A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Word 2007 - Quick Parts - Rose

Posted: Apr 12, 2011

My Word 2007 will not let me make Quick Parts/Auto text and use them.   Is there something I am doing wrong?

Not sure on why but let me warn you that Quick Parts entries - are easily and often lost by the program itself.

[ In Reply To ..]
Better back them up.

Quick Parts is for Outlook, I think. AutoText is for Word.

Use the Help guide in each program. It should give you step-by-step instructions.

Similar Messages:

Quick Word/formatting Help, Needed.
Dec 21, 2010

Doctor dictates:  Has a 130-year pack-year history.  and I'm not certain of how to correctly format it. THANKS! ...

WORD 2007 HELP!!
Nov 13, 2009

Anyone familiar with Word 2007 and macros.  I can't seem to find the tools menu to record macros.  Help would be greatly appreciated!! ...

Help With Word 2007
Jul 07, 2013

Hello,  My company uses Word 2007 with Enterprise Espress Editor. When we receive our documents in speech the physical exam is in a format where all the headers are one right under each other and we need to put it in a paragraph format.  Example:  PHYSICAL EXAMINATION: GENERAL: This is an alert white male in no distress. VITAL SIGNS: Blood pressure is 120/70. Heart rate is 68. Weight is 212 pounds. NEUROLOGIC: The patient is alert and oriented x3. The patient's gait, ...

Word 2007
Aug 19, 2014

Hello,  My company is using Word 2007 and we just decided to change the way we format our office visits. Instead of listing the medications in a paragraph form with commas after each medication we are listing them in a column and numbering them. Our problem is that when we get the dictations in our speech format they are in a paragraph. Is there a way of converting the paragraph to a column so they can be numbered or do we have to just do them individually? Thanks,  Glenn ...

AUTOCORRECT/WORD 2007
Jan 18, 2010

I recently started working at home using Word 2007.  I have put all of my shortcuts into the autocorrect feature and this has worked out wonderful for me and I am not looking to change that.  I do, however, need to find out how to BACK UP/SAVE that file!!!  I don't know what I will do if I lose all of this information! I have thought of trying Carbonite Backup, but I'm sure there is a cheaper way! TX ALL! ...

Word 2007 - How To Set Up Autotext
Mar 18, 2010

Anyone use Microsoft Word 2007? I am having a horrible time finding out how to set up autotext.  If anyone knows, can you walk me through it.  I prefer the 2003 edition, but must upgrade..........Thanks!!! ...

Autocomplete Add In For Word 2007??
Mar 22, 2010

I recently upgraded to Office 2007.  I previously utilized both Autocomplete and Autotext.  Using Autocomplete in conjunction with Autotext allowed me to not have to memorize as many hot keys.  Well, as many of you probably know, Word 2007 no longer has the Autotext function.  It has been replaced with Building Blocks, which to my understanding, requires you to create hot keys for the entries.  My question is, does anyone know of an add on for Word that can be bought (o ...

MT Using Word 2007 Or 2003
Apr 02, 2010

Are most MT employers using Using Word 2007 or Word 2003? Word 2010 is out in June. Would the MT industry upgrade quickly to Word 2010 or does it usually take a few years? ...

How To Disable F1 Key In MS Word 2007???
Apr 07, 2011

Does anyone have an idiot-proof (read: computer illiterate) way to disable the F1 key in Microsoft Word 2007?  I use F2 to jump to different spots in the report and always end up hitting F1 instead, which brings up the Microsoft help box.  So annoying!!  Any help with this one is greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance! ...

Two Questions On Word 2007
Jul 17, 2011

I just started a new job.  I will be typing EKG reports.  I have to print the EKG interpretation on the EKG paper, which needs to be vertical on the paper at the top so I don't print over the EKG part.  How do I set up through Word to print it to come out on the side since the paper goes in like a regular? Also, I need to make signature blocks at the bottom of letters.  Instead of typing the same thing over and over, how can I make this so I type a couple letters and ge ...

Help With Formatting MS Word 2007
Oct 14, 2011

Hello, When typing p.r.n. with my newly installed MS Word program, it automatically types p.  R.  n.  Does anyone know the change I need to make in the program to correct this?   Thanks in advance. ...

Word 2003 To 2007
Apr 18, 2013

Does anyone know where I can buy my own copy of Word 2003 to 2007 for a reasonable price?? ...

NEED MS Word 2007 Or 2010
Sep 13, 2013

Does anyone know where I can get MS Word 2007 or 2010 CHEAP?  The company I am hiring on with requires these versions.  Can't be the student or home versions either.  I have upgraded my computer to their requirements and that cost me an arm and a leg and now I need to get the correct MS Word program installed.  I simply can't afford much.  I've been without work too long in this rapidly declining profession I've been in for 30 years.  I'm ki ...

MS Word 2007 And Editscript
Sep 28, 2013

Does anyone known the recommended MS Word options/adjustments for Editscript/eScription? The document Nuance gave me providing instructions  won't open for whatever reason (of course), and I'm moving all my stuff to a new computer this weekend.  I have Word 2007.   Thanks ...

MS Word 2007 Or 2010
Apr 13, 2014

I need to purchase this online with an instant download but all the different sites are so confusing and I'm afraid to get scammed.  Has anyone ever had to download this and where did you get it from? Help please! ...

Where Does Someone Buy MS Word Professional 2007
Oct 25, 2014

It seems like it is impossible ???? Looked on ebay and Amazon.  The only thing I see is a home use only version, a student version, etc.  Is it even possible to buy this by itself anymore?  Sigh..... Most companies require you to have this or 2010 (which I can't find either), but how do they expect us to have it when it's so difficult to find? Can anyone help?    ...

MS Word 2007 Queswtion
Mar 24, 2015

I am having a total senior moment, I need to be able to hit a hot key and have it jump directly to a character, say a "*" and I cannot for the life of me remember how to set that up.  Can someone help me please.  I tried to record a macro, but am doing something wrong.  Thanks! ...

Escription Compatible With Word 2007?
Oct 12, 2009

Does anyone know if this platform is compatible with Word 2007. Thanks ...

Escription Version 8 & Word 2007
Jan 27, 2010

Has anyone had problems getting their Auto Correct from Word 2007 to work in Escription version 8 and, if so, how did you fix it? TIA ...

Header/footer Use In Word 2007
Jun 30, 2010

Hi,  I use Word 2007 for work.. Yesterday I must have hit some sort of function key that turned on a blue box that surrounds information in header/footer and I have no idea how to turn this off.  Called IT,, must have been busy because they assured me that this box cannot be seen on completed reports.  Shut down PC and when restarted the blue box is still there.. what function key(s) would I do to make it go away, drives my eyes batty ...

Microsft Word - How To Go From 2010 To 2007?
Mar 07, 2011

I have MS Word 2010, but all the jobs I have applied for require Word 2003 or 2007.  How can I change my version of Word (I am assuming I would have to buy MS Word 2003 or 2007)?  Or is it possible to have two versions on my computer? ...

Trying My Darndest To Purchase MS Word 2007
Jul 13, 2011

Ok.. I have a job offer but have to purchase MS Word 2007.  Do I need the home/student version or the office version?    What does everyone else use?  And yes, I'm a dummy. ...

Word 2007 Get Up-to-speed Experience
Aug 22, 2011

I bought Word 2007 and would like to get up-to-speed experience with it for future job possibilities. Did you buy a tutorial, or how did you become accomplished before you started working with it? Thank you. ...

Autocorrect Feature In Word 2007
Oct 14, 2011

I used Word 2003 autocorrect feature (Ctrl+E) to add entries into the autocorrect. It doesn't work with Word 2007.  Does anyone know if there is another function key for this in 2007?  I'm talking enter "wnl" and it expands to "within normal limits", all done while in the document and not having to go into the tools and options menu.  ...

Word 2007 Autocorrect Question
Nov 20, 2011

I have been working in DQS and I need to take my DQS expansion list and import it into Autocorrect in Word 2007.  So far I have put my expansion list into the Word 2007 program itself as a document, but I can't figure out how to get my expansion list into Autocorrect and I don't want to have to type each one in one by one, as it is a very long list.  Does anybody know how this can be done?  Thanks. ...

Word 2007 Line Counter
Dec 01, 2011

Is there a line counter that works with Windows 7 and Word 2007? What is everyone using now that Abacus is out of business? Thanks!  ...

Word 2007 Autocorrect Backup
Feb 19, 2012

I do this every couple of months, but every time I have to really think about it  So can anyone tell me where the written instructions are on backing up my Autocorrect entries? ...

Anyone Know Where To Get MS Word, 2003, 2007 Or 2010?
Feb 14, 2013

I have searched all over and can't find it.  I don't want the whole office package, just MS Word.  Thanks for your help! ...

Where Are Tools Located In Word 2007?
Apr 22, 2013

Where is tools located in  Word 2007?  Also how to change upper case to lower case in Word 2007? ...

Where Is Autocorrect Located In Word 2007?
Apr 23, 2013

Where is autocorrect located in word 2007? ...