A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does JP Morgan own us? - sm

Posted: May 03, 2013

Is this the same JP Morgan Chase that owns MModal? If so, why arent they investigating a lot more???

JPMorgan Chase Faces Federal Probe Over Energy Trading 'Schemes'

JPMorgan facing federal action over power plant Getty ImagesFederal investigations are nothing new for JPMorgan Chase (JPM), but the latest government inquiry into the behavior of the country's largest bank by assets bears uncomfortable similarities to one of the most notorious chapters in the history of American business.

The New York Times reports on the contents of a confidential government memo sent to the bank in March, "warning of a potential crackdown by the regulator of the nation's energy markets":

Government investigators have found that JPMorgan Chase devised "manipulative schemes" that transformed "money-losing power plants into powerful profit centers," and that one of its most senior executives gave "false and misleading statements" under oath.

Connoisseurs of corporate scandal -- and probably every investor who remembers the start of this century -- will immediately think of Enron, the energy market-manipulating giant that went from six-time consecutive winner of Fortune's "most innovative" award (1996-2001) to what was at the time the largest bankruptcy in U.S. history.

The "schemes" in question reportedly originated in Houston, where JPMorgan traders under pressure to make big returns are alleged to have swindled California and Michigan out of $83 million by presenting deceptive energy prices. The bank says everything was on the up-and-up.

There's more alleged wrongdoing at the bank, including improper collection of credit card debt and silence over suspicious trading by Bernie Madoff, the biggest Ponzi schemer in history. The Times also says JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon, who is not personally under government scrutiny, met with prosecutors and the FBI this week to discuss the infamous "London Whale" case, a massive trading loss that prompted accusations of a cover-up and led to a blistering Senate report.

Figures. We fit right in with this bunch - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

We're not as important - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

MM ownership question... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
My company was bought out a few years ago, and I'm still confused about who I work for, so to speak. I've seen it written here that we are an "Indian owned company." And now this about JP Morgan. Can anyone shed any light on this?

JP Morgan Chase - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
What a coincidence that someone has brought this up about JP Morgan. Just the other day I heard on the news that JP Morgan CEO was resigning. It brought back memories to me about the 2 or 3 CEOs who resigned from Medquist just before everything came crashing down for them, i.e. SEC investigations, lawsuits, getting kicked off the NASDAQ.

Similar Messages:

JP Morgan
Oct 13, 2013

I read that JP Morgan bought M*Modal ...

JP Morgan.
Nov 19, 2013

JP Morgan in big trouble, wonder how that's going to affect MModal. It's bound to.  ...

JP Morgan Chase
Jan 07, 2014

Hmm... They have to pay 2.8 billion to victims of Madoff. MModal owes them money that they do not have, wonder what is going to happen next. The winds are changing and we are not going to go unscathed, us MTs. All these threats about quality, line counts, working schedules.  ...

The JP Morgan Administration ...
Feb 18, 2014

.... seems to be having a little "suicide" problem lately.   This is the 7th JP Morgan administration suicide in just 2 weeks.  Think something is up?  LOL ...

MModal Bought By JP Morgan Chase
Jul 03, 2012

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-07-02/mmodal-agrees-to-be-bought-by-jpmorgan-arm-for-1-dot-1-billion   and here we go again... ...