that 20-year period because of their unwillingness to use a harmless mineral like magnesium. Then I said, " Is my brother to die because of your narrowmindedness and arrogance"?

I pointedly asked him if he could see the logic, the reasoning behind what I was asking. He responded that he did up until to the point about all the people that must die because of waiting for the elite of medicine to make up their mind. I turned to the female physician and asked her the same question. She said she agreed with the logic but trusted her chief.

Blind Leading the Blind

I asked the Chief of Medicine if he would want the same treatment for his brother. He thought a minute and then said, "Yes." He again, appealed to the fact that he didn't have time to research all these things. I reminded him that his job was to do whatever was necessary to provide his patients with the best medical care, based on the latest medical evidence available no matter how much time he had to sacrifice. He could not fall back on time constraints or the fact that he trusted only four journals.

The Chief of Medicine left, a lot less openly arrogant and self-assured. He was not able to give a single argument to support his intellectually bankrupt concept of medicine.

It reminded me of the title of a book I had recently purchased: Intellectual Morons. He certainly fit the description. Before he left, I reminded him it was doctors like him who were the problem in modern medicine -- arrogant, condescending to patients and certain the medical care protocols established by the elitist academians were holy writ. Further, it was because of such an attitude that patients by the millions were leaving the medical care system, and seeking answers from so-called alternative medicine.

Patients were fed up with having drugs and treatments shoved down their throats that only led to more misery and rarely helped their disease.

The Danger of Regimentation

The practice of medicine has changed drastically in the world, especially in this country. When I first entered the world of medicine, doctors were able to practice independently, always maintaining a close relationship between themselves, the patient and the patient's family. Creative, caring doctors could alter their care to match new developments in medicine and nutrition to the greatest benefit of their patients. Third parties such as insurance companies, government and medical elite were held at bay.

Yet, the new thinking is that the practicing physician, and especially the patient, is unable to make these decisions. Instead, they are to follow a system of regimented medicine that assigns treatment protocols the physician is to blindly follow.

Elite boards appointed by medical associations, such as the American Medical Association, American Academy of Family Practice and others, design these treatment protocols and hand them down to the "ignorant automatons" making up the vast majority of treating physicians. They are to follow these regimented treatments without question and to the letter.

The new breed of doctor, like my brother's doctors, fits this new pattern well. They are convinced this "cookbook" medicine is superior and their elite journals and medical associations know best. Like members of the society Aldous Huxley described in A Brave New World, they are mere cogs in the wheel of the state's machinery. They do not question the authorities or the wisdom of their decrees. They do what they are told. They are unable to think for themselves.

In fact, I asked Charles' doctor, "Can you not think for yourself?" She looked at me sheepishly and said, "I just trust the Chief of Medicine."

I also reminded the arrogant Chief of Medicine these elite decision-making bodies have been racked with scandals that involved financial connections to pharmaceutical companies and other medical product manufacturers. In addition, similar scandals occurred among the editorial staff of one of his favorite journals, the New England Journal of Medicine.

This collectivist regimentation of medicine will only get worse. Families are now excluded from medical care decisions, doctors do not talk to families, the entire hospital experience is shrouded in secrecy and patients have no say in their care. While more innovative doctors can alter the protocols or even reject them, soon they will not have that option. To deviate from the collectivist plan is to invite the wrath of the legal system.

Fear of Financial Ruin

Litigation pushes many physicians into following elitist protocols out of fear of financial ruin. In fact, these protocols have become the "standard of care" used by the legal system. Unfortunately, doctors, like those who killed my brother, are being turned out of medical schools all over the country like robots. They repeat the mantra of collectivism as if they thought of it themselves. To this new breed of doctors, individualism and independent thought is to be discouraged and reviled. Dependence on elite leaders will be automatic.

As an example, I recently spoke to a large group concerning the harmful effects of glutamate, explaining it is now known that glutamate, as added to foods, significantly accelerates the growth and spread of cancers. I asked the crowd when was the last time an oncologist told his or her patient to avoid MSG or foods high in glutamate. The answer, I said, was never.

After the talk, a crowd gathered to ask more questions. Suddenly, I was interrupted by a young woman who identified herself as a radiation oncologist. She angrily stated, "I really took offense to your comment about oncologists not telling their patients about glutamate."

I turned to her and asked, "Well, do you tell your patients to avoid glutamate?" She looked puzzled and said, "No one told us to." I asked her who this person or persons were whose job it was to provide her with this information. I, then, reminded her that I obtained this information from her oncology journals. Did she not read her own journals?
Yet, this is the attitude of the modern doctor. An elitist group is in charge of disseminating all the information physicians are to know. If they do not tell them, then, in their way of thinking, the information was of no value. Of course, 10 or 20 years from now, it may be the new standard and on all the protocols.

How many cancer patients will have died during the long wait for the elitists to conclude the information was important? A million? Five million? Do they even care?

In my conversation with the two physicians responsible for my brother's "care," they obviously didn't care.

It is too late for my brother. But, maybe, just maybe, if enough people decide they do not care to leave their fate and that of their loved ones in the hands of these arrogant regimented physicians, something will change.

Except - mollymt

[ In Reply To ..]
1. No where in this article does the dear doctor/author put ANY responsibility for his lifestyle choices, medical choices, etc on his brother.

2. He continually touts his OWN self-importance while ridiculing that of established medicine.

3. I agree with the points that we now have healthcare givers who simply do not LISTEN to a patient. That, along with the standard "protocols" has made western medicine more of a money mill than a healthcare field.

#1 is invalid - Reader

[ In Reply To ..]
Au contraire. Reread the first chunk of that piece. Dr. B. squarely places the blame on his brother's smoking for getting himself into that mess. Which, by the way, has ZERO to do with his misdiagnosis and horribly mismanaged treatment.

I'm not buying this story - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
A lot of accusations are being made, and if any of them are legitimate, there is a system in place for complaints, investigation, and disciplinary action if needed. Our government does pretty well in this regard.

There are usually two sides to every story and I think what we have here is a lot of drama, but very few verifiable facts. The story isn't credible.

Just googled his name. Apparently he's outside mainstream - medicine, which of course can mean he knows

[ In Reply To ..]
something others should, but here's a brief line from Wikipedia. Not the definitive source, of course, but the rest of the first page of hits was filled with Dr. Blaylock's own entries , and I didn't feel like looking further.

Please note, BTW, that anyone can arrange for the first several pages of a search to be filled with self-promoting hits. You pay Google to put them on top and you pay some outfit to put a bunch on from various web addresses.

"Blaylock has endorsed views inconsistent with the scientific consensus, including that food additives such as aspartame and monosodium glutamate (MSG) are excitotoxic in normal doses and that the H1N1 influenza (swine flu) vaccine carries more risk than swine flu itself."

I don't think he'll be a source of information for me - Thanks for looking him up!

[ In Reply To ..]
You just have to be so careful these days not to believe everything you read. Sometimes things just don't smell right, and in this case, it didn't.
Flat earther? - Reader
[ In Reply To ..]
So, the earth is flat because the majority say it is, right?

He's apparently one of the 'extremist' crowd - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

LOL! - Reader

[ In Reply To ..]
So, he has nothing better to do than make this story up! About his own brother...

Careful, your allegiance to the system is showing.

The first thing that didn't smell right was - see inside

[ In Reply To ..]
He kept whining about how nobody would examine his brother's vocal cords! Well, this guy is supposed to be a doctor. If he had been so sure it was that important, he would have just done it. That whole story sounds ridiculous. It sounds like a person with a political agenda who made up a story to support it. I doubt that many people will fall for it. Common sense tells you it's fake.

He was OUT OF STATE - WhyDontPeopleREAD

[ In Reply To ..]
Dr. Blaylocks's brother was a practicing attorney in La. Dr. B. is a practicing neurosurgeon in another state, which is why he mentioned VISITING his brother. Why is that so difficult to figure out?

EXCERPT:

When I again visited him a month later, he was still having the hoarseness. I advised him to see someone about it. He took my advice and saw a local physician group. The doctor was actually too busy to see him and had his nurse see him.

Before he went to the doctor, I told him it was critical that he have the doctor examine his vocal cords. The nurse looked in his throat, but wasn't trained to examine his vocal cords.

Two more weeks passed during which his doctors assured him that it was nothing more than bronchitis. They treated him with steroids and antibiotics, but no one examined his vocal cords.

Misdiagnosis After Misdiagnosis
I pleaded with him to see an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor, but he trusted his doctor. For the next two and a half months, he was treated with steroids and antibiotics. Finally, he developed pneumonia and was admitted to the hospital, what was supposed to be one of the best hospitals in the area.

At the time, I was on vacation in North Carolina.

A neurosurgeon works on brains not vocal cords. It takes the right equipment. - RoadRunnerMT

[ In Reply To ..]
@

Dr. Blaylock - Mollie

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually, I have worked with Dr. Blaylock. He is a very good neurosurgeon and I would trust his
recommendations. It is good that someone is calling attention to the problems in medicine.

Wow - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, Mollie! How fortunate you are to have worked with him. I have heard Dr. B. speak, and he's very impressive.

Thanks for your comment. :)

I would put the blame on the brother - Mollie

[ In Reply To ..]
who was so unconcerned about his own health. The brother had an established alli within the medical field which he didn't effectively use. Also, I suspect the patient's doctors didn't want some
"arrogant neurosurgeon" telling them how to treat their patient. Just an observation but I was Medical Staff Coordinator at a hospital where Dr. Blaylock was on staff and he is a very gifted neurosurgeon.

Brother was responsible for smoking - Reader

[ In Reply To ..]
The brother was responsible for his smoking, which Dr. Blaylock acknowledged. However, the brother was NOT responsible for the misdiagnosis and the Medical Chief of Staff's narrowmindedness! Also there were LIES told (about mag in the IV, etc.) to this physician family member. Was that the brother's fault too??!!

Read again reader - read too

[ In Reply To ..]
Read how many times his brother was given advice and refused it. How many times his brother made choices that were detrimental.

A misdiagnosis sucks but the slant here isn't that a misdiagnosis sucks. It's LOOK AT ME! I KNOW BETTER THAN ALL OF THEM!

Sorry, I'm very into alternative medicine and alternative thinking, but not when it's from a trumpet blower who is more about himself it seems, than his brother's death.
I agree with you and to me it's not even just that - Rose
[ In Reply To ..]
There are all kinds of problems in our health care system. No doubt about it. This story, however, is not just that he knows more than everyone else, it's the old 'they are out to get us' rhetoric. I'm just so tired of hearing that. It's a story written by someone with an agenda. There may actually be a brother, but it isn't really about him. It's about proving a point.

There are systems in place for legitimate complaints. That's the beauty of the country we live in. All doctors other than the one writing are not evil. All nurses are not incompetent. This isn't about that. It's about a person with an agenda that isn't obvious when reading this article, but becomes more obvious as you look a little further. Oh yes, and it's about the arrogance of knowing more than everyone else too.

Blame? - deb

[ In Reply To ..]

Dr. Blaylock's pain and frustration - kc

[ In Reply To ..]
I can sympathize with Dr. Blaylock's anguish over losing his brother, especially to what he feels are incompetent medical practices by stubborn, ignorant practitioners who wouldn't heed his recommendations. I lost a sister whose lifestyle habits ended her up in the hospital, cared for by inexperienced residents and otherwise uncaring staff. I personally think her death was the result of an HMO that made the decision she was too expensive for them to maintain, needing further rehab and now a heart valve replacement. I can even understand that, but what bothered me most was that my poor sister looked grotesque with anasarca, dirty hair, and left nearly naked with blankets thrown off most of the time, and I told the ICU staff I didn't want anyone but the family in to visit her, yet her coworkers were still allowed to freely stroll in and take a tour of the sight, probably to hash it all over the watercooler the next day. Other than a cheerful but naive resident who told me she would be fine, I never saw a doctor. I understand both sides of the problem, but it still hurts. Dr. Blaylock may never get over his personal torment.

I'm sorry - Reader

[ In Reply To ..]
KC, what a horrible experience. Nobody should have to go through that! I am so sorry for your loss.

I can feel the pain as well... - X

[ In Reply To ..]
My mother had been a former smoker for many years, and ended up with a host of illnesses which included: COPD, MAC (mycobacterium avium complex) Parkinson disease, etc. I was her caregiver for 10 years, but because I was NOT in the field of medicine, many nurses and a doctor disregarded my concerns, which I STILL think was out of arrogance. She was ultimately placed in ICU and given the diagnosis of congestive heart failure. Before being released from the hospital *straight to home with me*, she started complaining of pain on her right side. I lifted her gown, and there was a swollen, erythematous lump between her ribs. I brought it to the nurse's attention and it was waved off. I brought it to the physician's attention, and he did a plain chest x-ray only and stated that it was "probably a cracked rib due to coughing." He ordered pain patches to be put directly on the site, and she was sent home. I KNEW something was wrong, and no one would listen to me. Two weeks later, I woke up a little later than usual *around 9 a.m.* and noticed that mom wasn't up yet. I went to her room, knowing all the way down the hall that it was not going to be good*, and I found her lying on her floor...naked. She had messed herself and tried to change her clothes, but she ultimately collapsed. She was still conscious, and I was afraid to move her, so I immediately called my husband to get home and help me get her to her bed and called 911. She was tiny, but I didn't want to hurt her. I propped her up on some pillows, cleaned her up, and put her oxygen on. After my husband carried her to bed, she began to cough...but the sound wasn't coming from her mouth!! I took the "patch" off, and there was a hole in the side of her chest! Her lung had abscessed. She was flown to the nearest large hospital, where she later asked to be removed from the ventilator and died that day. There was not going to be an rehabilitation, and she didn't want to linger. Then, to add insult to anguish, the doctor had ordered the nurses to give her meds. every 15-20 minutes so that she would stay asleep and not have to be afraid. ONE nurse took it upon herself to deny the doctor's orders and actually said to my sisters and I, "It is NOT our job to help a patient die!" when we asked her why she wasn't carrying out the doctor's orders. My mother passed away an hour later. She was my rock, my world! So yes, I can feel the pain in his writing as well.

Thank you for sharing this - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Long story short, situations similar to this are quite common. It seems that many people either wear blinders when it comes to dealing with medical people, or simply don't know better or give up the fight due to severe exhaustion. I have witnessed and/or experienced similar episodes myself as an RN, patient, and family member of others. For that reason, I quit being an RN many years ago. My mistake that followed was that of continuing to work in the medical industry as an MT.

Thank you for sharing!

Thanks, MT - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for sharing that with us. I can't imagine being an R.N. and seeing that face to face; it's bad enough reading about it.

I agree with you that it's ASTONISHING how many in the medical field -- especially MTs -- REFUSE to acknowledge the flaws within the "system." Ironically, many physicians will readily admit it, but lower-level support staff refuse to.

Similar Messages:

Is That Right?! Oh The Miracles Of Modern Medicine! LOL
Jul 09, 2013

Adding insult to my job injury, yesterday my TM suggested a "voluntary" class on "critical thinking" that was really "mandatory." That just means they require me to do it, but they don't want to have to pay for my time to do it. That made me so angry.  You have no idea.  Critical thinking indeed. Grrrhhh. What do they think I use daily to unravel their VR messes like this?  My secret decoder ring?  Come on Batman get a clue.  LOL. VR: Per eye disease, patient' ...

How Technology Killed The Medical Transcription Field
Aug 22, 2012

I wrote this essay about the negative impact VR and outsourcing has had on this field. I thought you guys might appreciate it.   HOW TECHNOLOGY KILLED THE MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION FIELD Long before I began working as a medical transcriptionist in 1993, others had been making a good living in the field for many years. For those unaware, medical transcriptionists (sometimes referred to as medical language specialists) are responsible for producing patients' medical records. Listening th ...

Modern Day Scribe
May 07, 2013

Has anyone worked for this company? It has general and some oncology transcription. If so, what was your experience with them? Was it a good one? Thanks. ...

BIG BROTHER
Jul 23, 2013

And how about this?  My work computer has MTSTARS blocked!  If you click on a link iin Google to take you to a conversation at MTSTARS, the link is broken. If you try to go to the MTSTARS home page, it takes you directly to.............................NUANCE Home page!   Bwa-ha-ha!   Crazy~ ...

Transcend-Big Brother
Sep 01, 2010

Transcend is getting worse at least in my area.  They seem to try to cut costs on our payment but hire more TL and assistants so we can be watched every minute.   Every little thing is cause for a possible written reprimand and if you are off for a bit they are on you like glue.  ...

Big Brother Watching.
Jun 20, 2012

Been here for long time.  Maybe they are trying to get rid of me.  Don't know why.  Continuously checking my work would be one reason to think so, but why after all these years is my question.  Maybe feel the urge to pick on me, pettiness??  Hopefully I will be long gone soon and will be just dust in the wind :) ...

Oh Brother! My Whole Family Is Mad At Me For Working Tonight.
Dec 24, 2009

My husband has had it with this company and slave job and making half the pay.  He wants to go to church tonight and wants us to have time with family and play games and watch movies tonight, BUT I HAVE TO WORK TONIGHT AND TOMORROW MORNING!  Back to back.  Frankly, IT SUCKS BIG TIME!  Doctors and nurses have fun.  They get to talk to people when they work on holidays and give gifts to each other and listen to Christmas music and socialize while working.  Me?  I ...

Oh Brother! A Corporate Email About Spheris
Apr 09, 2010

MQ has taken our merit increases, pay raises that we all should get every year (mine was 10 years ago), our bonuses, and our pay cut in half to be able to buy Spheris so the bigwigs can have more money in their pockets.  Oh brother.  Makes me sick and here I am sitting here out of work. ...

Oh, BROTHER! AHDI's Email About ACE 2013
Apr 05, 2013

AHDI is encouraging me to seek financial support from my employer so I can go to the annual convention this year.  Is this email a joke?  I can't even make a living wage from my employer so I can eat and pay the bills.  What's wrong with these people??? ...

LOOK OUT, I THINK BIG BROTHER NUANCE DOESNT LIKE SQUEAKY WHEELS
Dec 24, 2013

I'm sitting here working on Christmas eve.... work steadily flowing. All of my supervisors are off. Not happy, because I dont know if ANYONE else is working on my account? Had some really crappy dictators that I know I will be dinged on. This last doc talks like she has a mouth full of cotton. Anyway.... just got a FIESA report, a 3 point error for missing a patient's age, it was 57, not 67. Okay, yes, I missed it, shame on incompetent me... I admit I made a mistake BUT..... t ...

Medicine Help?
Nov 12, 2009

Under discharge medicatons, the doctor dictates: s/l "pin needles kit b.i.d." I've no idea if this is right but it is pretty clear.  Help? ...

New Medicine?
Jul 15, 2011

S/L prazazine.  He is using it for decreasing nightmares. Thanks! ...

Medicine Name
Jan 19, 2012

Could somebody help me. I'm trying to understand the name of a cream used for tinea corporis and it sounds like N&T cream, but I can't find it on drugs.com. ...

New Cough Medicine
Oct 20, 2009

Can anyone help me out with a cough medicine. It sounds like Cortisol Plus. I am not sure of the spelling and have searched the net and can't seem to find it. Does anyone have any idea how this is spelled. Thanks in advance. ...

HIV Medicine S/l Encintrus
Nov 17, 2009

. ...

Medicine Question
Jan 19, 2010

Is the correct way to type.....DiaBeta five milligrams one every a.m.  OR DiaBeta 5 mg 1 q.a.m.  OR something completely different. Thanks! ...

Nuclear Medicine
Aug 31, 2010

The delayed images of the feet show some motion artifact and are count poor secondary to the patient's inability to  maintain stillness.   (Thanks in advance) ...

Hepatitis-B Medicine?
May 20, 2011

The doctor says "He is apparently on medications for s/l Riata hepatitis-B"   Any ideas.  I don't even know if this is a drug or what?  Thanks for any help! ...

Migraine Medicine
Feb 24, 2012

I am listening to this impossible doctor, it sounds like the is saying the patient takes Imitrex and Eskit(?) for migraines.  What is that second med?  Any suggestions? Thanks ...

DPTT In Medicine
May 25, 2015

The doctor is dictating... "I would recommend he continue on Bisoprolol both for hypertension control and to    decrease DPTT*     which can reduce the pace of aortic root dilatation" Not sure if it is DPTT or not?? ...

Medicine Help. Sounds Like Odensa.
Dec 30, 2009

Medicine for chronic pain.  Sounds like Odenza.  30 mg.  I've searched everywhere.  Thank you in advance for your help! ...

Internal Medicine Note Help
Sep 27, 2010

Dr is mumbliing again - sounds like poly-my-o-dermatica   or poly my o trumatica It is not  Polymyalgia rheumatica.  Just a mention in the report - no further info. Thanks! marel   ...

Rheumatoid Arthritis Medicine
Jun 20, 2011

Seropositive rheumatoid arthritis being treated with leflunomide and "evadafept".  Any suggestions?  TIA.  ...

Medicine For Stomach Coating
Jan 03, 2011

Has anyone heard of what s/l Vembico for naproxen use as a type of stomach protector when taking medication?     Thank you! ...

S/l Seldec PE DM Cough Medicine OTC
Jan 07, 2011

nm ...

Sports Medicine Surgery
Jan 28, 2011

Diagnoses: 1.  Right anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction utilizing hamstring autograph. 2.  Right medial collateral ligament repair with posterior ______ ligament capsulorrhaphy. S/l Bleak? ...

Antifungal Medicine - V-than, V-phan?
Jan 27, 2011

Sounds like "Vee-than" or maybe "Vee-Fan" antifungal medication.  Any ideas?   ...

Internal Medicine Consult
Apr 15, 2011

Concern for decreased (s/l Plavix) activity with proton pump inhibitors and will have to check a (s/l PTY 12) if she is to continue on proton pump inhibitors as an outpatient.   ...

Medicine Crohn Disease
Dec 19, 2012

Dicated: Medications:  Prilosec and metta (or imetta) for Crohn disease. Any help appreciated! ...

Capitalization - Internal Medicine Service?
Nov 16, 2009

Is the name of a service, i.e. internal medicine service, capitalized or not?  ...