A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ideas for new comp plan - broken promises

Posted: Aug 15, 2012

Since it is obvious the new comp plan isn't done maybe we could give them help and point in the right direction.  I would love to hear what everyone thinks, good or bad. 

Would you rather get paid hourly or by the line?

How about a shift differential for the weekend?

What about extra money per report for those accounts with multiple carbon copies and tedious demographic screens?

Some companies consider FT and offer benefits at 32 hours, would that be something anyone would be interested in?  I know I would.

How about a 12-hour window to complete our 8-hour shift?  How about no schedule at all?

I think decreasing us all to 8 and 4 is a death sentence on the industry.  It also speaks volumes that there is no respect for experience or knowledge and we truly then are just typers.  This company should be the leader and pay what we are worth, not follow what the other companies are doing. I also think the company should be more choosy about who they hire.  We all have seen the reports in report lookup.  Embarassing.

The line rates have not been increased since we went to employee status in 2006.  I am sure all of the corporate people have had raises since then.  If the company does not want to raise the line rate what if they would pay out more PTO or bump the benefit rate up to compensate?

I know the company thinks we are disgruntled stupid employees, but we are not.  We have great ideas but no one is listening.  You know they read the boards. 

One more thought - broken promises

[ In Reply To ..]
The weekend situation drives me crazy. We need a rotating schedule so people are not stuck every weekend. PTO requests are continually denied on weekends and that is just not fair. Would employees be willing to work every 3rd weekend or every other weekend?

We have enough employees to work every 4th - CRAZY CORP. IDEAS

[ In Reply To ..]
And if not... let the work sit there until Monday because we all know how slow Mondays are.

Let the work sit til Monday?? Ever hear of TAT? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
history lesson - for you
[ In Reply To ..]
This instantaneous TAT is to try to one-up the competition. That is all. Yes, the reports can wait till Monday. Darn near every job I had in my 20 year career allowed a 48 hour TAT on reports, that is until companies tried to buy eachother out in the hopes of shifting all the work to India.

Whatever. When you SIGNED with MM, you signed up for TAT - as they want it. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I didnt sign with MM, I signed with TL a hundred years ago - and was thrown into MM
[ In Reply To ..]
TAT became a factor last year when the CCMs got bonuses and FAT CATS used it to obtain clients.
Yes, you did sign with MM. As a bought out MT, I know - all must sign MM contract. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
No, I did not sign an MM contract. - I signed a MQ contract
[ In Reply To ..]
back in 2006. That was the last. Then, there was no 100% TAT. I also had just 1 account then, not 40. I also had no ASR and made triple the money I do now.

Dont tell me what I signed.
MM, MQ they are the same thing. When contract changes and you keep - working, you are agreeing to changes. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
You want to work for MTSO with 48 hour TAT? Give notice - to MM and try to find such a MTSO. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I said that is the way it was, until mergers and India - history lession
[ In Reply To ..]
Comprehension 101
Exactly right - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I have 20+ years' experience. BEFORE the offshoring and corporate MTSOs under-bidding and low-balling the good companies with Cheaper Rates! and Faster Turnaround! descended, turn-around was NOT 24 hours, especially routine visits. If doctors wanted it quickly, they dictated it stat or hand-wrote it in the chart and dictated later. Simple as that. I should add that I worked in-hospital directly with doctors for an acute care facility (500+ physicians) and REAL stats would be things like transcribed documentation that a patient needed to take with them, emergency surgery, a letter that needed to go out ASAP, etc.

Around ten years ago when these MTSOs changed the industry to corporate/money/business/greed is when this changed because THEY promised it in order to win contracts. Now every MT company has to do the same to compete, and it has become expected.
This was called capitation, implemented in the early 90s - Banshee
[ In Reply To ..]
Basically, it is when hospitals and the healthcare system became a 'business' (or shifting of business risk = MORE PROFIT) and no longer as they were originally intended, to help the poor (http://www.naph.org/Homepage-Sections/Explore/History.aspx), or Hospital: It may seem unnecessary to define a "hospital" since everyone knows the nature of a hospital. A hospital began as a charitable institution for the needy, aged, infirm, or young.

'The word "hospital" comes from the Latin "hospes" which refers to either a visitor or the host who receives the visitor. From "hospes" came the Latin "hospitalia", an apartment for strangers or guests, and the medieval Latin "hospitale" and the Old French "hospital." It crossed the Channel in the 14th century and in England began a shift in the 15th century to mean a home for the elderly or infirm or a home for the down-and-out.

"Hospital" only took on its modern meaning as "an institution where sick or injured are given medical or surgical care" in the 16th century. Other terms related to hospital include hospice, hospitality, hospitable, host, hostel and hotel. The Hotel-Dieu, a name often given to a hospital in France during the Middle Ages, is the hotel (of) God.'

~ Personally, in my opinion, I believe the name should be changed. We have no more "hospitals" because bottom line they are businesses, and businesses who are interested in making profit more than helping people. This is evidenced by simply taking Medical Transcription and watching it deteriorate as it has - going to the 'lowest' bidder.

This capitation was planned for years at the hospital I worked at; in fact, we had employee 'around-the-clock' meetings explaining the changes that were coming. Soon after, over 150 employees were let go in 1 day, from all departments and began the outsourcing of ancillary departments. Doctors no longer had a say in patient care, that is probably the worst thing I can see out of it. Every single element of so-called patient care is decided upon by statistics (based on region) and by the DRG Coders, insurance companies. Your care is only dependent upon that, period.
I worked directly for a hospital for 10yrs AND WE HAD - 1hr TAT on H&Ps, 2hr TATs on
[ In Reply To ..]
Consultations, 4hr TATs on OP notes, 12hr TATs on discharges.

Work CANNOT SIT UNTIL MONDAY. What good would any workers be they could not meet TAT whether you work for a company or directly for the facility there always has and always will be turn around times. That is extremely important in patient care.

Also stats require 1hr turnaround time. They need those H&Ps in the patients chart or EMR before they can take them to surgery, if no time and its an emergency procedure they hand write one and dictate it later. TAT is extremeley important in this business.

Maybe clinic work can sit till Monday, but not acute care hospital work.
weekend incentive and rotating shifts - broken promises
[ In Reply To ..]
If the company offered more for employees to work the weekend the TAT would take care of itself. By allowing for volunteers or rotating weekends the employees would be happier too.

As far as TAT the other poster is correct. We used to get work once a day dumped into the system and had until the next day to get it back. The hospitals don't need it back immediately, they just have been spoiled into thinking they do.
*The hospitals don't need it back immediately*. Who made you - the one who gets to decide when TAT is needed? lol
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Obviously only you know it all - huh?
[ In Reply To ..]
You are either a suit or are a newbie being brainwashed by a suite as to the "Importance of TAT" and how "Patient care depends on you" garbage.

TAT just became a priority to win clients. It is not as vital as they are shoving in your head. If patient care was so important, why are there SO MANY ERRORS IN THE LOOKUP? Why is there penalization for QA? Why is there a first time right program? Why is it quanity over quality?
None of this matters. You sign contract, you sign up for MM - idea of patient care, whatever that is. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
go away suit - stop trolling
[ In Reply To ..]
Trolololol - lolol (nm)
[ In Reply To ..]
:D
Bought out MT. lololol - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Absolutely True - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
"TAT just became a priority to win clients."

This is absolutely true. Unfortunately, those who have only been in the MT business as long as these corporate MTSOs have been around don't know this. As I wrote above, I worked 20+ years for a well-known acute care facility with hundreds of doctors so have the experience to see when it changed.

Example: I'm transcribing dictations from last week that were batch uploaded today (not uncommon). If the M*Modal reps posting here that "patient care will be affected if turn-around isn't 24 hours!!!" were correct, then medical staff would be dictating immediately after each and every patient and procedure: HURRY! MUST BE TRANSCRIBED! PATIENT CARE IS AT STAKE! which we all know is not the case. The majority of my accounts dictate at the end of the day or over the course of two or three days.
WRONG - I take it you never worked for a hospital before? - Every work type has a TAT..sm
[ In Reply To ..]
TATs go in the order of importance:
H&P = 1 hr.
Consults = 2hrs.
Stats = ASAP, no later than an hour.
OP notes = 4 hrs.
Discharges = 12 hrs.
ERrs = 24 hrs unless its a stat.

Progress notes and other ancillary notes vary depending on the facility. If any of you have ever worked for a hospital, you would know this. All acute care work has a turn around time, that fundamental to patient care.
TAT - CrabbyMT
[ In Reply To ..]
There is ABSOLUTELY TAT. Up until a year ago I worked for a hospital as the lead MT for 13 yrs and there were always TATs that became more rigid as the years passed. The physicians even had specific timeframes in which reports had to be dictated. When auditors would show up and charts were pulled at random the TAT was something they looked at. We went from working Mon-Fri to alternate weekends and holidays because of the TAT.
I stopped caring about TAT when they took away our bonus - and gave it to CCM for TAT
[ In Reply To ..]
They can shove that TAT!

I am a 16-year sucker for this company and have not had a - raise since 2000!

[ In Reply To ..]
I think LOYALTY should stand for something!!!

I deserve to be treated better and have a higher wage than someone just starting here. I deserve more PTO, and a better shift. I also deserve A RAISE!

I like the idea of a 12-hour - window or no schedule

[ In Reply To ..]
Also, 32 hours full-time sounds great.

Similar Messages:

With New Plan STM Stated 35% Of Our Team Would C Increase With New Comp Plan
Dec 04, 2014

This means 65% will see decrease and/or paid minimum wage. They are touting this as the great new comp  (local Burger King is advertising job for $10/hour).  Anyone find out if the QC percentage is just for blanks or include all sent to QA including Audio issues, etc, and will EQA be included.  Also, trying to figure out our pay from week to week is going to be a pain.  I am going to see how this new comp plan works out, but since the conference call, I'm not feeling pos ...

New Comp Plan
Dec 04, 2014

I always considered myself an average transcriptionist.  On my platform I average about 150 LPH and very rarely do I go over 10% to QC and QA is usually in the 99.5% range.  Based on my last weeks information and using their charts, I will be getting about 2+ cpl more than I have in the past year on my straight production.  I guess I may be way luckier than the people posting here.  Maybe I am a better transcriptionist than I thought I was?  I figure if I only have 1 cra ...

Question About New Comp Plan
Jan 01, 2015

Okay, so our QA score that is used to calculate this mess.  Is it taken from the previous 2 weeks score or is it from the current week that we do the lines?  I am so confused so any help would be appreciated!  I guess what I am asking in a nutshell is,  for this week, will my QA% score be from this week or from last week or from the 2 week score? ...

QA Scoring Under New Comp Plan
Jan 10, 2015

has anyone had no post audit reports for the week under the new comp plan?  this is my first week of coming across this problem - there were 2 post audits during the week in FIESA, but they were for reports the previous week and I received no PA scores for the week - I'm assuming this puts me in the 0.08000 category for 0%-99% whereas normally getting 100% and this is making a HUGE diff in hourly rate - there needs to be something in place where we have to receive at least 1 PA sc ...

Question On New Comp Plan
Jan 17, 2015

I had 100% from 1/9 through 1/15, 3 jobs edited.  Today a job is reviewed that was transcribed on 1/15 but edited on 1/17 with an age error in it.  Where does that fall.  It does not show up for last week, but shows up on 1/17 but was typed the week prior?  Confused. Thanks for help. ...

Plan B: Job Ideas That Don't Require Lengthy Training
Jan 27, 2012

Before all the Debbie Downers and Eeyores come out of the woodwork, let me preface these 2 ideas with:  These will not appeal -- or even be possible due to family commitments -- to all.  BUT they will be viable solutions for some.  Both are in the medical field and do not require extensive training.  1.  EKG monitor tech.  Requires just 8-10 weeks of training.  A quick check of pay for my region shows $17.65-$25.53 per hour, which is in keeping with what my em ...

New Comp Plan Not "punitive?"
Dec 11, 2014

I haven't had a single report audited until today...I had 5 reports audited, all 100%. The very next one knocked my score down to 98.9 (the report was only 9 lines). I'm just wondering if they were going to audit until they found something to knock me down, or if that was indeed a random audit? Today is the last day of my work week and I will be unable to check FIESA until Sunday, so I'll be unable to request a reversal and just be screwed I guess.  Still not seeing the advan ...

Worker's Comp Versus Workers Comp Nm
Mar 03, 2010

nm ...

MQ And Worker's Comp
May 19, 2010

Has anyone here had to get Worker's Comp while working for MQ? If so, what is the process? I have looked on MQ Central and can't find anything about it. I'm in severe pain and was told it was a direct result of my job.    TIA ...

Workers Comp
Apr 21, 2011

Anyone know how to write an appeal letter?  I was denied by the judge, even though my doctor said I have wrist and hand tendinitis due to typing for 16 years.  Wow, i'm devastated, not only am I hurting, but financially a wreck.  Anyway, I am writing an appeal to the board and have no money to visit a lawyer, wondering what goes in an appeal letter.  Any help greatly appreciated.  TIA ...

Call About Pay Comp...sm
Oct 15, 2014

There apparently will be a call next week going over the new compensation plan. Hopefully there really is one and it explains a lot better than the email. Doubt it will give actual numbers but I will post anything I find out on here in case noone else has a call. hope they can explain better. we'll see. ...

CA MT WORK COMP QUESTION
Aug 17, 2011

Thanks in advance.  Has any California Medquist MT ever had carpal tunnel diagnosis and had the insurance company ask you to give them more information about the "nature" of your injury, as in they want an explanation if I think it is work injury, car accident, or other?  I hate to lie, but it is pretty obvious I have it from typing.  Also, if I said it is from work, they refuse to pay the neurologist who gave diagnosis.  I pay into Worker's Comp in California, it is ded ...

Workmans Comp Insurance Necessary?
Jan 05, 2012

So I am about to take on a second IC job in a few days.   Was just about to sign the contract agreement and as I was reading through it, I noticed that while it didn't expressly say I HAD to purchase workman's comp insurance, it did say that I was responsible for workmans comp. Is this something anyone is familiar with?  Is it really necessary for me to purchase on my own if this is a part-time IC job and the company has a secure server with upload/download capabil ...

Has Anyone Ever Filed A Workers Comp
Apr 26, 2012

I was just looking through the Human Resources page and can't find anything about WC. Just curious if anyone has filed for it and any clue on who to talk to about it? TIA ...

Ever Filed A Workers Comp?
Aug 07, 2012

I have carpal tunnel. Is it possible to file a WC case at MModal for this? Who would I speak to in Human Resources.  Spent a bit of time looking at MQCentral (or whatever it's called) and got dizzy, but couldn't find an answer. TIA ...

Workers Comp Transcription
Sep 07, 2012

Does anyone do worker's compensation transcription?  Do you like it?  What are the main things you type?  Thanks. ...

Workers Comp Suit (sm)
Oct 25, 2012

Now that the MTSO are calling us "employees", has anyone considered a workers compensation suit for depression from not being able to make a decent living? Perhaps an overuse syndrome from having to work so many more hours to make line counts? Curious. ...

Just Got A New Comp And Can't Remember The Company ID, Can Anyone Help
Dec 11, 2013

For fluency. I thought it was 112350 but that doesn't work.  TIA ...

Has Anyone Here Filed Workers' Comp At MM?
Apr 20, 2015

I would love to hear your experience.  Did they fight it?  Did they let you come back to your same BOB and shift?  Did you have to pay your entire health insurance premium during that time?  Can you collect short-term disability and workers' comp simultaneously?  Any info at all appreciated.   I've been at MM 15 years and now have CTS, RSI, and epicondylitis, not to mention rapid vision loss from staring at the monitor all day, hearing loss from having t ...

Anyone Ever Filed A Worker's Comp Case?
Mar 23, 2010

Just curious to those who have been in this profession awhile and have become hurt as a result, have you filed and won or not won?  I have battled pain about eight years now and have hit a wall, can no longer work.  My hands and wrists swell up, I have twitches in all fingers, I drop things, cannot grip or open things, cannot write, wear splints, driving hurts.  Just wondering other's experience with this.  I have about 20 years until retirement so I need to keep working ...

Insurance Or Worker's Comp Transcription
Apr 07, 2010

Are there any companies that do worker's comp, or insurance for auto insurance? ...

Do You Think MQ Would Pay Work Comp For Hearing Loss
Feb 12, 2011

yeah, ow.  Ears ringing all day. ...

How Difficult Is It To Get Approved For Workers Comp?
Jul 10, 2013

Has anyone had success with WC claim? If so, can you provide some details so I can compare?  Thanks a bunch. ...

Work Comp For Nervous Breakdown LOL?
Feb 25, 2015

I probably shouldn't even be complaining considering how bad most people have it at this company (and I spent 4 years waist deep in the existential horror of ever expanding BoBs and ASR so I know it can be so much worse), but sometimes the little stuff just drives me nuts.  The last three months have been a QA rollercoaster.  In December, I flunked my quality audit.  Oh my god, I put "were" instead of "was."  I can see how that's a critical error.  Hundreds of ...

Accumed Ortho Work Comp Posting
Apr 16, 2010

Anyone apply for this and hear back from AccuMed?  I applied about a week ago and haven't heard anything.  I thought it was very ironic that a poster had just asked about WC transcription and someone replied that they should check with ortho clinics.  Then boom... there was this WC orthopedic job posting.  ...

Opinions Please--Nuance Ins Ded Sucks 2500; But I Need Comp Equ Supplied--sm
Nov 20, 2013

I'm considering going back to MModal, which I hated but their deductible is only $500.   ...

Any Ideas??
Feb 12, 2012

Help! I am transcribing from some tapes, yes tapes, and the sound quality is extremely poor.  Wondering if anyone knows if conference mode versus dictation mode makes any difference in sound quality.  Need to do something.  Digital would be best if I can convince them to change.  Thanks for any suggestions. ...

Need Some Ideas.
May 24, 2012

Well this whole transcription thing is not going well. Duh! With a really bad work schedule, an hour commute each way and now the threat of the hospital outsourcing our department, I am trying to think of something I can do from home besides work for peanuts for a MTSO. I am expecting my first child soon and really want to be home with him.  Does anyone have a friend or family member who has successfully implemented her own business (perhaps with a transcription background) and if so, ...

Any Ideas?
Dec 11, 2013

Tried testing for Accentus, but my foot pedal would not play the voice file.  It did absolutely nada.  I could not go backward or fast forward.  I was able to hear the test voice file just fine, so I went ahead and hit the tab to take the test.  I transcribed 4 words, went to back up, and I couldn't.  Any suggestions as to why my stinking foot pedal would not work?  It works fine when I am transcribing for my present service.    ...

Ideas??
Apr 07, 2015

Hi Guys/Gals,   I am dictating a doctor who sounds like he has a mouthful of marbles.  Under Physical Exam he states, "Abdomen is soft, no _____megaly.  It is not organomegaly because I have transcribed this doctor many times and it sounds nothing like it.  Any ideas on what else it could be?  ...