A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MModal bought by JP Morgan Chase - MT 20+ years

Posted: Jul 03, 2012

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-07-02/mmodal-agrees-to-be-bought-by-jpmorgan-arm-for-1-dot-1-billion

and here we go again...

and in 18 months will be looking to sell it again - MT 20+ years

[ In Reply To ..]
and the merry go round never stops does it

Wha???? - "JP Morgan Chase" or "One Equity" (or are they the

[ In Reply To ..]
????

Any comments from your CCM - about this?

[ In Reply To ..]
My CCM never responds to any e-mails and rarely sends any out, so curious about other CCM reaction.

I see the sentence got cut off.. - (see message)

[ In Reply To ..]
This was supposed to read: "Or are they the same entity?"

I'm just confused by reports of two different companies acquiring M*Modal. I'm always afraid to click on outside links....maybe the link given in the first post on this thread explains it(?). I guess I can go google this.
One Equity is some sort of management company - for JP Morgan Chase is
[ In Reply To ..]
what I read. They are one in the same.

By then they'll also have Nuance wrapped up in the package too. - Nothing surprises me anymore.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I tried to make sense out of this new buyout, takeover, - merger, whatever.

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't know there was now MModal, Inc; MModal MQ, Inc; MModal CB, Inc; and MModal LLC or Ltd I forget which. So did they buy them all for 1.1 bil or just the MQ part? I am even more confused than before.

I read the article too and this was MY interpretation - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I interpreted it as saying the JP Morgan Chase has purchased M*Modal STOCKS. not the company itself. It purchased the stocks for 14.00 a piece and will be in "partnership" with M*Modal for the marketing of their speech rec software, and that is all. They will not be "running the company." I may be wrong, but that is what I got out of it.

I know what you mean--confused. - (see message)

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe this explains why, when I googled "M*Modal One Equity acquisition" earlier, the figure I saw on one article was in the millions, not $1.1 billion. Apparently, there are several M*Modal companies involved that totaled the $1.1 bil. Very confusing.

I'm not a current M*Modal employee, so I don't know what Vern's e-mail might have explained. I suppose my not being an employee makes this technically none of my business, but it may be pertinent to anyone who might be considering applying for a job with them, too.

Oh, now I see... - (see message)

[ In Reply To ..]
I see that it's: "....an equity arm of JPMorgan Chase & Co. called One Equity Partners."

Similar Messages:

JP Morgan Chase
Jan 07, 2014

Hmm... They have to pay 2.8 billion to victims of Madoff. MModal owes them money that they do not have, wonder what is going to happen next. The winds are changing and we are not going to go unscathed, us MTs. All these threats about quality, line counts, working schedules.  ...

ProScript, MModal, Chase Trans
Jul 24, 2012

Any current info on the above three MTSO?  I have friends who've worked for ProScript and switched to MModal, but having a hard time finding reviews of Chase Transcription in Ohio.  Thanks in advance. ...

MModal Perks Program. I Just Bought A
Oct 23, 2014

tablet from Best Buy last week, then got the MM Perks reminder email, so I looked to see how much I would've saved if I'd bought it through that.  The answer is nothing.  It was literally the same price.  So what exactly is the point of the Perks program? ...

Nuance Bought OSI And Keystrokes Bought Chartnet This Week. Any Others? Sm
Sep 26, 2010

Nuance bought Encompass recently, too.  I heard they are buying all the eScription companies.  I bet that Keystrokes gets bought by MQ soon.  What the heck is going on with all these companies buying each other?  Will there be anyone left?  ...

Does JP Morgan Own Us?
May 03, 2013

Is this the same JP Morgan Chase that owns MModal? If so, why arent they investigating a lot more???     JPMorgan Chase Faces Federal Probe Over Energy Trading 'Schemes' by Eamon Murphy May 3rd 2013 11:35AMUpdated May 3rd 2013 1:43PM Getty ImagesFederal investigations are nothing new for JPMorgan Chase (JPM), but the latest government inquiry into the behavior of the country's largest bank by assets bears uncomfortable similarities to one of the most noto ...

JP Morgan
Oct 13, 2013

I read that JP Morgan bought M*Modal ...

JP Morgan.
Nov 19, 2013

JP Morgan in big trouble, wonder how that's going to affect MModal. It's bound to.  ...

The JP Morgan Administration ...
Feb 18, 2014

.... seems to be having a little "suicide" problem lately.   This is the 7th JP Morgan administration suicide in just 2 weeks.  Think something is up?  LOL ...

Is Chase The Same As Cymed?
Dec 27, 2009

Does anybody know if Chase Transcriptions is the same as Cymed? I notice they were/are located in the same town. I worked for Cymed a long time ago. If anyone has any info at all about Chase, actually, it would be helpful. Thanks. ...

Chase Transcription, Inc.
Jun 08, 2010

I have searched the Archives and all information on this company is old.  Does anyone have any input on the company, any information at all - good or bad?  TIA. ...

Chase Transcriptions
Nov 23, 2011

Stay AWAY froim Chase Transcriptionis!!I jumped through hoops to get hired at this company.  Took an oral test over the phone and aced it.  Then took test on-line and aced it.  Then, they never got back to me on anything.  I called the company and they said that they only contact the person they hired.  How rude and unprofessional not to at least drop a canned email letting someone know that another was hired.  I would never work for this company, for no amount of m ...

Chase Transcriptions, Inc
Sep 08, 2013

ANYONE WORK FOR CHASE TRANSCRIPTIONS?
Mar 22, 2010

I am desperately hoping someone can help me here.  I have posted 3 times without a single response.  I have been offered a job at Chase Transcriptions in Ohio and have to give them my decision.  I really would like to know how the company is to work for currently.  I found only old postings.  Thanks so much. ...

Anybody Know Anything About Chase Transcription Or Probity?
Oct 16, 2010

Mainly interested in knowing if either of these two companies is good to work for and whether they offer decent insurance benefits.  Do they offer decent pay and have lots of work? I couldn't find much in the archives about either company, so if anyone one knows anything, could you share what you know? ...

Chase Transcription - Anyone Work?
Dec 02, 2011

Does anybody out there work for Chase Transcriptions?  I understand they use ChartNet (hooray!) and do only straight typing, no VR.  All good things.  However, they only pay a little over 7 cents a line, not so good.   I am having a very hard time, not production wise but platform-wise and personnel wise at Transcend, and am looking to make a move but frankly, I can't afford to take any less than I'm getting now.  Although... working in a less hostile environment might be worth i ...

Any Info On Chase Transcription?
Dec 20, 2011

Any info on Chase Transcription? ...

Which Would You Pick? Chase Or Keystrokes?
May 29, 2012

I've done lots of research on both companies, none really "WOW" me at all....but having to make a choice (and SOON), as I cannot afford to be without a job, can anyone shed some recent light on working for either? I don't need the benefits as much as the pay...Thank you kindly in advance. ...

Anyone Work For Chase, Pay, Etc. Archives Not Sm
Aug 09, 2012

workng and would just like some info. Thx ...

Info On Chase Transcription?
Sep 06, 2012

xxx ...

Accu-Script And Chase
Jan 31, 2013

Has anyone who applied for jobs at the above companies heard back from them yet?  Thank you. ...

Update Me On Chase Transcription?
Feb 26, 2013

Can anyone update me on Chase Transcription?  Do they hire IC's, etc?  Thanks! ...

Chase Transcription In Hudson, Ohio
Jan 20, 2011

Does anyone know if Chase Transcription in Hudson, Ohio is a good company to work for ? ...

Please Do Not Apply To Chase Transcription In Ohio
Sep 19, 2012

Here is a list of companies who will test you and call you, interview you and offer you a job, and then nothing, leave you hanging and never call you. Transcription Doctors and Breitner will even have you fax your paperwork and then leave you hanging. CHASE TRANSCRIPTION IN OHIO TRANSCRIPTION DOCTORS SUPERIOR GLOBAL SYSTEMS IN TEXAS BREITNER TRANSCRIPTION Please do not apply to the above companies. They are no good. They are liars and users. Shame on them. I hope they get w ...

Chase Transcription - Current Information
Mar 03, 2013

Looking for current information on Chase Transcription out of Ohio re: pay, working conditions, etc., as they share some of the "recently bought out TCI" accounts. Thanks! ...

Current Experience Working At Chase In Chartnet?
Jul 07, 2011

Years ago I worked for a company that used Chartnet and loved it.  I am wondering if anyone reading this has any current experience with Chase using Chartnet?  I'm wondering if it is still a good platform and how the company is to work for.  Any input will be appreciated. ...

Is MQ Getting Bought?
Nov 25, 2010

Did I read a post before that mentioned that MQ might be getting bought?  Does anyone have any info on that?  They were referring to changes being made, and trying to decide whether to stick it out or not.  TIA!  ...

Was MDI-MD Bought Out?
Dec 19, 2011

I have not seen any postings on the company for a few years.  I actually was hired by this company 2 years ago and quit very fast as my first few days were not impressive.  Tech support not calling me back, having to keep calling them,  trouble with foot pedal  not working.  Just curious.. ...

Bought Out
Jun 28, 2013

Absolutely Petrified....too young for Social Security; too old to change careers.   Went through this a few years back and honestly can't go through it again.   I don't know how some people sleep at night.    ...

Bought Out Co. And IRS
Sep 21, 2013

Has anybody worked for Alltype (Jerry Kelly) in the past in NJ?  Apparently they were bought out by Medquist or M*Modal in 2012.  I worked very briefly for Alltype in 2011 and then moved on to brighter horizons, although they reported to the IRS that I earned 4x what is actually on my W2 and according to my bank records.  IRS needs me to contact Alltype for verification but they no longer exist (number disconnected)... so what to do?  Something is very fishy and the ...

Spheris Bought Out
Feb 03, 2010

By Medquist and Cbay.  My sister works there and just told me, is on a conference call as we speak. ...