A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What the heck happened with the ASR lately! - SUCKS! Adding words not dictated AND

Posted: Jun 05, 2013

My gosh!  I am getting sentences in ASR that the dictator did not dictate and he is an excellent dictator.  Then I get no words that the dictator did dictate. 

I have been changing whole sentences because of crappy words which dictator did not dictate. 

Also the headings are not being put in when clearly the dictator stated:  REVIEW OF SYSTEMS, yet the ASR did not put ANYTHING into the report.

THIS IS BULL CRAP!  GETTING WORSE AND WORSE.  Now this company wants 99.6%?  BULL CRAP! 

Also the dictators/docs do not seem to care about their dictation.  They yack and yack with others near them, laughing with them, and carrying on conversations for 3 minutes while the ASR tries to figure out what they are saying and putting it into the report. 

Just getting worse and worse. 

For example. Just a little sample - of a major problem with ASR.

[ In Reply To ..]
ASR: He lives in today with adjusting her levothyroxine once a day. He has to get a TSH today.

SHOULD BE: We have been adjusting her levothyroxine, and she is actually past due to get a TSH done.

This is the way the ASR I receive has always been since DQS7. - new to you?

[ In Reply To ..]
I even had one OP report that had an entire paragraph that was never dictated. Scary part was it was congruent with the surgery being done.

As far as talking to others while dictating, I report those doctors to my TSM and QAL. It is a dangerous practice.

This is new for this particular dictator. I was on DQS - for 2 decades.

[ In Reply To ..]
I had to be switched to Cornerstone over a year ago. This is new for this PARTICULAR DICTATOR to have that many issues.

It's the software developers bright idea to replace us (sm) - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]
It is a fallacy that the MT can be replaced with SR. They can replace our hands (somewhat) but a brain is required to create medical reports. The only way around that is for doctors to do their own editing and corrections which will never happen.

I find completely sentences that were never dictated and entire sentences left out that were very clearly dictated. The software (which does not have a brain) counts the number of times a dictator says a specific phrase, and when that number goes above a certain number of times, it just inserts that phrase into all reports for that particular surgery or report type. Yes, it is dangerous. Can you imagine how this will affect patient care if they think they can just leave the reports unedited to save money?

I wish they'd try - dont you?

[ In Reply To ..]
wouldn't that be hilarious if they said okay, we've got SR where it's almost perfect and we don't need you anymore?

What theyll do - Mt

[ In Reply To ..]
No they will say we have it almost perfect...we still need editors but cutting the line rate down to 1cent a line...lol

Similar Messages:

Why The Heck Am I On A Different BOB
Feb 12, 2010

WHAT THE HECK!!!! I am working on a different account and NOT MY BOB which seems to be permenantly for the last few days.  My BOB has been low, but there was plenty of work yesterday and this morning on MY BOB and yet I am on a different BOB?  To top it all, I see others working on MY ACCOUNTS!!!!!  DANG IT!!!! If I am to work on other different accounts while others are on MY ACCOUNTS, I would rather work at the movie theater where my son works and get PAID MORE and HAVE FUN at ...

TTD New Job Ad. What The Heck? They Just Let 16 Of Us Go
May 23, 2012

on Chartnet, which is what we were all fired from.  Amy and Dawn have some nerve to post a job ad right after firing a bunch of people. BE WARNED! Do NOT work for this fly by night company. You will be shorted on your paychecks or not receive them at all and you'll end up with your ID disabled with NO notice.  This happened in March when 31 people were let go and again this week where 16 people were let go all from Chartnet.  So, they're doing the same thing YET AGAIN ...

OK So What The Heck Is This
Jan 11, 2015

ASR: I a Zoll of ominous. or in human terms History of Present Illness.. ...

To Heck
Mar 12, 2015

new PC, new accounst, so far so bad.  i'm going to watch the berry college eagles instead.  watching these eagles has been the high point of my life lately.  everything else just sucks. ...

The Heck With You
Mar 26, 2015

According to the incessant job status reports, we are not even behind! Insanity! ...

Where The Heck Do You
Apr 06, 2015

I'm lost in the Inner Circle maze and can't find it.  TIA ...

MME? What The Heck Is A Naris?
Jan 28, 2010

Okay - I know it is the singular (Latin version) of nares, but I've never in my entire MT career seen it used. Is this a new thing now? Just seems wrong - especially when the standard for that OP procedure has it as nares. Then again, most of the standards are incorrect too. BOUYA!! This has probably already been discussed on this board somewhere -- just wondering if anyone actually types naris? ...

What The Heck? Are You Kidding Me?
Sep 08, 2010

So I get this report, a LONG REPORT.  I type it, I download it, and it is sent off and I get the next job.  I start typing away and in 2 minutes I get this error message stating you will lose this file or something and boom, everything goes away and I am out of the system.  I am supposed to be typing during my shift.   Then I go back in again and I get 3 jobs reserved to me and the is the same dang report LONG REPORT that I just did and they want me to do it all over again? ...

Uh...what Or Who The Heck Is Cornerstone?
Mar 08, 2011

x ...

What The Heck Does La Soltera Mean
Aug 16, 2011

?????? ...

What The Heck Is Going On Today
Oct 27, 2014

Either I went deaf overnight or the inconsiderates are out in full force for Halloween..I cannot understand the majority of my reports. This is so not me. Mumbling, grumpling, slurring, seem to be the latest thing. I hate it here so much, I gotta get out of this place. ...

What The Heck? New Service Area For SA5-6?
Jan 26, 2010

What?  Anyone else?  I have to copy my dictionary and expansions.  Cannot call support for this.  Have to do it on your own.  Want it done in a couple of days.  They give you an option to go to a special webinar for dates Januar 20, 21 and 25th? HELLO?????  I JUST GOT THIS EMAIL THIS MORNING AND I DO BELIEVE IT IS THE 26th.  Gosh!  GET ME OUT OF THIS COMPANY!!!  I HAVE HAD IT!!!!  IT SUCKS!!!!  ...

What The Heck Are All These Ticket E-mails About?
Aug 10, 2010

You have to do the QCare thing when you get NJA.  Then, they send you a ticket number.  Great.  What do you do with the stupid ticket number?  Are you entered in a drawing?  Do they pick random ticket numbers and award the winner some work? Then, days later, you get another e-mail saying it is resolved? What the heck is that about?  Who resolved what?  Did the QCare staff magically send me work?  Do they get some award off of my ticket number for the fast ...

Is It Me? This 6.1 Tutorial Is Confusing As Heck.
Sep 04, 2010

I'm trying to follow it, but the headings section is giving me a major headache.  Why are they even messing with this stuff? The numbering thing was the only thing that seemed worth it, but once I got through the tutorial, it realized it's not saving me much time.  The ONLY thing it's saving me from is writing the:  1., 2., 3....I still have to separate and list them.  I just finished the document check process.  It's just overwhelming.  One t ...

Who The Heck Owns Proscript Anyhow?
Dec 03, 2012

Who the heck owns Proscript anyhow? ...

What The Heck Does Shrinking Cost Base Mean.
Aug 19, 2010

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:aRYbCNbTPgQJ:www.marketwatch.com/story/medquist-reports-second-quarter-2010-results-with-revenue-up-26-primarily-due-to-spheris-asset-acquisition-in-april-2010-2010-08-11+medquist+restructuring&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a   The following results for both the three months and six months ended June 30, 2010 include the Spheris results from the acquisition date. Prior to its acquisition, Spheris had been ...

Hey, Forget All You Guys, I Am Writing Me One Heck Of An Essay.
Mar 22, 2010

Hey, MQ, Oh I love FRT this week, but after April 2, 2010 all bets are off baby!!!!!    I love FTR.  I love it.  No really.  I do.  I like it because, um, it is like a bright shiny star in the sky.  Or, um, maybe, I like it because it rolls like a bowling ball!!  Yeah!! That's the ticket!  Rollin along with FTR, like a bowling ball, like a pool ball, like the big blue ball that is earth, like the round ball classic, like the wheels on an 1 ...

I Swear They Make Up Words - Colicolic? Colecolic? What The Heck?
Sep 14, 2010

xxxxx ...

How The Heck Does A Company Sell For 1.1 Billion Dollars But Can't Pay Its Employees More???nm
Jul 06, 2012

x ...

Has This Happened To You?
Dec 21, 2009

I just wondered...has anyone ever made a mistake on a report (which was your fault and you readily admit you screwed up) and get an email stating:  please explain why you made that mistake because the client is waiting for an explanation??!!!  WTH?  Yes, I purposely made that error because I wanted too?  I enjoy making critical errors?  My error was most likely a keystroke error that I failed to catch..I admit it.  I try to be as careful as possible but I am human. ...

What Happened To Me?
Apr 21, 2010

I started my bartending class yesterday.. first time I have done anything outside the house in 7 years.  I was terrified. I don't think I really realized how isolating and stressful working for the Q at home really was.  I had almost forgotten what it was like to interact with real people, doing something that was real and down to earth. But I had a wonderful time, terrified though I was.  I still feel like I've been totally reborn, and I am so relieved to be out of th ...

Has This Happened To You? What To Do?
May 06, 2010

I just to recently switched to a whole new region, supervisor and QA supervisor with 3 days notice because of ONE particular account I transcribe on. I had been typing the previous accounts for over 5 years. Since the switch two weeks ago,  I have now TEN new accounts that I type for with all new CP's, set-ups and dictators; however, I have noted AT ALL the account for which I had previously typed which was the reason I was transferred in the first place!! Furthermore, there& ...

What Happened?
Jun 21, 2010

DocQScribe froze trying to download next report.  Tried to check Q E-mail while I was waiting and it is "not available."  Am I the last to know something? ...

Has This Ever Happened To You?
Oct 11, 2010

Occasionally when I'm doing an ASR report and insert a QA marker the yellow cursor marker will go away and the cursor goes to the end of the report.  Then I have to scroll back through the report to find my place and if I lift my foot off the foot pedal it happens again.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  It's irritating on a really long report.  TIA. ...

What Has Happened To MT'ing?
Jun 14, 2011

(I am not a "suit." :-) ) I would like to know from some of you what is the going rate now (really) for lines per hour or hourly pay and if there are even steady hours anymore. I just can't believe that this "profession" has gone downhill so much and downhill so quickly in even the last 5 years. I wonder what the next 5 years will look like or if there will even be MTs? If anyone has left the "profession" because they just can't make a living doing this anymore, what are you doing n ...

What Happened To The Job Ad
Jul 03, 2012

that was just on there earlier and now it's gone? I was going to send an email, came back to get the address and the posting is gone. Must have hired someone already? ...

What Do You Think Might Have Happened...
Jan 07, 2013

When I signed on this morning, I pulled down 3 reports.  I did the first one and went back to find just one left.  What happened to the other report?  Please let me know if you know.  Thanks ...

What Happened To JG?
Jan 24, 2013

I am curious to know if you got any responses to your emails.  ...

Anyone Know What Happened
Jan 28, 2013

to DF with MDI? Is she still there somewhere on board with Nuance. Wonder what she thinks about all of this, not that it really matters at this point, just curious... ...

Anyone Know What Happened With
Mar 01, 2013

Transcend law suit? I haven't seen it mentioned recently and wondered if it was still going on or settled. Anyone know? ...