A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is MModal Currently Hiring Straight Typers or VR Personnel - Need a Job Bad

Posted: Sep 04, 2014

I am not seeing much at all on the job seekers board.

I was not unhappy at MedQuist.

So, I extrapolate that I may not be that unhappy at MModal either and that I hear a lot of the bad and not enough of the good.

What do you think?

-Shell

Almost all of the work we have is VR. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Don't do it-MModal - Ticked

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe MModal is slowly phasing out their MTs/HDS's....I've had absolutely NO work going on 4 days now...heard it's all being shipped to India....not that they'll tell US that...or ANYTHING, for that matter!

Not happy at MM, MQ much better before MM - pennies

[ In Reply To ..]
99% VR, 4 cents a line = minimum wage for many of us. There are a few pockets of good VR and those lucky dogs earn good money.

If you have good VR - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You wont have it for long..As soon as an account is "good enough" it goes overseas..We are training ourselves out of a job, lost my hospital to India about a year ago,,plugging along on a crap account, noticing it making improvements, and Ill be on to the next..Unless...I can manage to get out of here.

Similar Messages:

SoftScript Hiring For Straight Transcription
Jul 20, 2014

SoftScript hiring for straight transcription with $600/$1200 sign on bonuses. Does anyone work for them that can give me some info.? What does trans pay? Do you run out of work, how many lines to you do a day, would need 1200 at least myself at 7 or 8 cents to pay the bills. Please give me ANY info. you can. Thanks! ...

Anyone Know Of Companiy Hiring For Straight Typing ?
Nov 29, 2014

Looking for a company that offers straight typing. Any leads are much appreciated! ...

Are There Any Companies Hiring P/t That Still Offer Straight Transcription (no VR)?
Dec 16, 2012

Looking for p/t straight transcription with a reliable company.  Are there any left that don't require VR? ...

Can You Ever Get Productive On MModal In The Straight Typing Mode?
Dec 14, 2011

Can you ever get productive on MModal in the straight typing mode?  Having to ctl+N and Ctl+shift+N for every header just doesn't seem productive.  Can anyone make the same lph in MModal as they do in a decent platform?  Thanks.  I really don't understand the "brains" (or lack of them) behind these programmers than design these programs. ...

Mmodal Is Still Hiring
Mar 11, 2013

has anyone else noticed that mmodal is stilling hiring entry-level trans on job boards? so they won't have to pay them anything but a bag of peanuts and some bread and water, this company is a joke ...

MModal Hiring Time
Apr 30, 2012

I recently applied and tested for MModal. Anyone know how long it takes to hear back after your test? Or how long it takes from applying to getting hired? ...

MModal Hiring Outsourced? Since When?
Jul 18, 2012

Looking at MModal website and it used to have a careers link.  I don't see that anymore, but on the contact page it looks to me like hiring is now being done at a place called TheRightThingInc.Com.  ...

Are There Companies That Provide Computer Besides MModal? Have Heard Precyse Isn't Hiring. NM
Mar 09, 2014

xx ...

Silent Typers - Cheering Section Of ST?
Jan 03, 2013

big high-5 to those who covered the holidays - now its back to the normal for ST with NO WORK even though they tell you there is plenty of work - and how about those bonuses THAT YOU COULDN'T GET because of NO WORK! can we hear from the cheering section of ST? ...

Silent Typers - Anticipating No/not Enough Work Tomorrow?
Jun 10, 2012

How wrong is it that I'm feeling sick to my stomach anticipating no/not enough work tomorrow?  I guess it's time to throw in the towel because the toll this is going to take on my health and my economic security is too large, and it doesn't look like Silent Type either cares or is doing anything to get us work. ...

To All The Military Personnel And Families....
May 30, 2011

On this day and everyday, I am and will forever be in your debt for the sacrifice your husbands, brothers, fathers, sisters, aunts, uncles, wives and that of your families as you support them in their duties as they serve and protect our great nation.  I know this is not enough to repay all that you do, but THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.        ...

Checked Team Metrics For Personnel Changes
Feb 05, 2015

Checked listing from end of November and then the last one last week and found there were 1 less numbers listed. I thought more might have quit.  I guess the ones who did weren't under my TSM.  We have it pretty good compared to some. I mostly did this to see if new people were added to our team and causing low work but that doesn't seem to be it. Low work today... OOW and had too much time on my hands I guess. ...

In General Section Of Exam: He Is Here Today With "blin Or Blend" Support Personnel
Oct 31, 2013

Insulin-dependent diabetes. Heart attack. ESRD on HD on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. History of bilateral BKA secondary to diabetes. Pulmonary hypertension. CHF. ...

Straight Up....
Jan 04, 2011

This board is full of so many negatives about Medquist.  Can anyone tell me anything GOOD about Medquist? TIA ...

ASR Vs Straight
Jan 28, 2014

Noticing today that I am doing a LOT more typing than editing.  Hoping this is NOT the new trend.  Also, whole paragraphs added that were not dictated.  It just keeps getting more and more complicated. ...

Please, Let's Get This Straight.
Dec 07, 2014

Nuance is doing YOU, the MT, no favor when they say they willl pay the minimum wage.  They are REQUIRED by federal law to pay you the minimum wage based upon your state's minimum wage rate.  If you think that you will drop below minimum wage because of #s of reports sent to QA, errors, or whatever, understand by federal law, Nuance has no choice but to pay up, they cannot skirt it.  It is s a federal law!  There are a lot of erroneous posts on here.  Please do your ...

Straight Away Gait?
Feb 04, 2010

Gait was a bit unsteady on tandem, but was not diagnostic on the straight away gait ...

I'm Back - Now Let Me Get This Straight
Aug 19, 2010

I never intended to be back with MQ, but they bought the company I work for.  Now do I understand correctly that since I've been gone MQ has eliminated ALL bonus and/or incentive pay? ...

Who Has Straight Typing ...
Sep 21, 2010

NM ...

ASR Vs Straight Typing
Oct 15, 2010

Got new accounts for the last 2 weeks that are not ASR (yet) so have been doing about 90% straight typing.  I have been averaging about $20 more per day than when I do ASR.  They can sell whatever snake oil they want, I can type faster and make more money straight typing than I can with their much-touted fabulous ASR --- EVEN ON BRAND NEW UNFAMILIAR ACCOUNTS.  ...

Straight-leg Testing ?
Nov 03, 2010

Hyphen or no hyphen?  I am finding both ways.  Thanks for any help! ...

Are Any Of You Transcribing Straight Into EMR?
Dec 29, 2010

I was wondering if any of you are transcribing straight into EMR and if you are, how does that work? How different is it to standard MT? Do you use it in conjunction with VR? Do you work for a large or small hospital, clinic, or physician's office? Specialty? Anything else I forgot to ask?  LOL ...

What Is Straight Typing?
Jul 07, 2011

I'm just a tad embarrassed but I need to ask.  I just applied for a job that is "straight typing" but I don't know what that means.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks. ...

Ok....give It To Me STRAIGHT!
Dec 07, 2011

I have been considering going to Andrews to become an MT for and I have never done it because I get on these boards and get scared to death! I have worked in the Medical field for 13 years (as a clinical tech and surgery....included in that is some limited transcription and scribing). I now stay home with my kids. I have one in school and the other in pre-school. I would love to be an MT because I love the medical field and I would love something I can do from home. I do not expect to get rich. ...

Is 8 Cpl For Straight Transcription As An IC Too Low?
Dec 17, 2011

I'm looking to transition from being an employee to an IC postion.  I've been offered 8 cpl for straight transcription.  Is this the new going rate, or should I hold out for more?  I've got about 9 years of experience.  Thanks! ...

Looking For Straight Transcription Job
May 04, 2012

Does anyone know of a company that is hiring for straight transcription? My job recently changed over to speech recognition and my pay has been cut almost in half because of it. ...

TTD - Setting It Straight
Jun 10, 2012

I used to work there for approx. a year or so, before it really went down the toilet. I believe that sheer GREED set it and that's when it went downhill. Although I no longer work there, I have kept contact with some pretty reliable people. There are "100s" who are on the books to work; however, they work when they want, IF they want - there is absolutely no consistency to schedule or hours or days, nothing. Thus, the need to have that many people; the HOPE that someone will be working ...

Does Anyone Here Do Straight VR Editing For TTS?
Jun 19, 2012

Wondering how many lines you are able to do per hour. I have not done only VR editing before and am not sure I can make enough $ at it. TIA your replies. ...

Straight Transcription
Oct 17, 2012

Are there any transcription companies out there that still use straight transcription that are hiring? ...

Does OTI Have VR And Straight Typing?
Jan 10, 2013

I am currently straight typing and hate it, so I'm looking for a VR job with some straight typing thrown in every now and then.  Thank you! ...