A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MQ and Worker's Comp - Ouch

Posted: May 19, 2010

Has anyone here had to get Worker's Comp while working for MQ? If so, what is the process?

I have looked on MQ Central and can't find anything about it.

I'm in severe pain and was told it was a direct result of my job. 

TIA

Don't know, but good luck! - Foz

[ In Reply To ..]
If you get it, keep us posted. I know lots of MTs in chronic pain.

MQ and Workers' Comp - CalMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I used WC in 2008. Had a trigger finger from OD'ing on ASR. Anyway, mine occurred on a Saturday when no one was around so I e-mailed HR to document the date, time, etc. I also called my CMC for the same reason. I then waited to be contacted by HR -- my advice here is to continue to e-mail them if you don't get a speedy response 'cuz they can be slow. If you've already been to a doctor that cost should be reimbursed to you once your WC claim is activated (which is what HR does -- they will tell you what company covers us - it was AIG for me - and then give you a number to call. I ran into run-arounds with the whole thing, but once all the ducks were in a row it worked splendidly. If I can give you any more info, contact me by e-mail and I will be happy to answer what questions I can. Good luck to you on this thing.

MQ and Worker's Comp - Oldtimer

[ In Reply To ..]
I also filed for Workman's comp with MQ. Asked my CCM who gave me the number of HR. Unlike a lot of unfortunate people I read here, my CCM is wonderful. But in any case, just get in touch with HR. The company was AIG when I did it and everything went very smoothly. I was even compensated for a portion of my monthly pay and lifetime medical for my diagnosis. I would call rather than e-mail, it worked faster for me. Good luck.

Thanks to you both. I need to get this taken care of. - Ouch

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't know if I have to wait to go to the doctor or what.

I will contact HR and go from there. Thanks so much!

Similar Messages:

Worker's Comp Versus Workers Comp Nm
Mar 03, 2010

nm ...

Anyone Ever Filed A Worker's Comp Case?
Mar 23, 2010

Just curious to those who have been in this profession awhile and have become hurt as a result, have you filed and won or not won?  I have battled pain about eight years now and have hit a wall, can no longer work.  My hands and wrists swell up, I have twitches in all fingers, I drop things, cannot grip or open things, cannot write, wear splints, driving hurts.  Just wondering other's experience with this.  I have about 20 years until retirement so I need to keep working ...

Insurance Or Worker's Comp Transcription
Apr 07, 2010

Are there any companies that do worker's comp, or insurance for auto insurance? ...

Worker's Compensation Through MQ
Apr 01, 2010

What company do we file through?  Any info appreciated, TIA. ...

Web/Nuance Worker Help?
Dec 13, 2011

Hi....Of course, like everyone else, I am just sick to my stomach over the buyout from Nuance.  My question is, are there any MTs out there who used to work at Webmedx and now Nuance who know the platform and can say they honestly make MORE money now?  I have watched my pay go from 30.00 an hour to almost 18.00.  I have hung on month after month after month.  Now to drop it further, I have no choice but to leave.  My last hope is to hear that someone is on the Nuance pla ...

International Worker's Day
Mar 06, 2013

http://forum.mtstars.com/465915.html Strike Day is coming up. Start saving your pennies and begin your strike activities on that day when you at least have a critical mass. ...

I'm NO Miracle Worker!
Oct 14, 2014

"Note to transcriptionist:  I'm finished mumbling, rambling, farting, chewing, and peeing.  I expect YOU to produce a coherent medical report, correct diagnosis, and treatment plan!" Have a nice day! ...

IRS Form SS-8 Worker Status
Jun 02, 2012

If you believe your current or past work status is/was improperly categorized by a firm or person (independent contractor versus employee) you can complete IRS Form SS-8 (Determination of Worker Status for Purposes of Federal Employment Taxes and Income Tax Withholding).  There is no fee for requesting a Form SS-8 determination letter.    IRS:  "Employers who misclassify workers as independent contractors can end up with substantial tax bills.  Additionally, t ...

Keystrokes And A Happy Worker Bee
Apr 02, 2013

A while back I switched from another company (starting with an N) over to Keystrokes.  What a change.  I know there is a lot of negative stuff on the boards about companies but for my own personal experience so far I am thoroughly impressed. They actually respect their employees which in this business is unusual to say the least.     My two cents. ...

Bonus Question. I Am A PPT Worker. I Do Not
May 15, 2013

I work approximately 32-35 hours a week, depending on if I run out of work.  I know there are 2 bonuses, 1 is for how many lines typed, I believe 7001 a pay period, correct?  What else is tied to this bonus?  A low QA score, lph amount?  I never make this bonus but I am a little confused. Now, the other bonus has to do with QA score, right?  It has to be below 10 percent, I think.  What else is tied to this bonus?  Thanks for any help.  Much appreciated. ...

May I Talk To An Acusis Worker Privately?
Jul 15, 2010

I have a question about benefits. ...

Hoping To Be Ex-MQ Worker Job Interview Next Thurs
Jul 15, 2011

Need Help Dealing With A Co-Worker Who May Be On Pain Meds
Oct 26, 2011

What would you do if you had a co-worker who is stressed, has panic attacks, had back surgery and is on pain medication, and accuses everyone of all sorts of things. She is totally inappropriate, paranoid, and destroying the work environment. If anyone suggests that she forgot to do something or did it wrong, she has a panic attack, or more like hysteria. She reports people for silly things, but even though the charges are silly, they still go in the record. She writes complaints about people co ...

Workers Comp
Apr 21, 2011

Anyone know how to write an appeal letter?  I was denied by the judge, even though my doctor said I have wrist and hand tendinitis due to typing for 16 years.  Wow, i'm devastated, not only am I hurting, but financially a wreck.  Anyway, I am writing an appeal to the board and have no money to visit a lawyer, wondering what goes in an appeal letter.  Any help greatly appreciated.  TIA ...

Call About Pay Comp...sm
Oct 15, 2014

There apparently will be a call next week going over the new compensation plan. Hopefully there really is one and it explains a lot better than the email. Doubt it will give actual numbers but I will post anything I find out on here in case noone else has a call. hope they can explain better. we'll see. ...

New Comp Plan
Dec 04, 2014

I always considered myself an average transcriptionist.  On my platform I average about 150 LPH and very rarely do I go over 10% to QC and QA is usually in the 99.5% range.  Based on my last weeks information and using their charts, I will be getting about 2+ cpl more than I have in the past year on my straight production.  I guess I may be way luckier than the people posting here.  Maybe I am a better transcriptionist than I thought I was?  I figure if I only have 1 cra ...

CA MT WORK COMP QUESTION
Aug 17, 2011

Thanks in advance.  Has any California Medquist MT ever had carpal tunnel diagnosis and had the insurance company ask you to give them more information about the "nature" of your injury, as in they want an explanation if I think it is work injury, car accident, or other?  I hate to lie, but it is pretty obvious I have it from typing.  Also, if I said it is from work, they refuse to pay the neurologist who gave diagnosis.  I pay into Worker's Comp in California, it is ded ...

Workmans Comp Insurance Necessary?
Jan 05, 2012

So I am about to take on a second IC job in a few days.   Was just about to sign the contract agreement and as I was reading through it, I noticed that while it didn't expressly say I HAD to purchase workman's comp insurance, it did say that I was responsible for workmans comp. Is this something anyone is familiar with?  Is it really necessary for me to purchase on my own if this is a part-time IC job and the company has a secure server with upload/download capabil ...

Has Anyone Ever Filed A Workers Comp
Apr 26, 2012

I was just looking through the Human Resources page and can't find anything about WC. Just curious if anyone has filed for it and any clue on who to talk to about it? TIA ...

Ever Filed A Workers Comp?
Aug 07, 2012

I have carpal tunnel. Is it possible to file a WC case at MModal for this? Who would I speak to in Human Resources.  Spent a bit of time looking at MQCentral (or whatever it's called) and got dizzy, but couldn't find an answer. TIA ...

Ideas For New Comp Plan
Aug 15, 2012

Since it is obvious the new comp plan isn't done maybe we could give them help and point in the right direction.  I would love to hear what everyone thinks, good or bad.  Would you rather get paid hourly or by the line? How about a shift differential for the weekend? What about extra money per report for those accounts with multiple carbon copies and tedious demographic screens? Some companies consider FT and offer benefits at 32 hours, would that be something anyone would be ...

Workers Comp Transcription
Sep 07, 2012

Does anyone do worker's compensation transcription?  Do you like it?  What are the main things you type?  Thanks. ...

Workers Comp Suit (sm)
Oct 25, 2012

Now that the MTSO are calling us "employees", has anyone considered a workers compensation suit for depression from not being able to make a decent living? Perhaps an overuse syndrome from having to work so many more hours to make line counts? Curious. ...

Just Got A New Comp And Can't Remember The Company ID, Can Anyone Help
Dec 11, 2013

For fluency. I thought it was 112350 but that doesn't work.  TIA ...

Question About New Comp Plan
Jan 01, 2015

Okay, so our QA score that is used to calculate this mess.  Is it taken from the previous 2 weeks score or is it from the current week that we do the lines?  I am so confused so any help would be appreciated!  I guess what I am asking in a nutshell is,  for this week, will my QA% score be from this week or from last week or from the 2 week score? ...

QA Scoring Under New Comp Plan
Jan 10, 2015

has anyone had no post audit reports for the week under the new comp plan?  this is my first week of coming across this problem - there were 2 post audits during the week in FIESA, but they were for reports the previous week and I received no PA scores for the week - I'm assuming this puts me in the 0.08000 category for 0%-99% whereas normally getting 100% and this is making a HUGE diff in hourly rate - there needs to be something in place where we have to receive at least 1 PA sc ...

Question On New Comp Plan
Jan 17, 2015

I had 100% from 1/9 through 1/15, 3 jobs edited.  Today a job is reviewed that was transcribed on 1/15 but edited on 1/17 with an age error in it.  Where does that fall.  It does not show up for last week, but shows up on 1/17 but was typed the week prior?  Confused. Thanks for help. ...

Has Anyone Here Filed Workers' Comp At MM?
Apr 20, 2015

I would love to hear your experience.  Did they fight it?  Did they let you come back to your same BOB and shift?  Did you have to pay your entire health insurance premium during that time?  Can you collect short-term disability and workers' comp simultaneously?  Any info at all appreciated.   I've been at MM 15 years and now have CTS, RSI, and epicondylitis, not to mention rapid vision loss from staring at the monitor all day, hearing loss from having t ...

Do You Think MQ Would Pay Work Comp For Hearing Loss
Feb 12, 2011

yeah, ow.  Ears ringing all day. ...

How Difficult Is It To Get Approved For Workers Comp?
Jul 10, 2013

Has anyone had success with WC claim? If so, can you provide some details so I can compare?  Thanks a bunch. ...