A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Insurance or Worker's Comp transcription - Looking

Posted: Apr 07, 2010

Are there any companies that do worker's comp, or insurance for auto insurance?

Workers Comp... - jm0405

[ In Reply To ..]
Workers' comp didn't have transcriptionists -the doctors that see their patients have MTs. That's where I started 20 years ago - in-house MT for 7 orthopedic surgeons and our reports went across the street to the W/C building. If you want something like that, then you apply for jobs with orthopedic docs, pain management, physiatry.

I do orthopaedics ... - zlover

[ In Reply To ..]
and we do many independent medical evaluations for workers' compensation cases.

These are usually very long dictations (20 to 60 minutes, taking 40 minutes to 2 hours to type), often filled with large gaps of no dictating where the doc is reviewing pages and pages and years and years of medical records.

I don't like doing them and, although my day is cut short because I get lots of dictation minutes logged, my line count is markedly decreased and I feel whipped after taking 2 hours to type one report.

It would be fine doing them all day at an hourly pay rate.

I agree - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
I typed independent medical exam reports along with all other reports for 17 plus years at a neurology office. They were very time consuming, but I was paid an hourly wage during those 17 plus years and we did not have any line requirements to meet each day. That makes a big difference in feeling BEAT TO DEATH and you do not feel under pressure.

I agree, look for orthopedic, especially specialty orthopedics . . . - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for a hand/shoulder orthopedic surgeon and I absolutely LOVED his reports. Did not care for him, though. He was a real jerk to work for. BUT, he was meticulous, precise, very anal about his dictation and I did not have to listen to him flip through charts as he was ready to dictate when he dictated. I loved the IMEs, MMEs, workman's comp, second opinions, I made AWESOME money; however the jerk wasn't worth the mental stress. He even offered me MORE MONEY!!! He was blown away when I didn't take it. Not everyone can be bought.

worker's comp - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I did QA on worker's comp reports. I did it off paperwork and did not have to listen to anyone talking.

workers comp/IME - McFingers

[ In Reply To ..]
The ortho docs I worked for at first did not want to do workers comp and IME. They thought it was beneath them until they realized how much money they could make. I like doing them if the doctor is a good dictator because they tend to use the same terminology over and over and you can bang off lots of lines when you get used to it. I think the larger ortho practices do them.
I got lucky with IMEs - jm0405
[ In Reply To ..]
When I worked for ortho docs, I was paid by the hour first off. Secondly, when they did IMEs, each doc turned in their own tape - yes, I am old - LOL - when I started MT work it was on a Wang computer with large cassette tapes and then microcassette. The IMEs worked well for me cause docs turned in separate tapes for the same patient. I didn't have a lot of wasted time during dictation. More money? I was paid hourly. Today, with VR, I wouldn't mind doing those because they would be worth a ton of money when you merged the document together - easy 13-25 pages!! WOOHOOO!! Love the money!! :)
I remember those Wang computers . . . - Sunshine State MT
[ In Reply To ..]
How time flies.

What a "blast from the past." Those were the days. I liked the Wang. Yup, hacking away on the Wang, transcribing from a standard, micro or mini casette machine.

Here we are still . . . hanging by a thread, hoping for the best.

Similar Messages:

Worker's Comp Versus Workers Comp Nm
Mar 03, 2010

nm ...

MQ And Worker's Comp
May 19, 2010

Has anyone here had to get Worker's Comp while working for MQ? If so, what is the process? I have looked on MQ Central and can't find anything about it. I'm in severe pain and was told it was a direct result of my job.    TIA ...

Anyone Ever Filed A Worker's Comp Case?
Mar 23, 2010

Just curious to those who have been in this profession awhile and have become hurt as a result, have you filed and won or not won?  I have battled pain about eight years now and have hit a wall, can no longer work.  My hands and wrists swell up, I have twitches in all fingers, I drop things, cannot grip or open things, cannot write, wear splints, driving hurts.  Just wondering other's experience with this.  I have about 20 years until retirement so I need to keep working ...

Workmans Comp Insurance Necessary?
Jan 05, 2012

So I am about to take on a second IC job in a few days.   Was just about to sign the contract agreement and as I was reading through it, I noticed that while it didn't expressly say I HAD to purchase workman's comp insurance, it did say that I was responsible for workmans comp. Is this something anyone is familiar with?  Is it really necessary for me to purchase on my own if this is a part-time IC job and the company has a secure server with upload/download capabil ...

Workers Comp Transcription
Sep 07, 2012

Does anyone do worker's compensation transcription?  Do you like it?  What are the main things you type?  Thanks. ...

Insurance Claims Transcription
Apr 12, 2015

What is the current per-character rate for insurance claims transcription? ...

DTS (digital Transcription Services) - How Their Insurance Is
Mar 07, 2013

I know they did some advertising a while back and wanted to get some fresh perspective on them.  I did search the archives and did not find much that current.  Anybody recently been hired by them and how is it.  I am curious as to how their insurance is.   ...

Medical Transcription Liability Insurance
Sep 19, 2013

Where do you buy transcription liability insurance and how expensive is it. I'm ready to go work at Wal-Mart after 20 years in this business. ...

Medical Transcription Vs Selling Insurance?
Feb 18, 2014

In my eagerness to get out of MT (and home based work in general), I've sent my resume to 4 different staffing agencies. I have an interview at a local Aflac office tomorrow, they seemed impressed by my medical knowledge and clerical skills. The interview occurs during my normal MT schedule, so I lied to my TSM, telling her I had a dental appointment. The thing is, I've got other offers from other insurance companies. I have NO sales experience, and there is NOTHING on my resume to ind ...

Digital Transcription Systems? Medical Insurance
Dec 08, 2011

A good company to work for?  Good medical insurance?  Lots of work?  Any input is greatly appreciated. ...

Mobile Assistant - Financial And Insurance Transcription?
Mar 26, 2013

Has anyone worked for Mobile Assistant, a company that has financial and insurance transcription? If so, what was your experience like with this company?  Thanks. ...

Medical Transcription - Health Insurance For A New Employee At The 30-day Or 60-day Mark?
Mar 01, 2010

Anyone know of a company who starts health insurance  for a new employee at the 30-day or 60-day mark? ...

Should The Insurance Companies Take Over The Daunting Task Of The Transcription Service?
Jun 21, 2012

It just seems like it would save a step, as far as billing goes, the M.D. would get reimbursed more quickly. Insurance companies may even pay MTs more? Wouldn't this have substantial savings in administrative and other costs? They would not have to keep trimming back on their transcription costs by lowering the MT pay rates. ...

Worker's Compensation Through MQ
Apr 01, 2010

What company do we file through?  Any info appreciated, TIA. ...

Web/Nuance Worker Help?
Dec 13, 2011

Hi....Of course, like everyone else, I am just sick to my stomach over the buyout from Nuance.  My question is, are there any MTs out there who used to work at Webmedx and now Nuance who know the platform and can say they honestly make MORE money now?  I have watched my pay go from 30.00 an hour to almost 18.00.  I have hung on month after month after month.  Now to drop it further, I have no choice but to leave.  My last hope is to hear that someone is on the Nuance pla ...

International Worker's Day
Mar 06, 2013

http://forum.mtstars.com/465915.html Strike Day is coming up. Start saving your pennies and begin your strike activities on that day when you at least have a critical mass. ...

I'm NO Miracle Worker!
Oct 14, 2014

"Note to transcriptionist:  I'm finished mumbling, rambling, farting, chewing, and peeing.  I expect YOU to produce a coherent medical report, correct diagnosis, and treatment plan!" Have a nice day! ...

IRS Form SS-8 Worker Status
Jun 02, 2012

If you believe your current or past work status is/was improperly categorized by a firm or person (independent contractor versus employee) you can complete IRS Form SS-8 (Determination of Worker Status for Purposes of Federal Employment Taxes and Income Tax Withholding).  There is no fee for requesting a Form SS-8 determination letter.    IRS:  "Employers who misclassify workers as independent contractors can end up with substantial tax bills.  Additionally, t ...

Keystrokes And A Happy Worker Bee
Apr 02, 2013

A while back I switched from another company (starting with an N) over to Keystrokes.  What a change.  I know there is a lot of negative stuff on the boards about companies but for my own personal experience so far I am thoroughly impressed. They actually respect their employees which in this business is unusual to say the least.     My two cents. ...

Bonus Question. I Am A PPT Worker. I Do Not
May 15, 2013

I work approximately 32-35 hours a week, depending on if I run out of work.  I know there are 2 bonuses, 1 is for how many lines typed, I believe 7001 a pay period, correct?  What else is tied to this bonus?  A low QA score, lph amount?  I never make this bonus but I am a little confused. Now, the other bonus has to do with QA score, right?  It has to be below 10 percent, I think.  What else is tied to this bonus?  Thanks for any help.  Much appreciated. ...

May I Talk To An Acusis Worker Privately?
Jul 15, 2010

I have a question about benefits. ...

Hoping To Be Ex-MQ Worker Job Interview Next Thurs
Jul 15, 2011

Need Help Dealing With A Co-Worker Who May Be On Pain Meds
Oct 26, 2011

What would you do if you had a co-worker who is stressed, has panic attacks, had back surgery and is on pain medication, and accuses everyone of all sorts of things. She is totally inappropriate, paranoid, and destroying the work environment. If anyone suggests that she forgot to do something or did it wrong, she has a panic attack, or more like hysteria. She reports people for silly things, but even though the charges are silly, they still go in the record. She writes complaints about people co ...

Workers Comp
Apr 21, 2011

Anyone know how to write an appeal letter?  I was denied by the judge, even though my doctor said I have wrist and hand tendinitis due to typing for 16 years.  Wow, i'm devastated, not only am I hurting, but financially a wreck.  Anyway, I am writing an appeal to the board and have no money to visit a lawyer, wondering what goes in an appeal letter.  Any help greatly appreciated.  TIA ...

Call About Pay Comp...sm
Oct 15, 2014

There apparently will be a call next week going over the new compensation plan. Hopefully there really is one and it explains a lot better than the email. Doubt it will give actual numbers but I will post anything I find out on here in case noone else has a call. hope they can explain better. we'll see. ...

New Comp Plan
Dec 04, 2014

I always considered myself an average transcriptionist.  On my platform I average about 150 LPH and very rarely do I go over 10% to QC and QA is usually in the 99.5% range.  Based on my last weeks information and using their charts, I will be getting about 2+ cpl more than I have in the past year on my straight production.  I guess I may be way luckier than the people posting here.  Maybe I am a better transcriptionist than I thought I was?  I figure if I only have 1 cra ...

CA MT WORK COMP QUESTION
Aug 17, 2011

Thanks in advance.  Has any California Medquist MT ever had carpal tunnel diagnosis and had the insurance company ask you to give them more information about the "nature" of your injury, as in they want an explanation if I think it is work injury, car accident, or other?  I hate to lie, but it is pretty obvious I have it from typing.  Also, if I said it is from work, they refuse to pay the neurologist who gave diagnosis.  I pay into Worker's Comp in California, it is ded ...

Has Anyone Ever Filed A Workers Comp
Apr 26, 2012

I was just looking through the Human Resources page and can't find anything about WC. Just curious if anyone has filed for it and any clue on who to talk to about it? TIA ...

Ever Filed A Workers Comp?
Aug 07, 2012

I have carpal tunnel. Is it possible to file a WC case at MModal for this? Who would I speak to in Human Resources.  Spent a bit of time looking at MQCentral (or whatever it's called) and got dizzy, but couldn't find an answer. TIA ...

Ideas For New Comp Plan
Aug 15, 2012

Since it is obvious the new comp plan isn't done maybe we could give them help and point in the right direction.  I would love to hear what everyone thinks, good or bad.  Would you rather get paid hourly or by the line? How about a shift differential for the weekend? What about extra money per report for those accounts with multiple carbon copies and tedious demographic screens? Some companies consider FT and offer benefits at 32 hours, would that be something anyone would be ...