A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just started DQS7 only getting transcription jobs, no Speech Rec - SBH

Posted: Jun 19, 2012

Did I download something wrong, or am I hitting the jackpot and getting all transcription jobs?  This is an account I usually work on and these are usually speech rec jobs...

just in the beginning, it changes over fast... - dont get too comfortable

[ In Reply To ..]
:(

Awe shucks, I thought I struck gold. Better make it count then:) NM - SBH

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Similar Messages:

Started DQS7 Today, And Not As Bad.... Smg
Apr 19, 2012

as I thought.   In fact, I did not sleep last night and my stomach was in a knot before I started work this morning.  Basically, I worried myself sick for nothing.  I am glad, however, that I went over the tutorials one more time last evening, so I think that really helped.   Though the screen is visually different, most of the commands are still the same.  The first report was slow going, took about 45 minutes to do because I was being sooooo very caref ...

No Worries About Speech Recognition Taking Our Jobs
Jul 25, 2014

Just a note to all you frustrated MTs who think speech recognition is going to take away all our jobs.  I just had a job today that interpreted general appearance as genital warts!!  When listening, the doctor did obviously say general appearance.  So fear not, I think there will always be a place for MTs in the future!! ...

Medical Transcription, How To Get Started?
Feb 22, 2010

I finally graduated from MT training and wonder if anyone is willing to give a new graduate a beginning chance. I have filled out many applications but the bottom line is that they want 3-5  years of experience. How does one get a foot in the door. Thanks celloman ...

The EPIC Slaughter Of Transcription Has Started.
Dec 29, 2011

Our government mandated and incentivized this to happen. Where was the MT lobby when this slaughter was planned? Now that it's started, everything medical must use EMR by 2016 or face penalties. No one is immune and no one's job is safe or protected. Is there some legal action MTs can take to receive unemployment or re-training benefits. I simply cannot believe that the government would destroy this industry and put millions of mostly women out of work forever.   Can we get some ...

Nuance: Speech Recognition Versus Transcription Line Counts
May 13, 2012

As I was working today I thought about speech versus transcription, and it occurred to me that I was transcribing a good deal in each speech report I "edited." Why is transcription done for a full report paid any differently than transcription done in a speech report? In other words, why don't I get paid my transcription line count for the characters I am transcribing in a speech report, particularly since a great deal of these speech reports require almost re-transcribing completely due to ...

Transcription Jobs
Apr 11, 2013

Looking for a really great company for transcription from home.  Not very happy with current employer.  Who is the best company to work for?  Any recommendations? ...

Psychology Transcription Jobs
Sep 06, 2011

i urge u to inquire about doing transcription at social service agencies. they are overwhelmed with their paperwork. i work for a psychotherapist. he is extremely busy and tells me typing his own notes is one less thing he has to worry about. u can market yourself by telling them they can carry around a hand held dictator and dictate while they are in the car going to their next session. i pick up at the end of the week and finish by the end of the next week. it is a general transcription, few m ...

At Home Transcription Jobs
Aug 11, 2012

I am a medical transcriptionist with 26 years experience.  The company I currently work for (for the past 8 years) is phasing out long-distance teleworkers.  There are so many companies out there.  Can someone give me advice on which ones are the best to work for?  Your help is much appreciated.   ...

Are Transcription Jobs Going Down The Drain?
Oct 25, 2012

I work at home for the local hospital/clinic and have for the last 12 years doing transcription.  Now all of a sudden we switched to a new system and a lot of the doctors are doing voice recognition and we are doing more editing of reports than typing.  Also, I used to work a solid 8 hours a day from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.  Now I have to get up at 4 a.m. to grab work till about 8 a.m., and then there is no work till around noon.  Even after that it is sporadic, hit and miss.&nbs ...

Medical Transcription Jobs
Aug 12, 2013

Does anyone know of any companies out there that are hiring IC MTs?  My one company is very slow and am looking for supplemental work. Thanks so much.  ...

Where Are All The Radiology Transcription Jobs?
Aug 26, 2013

It is just me or does it seems as if the transcription third party companies are focused more on acute care transcription than any other specialty. I have been a radiology transcriptionist for over 20 years. The company I worked for decided to eliminate 13 of us F/T transcriptionists since they converted to VR system and they kept a few aboard. Apparently the radiologists are being trained to edit their own reports. That being said, I'm searching high and low for a F/T position for a radiol ...

Get Medical Transcription Jobs Now .com
Dec 11, 2013

I have tried to click on the jobs on this web site to apply to them and when I click on the "Apply Now" it does not take me to the site. Does anyone know the answer to why this happens? I did not get the impression it is something you have to pay to belong to. Thanks for your help. ...

Have You Noticed All The IC Transcription Jobs
Jun 18, 2015

wanting you to give them a set schedule during set hours and days? Also, how many hours you have to do during those set times? Is that what IC is nowadays? I see the benefit for them, but where's the benefit for me? Am I missing something? ...

Medical Transcription Jobs Scams?
May 18, 2013

Does anyone know of medical transcription jobs scams?   Offering jobs, no contracts, HIPPA or other documentation required or at least not initially.....want SS# but does not need a 1099 signed?  six hour time difference...just checking if anyone knows or has experienced? ...

The Future Of Transcription In India? Think We'll Get Our Jobs Back?
Jan 29, 2013

Wouldn't it be great if we got our jobs back?? Hey, I can dream.... ...

So What Does Everyone Think Of DQS7 By Now?
May 21, 2012

x ...

DQS7.1
Sep 10, 2012

Is anybody else noticing part of ASR missing from DQS7.1 reports? Very frustrating. I feel like I am typing a majority of the report for SR crap pay. ...

Does DQS7.1 Know
Sep 13, 2012

I spend much more time editing than I used to because of no commas in lists of meds, etc. Come on!! I can't believe they couldn't program the *&$# thing better than that. And the HEADER thing!?! Willy-nilly-free-for-all headers. My Rant for Today. Thank you. ...

Transcription Doctors Terminates 16 People Out Of Their Jobs And Shorts Pay.
May 17, 2012

Transcription Doctors terminates 16 people out of their jobs and shorts pay. Today, 16 MT/QA staff were terminated without notice and only when staff began to voice concern with complaints did an email get sent out.  The email briefly mentioned that termination was due to either not working enough hours or poor quality, though this author knows of people who have been shorted on their paychecks when checks were received today and questioned why.  It's not confirmed whether ...

DQS7 Postponed Again
Jan 05, 2012

This company has never, ever introduced new software or a new account that did not have to have its intro postponed.  You would think they might have learned by now not to make any announcements until all the kinks are worked out but no, not MQ.  Yet the MTs have to be 99% accurate.  Everyone else can just goof off. ...

Anyone Having This Problem With DQS7?
May 20, 2012

I have a problem quite often, both in ASR when correcting or straight typing, where for some reason, the text from one line will drop to the next line when it clearly hasn't gotten to the end of the line I'm typing on...leaving only 1/2 line of text.  This happens quite a bit.  Anyone else having this happening?  ...

OMG - DQS7 Training
Jun 24, 2012

Our region is scheduled to start DQS7 in a couple weeks, and we were required to watch the training video - way ahead of our start time. I don't think I'll be able to do this!!  They talk about keystrokes I've never heard of, the fonts in the demo were so small I could barely read anything,   They talked about pushpins I never did find! Is this as awful as it looks?  Getting nervous.     ...

Help -- How Do I Download DQS7?
Jun 27, 2012

Hi -   Hard to teach me new tricks.  Where do I d/l DOQ7?  Thanks. ...

Anybody Starting DQS7.1
Aug 18, 2012

Did the training today. Was he speaking Greek?? I don't think I'll ever remember all of that. ...

Here Is Where To Find DQS7 Tutorials...smg
Apr 20, 2012

Log into MModal email.  Hover over Departments Click on Human Resources On left side of screen choose Learning and Development Then choose MT/ME. Then choose Training. Then choose DocQscribe 7 Two-thirds of way down page are 2 gray boxes that say DQS7 training.  Under those are 4 red highlighted tutorials.  Choose either the ones under the left or right gray bos depending on the resolution of your monitor.  DO NOT open the last one titled DQS7 Confirmation until ...

Not Liking The New DQS7. Too Many Windows
May 15, 2012

on screen, teeny tiny letters when typing (hope I can change this), stupid QA note section at bottom is annoying as he!!. Hope I can adjust quickly cause this is a pain. ...

Anyone Else Having Major Issues With DQS7?
Jul 31, 2012

will not let me edit a job.  its terrifying.  ughhhh. I want dqs 6.1 back. ...

Anybody Start DQS7.1 Today?
Aug 20, 2012

I'm supposed to start work later.  No word from the CCM today. You'd think she would send out a reminder note or some hints or something. Nada. Zip. ...

Formatting Question For DQS7.1
Sep 17, 2012

Just starting DQS7.1 today and wondering about spacing between paragraphs.  In ASR, when the dictator says next paragraph, it goes to the next line.  Is this correct, or do I need to insert a hard return to make a like between the paragraphs?  Anybody know?  Don't want to mess up the formatting.  ...

Is It My MQ Computer Or Is DQS7 Or Parts Of Installed
Dec 29, 2011

I have 1/2 the required RAM, told by a microsoft website techie through a Serv Man ticket that DQS7 has shown to work OK with 890 RAM instead of 2.  The MQ computer is struggling now AGAIN like last time when the system went down with the major upgrade - slow whirring computer, always downloading or updating Kapersky or some mystery software or action.  Speech is so slow I have to wait for it to correct - this especially in long jobs.  Anyone else have these intermittent - but lon ...