A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Formatting question for DQS7.1 - MT

Posted: Sep 17, 2012

Just starting DQS7.1 today and wondering about spacing between paragraphs.  In ASR, when the dictator says next paragraph, it goes to the next line.  Is this correct, or do I need to insert a hard return to make a like between the paragraphs?  Anybody know?  Don't want to mess up the formatting. 

I believe that's what happens to "paragraphs" anyway - Trampled underfoot

[ In Reply To ..]
Even when we type with a blank line between paragraphs, the program jams everything back together. No point in trying to make a decent-looking report; it turns out a ridiculous, hard-to-read product in the end anyway.

I believe it depends on client preferrences - Look in Docqmanage

[ In Reply To ..]
Experiment on a report. Remember the job number and go to Docqmanage when you are done typing it. Search for the job and select Final report in the drop-down box. This is what the final report looks like to the client. Contrary to what some think, it does not always run everything in one paragraph anyway. It depends on what the client specifies for formatting. One of the clients I type for actually prints out the reports and faxes them with hand-written corrections to my CCM and she then passes that report to the offender, and they look exactly like they do when checking on the Final copy in DQM.

I paragraph manually - Here is why

[ In Reply To ..]
So that I can easier proof my work before I send it, and so that in the "system" for samples it is actually helpful to someone and not squished together. Nothing worse than looking up a sample and it's one big long paragraph. SO, I paragraph whether they dictate it or not.

I do not believe that my inserting the actual paragraph messes up the back-end formatting.

Similar Messages:

So What Does Everyone Think Of DQS7 By Now?
May 21, 2012

x ...

DQS7.1
Sep 10, 2012

Is anybody else noticing part of ASR missing from DQS7.1 reports? Very frustrating. I feel like I am typing a majority of the report for SR crap pay. ...

Does DQS7.1 Know
Sep 13, 2012

I spend much more time editing than I used to because of no commas in lists of meds, etc. Come on!! I can't believe they couldn't program the *&$# thing better than that. And the HEADER thing!?! Willy-nilly-free-for-all headers. My Rant for Today. Thank you. ...

DQS7 Postponed Again
Jan 05, 2012

This company has never, ever introduced new software or a new account that did not have to have its intro postponed.  You would think they might have learned by now not to make any announcements until all the kinks are worked out but no, not MQ.  Yet the MTs have to be 99% accurate.  Everyone else can just goof off. ...

Anyone Having This Problem With DQS7?
May 20, 2012

I have a problem quite often, both in ASR when correcting or straight typing, where for some reason, the text from one line will drop to the next line when it clearly hasn't gotten to the end of the line I'm typing on...leaving only 1/2 line of text.  This happens quite a bit.  Anyone else having this happening?  ...

OMG - DQS7 Training
Jun 24, 2012

Our region is scheduled to start DQS7 in a couple weeks, and we were required to watch the training video - way ahead of our start time. I don't think I'll be able to do this!!  They talk about keystrokes I've never heard of, the fonts in the demo were so small I could barely read anything,   They talked about pushpins I never did find! Is this as awful as it looks?  Getting nervous.     ...

Help -- How Do I Download DQS7?
Jun 27, 2012

Hi -   Hard to teach me new tricks.  Where do I d/l DOQ7?  Thanks. ...

Anybody Starting DQS7.1
Aug 18, 2012

Did the training today. Was he speaking Greek?? I don't think I'll ever remember all of that. ...

Need Help With Formatting
Dec 30, 2009

I did something and now I only have a half space between sentences - how can I get this back to normal??? ...

Help Please! (Formatting)
Apr 24, 2012

I am having trouble trying to figure out when, and when no to make a list, or heading.   First, I know the headings, in the beginning, are ALL CAPS, like FAMILY HISTORY, MOTOR, REFLEXES, but then, the Neurologist begins listing (on the independent medical evaluation, under "Record Summary/Provider") tons and tons of dates like: 9/17/2010 PT.  Dr. So and So.  Same template.   Chiropractic Assessment:  Palpation L2, L3, L5, L5 and S1, taut and tender MS fibers and fixat ...

Formatting For VR-
Jul 18, 2014

to format reports on VR, generally basic 4, every report?  I get so sick and tired of not only fixing the stupid words but since there is no training by physicians, every report has to be formatted to meet specs.  Just curious.  ...

Started DQS7 Today, And Not As Bad.... Smg
Apr 19, 2012

as I thought.   In fact, I did not sleep last night and my stomach was in a knot before I started work this morning.  Basically, I worried myself sick for nothing.  I am glad, however, that I went over the tutorials one more time last evening, so I think that really helped.   Though the screen is visually different, most of the commands are still the same.  The first report was slow going, took about 45 minutes to do because I was being sooooo very caref ...

Here Is Where To Find DQS7 Tutorials...smg
Apr 20, 2012

Log into MModal email.  Hover over Departments Click on Human Resources On left side of screen choose Learning and Development Then choose MT/ME. Then choose Training. Then choose DocQscribe 7 Two-thirds of way down page are 2 gray boxes that say DQS7 training.  Under those are 4 red highlighted tutorials.  Choose either the ones under the left or right gray bos depending on the resolution of your monitor.  DO NOT open the last one titled DQS7 Confirmation until ...

Not Liking The New DQS7. Too Many Windows
May 15, 2012

on screen, teeny tiny letters when typing (hope I can change this), stupid QA note section at bottom is annoying as he!!. Hope I can adjust quickly cause this is a pain. ...

Anyone Else Having Major Issues With DQS7?
Jul 31, 2012

will not let me edit a job.  its terrifying.  ughhhh. I want dqs 6.1 back. ...

Anybody Start DQS7.1 Today?
Aug 20, 2012

I'm supposed to start work later.  No word from the CCM today. You'd think she would send out a reminder note or some hints or something. Nada. Zip. ...

Disk Formatting
Oct 17, 2011

I got a new computer.  I do work for a local doc the old fashioned way (tapes) and would like to save his work on disks (used 3.5 on old computer).  I tried to format the disk and things were going well until the last few seconds when a window popped up saying format could not be completed, but no reason why.  I have tried several times since and the same thing happens.  Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?  I am using CD-RW disks.  Thanks. ...

Help With Formatting Paragraph In VR
Dec 22, 2011

Okay I work in Dictaphone VR.  The latest version.  I have Word 2007.  In VR, the physical exam and its subheadings are all double spaced.  Anyway to highlight the paragraph and make it single spaced?  I usually just use arrows and delete about 7 times a row to tidy it up, but I was hoping I could highlight and do a few keystrokes and be done.   Thank you in advance for your help! It is double spaced like this:   PHYSICAL EXAMINATION: VITAL SIGNS: Blood pr ...

Formatting # Range In P.o.
Mar 23, 2012

When the doctor dictates a range for p.o., for instance "1/2 to 1 p.o.," do we write it as 0.5 to 1 or 1/2 to 1? Thank you for the help. ...

Formatting Woes
Aug 20, 2012

I work for TDD, and always get confused about their formatting.  Can someone tell me if we are to transcribe their consults in paragraph form or not?  TY ...

Is It My MQ Computer Or Is DQS7 Or Parts Of Installed
Dec 29, 2011

I have 1/2 the required RAM, told by a microsoft website techie through a Serv Man ticket that DQS7 has shown to work OK with 890 RAM instead of 2.  The MQ computer is struggling now AGAIN like last time when the system went down with the major upgrade - slow whirring computer, always downloading or updating Kapersky or some mystery software or action.  Speech is so slow I have to wait for it to correct - this especially in long jobs.  Anyone else have these intermittent - but lon ...

Major Snafu With DQS7 Install
May 18, 2012

Back from vacation.  Logged into the new 7 version - would not work.  Tried a few times.  Called Support.  1-1/2 hours - no luck - they will contact Advanced Support.  Will try again tomorrow.  They estimate it will take 2-3 hours to fix it. Meanwhile CCM instructed to do straight typing on version 6.  Like heaven - the old days. Anyone else have this experience ?  TIA !  TGIF !    ...

Anybody Else Supposed To Start DQS7 On Monday?
Sep 12, 2012

I recall getting an email awhile back telling us we were starting DQS7 on 9/17.  But not a word from CCM about training.  How long does the training take?  ...

Formatting Abruptly Changed
Feb 03, 2010

There probably have been answers to my question out here before, but does anyone know what causes the formatting in an EditScript document of which I am either editing or transcribing?  It tabs, bolds, changes font sizes, and messes up the spacing between lines.....things I did not manually do myself.  Is there something I should be changing on my RTF? Or is it something else?  Seems like I may have seen something about that, but I can't find it in my manual (which doesn ...

Diagnosis Formatting Issue
May 24, 2010

I am now totally confused.  I've always been told the rule of thumb is that if there IS no #2, then there is no #1 to create a list.  It should simply be Diagnosis: yada I have a dictator that for some unknown reason kept dictating  Diagnosis: 1. UTI:     A) Resolved after antibiotics.  No number #2 so i just did not even number this, but I got it back QA'd , am I losing it or have been doing this wrong all along? Thanks much for the input. ...

Formatting Question In Word2003 With XP
Jun 13, 2010

I just recently switched to Word2003 and am having issues with formatting.  I tried everything I can think of but color me DUHHHH because it is not working. I have to number impressions.  I would like to somehow set ALL documents for this to line up the same way and I must be missing something because I have to do this each document. I went to numbers/bulletting and even made it custome, but again, each document has to have it redone.  When you are doing 50, it is time consuming ...

Formatting For Consultation Report
Oct 20, 2010

On a consultation report, under the heading "past medical history" is there a specific order of sub headings according to the AHDI standards? ...

Help With Formatting MS Word 2007
Oct 14, 2011

Hello, When typing p.r.n. with my newly installed MS Word program, it automatically types p.  R.  n.  Does anyone know the change I need to make in the program to correct this?   Thanks in advance. ...

BOS3 Formatting Question
Jan 07, 2012

I'm an experienced MT, not a newbie straight out of school.  If this belongs on the "word" board, then I apologize in advance (I wasn't sure where to post it). I am testing for a company that uses BOS3 (which I despise) and that is counted in the grading.  In the physical exam section, the dictator gave a few headings (which of course I inserted) but not all.  According to BOS3, inserting undictated headings is optional.  Some sections begin as sentences (e.g., "He ...

Psychiatric AXIS I Formatting
May 31, 2013

Greetings, I recently got a gig for Psychiatric clinic and I am a little confused as to the accepted formatting for DSM diagnoses under AXIS I...  Here is what I have been doing, and it's different from examples I've seen online... I'm thinking I learned my current style from either CareerStep or working for Nuance; however, I'm not sure...  My clinic doesn't really have any concrete formatting guidelines, but I want to be using best practices nonetheless. &nbs ...