A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Silent Typers - cheering section of ST? - ssdd

Posted: Jan 03, 2013

big high-5 to those who covered the holidays - now its back to the normal for ST with NO WORK even though they tell you there is plenty of work - and how about those bonuses THAT YOU COULDN'T GET because of NO WORK! can we hear from the cheering section of ST?

Rah rah rah - ST MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Guess I'll have to find something else to do again today, so sick of this. It seems pretty obvious that she doesn't care if we make any money or not, but then we're the ones who lose on bonuses and benefit days.

Rah rah rah - ssdd

[ In Reply To ..]
no exactly what you mean, didn't get bonus or paid for x-mas or NY's day because up until the last 2 days of the pay period you have worked 16 hours a day just to get the minimum to be paid for the holidays and the last 2 days you get nothing and lose the holiday pay. They still have the nerve to tell people they provide paid vacations and holidays. The PTO benefit is crap. You are suppose to earn so much each pay period, but the first pay period you can't make at least minimum pages (all because of no work) you lose what you have earned. So you tell me - WHERE IS YOUR MOTIVATION to produce for the company?

this may sound harsh, but - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you read other postings on here, other MTSOs are also low on work, it's the hazard of the industry, goes with this time of year. As far as bonuses and holiday pay, can you name another company that offers these? Holiday pay is practically unheard of. As far as motivation to produce for the company? The motivation is that it is your job. Be thankful you have one.
this is harsh - mt20years
[ In Reply To ..]
I call Bull_hit. I am not happy to have a job that abuses its workers. Trying everything to get out of MT. So, no, it doesn't sound harsh, kinda stupid maybe to be thankful for a company that abuses.

I have no motivation since the big 2 took over.
to mt20years - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been an MT for much longer than 20 years, I've seen it all, but the current state of the economy and the health care industry overall is uncharted territory. I don't see abuse here, I see a small MTSO trying to stay afloat and doing whatever it has to in order to stay in business and thus preserve our jobs. Yes, I am thankful for my job. It may not be what I had 15-20 years ago, but those days are long gone.
Continuous low work was not a hazard until the big 2 took over sm - !
[ In Reply To ..]
No offense, but I beg to differ! Up until December of 2011, we had holiday pay PLUS earned PTO at Webmedx. We also were paid time and half for working holidays. Sure, we had work slow downs on the day after the holiday usually....not for weeks leading up to and past the holiday . This is all baloney. The major reason we have no work is because the big 2 are fanatics about overhiring and TAT. If my supervisor sees 15 jobs on the backlog, he thinks there is lots of work to go around all our accounts. If he sees 50 jobs, OMG, stop the presses, it is the end of the world. What irritates me most is seeing ICs plugging away when employees are running out of work. No, I'm not thankful to be making minimum wage when I made double and triple minimum wage at least a year ago. Same accounts. I signed on with a schedule. Where the heck is my work?
I'm confused. This thread is about Silent Type. I don't know what company you are talkin - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
What does the big 2 have to do with it?
For Confused. sm - !
[ In Reply To ..]
I was commenting on the post about other companies not having holiday pay, lack of work, etc.. I was pointing out that yes, indeed, we did have holiday pay until the big 2 took over. Now all the other companies have to compete with the big 2 for clients. That drives our pay and benefits down.
big 2 - oh, now I get it!
[ In Reply To ..]
You're exactly right. The small MTSOs are suffering due to the greedy actions of the big 2, thus their employees are suffering. The smaller companies who are bravely trying to stick it out should be applauded, not accused of bullying or greed.
low work - mt20years
[ In Reply To ..]
I think the beg to differ poster says it all. It doesn't matter how long you have been doing this, the MONEY I used to make is being swallowed up by the MTSO because they are greedy. SORRY BUT I WILL NOT ACCEPT THAT. I am 50+ years old and plan to go back to school. I would rather shovel crap than work for theives.

I'm glad that you are accepting of their bull, but I don't roll over and take it that well.

Also, my supervisor is the same way as the poster commented. OMG, if there are more than 20 jobs, she freaks out. And you can never reach her and you have to email an entire loop of people to get a single thing done cause she is always busy, on vacation, taking PTO, geez, does it ever stop?????

I signed on with a schedule too, and I do not work even 1 minute over to make up for work that is supposed to be there when I am working. They MADE me give them a schedule. I was flexible until then.

Also, my TL knows nothing about what the client wants (neither does QA). All the middle people between me and the dictation, what a joke!! My money is going in their pockets.

MT20 years - Long-time MT2
[ In Reply To ..]
Do you want a little cheese with that whine?
this may sound harsh, but -sm - ssdd
[ In Reply To ..]
You MISS THE POINT!! That being, don't tell your employees they get PTO time or bonuses and don't lie to them about the amount of work that is available and then pentalize them for milking the system 12+ hours a day trying to get the minimum, because they are trying to earn those benefits.

Also, you really are missing the point if you think employees should be grateful for being lied to by the company owner or any representative thereof. If they dont' have the work, then they should be honest and say so. Another benefit is unemployment?? HELLO...if the work is drying up, then why don't they do like other companies and downsize, at least the employees know where they stand. Like you, I have been in this business a loooooooooong time too and I know it has its highs and lows for workflow; but lets be HONEST to ourselves at least, the low work volume has been going on at ST for more than the holidays...can I hear at least 9 months!! So no you don't sound harsh to me, you sound misinformed. GOOD LUCK TO YOU..be thankful for your job.

No job or a job with no work..the bills still do not get paid...so the harsh reality is "it is the same thing". No pay check. Thankful, I don't think so.
ST - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, if that wasn't obviously Miss M.

yep, glad I got out of there - ex-STMT

[ In Reply To ..]
After being promised benefits and PTO based on production, and then never being able to reach those goals because of NJA... and always worried about being fired for not making my minimum counts, I left and found a good job where I'm making decent money. The last few months I was at ST I couldn't even pay my bills. She never bothered to tell us why the work suddenly dried up, and then made some promise of good news last summer that never materialized. She dangled a carrot that was always just out of reach. I'm so much happier now!

ex-STMT - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you find another job doing Hem/Onc? I've been looking and sending resumes, but haven't found anything yet. By the way, the "good news" wasn't so great.

Similar Messages:

Silent Typers - Anticipating No/not Enough Work Tomorrow?
Jun 10, 2012

How wrong is it that I'm feeling sick to my stomach anticipating no/not enough work tomorrow?  I guess it's time to throw in the towel because the toll this is going to take on my health and my economic security is too large, and it doesn't look like Silent Type either cares or is doing anything to get us work. ...

Is MModal Currently Hiring Straight Typers Or VR Personnel
Sep 04, 2014

I am not seeing much at all on the job seekers board. I was not unhappy at MedQuist. So, I extrapolate that I may not be that unhappy at MModal either and that I hear a lot of the bad and not enough of the good. What do you think? -Shell ...

Gyn - CS Section
Oct 12, 2010

s/l Lexus O retractor ??? ...

Name Of Retractor Used In C-section
Apr 12, 2010

In a C-section -- dictates:  the midline revealed the peritoneum which was entered, extended superiorly and inferiorly and a s/l leksus O retractor was placed.    Thanks ...

In Labs Section
Oct 07, 2010

Right after total bilirubin doc says what s/l t-time or t-timer 1446.   Thanks! ...

C-section Op Report
Jan 04, 2011

Pre adn post op diagnoses are:  A 38 week pregnancy. A previous cesarean section. Early labor.  There is also mention of cervical stenosis.  Dr. ESL and I am new so struggling with this paragraph. She has a significant history of having had a previous primary low transverse cesarean section in October, 2005 for ______ ( s/l  arrested descent) with labor and _______ (s/l  arrested debilitation) despite an extensive _____ ( s/l  trial) of labor. The ...

Pregnancy/c-section
Jan 24, 2011

s/l "Schwom of clear fluid..."   I'm stumped!! ...

Dr. Is Doing A Caesarean Section
Jun 01, 2011

Dr. is doing a Caesarean section.  I can't get get a good sound of type type of retractor - sounds like "biliary" ??  Thanks ...

C-section S/l Curr--any OB MTs Know This?
Feb 07, 2013

Doc says "repeat c-section s/l curr." Are there different techniques for C sections? I know there are different techniques for practically everything, but i rarely type OB reports so I'm not sure. Any OB expert who can help me out? ...

Abbreviations In INDICATIONS SECTION
Nov 16, 2009

Hello.  I was just wondering, are abbreviations allowed in the INDICATIONS section of a surgical report?  Thank you!   ...

Are We Not Allowed To Put ('s) In The Nickname Section?
Dec 16, 2009

Everytime I try to respond to someone and put a ('s) like if I put "plumber's wife" or something like that in the Nickname section on post a message, and go to send it I get an error and it will not send. Now if I remove the ('s) then it sends.  Happen to anyone else? ...

Physical Exam Section
Feb 10, 2010

S/l he is saying "scariotristic???? changes of the skin" ...

S/l P3 Rhom - Preg Pt To Have C-section
Dec 22, 2010

nm ...

S/l Marsue Procedure During C-section
Jan 20, 2011

she used this procedure for delivering the infant ...

Just Took A Typing Test And Did Bad On One Section...
Jan 20, 2011

I so badly needed to slow the dictation down but was not able to. I listened to two places a million times and just could not make out what the heck he was saying. Had to leave 2 blanks. That is going to look absolutely horrible.  Rrrrrg, so disappointed. ...

Section For New Opportunties; Branching Out From MT
May 05, 2012

Could there also be a section on this website for "New Opportunties for MT skills" or the like?  Or "What comes next" where people could share what they are working on for the future?     ...

S/l Sertropal Benz (in The HEENT Section)
Mar 08, 2010

NM ...

George Cohen Maneuver? C-section
Oct 26, 2010

Dictator says, "The s/l George Cohen maneuver was performed to separate the rectus muscles and to dilate the fascia." ...

Words In Lab Section, Sounds Like Iron IBC?
Feb 21, 2011

ferritin, iron IBC, iron sat percent pending.    Is there such a lab?   Thanks! ...

CNM/OB Report In ROS GU Section S/l Lightenings X2 Days? Thanks!
Mar 12, 2011

.. ...

Obard Or Ovard Retractor Used During C Section
Feb 22, 2012

I cannot find this, does anyone have any ideas of what it is, placed in abdomen peritoneum was opened. ...

In HEENT Section? Palpable Cords?
Sep 05, 2012

I've heard of palpable cords plenty of times when examining the extremities, but this time under HEENT, doc says "His mucous membranes are moist. His temples had no *s/l palpable cords* and nontender to palpation. Pupils equal, round, and reactive..." Is this correct? ...

S/l Silchi Clip For Tubal Ligation After C-section
Nov 25, 2012

nm ...

What BPMH Standards For Under Medication Section On LHSC In Canada?
Jan 13, 2014

Anyone know what BPMH standards for under medication section on LHSC in Canada? S/L  "Please see the BPMH" under the medication section. ...

Job From Silent Type Sm
Dec 15, 2010

I am wondering what the pay for minute dictation versus line dictation calculates to.  What would be a good pay for minute dictation.  If there are any Silent Type employees who read this board, please email me and let me know what to expect on an offer from them that would be good?  Thanks! ...

Silent Type?
Sep 26, 2011

Can anyone give me info on Silent Type, either on the board or by e-mail? Would like to know about steady work flow, general idea about line rates, if they provide equipment, straight typing versus VR, weekends required, and do they still require you to train on site at your own expense and if so when is that reimbursed?  Any current info would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks in advance. ...

Silent Type. Yay Or Nay?
Mar 15, 2012

Before I entirely commit myself to what seems to me to be their rather intricate and involved application process, would love to hear what others have experienced with them.  I am a long-time MT (20+ years).  I have been around the block but am not a job hopper, so I am looking for a long-term employer.  Thanks! ...

Silent Type UEB
Jun 18, 2012

Have any of you filed for unemployment benefits yet?  I am only getting enough work for about 15 hours a week, if that.  Just curious if anyone has filed for UEB and, if so, did Silent dispute the claim. ...

Silent Type MTs - Nm
Jul 03, 2012

deleted ...

Silent Type MTs
Feb 14, 2014

Do the latest emails mean we are officially part time? Who can live on this? ...