A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I have a Shorthand Icon on my MModal provided computer desktop... - SS

Posted: Apr 01, 2013

It says it is a trail version though.  Did everyone pay for their own word expander or did MModal provide it?  I'm wondering why they put Shorthand on desktop and then we have to pay for it. 

Whomever had the computer before put that on. DQS (Fluency) has - word expander

[ In Reply To ..]
A word expander is in the DQS program.

The computer I had gotten from MQ (MM) was really messed up from the previous user. Fortunately, I was able to fix it because someone left program disks in the box. IT is supposed to make sure the computer is in order, but they don't.

If you use another platform besides DQS/Fluency - MSmt

[ In Reply To ..]
and you need an expander, you may be able to download it from the M*Modal intranet. If there is not one on that, then put in a Remedy ticket for one. I have about 3 different accounts that I type in besides Fluency that I have to use a word expander for.

Similar Messages:

Desktop Icon & Internet Explorer Problems
Dec 30, 2011

Have any of you had this problem? (1)  Most days, when I first start my PC, the desktop icons won't appear.  I'll get the background screensaver picture, but nothing to click on.  Is there a certain combination of keys you can hit to make the icons appear?  Or to open Explorer?  Currently the only way I can deal with this is to shut down the PC and then restart it.  Sometimes it takes as many as 4 or 5 tries before the icons will finally appear. (2)&nb ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

Shorthand No Longer Being Provided
Dec 05, 2012

The Web/Nuance part has been told next year we have to buy our own Shorthand license.  I know Transcend downloaded for me (and am still using at my PT job) shorthand licensed to MDI way back when.  Will we get to keep that?  If part of Nuance (Trans/Nuance) gets to have it provided free I would think they could figure a way to let the rest of us have it also.  ...

Is There A Way To Copy My Shorthand From My Desktop To My Laptop?
Jan 21, 2010

TIA ...

Medquist Provided Computer?
Jan 16, 2010

Does Medquist still provide a computer to transcriptionists.  If so, is there a rental fee or deposit fee?  Also,  is this only for full-time or also for part-time?  Thanks! ...

I Want A New Computer Lap Top Or Desktop
Dec 27, 2009

any opinions?  I know lap tops monitors are small but......might like the portability of working somewhere else beside the h***l hole of my office. ...

Company Provided Computer Other Than MM And Nuance? Precyse Not Hiring Now.
Jul 18, 2014

Nuance not paying me enough to afford my own computer.   ...

How Do I Switch My Shorthand Program From One Computer To Another
Feb 09, 2012

My computer crashed and likely I have my shorthand program on an external hard drive.  I do I put it on my computer ...

MModal Computer
Nov 14, 2012

Anyone with an MModal computer quit?  Know if you can buy it from them?  How much? ...

UDS, *s/l ICON,*
Feb 28, 2013

I've heard this a few times but can't figure out what he's saying. It sounds like icon. In list of tests for someone requesting detox. "Patient had a UDS, *icon*, and blood alcohol level." Thanks. ...

Are There Companies That Provide Computer Besides MModal? Have Heard Precyse Isn't Hiring. NM
Mar 09, 2014

xx ...

Equipment Provided?
Jul 21, 2014

Are there any employers that furnish the necssary hardware anymore?  ...

Does Anyone Know What Key To Go To Desktop
Aug 26, 2012

. ...

For Those Of You With Computers Provided By Your Company SM
Nov 02, 2009

Hi there - i work for a hospital but we were sent home to type 1 year ago. Now my Norton's antivirus is up I was just told by the director of our department that I have to pay for the subscription myself ($45!) and then be reimbursed by the hospital....is this the way it is done?  Seems to me it is a little iffy - just wanted some opinions....thanks! ...

Reduce Services Provided?
May 21, 2012

Those of us working from .07 to .08 cents per line with a service are making .03 cents per line less than we made 25 years ago. How many of you have reduced the services you used to do for clients to compensate for this gross reduction in wages? Is that an option? Should we stop doing ANYTHING but pounding the keyboard, afterall, that is all was get paid for. The rest of our services are unpaid: research, verifying patient data, keeping spreadsheets for the client, phone calls, installing so ...

Antivirus Provided By Company
Oct 10, 2014

Does anyone know if iMedX installs tracking software under the guise of an antivirus program on employees personal computers when hired?  ...

Laptop Or Desktop
Dec 31, 2009

I am considering getting a new computer in the next few months.   Trying to decide between laptop and desktop?  Can you really make speed on the laptop keyboard?  Opinions?  TIA ...

Laptop Or Desktop?
Nov 16, 2010

Is it better to do MT on a laptop or a desktop? ...

How Do You Dispose Of Your Old Desktop Pc?
Dec 28, 2010

I dont want to donate it, just dont feel comfortable doing that even though they say they wipe it clean.  I thought I would follow a YouTube video to see how to remove the hard drive and then break up the rest. Is that silly? What do you do? ...

Need To Buy A New 32-bit Windows 7 Desktop
Apr 18, 2011

I can get the from Dell and Ebay. Does anyone know any brick and mortar stores that would sell computers with 32-bit Windows 7? I tried Staples, Office Max, and Office Depot, and they don't sell them. ...

Which Pays Better? IC Or Employee With Equipment Provided?
Mar 30, 2010

I've got several options out there.  I was with MQ/TL for 12 years.   Transcription experience 25 years.  I'm getting a little freaked out about learning a new platform.  I don't even know Microsoft Word!  I did manage to muddle through it to type a new resume though.  Not too hard.  How much should an IC charge per line to cover taxes, expenses?  Any IC advice would be helpful.  Thanks. ...

If A Company Has Provided You With Equipment, When You Quit, Sm
Oct 27, 2014

do they hold your final check until they receive the equipment? My payday is supposed to be Friday and they were supposed to send me the tags to send back the equipment, but I have not received them yet, and I am thinking I will maybe not be paid on Friday if they have not received the equipment. TIA ...

Desktop Versus Laptop
May 16, 2010

My question is desktop or laptop?  I see advantages both ways.  Any input would be greatly appreciated. TIA! ...

Laptop Versus Desktop?
Jun 16, 2010

I was wondering how many transcriptionists have started using a laptop instead of a true desktop for work?  And by using a laptop, what I mean is hooking up a true mouse and keyboard.  I am debating this and need to make a decision soon... Thanks! ...

How To Link Instant Text From One Desktop To Another? 
Oct 22, 2011

Hi, was wondering if anyone knew how to link Instant Text from one desktop to another?  I have it on my original desktop, but am now working off another server's desktop and cannot figure out to link it, using Meditech.  Thank you!! ...

Working On A Desktop Vs. Laptop....opinions?
Sep 05, 2014

Looking for opinions on whether you all work on a desktop or laptop and the pros/cons on each one? ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Own Personal Computer Versus MQ Supplied Computer?
Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there? Thanks! ...

Here's Another Shorthand Tip...
Oct 17, 2009

Someone recently had an issue with Shorthand and Autocorrect both operating at the same time, and they were apparently fighting with each other, because both of them had some of the same expansions/corrections, so the user was getting duplicate text. I finally worked out a system for myself where Shorthand is used for actual expansions, shortcuts, etc. Autocorrect is restricted to correcting misspelled and mis-capitalized words.If I have done it correctly, never the twain should meet, and I can ...

Shorthand V10 Help
Jun 16, 2011

I've been using Shorthand all along on my work computer and love it, particularly the fact that it works anywhere - email, Word, platforms, etc.    I recently downloaded the trial version for my home computer, but, while it works fine in Word documents, it won't work at all anywhere else.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? ...