A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is it my MQ Computer or is DQS7 or parts of installed - alphamt

Posted: Dec 29, 2011

I have 1/2 the required RAM, told by a microsoft website techie through a Serv Man ticket that DQS7 has shown to work OK with 890 RAM instead of 2.  The MQ computer is struggling now AGAIN like last time when the system went down with the major upgrade - slow whirring computer, always downloading or updating Kapersky or some mystery software or action.  Speech is so slow I have to wait for it to correct - this especially in long jobs.  Anyone else have these intermittent - but long periods - of slowdown.  I have contacted tech and they said to clean/defrag which did not help.  It is not all the time, but when it happens it impacts my production for hours.  The upgrade will KILL my production and no one is concerned up the chain because tech tells me one thing, and notifications from them say another!  What gives and anyone else with these ongoing issues?  Thnx.

I had a very long slow-down point this morning - what I did

[ In Reply To ..]
Logged off, waited 15, logged back on. Then it seemed to work again. I would put in a ticket evey time it happens though.

You are right, it does what it used to do when Kapersky's would run. Makes it so I cannot type, it has a lag time to it and it is anoying as "you know what."

Similar Messages:

If Windows10 Installed On Your Computer By Itself
Mar 29, 2013

w/o calling support? I hate calling support! oops I meant windows 10 ...

Word 2007 - Quick Parts
Apr 12, 2011

My Word 2007 will not let me make Quick Parts/Auto text and use them.   Is there something I am doing wrong? ...

Book Of Style - What Parts Are The Most Necessary To Bone Up On?
Jun 06, 2011

I just purchased the Book of Style.  II realize companies want you to be familiar with it, but what parts are the most necessary to bone up on?  It is a huge book.  Thaniks. ...

It's Officially May 1st For Parts Of The Country - Anyone Striking Today?
May 01, 2012

Since it's official "D-Day," was just wondering if anyone was actually calling off today. If you're off today, hope you're having fun and making the most of it! ...

Anybody Have DqSribe Installed On A Windows 7 64 Bit?
Jul 17, 2012

just wondering... ...

Anyone Download That LANDesk That They Want Installed?
Jun 13, 2013

Anyone download that LANDesk that they want installed?  I installed it, but when I double click the icon a message pops up saying something about application control and it will not open.  How stupid is that?  Any ideas or help or should I forget about it, which is my preference.  ...

Has Anyone Successfully Installed 6.1 On Windows Vista?
Sep 07, 2010

I haven't tried to install it yet but I'm seeing so many people reporting trouble that I'm afraid to even try.  This is my own computer and it runs Windows Vista.  What are my chances of having the new version 6.1 install without it turning into a nightmare?   ...

Epic Is Being Installed In My Hospital/employer
Jun 17, 2013

They're starting in Ambulatory care this summer, getting it up and running and anticipate 2 years later the whole hospital will have it up and running. I pretty much anticipate a complete loss of employment.  Can anyone else who had Epic come in tell me what happened and how soon after ?  I'm just tired of being bought out everywhere by MedQuist, twice now I've run from them, but this time when the rug is pulled out from under me, i just want to be prepared. ...

Installed Windows 7 And Smartype Now Having Problems Need Help Or Advice
Aug 22, 2012

installed windows 7 from XP and reinstalled word 7 and now having problems with smartype working as it usually does, many features not responding, has anyone had the same experience and did you find a way to fix it or did you have to use a new program and if you used a new program - which one?  thanks   ...

So What Does Everyone Think Of DQS7 By Now?
May 21, 2012

x ...

DQS7.1
Sep 10, 2012

Is anybody else noticing part of ASR missing from DQS7.1 reports? Very frustrating. I feel like I am typing a majority of the report for SR crap pay. ...

Does DQS7.1 Know
Sep 13, 2012

I spend much more time editing than I used to because of no commas in lists of meds, etc. Come on!! I can't believe they couldn't program the *&$# thing better than that. And the HEADER thing!?! Willy-nilly-free-for-all headers. My Rant for Today. Thank you. ...

DQS7 Postponed Again
Jan 05, 2012

This company has never, ever introduced new software or a new account that did not have to have its intro postponed.  You would think they might have learned by now not to make any announcements until all the kinks are worked out but no, not MQ.  Yet the MTs have to be 99% accurate.  Everyone else can just goof off. ...

Anyone Having This Problem With DQS7?
May 20, 2012

I have a problem quite often, both in ASR when correcting or straight typing, where for some reason, the text from one line will drop to the next line when it clearly hasn't gotten to the end of the line I'm typing on...leaving only 1/2 line of text.  This happens quite a bit.  Anyone else having this happening?  ...

OMG - DQS7 Training
Jun 24, 2012

Our region is scheduled to start DQS7 in a couple weeks, and we were required to watch the training video - way ahead of our start time. I don't think I'll be able to do this!!  They talk about keystrokes I've never heard of, the fonts in the demo were so small I could barely read anything,   They talked about pushpins I never did find! Is this as awful as it looks?  Getting nervous.     ...

Help -- How Do I Download DQS7?
Jun 27, 2012

Hi -   Hard to teach me new tricks.  Where do I d/l DOQ7?  Thanks. ...

Anybody Starting DQS7.1
Aug 18, 2012

Did the training today. Was he speaking Greek?? I don't think I'll ever remember all of that. ...

Started DQS7 Today, And Not As Bad.... Smg
Apr 19, 2012

as I thought.   In fact, I did not sleep last night and my stomach was in a knot before I started work this morning.  Basically, I worried myself sick for nothing.  I am glad, however, that I went over the tutorials one more time last evening, so I think that really helped.   Though the screen is visually different, most of the commands are still the same.  The first report was slow going, took about 45 minutes to do because I was being sooooo very caref ...

Here Is Where To Find DQS7 Tutorials...smg
Apr 20, 2012

Log into MModal email.  Hover over Departments Click on Human Resources On left side of screen choose Learning and Development Then choose MT/ME. Then choose Training. Then choose DocQscribe 7 Two-thirds of way down page are 2 gray boxes that say DQS7 training.  Under those are 4 red highlighted tutorials.  Choose either the ones under the left or right gray bos depending on the resolution of your monitor.  DO NOT open the last one titled DQS7 Confirmation until ...

Not Liking The New DQS7. Too Many Windows
May 15, 2012

on screen, teeny tiny letters when typing (hope I can change this), stupid QA note section at bottom is annoying as he!!. Hope I can adjust quickly cause this is a pain. ...

Anyone Else Having Major Issues With DQS7?
Jul 31, 2012

will not let me edit a job.  its terrifying.  ughhhh. I want dqs 6.1 back. ...

Anybody Start DQS7.1 Today?
Aug 20, 2012

I'm supposed to start work later.  No word from the CCM today. You'd think she would send out a reminder note or some hints or something. Nada. Zip. ...

Formatting Question For DQS7.1
Sep 17, 2012

Just starting DQS7.1 today and wondering about spacing between paragraphs.  In ASR, when the dictator says next paragraph, it goes to the next line.  Is this correct, or do I need to insert a hard return to make a like between the paragraphs?  Anybody know?  Don't want to mess up the formatting.  ...

Major Snafu With DQS7 Install
May 18, 2012

Back from vacation.  Logged into the new 7 version - would not work.  Tried a few times.  Called Support.  1-1/2 hours - no luck - they will contact Advanced Support.  Will try again tomorrow.  They estimate it will take 2-3 hours to fix it. Meanwhile CCM instructed to do straight typing on version 6.  Like heaven - the old days. Anyone else have this experience ?  TIA !  TGIF !    ...

Anybody Else Supposed To Start DQS7 On Monday?
Sep 12, 2012

I recall getting an email awhile back telling us we were starting DQS7 on 9/17.  But not a word from CCM about training.  How long does the training take?  ...

Just Started DQS7 Only Getting Transcription Jobs, No Speech Rec
Jun 19, 2012

Did I download something wrong, or am I hitting the jackpot and getting all transcription jobs?  This is an account I usually work on and these are usually speech rec jobs... ...

In DQS7.1, Where Is The Expander/macro File? I Can't Find It. Please Help! Nm
Sep 23, 2012

. ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Own Personal Computer Versus MQ Supplied Computer?
Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there? Thanks! ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...