A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anybody starting DQS7.1 - on Monday?

Posted: Aug 18, 2012

Did the training today. Was he speaking Greek?? I don't think I'll ever remember all of that.Cry

Don't Worry - On 7.1 now

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't worry. I don't even remember the training and I'm doing fine on 7.1. Some things are different.

If your supe sends you a "cheat-sheet" of keystrokes, print that out. There are also some little weird issues that you should be informed of and ways around those also comes in print-out form. If you have those 2 things to refer to at finger-tips, you'll be fine.

I honestly don't have an issue with it. Everyone hates change (myself included), but you'll fall into it fine.

Training - Nature

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel the same way. I have listened to it more than once, and it is like they are speaking a different language. I did print out the keystrokes, and other things. I feel just like you, I am so worried about my line count too.

Overall Look is Different - Most is the same

[ In Reply To ..]
Really, it's not that bad. When I first heard people talking about it, they made it sound like all the keystrokes were different. I took that to mean that all the editing keystrokes in the document were different. They're not. Neither is picking up the jobs or uploading them. There are some additional keystrokes for this or that, but that's about it.

After you upload a job, another downloads into your queue, and you do have to physically download it onto your screen, but that's not a biggie.

I think we all panic when something is new.

I'd say the training was helpful in that it showed what the new "look" is. It's a foreign look from 6.1 and earlier DQS's, so when I logged in, it was familiar since I took the training.

You can also get rid of most of the crud that shows up on your typing screen. You can get rid of the client profile, QA note thing, etc., so that it's not there during typing and it's not there the next time you log in, either. Only thing you can't permanantly ditch is the ADT screen, but you can move that over so it's hidden. You do have to physically do that with each enw job you pull up. Other than that, you have a full typing screen.

Definitely read (but don't try to memorize) those keystrokes. It will help you later to at least know where to look if you run into something where you're not sure what to do.

My line count didn't suffer all that much for very long.

Training - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
Is this training for DQS? Is everyone taking new training? Curious. We get the emails so far ahead I forget what is going on and when.

Similar Messages:

So What Does Everyone Think Of DQS7 By Now?
May 21, 2012

x ...

DQS7.1
Sep 10, 2012

Is anybody else noticing part of ASR missing from DQS7.1 reports? Very frustrating. I feel like I am typing a majority of the report for SR crap pay. ...

Does DQS7.1 Know
Sep 13, 2012

I spend much more time editing than I used to because of no commas in lists of meds, etc. Come on!! I can't believe they couldn't program the *&$# thing better than that. And the HEADER thing!?! Willy-nilly-free-for-all headers. My Rant for Today. Thank you. ...

DQS7 Postponed Again
Jan 05, 2012

This company has never, ever introduced new software or a new account that did not have to have its intro postponed.  You would think they might have learned by now not to make any announcements until all the kinks are worked out but no, not MQ.  Yet the MTs have to be 99% accurate.  Everyone else can just goof off. ...

Anyone Having This Problem With DQS7?
May 20, 2012

I have a problem quite often, both in ASR when correcting or straight typing, where for some reason, the text from one line will drop to the next line when it clearly hasn't gotten to the end of the line I'm typing on...leaving only 1/2 line of text.  This happens quite a bit.  Anyone else having this happening?  ...

OMG - DQS7 Training
Jun 24, 2012

Our region is scheduled to start DQS7 in a couple weeks, and we were required to watch the training video - way ahead of our start time. I don't think I'll be able to do this!!  They talk about keystrokes I've never heard of, the fonts in the demo were so small I could barely read anything,   They talked about pushpins I never did find! Is this as awful as it looks?  Getting nervous.     ...

Help -- How Do I Download DQS7?
Jun 27, 2012

Hi -   Hard to teach me new tricks.  Where do I d/l DOQ7?  Thanks. ...

Started DQS7 Today, And Not As Bad.... Smg
Apr 19, 2012

as I thought.   In fact, I did not sleep last night and my stomach was in a knot before I started work this morning.  Basically, I worried myself sick for nothing.  I am glad, however, that I went over the tutorials one more time last evening, so I think that really helped.   Though the screen is visually different, most of the commands are still the same.  The first report was slow going, took about 45 minutes to do because I was being sooooo very caref ...

Here Is Where To Find DQS7 Tutorials...smg
Apr 20, 2012

Log into MModal email.  Hover over Departments Click on Human Resources On left side of screen choose Learning and Development Then choose MT/ME. Then choose Training. Then choose DocQscribe 7 Two-thirds of way down page are 2 gray boxes that say DQS7 training.  Under those are 4 red highlighted tutorials.  Choose either the ones under the left or right gray bos depending on the resolution of your monitor.  DO NOT open the last one titled DQS7 Confirmation until ...

Not Liking The New DQS7. Too Many Windows
May 15, 2012

on screen, teeny tiny letters when typing (hope I can change this), stupid QA note section at bottom is annoying as he!!. Hope I can adjust quickly cause this is a pain. ...

Anyone Else Having Major Issues With DQS7?
Jul 31, 2012

will not let me edit a job.  its terrifying.  ughhhh. I want dqs 6.1 back. ...

Anybody Start DQS7.1 Today?
Aug 20, 2012

I'm supposed to start work later.  No word from the CCM today. You'd think she would send out a reminder note or some hints or something. Nada. Zip. ...

Formatting Question For DQS7.1
Sep 17, 2012

Just starting DQS7.1 today and wondering about spacing between paragraphs.  In ASR, when the dictator says next paragraph, it goes to the next line.  Is this correct, or do I need to insert a hard return to make a like between the paragraphs?  Anybody know?  Don't want to mess up the formatting.  ...

Is It My MQ Computer Or Is DQS7 Or Parts Of Installed
Dec 29, 2011

I have 1/2 the required RAM, told by a microsoft website techie through a Serv Man ticket that DQS7 has shown to work OK with 890 RAM instead of 2.  The MQ computer is struggling now AGAIN like last time when the system went down with the major upgrade - slow whirring computer, always downloading or updating Kapersky or some mystery software or action.  Speech is so slow I have to wait for it to correct - this especially in long jobs.  Anyone else have these intermittent - but lon ...

Major Snafu With DQS7 Install
May 18, 2012

Back from vacation.  Logged into the new 7 version - would not work.  Tried a few times.  Called Support.  1-1/2 hours - no luck - they will contact Advanced Support.  Will try again tomorrow.  They estimate it will take 2-3 hours to fix it. Meanwhile CCM instructed to do straight typing on version 6.  Like heaven - the old days. Anyone else have this experience ?  TIA !  TGIF !    ...

Anybody Else Supposed To Start DQS7 On Monday?
Sep 12, 2012

I recall getting an email awhile back telling us we were starting DQS7 on 9/17.  But not a word from CCM about training.  How long does the training take?  ...

Just Started DQS7 Only Getting Transcription Jobs, No Speech Rec
Jun 19, 2012

Did I download something wrong, or am I hitting the jackpot and getting all transcription jobs?  This is an account I usually work on and these are usually speech rec jobs... ...

In DQS7.1, Where Is The Expander/macro File? I Can't Find It. Please Help! Nm
Sep 23, 2012

. ...

This White Screen In DQS7 Is Killing Me. Eyes Hurt, Headache.
Oct 19, 2012

In DQS6, where the screen color was determined by what you set Windows colors, I had a nice pale green which is very easy on the eyes. And what's up with the dark grey highlight for SR!? Harder to see the black text underneath. Shesh, these changes from DQS6 where definitely made by people who do not have to look at a computer screen all day. I will never forget the day I was looking for a specific keyboard and the computer salesmen did not comprehend why I was so picky. They had ...

Help Starting
Mar 05, 2010

Hello, I was interested in becoming a MT because I recently became a mom and would like to work from home. Can anyone tell me the best way to get started? Is there a class/ school you recommend? Or is there a book I can study and take a test to get certified? I am financially strapped so which would be the best for me? I currently work in the medical field in the ER as a Doctors Scribe so I have quite a bit of medical terminology. Thanks for your input!  ...

Starting Pay At MQ?
Feb 10, 2011

I just took the lengthy test for Medquist, though I found it pretty easy.   If hired, what can I expect to get paid? ...

Starting Over............
Aug 02, 2013

Has anyone found it incredibly hard to find a job outside the home after working as an IC for a long period of time.  I apply everywhere and never get a call back.  I recently lost my job  as an IC and don't want to even bother with MT work anymore.  I have been spending time online and applying everywhere.  No one wants you to apply in person anymore.  ...

I'm Really Starting To Wonder If
May 05, 2015

Nuance is any better than it's getting around here at MM?  I see they want experienced MTs rather than newbies in one of the ads, so that would sound like they'd expect to have to pay better at least.  I used to think this place was better, but not lately.  Does anyone here work for both currently, or even recently? ...

Starting The Week Off In A Bad Way...
Nov 02, 2009

Two drugs under med list:  s/l peruvian falsa and locaine 1%... ...

Starting New Accts
Jul 01, 2010

I was just wondering how hard is it to find new accounts in order to do medical transcription out of your home?  Just about anyone that I have contacted has the new EMR or they already have someone doing their transcription. ...

Starting Wage ....
Apr 27, 2010

I am considering entering into a MT program with one of the accredited schools, CareerStep.  For those that have went through the CareerStep program, can you tell me (a salary or a range) of what your starting wage is with your first employer? I am looking for responses from MT that are employees not IC.  (I need the health benefits). ...

Anyone Else At Acusis Starting To Wonder If Their
Aug 17, 2010

Are you working harder and longer, only to see your counts going down? What the h___ is going on with this place? ...

Starting At Medquist
Sep 07, 2010

I have a question.  I was hired on at Medquist and was scheduled to start back on August 23.  The radiology account I had been assigned to hadn't gone live yet.  I was then told it would be approximately the second week in September.  Still no word from my supervisor as to a start date for training.  Anyone know of another person on the radiology team I can contact about this.  I have no other names except for my supervisor's name and the name of my recrui ...

Starting Pay At Medquist
Oct 16, 2010

Boy, Medquist is really trying to get my attention! I tested w them prev. but no luck.  Now, I have recd. three voice mails and two emails to get me to retest.  I have a job already for $9.30/hr that I like.  I have read horror stories about Medquist and seasoned employees there having their pay reduced to basically minimal wage. I got taken in by DIT Transcription for 9 weeks, so I am really leery now about being lied to.  What is a good line rate to start out with them if I ...

Starting A Business
Jan 29, 2011

Hi. I am new to MT boards here but wondering about how one would start a home business. I have worked for companies as a subcontractor but wish to advertise for myself and get some work from local doctors on my own. I would likely need a mini transcriber if I have to pick up and drop off tapes, but how does one do it over the internet? Would there be a way to get it through email set up of some kind with audio wav files that they could dictate to and I access it from there and just type and emai ...