A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How difficult is it to get approved for Workers Comp? - hurting

Posted: Jul 10, 2013

Has anyone had success with WC claim? If so, can you provide some details so I can compare?  Thanks a bunch.

too broad a question - for what type of injury

[ In Reply To ..]
Approved for what injury?

There are lots of claims that can be made to WC and some seem to have more success than others.

I know it's much much harder to get approval on a claim for repetitive stress because more and more people keyboard in their personal lives as well as work life. So it really depends on what you're trying to claim.

Injury - hurting

[ In Reply To ..]
Pain in what feels like Achilles tendon on right. I believe it's from foot pedal. Changed feet now the left is starting to begin to ache as the right one started before became very painful.

I don't think they can pinpoint that to the pedal, or chair. - guessing they will counter with

[ In Reply To ..]
your fault for choosing to sit so long or choosing to not get up and walk around, entertaining poor ergonomics, etc. And statictics of MT population with this same problem working with a foot pedal? My guess very low percentage nationwide. You'd be better off claiming you're a runner and literally pounding the pavement with all your weight to cause Achilles damage and get the funds. If you're hitting your footpedal that hard, they'll tell ya right there you are doing it wrong in the first place.

My point is - too many loopholes and they are cutting back on everything so they'll find one. One of their favorites - weight.

What do you want from Work Comp? - xx

[ In Reply To ..]
It sounds like all you need to do is alter the ergonomics of your work station or do some exercises or something simple. Work Comp isn't going to pay you not to work because your foot-pedal foot gets sore.
Okay snarky.. - xx
[ In Reply To ..]
No need to get up in arms about a question of WC. Never had anything in 15+ years except for this and wondering WC or maybe disability to let it heal before both ankles are not usable. You're such a rude snarky little insect aren't you?
Why yes. Yes I am. - Thanks for noticing.
[ In Reply To ..]
You lost that round when you resorted to name calling.
My experience with WC - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
I fell in the workplace and needed emergency surgery on my ankle. That was a different situation but I had no problems with Workmen's Comp, but they did everything possible to facilitate my getting back to work. I can tell you that you won't get put on disability while you let it heal, they'll want you on limited duty or making some ergonomic adjustments. You'll also need exams and opinions from probably more than one provider, and there are different impairment ratings based on your injury and ability to work. If nothing else, you'll get sent to vocational rehab to retrain for something else. There is a lot of hoop jumping if you file a WC claim, they might say it was a preexisting condition. What I would suggest is trying some things on your own first. If you don't get better and still continue to have problems, then I would look into filing a claim.
Thank you so much for your input :) NM - hurting
[ In Reply To ..]
x

My foot problem due to pedal (sm) - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked very long hours as an IC for over 20 years and never had a problem with my feet until I started working for a service and go so many ESLs and very bad dictators, in addition to having a platform that does not allow a good auto backspace. So with bad dictators it requires constant, non-stop stomping on the pedal. I really feel it with these bad dictators with severe pain, burning and neuropathy. My right foot was so bad I could barely walk and almost had to use a disabled scooter to do my shopping. I switched to the left foot and the right foot slowly improved but now I have some of the same problems with the left foot.

I'm sure the IC people could correct the problem with this horrid auto backspace, but doubt they would even look into the problem unless there is a WC claims against an MTSO for it's contribution to the foot injuries. I'd say it's about 40% the horrid auto back space and 60% the very bad dictators. Fortunately we have mostly good dictators but the bad ones really exacerbate the problem.

Similar Messages:

Worker's Comp Versus Workers Comp Nm
Mar 03, 2010

nm ...

Workers Comp
Apr 21, 2011

Anyone know how to write an appeal letter?  I was denied by the judge, even though my doctor said I have wrist and hand tendinitis due to typing for 16 years.  Wow, i'm devastated, not only am I hurting, but financially a wreck.  Anyway, I am writing an appeal to the board and have no money to visit a lawyer, wondering what goes in an appeal letter.  Any help greatly appreciated.  TIA ...

Has Anyone Ever Filed A Workers Comp
Apr 26, 2012

I was just looking through the Human Resources page and can't find anything about WC. Just curious if anyone has filed for it and any clue on who to talk to about it? TIA ...

Ever Filed A Workers Comp?
Aug 07, 2012

I have carpal tunnel. Is it possible to file a WC case at MModal for this? Who would I speak to in Human Resources.  Spent a bit of time looking at MQCentral (or whatever it's called) and got dizzy, but couldn't find an answer. TIA ...

Workers Comp Transcription
Sep 07, 2012

Does anyone do worker's compensation transcription?  Do you like it?  What are the main things you type?  Thanks. ...

Workers Comp Suit (sm)
Oct 25, 2012

Now that the MTSO are calling us "employees", has anyone considered a workers compensation suit for depression from not being able to make a decent living? Perhaps an overuse syndrome from having to work so many more hours to make line counts? Curious. ...

Has Anyone Here Filed Workers' Comp At MM?
Apr 20, 2015

I would love to hear your experience.  Did they fight it?  Did they let you come back to your same BOB and shift?  Did you have to pay your entire health insurance premium during that time?  Can you collect short-term disability and workers' comp simultaneously?  Any info at all appreciated.   I've been at MM 15 years and now have CTS, RSI, and epicondylitis, not to mention rapid vision loss from staring at the monitor all day, hearing loss from having t ...

I Have A Question. I Work For A Very Difficult Account With Very Difficult ESLs. Other People Have
Jan 30, 2014

to dump these reports so the owner doesnt have to pay QA for them because they cant do them at all.  They QA the whole report almost.  I am totally burnt out with this and not sure what to do.  Any ideas out there. ...

Does It Take Anybody Forever To Get A Day Off Approved?
Mar 23, 2010

I asked off for 4 hours on a Friday in April to go see Elton John in another town. Still is not approved.  Hate to tell her, but I have the tickets, asked off in ample time and she can just get over it.  But it is still sitting as a "request" and not "granted" on Schedule Source.  I guess she will finally grant it THAT day when she sees the workload? ...

AHIMA Approved ?
Nov 03, 2011

I just checked the AHIMA website for coding programs and I noticed that they have Career Step on their list of "AHIMA approved coding programs" but I could not find Andrews School listed at all on their site.  Is AHIMA approval for coding as important as AHDI approval for transcription programs? Everyone recommends Andrews for coding but Im confused now. Could someone explain please. Also if it is important can you please let me know where you went to school for coding? I know Andrews and M ...

Not Paid For PTO Approved
Sep 11, 2012

So I requested to use 35 hours of PTO; check comes in mail and is way short.  Stub shows only 9.1 hours of PTO.  I HAD the time and it was APPROVED.  Does anyone know who I should contact about this?  I am hopping mad right now!!!!  Thanks in advance! ...

Has Anyone's CCM Approved Thanksgiving Yet?
Oct 12, 2012

x ...

PTO, Does It Take An Act Of Congress To Get It Approved--sm
Oct 01, 2013

I put in a request well over a month ago for half a day off and still have not seen a yay or nay.  It is getting close to the time I requested for and I have to say I am finding this quite ridiculous, especially when we are limited on how much we can carry over at the end of the year.  How can anyone make plans when it takes so long to approve or disapprove. ...

VP Hasnt Approved
Dec 31, 2014

"so the only choices you have at this time should you run out of work is to make-up the time, use PTO or Excused Absence – No Pay."  What's the diff, as long as it's excused?  I know this was discussed the other day, but I am still unclear on the difference.  TIA   ...

MQ And Worker's Comp
May 19, 2010

Has anyone here had to get Worker's Comp while working for MQ? If so, what is the process? I have looked on MQ Central and can't find anything about it. I'm in severe pain and was told it was a direct result of my job.    TIA ...

Call About Pay Comp...sm
Oct 15, 2014

There apparently will be a call next week going over the new compensation plan. Hopefully there really is one and it explains a lot better than the email. Doubt it will give actual numbers but I will post anything I find out on here in case noone else has a call. hope they can explain better. we'll see. ...

New Comp Plan
Dec 04, 2014

I always considered myself an average transcriptionist.  On my platform I average about 150 LPH and very rarely do I go over 10% to QC and QA is usually in the 99.5% range.  Based on my last weeks information and using their charts, I will be getting about 2+ cpl more than I have in the past year on my straight production.  I guess I may be way luckier than the people posting here.  Maybe I am a better transcriptionist than I thought I was?  I figure if I only have 1 cra ...

Is Andrews Approved By AHIMA?
Sep 21, 2010

It seems like a lot of people on this board have gone or are going to Andrews for coding.  I have seen a lot of jobs for coders where you obviously need to be certified but also have done your education through an AHIMA approved program.  Isn't Andrews NOT approved through AHIMA?  Wouldn't it be better for me to just do my training through AHIMA?  Seems like a lot of money to spend on a program that isn't recognized by AHIMA. ...

Problems Getting Time Off Approved
Feb 14, 2011

Was just wondering if anyone has problems getting time off approved when requested with the company they are working for? ...

OT Approved For North, But NJA! Sheesh! Nm
Mar 14, 2011

nm ...

Overtime Approved All Weekend
Apr 04, 2011

Now NJA on Monday morning, par for course.  So glad that the CCM is happy and will get a bonus.  Amazing that I can get up in such a good mood, everything going great, until I sit down to this computer.  All goes in the cra*pper after that.  ...

Yay! Overtime Is Approved With No Work Available
Sep 13, 2011

:( ...

OT Approved For North, But NJA? Sheesh! Nm
Feb 05, 2012

nm ...

15 Days Until Christmas, And Still Not Approved Or
Dec 10, 2012

denied by the CCM.  How are we supposed to make holiday plans, invite family to come to town, by plane tickets, etc., when they won't tell us until the last minute?? ...

Timecards Are Ready To Be Approved
Apr 01, 2014

Please approve timecards now.  Don't forget to approve timecards.  Timecards need to be approved ASAP.  The fall of humanity is imminant.  Please approve timecards immediately. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT HIS HOLY, APPROVE TIMECARDS RIGHT THIS INSTANT BEFORE WE ALL PERISH AS A RESULT OF YOUR NOT APPROVING YOUR TIMECARDS!!!!!!!! ...

Job Ads And AHIMA-approved Programs
Apr 07, 2014

I have noticed some job ads which say they would consider a new graduate from an AHIMA-approved course. How do certain programs become an approved course? I had a very thorough course that is not ahima approved and would like to apply for those jobs but afraid I would be turned down. :/ ...

Has Anyone Approved Their Time Card?
Mar 17, 2015

Anyone heard anything?  Are we just supposed to approve it or wait? ...

No Making Up Time Unless Approved By TSM
Jun 11, 2015

My TSM told us to not make up for NSA outside of our shift unless we touch base with her first to make sure all shifts have access to work. I know work is slim around the clock, but hoping this will even things out a bit.  Wondering how she is going to make sure some people aren't still booking in lines off their shift. Have to hope it helps. ...

CA MT WORK COMP QUESTION
Aug 17, 2011

Thanks in advance.  Has any California Medquist MT ever had carpal tunnel diagnosis and had the insurance company ask you to give them more information about the "nature" of your injury, as in they want an explanation if I think it is work injury, car accident, or other?  I hate to lie, but it is pretty obvious I have it from typing.  Also, if I said it is from work, they refuse to pay the neurologist who gave diagnosis.  I pay into Worker's Comp in California, it is ded ...

Workmans Comp Insurance Necessary?
Jan 05, 2012

So I am about to take on a second IC job in a few days.   Was just about to sign the contract agreement and as I was reading through it, I noticed that while it didn't expressly say I HAD to purchase workman's comp insurance, it did say that I was responsible for workmans comp. Is this something anyone is familiar with?  Is it really necessary for me to purchase on my own if this is a part-time IC job and the company has a secure server with upload/download capabil ...