A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Not liking the new DQS7. Too many windows - sm

Posted: May 15, 2012

on screen, teeny tiny letters when typing (hope I can change this), stupid QA note section at bottom is annoying as he!!. Hope I can adjust quickly cause this is a pain.

absolutely you can change - minimize

[ In Reply To ..]
Go to tools and options and then editor. You can change font and size and make it as big as you want. The QA section can be minimized by just being in the box and hitting escape, but I think you can also drag the typing screen down. I just have the QA note thing on the very bottom of the screen. I also have unpinned the headings/standards/CP unless I absolutely need it which gives me a huge typing screen. Just play around until you find what works for you. I think you can also drag the windows on the sides of the screen too to give you more room.

Thank you! - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Really Liking My...
Mar 17, 2010

first three days with Amphion.  People are wonderful!  Platform they use is new, so there are some glitches they are working out, but really easy to learn. ...

Doctors Not Liking This Either
Mar 12, 2012

My girlfriend told her internist about our plight and the doctor said that they were actually forbidden to use a transcription service and to do it themselves instead.  She hates it and would rather have a transcriptionist do it because they are so good at what they do!   I don't understand why they would be forbidden to use a transcriptionist. Anyone care to guess why?  She said the cost was not the reason and would gladly pay and pay and pay!!!! ...

So, How Are You New Meridian MTs Liking It Here At MM?
Mar 19, 2013

x ...

So...Synernet MTs How Are You Liking The New VR?
May 21, 2014

So, what do you think of the new VR?  Just wondering, because I know they are going to VR and I want to apply.  ...

Anyone Working For Nuance And Liking It???
May 02, 2011

So I hear a lot about how there is no work at Nuance now because they are over hiring and that they are a "nightmare" to work for. Is there anyone working there now that likes it and isn't having any problems?  ...

Not Liking Lack Of Direct Deposit.
Mar 06, 2015

The company I work for is decent, as far as MTSOs go. Pay is better than most but still crappy IMO.  The problem is they do not offer direct deposit. Receiving my check is so sporadic with mail service being horrible. Some pay periods I get it 2 days after mailing, other times it may take up to a week. I have bills to pay and really need something that I can depend on being there at regular interval. Really considering going elsewhere if they don't start offering Direct Depos ...

So What Does Everyone Think Of DQS7 By Now?
May 21, 2012

x ...

DQS7.1
Sep 10, 2012

Is anybody else noticing part of ASR missing from DQS7.1 reports? Very frustrating. I feel like I am typing a majority of the report for SR crap pay. ...

Does DQS7.1 Know
Sep 13, 2012

I spend much more time editing than I used to because of no commas in lists of meds, etc. Come on!! I can't believe they couldn't program the *&$# thing better than that. And the HEADER thing!?! Willy-nilly-free-for-all headers. My Rant for Today. Thank you. ...

DQS7 Postponed Again
Jan 05, 2012

This company has never, ever introduced new software or a new account that did not have to have its intro postponed.  You would think they might have learned by now not to make any announcements until all the kinks are worked out but no, not MQ.  Yet the MTs have to be 99% accurate.  Everyone else can just goof off. ...

Anyone Having This Problem With DQS7?
May 20, 2012

I have a problem quite often, both in ASR when correcting or straight typing, where for some reason, the text from one line will drop to the next line when it clearly hasn't gotten to the end of the line I'm typing on...leaving only 1/2 line of text.  This happens quite a bit.  Anyone else having this happening?  ...

OMG - DQS7 Training
Jun 24, 2012

Our region is scheduled to start DQS7 in a couple weeks, and we were required to watch the training video - way ahead of our start time. I don't think I'll be able to do this!!  They talk about keystrokes I've never heard of, the fonts in the demo were so small I could barely read anything,   They talked about pushpins I never did find! Is this as awful as it looks?  Getting nervous.     ...

Help -- How Do I Download DQS7?
Jun 27, 2012

Hi -   Hard to teach me new tricks.  Where do I d/l DOQ7?  Thanks. ...

Anybody Starting DQS7.1
Aug 18, 2012

Did the training today. Was he speaking Greek?? I don't think I'll ever remember all of that. ...

Started DQS7 Today, And Not As Bad.... Smg
Apr 19, 2012

as I thought.   In fact, I did not sleep last night and my stomach was in a knot before I started work this morning.  Basically, I worried myself sick for nothing.  I am glad, however, that I went over the tutorials one more time last evening, so I think that really helped.   Though the screen is visually different, most of the commands are still the same.  The first report was slow going, took about 45 minutes to do because I was being sooooo very caref ...

Here Is Where To Find DQS7 Tutorials...smg
Apr 20, 2012

Log into MModal email.  Hover over Departments Click on Human Resources On left side of screen choose Learning and Development Then choose MT/ME. Then choose Training. Then choose DocQscribe 7 Two-thirds of way down page are 2 gray boxes that say DQS7 training.  Under those are 4 red highlighted tutorials.  Choose either the ones under the left or right gray bos depending on the resolution of your monitor.  DO NOT open the last one titled DQS7 Confirmation until ...

Anyone Else Having Major Issues With DQS7?
Jul 31, 2012

will not let me edit a job.  its terrifying.  ughhhh. I want dqs 6.1 back. ...

Anybody Start DQS7.1 Today?
Aug 20, 2012

I'm supposed to start work later.  No word from the CCM today. You'd think she would send out a reminder note or some hints or something. Nada. Zip. ...

Formatting Question For DQS7.1
Sep 17, 2012

Just starting DQS7.1 today and wondering about spacing between paragraphs.  In ASR, when the dictator says next paragraph, it goes to the next line.  Is this correct, or do I need to insert a hard return to make a like between the paragraphs?  Anybody know?  Don't want to mess up the formatting.  ...

AUTOCORRECT - How To Coph From Windows XP To Windows 7
Aug 22, 2013

HOW TO COPY AUTOCORRECT FROM WINDOWS XP TO WINDOWS 7 ...

Is It My MQ Computer Or Is DQS7 Or Parts Of Installed
Dec 29, 2011

I have 1/2 the required RAM, told by a microsoft website techie through a Serv Man ticket that DQS7 has shown to work OK with 890 RAM instead of 2.  The MQ computer is struggling now AGAIN like last time when the system went down with the major upgrade - slow whirring computer, always downloading or updating Kapersky or some mystery software or action.  Speech is so slow I have to wait for it to correct - this especially in long jobs.  Anyone else have these intermittent - but lon ...

Major Snafu With DQS7 Install
May 18, 2012

Back from vacation.  Logged into the new 7 version - would not work.  Tried a few times.  Called Support.  1-1/2 hours - no luck - they will contact Advanced Support.  Will try again tomorrow.  They estimate it will take 2-3 hours to fix it. Meanwhile CCM instructed to do straight typing on version 6.  Like heaven - the old days. Anyone else have this experience ?  TIA !  TGIF !    ...

Anybody Else Supposed To Start DQS7 On Monday?
Sep 12, 2012

I recall getting an email awhile back telling us we were starting DQS7 on 9/17.  But not a word from CCM about training.  How long does the training take?  ...

Just Started DQS7 Only Getting Transcription Jobs, No Speech Rec
Jun 19, 2012

Did I download something wrong, or am I hitting the jackpot and getting all transcription jobs?  This is an account I usually work on and these are usually speech rec jobs... ...

In DQS7.1, Where Is The Expander/macro File? I Can't Find It. Please Help! Nm
Sep 23, 2012

. ...

This White Screen In DQS7 Is Killing Me. Eyes Hurt, Headache.
Oct 19, 2012

In DQS6, where the screen color was determined by what you set Windows colors, I had a nice pale green which is very easy on the eyes. And what's up with the dark grey highlight for SR!? Harder to see the black text underneath. Shesh, these changes from DQS6 where definitely made by people who do not have to look at a computer screen all day. I will never forget the day I was looking for a specific keyboard and the computer salesmen did not comprehend why I was so picky. They had ...

Windows 7 And Using Windows XP Mode
Aug 05, 2011

Has anyone ever wanted to work for a company that only used Windows XP and you had Windows 7 but could virtually move to XP mode?  Could you download their software on the XP mode side and get it to work?  I had a job interview where their software only worked on XP.  I thought I could do that, but I had to also have Word 2003.  I only have 2010, but it has the compatability pack for 2003, BUT the client's software couldn't differentiate that.  If I maybe bough ...

ShortCut For Windows With Windows 7 Or 8?
May 14, 2014

Anyone using ShortCut for Windows with Windows 7 or 8? ...

Copying From Windows XP To Windows 7
Jan 31, 2015

I've done this before with no problems but for some reason I can't figure it out today. . . I want to copy my Stedman's Electronic Dictionary from XP to Win 7. I don't know why I am having problems with this . . . I copied my Stedman's electronic surgical words, abbreviations, etc., about 6 months ago just fine using my thumb drive. I don't have the original discs with me. Any help would be appreciated! ...

Anyone Use DQS On Windows 7 Yet?
Dec 16, 2009

I want to go to my parents house this weekend for Christmas and I have to work.  They live about 4 hours away so I was just going to take my foot pedal with me and download DQS on my dad's computer.  He is nerd so he has this really cool computer so I am not worried about DQS not running on it or anything.  I was just wondering about how DQS runs with windows 7.  I would figure it would just run the same since it is internet based.  I just would hate to not be able ...