A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I hate ASR,I think it is just a dirty trick to make me - transcribe for 4 cents a line

Posted: Jul 19, 2013

I'm just grumbling. Thanks for listening.

It certainly is a dirty trick. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

I Hate Transcend. Their Management Is Nasty And I Cannot Make Even $8.00 An Hour.
May 05, 2011

If you complain about this editing stuff you get told just be glad you have a mess or you would not have a job.  I had to retype a 15 minute editing job because the editor decided it was doing an exam for an obstetrics patient and it should have been for a neurosurgery patient.  How many times have you found a uterus in the brain?  I would not advise anyone to apply for their jobs.  You will just get treated like dirt and they do not care if you make any money or not.  ...

Dirty Keyboard
May 09, 2010

I am using a keyboard that I really like but over time, the keys are getting harder to hit and seem to be "sticking" somewhat  I was going to buy another one but I can't find one just like the one I have already.  Do any of you have any tips for cleaning the keyboard, besides canned air, to help with the keys?  Thanks in advance and hope you all have a great evening! ...

DIRTY POSTING
Nov 16, 2013

I want to share my comments about DIRTY POSTs on MTStars. I was just informed about such post about Ascend Healthcare. I have worked for this company since 2000. Some honest clarification would help. Their MT rates are $0.075 [750 lines per shift], $0.085 per lines [1,000 lines per shift] and $0.12 per line for very special MTs. They pay $0.04/$0.06 per line for editing. They pay $0.8 per RAD VR report editing and $0.035 for VR transcription. Their hourly rates are in the range of $10 - $14. ...

It Is A Trick
Mar 03, 2010

I think that some of the people out here are just trying to get us to quit so they can have our primary work ... I for one am not giving up my primary work to anyone!!!   ...

New MT Learned Old Trick
Aug 26, 2010

After searching for an MT job for 3 months, I was blessed to get a job as a newbie.  Unfortunately, I have been transcribing for hours and hours 5 days a week and most likely will not get paid.  Saw some posts too late about the company not paying ICs.  ...

EditScript Trick
Nov 12, 2014

This is new to me, so I apologize if its not new to you, but figured this was worth posting. I found out by chance a couple days ago that if you press the CNTL key and scroll up or down with the mouse that it increases/decreased the size of the text on the screen without affecting the final document as far as changing font size, etc.  I use ES 9 most of the time, so not sure if it works for ES 11 or other versions, but worth a try.  I work on a 17 inch monitor and the type was small a ...

Another Nifty Shorthand Trick
Nov 11, 2009

Elsewhere, someone just suggested that you can use it to pop up reminders to yourself on the screen. I've been hauling around a little green loose-leaf notebook since about 1976, with words and phrases I had/have trouble remembering. Many of the words in it have been made long-since obsolete because now we have spell-check. But there are still any number of things that it might be hard to remember all the time. For instance... I had to write down what the numbers after gravida and par ...

Evulsion/avulsion Trick?
Feb 10, 2011

What's your trick for remembering the difference between evulsion (pulling out) and avulsion (tearing away)?  I used to have one, but I forgot what it was!! :-( ...

Trick On Fluency With Line Count
Apr 15, 2015

I discovered this recently and thought I would share. I always used to punch out to go to the bathroom or anytime I would get up so that my inactive time would not build. I figured out today if you upload a job and don't hit enter again to download the next one Fluency is in limbo. Meaning the inactive time is not being counted against you. SOOO if you need to go throw in that load or laundry or use the bathroom upload the job you are working on but don't download the next one. L ...

Medical History: Left S/l IB Trick Tomy
Nov 15, 2009

left s/l IB or IV trick tomy ...

Good Grief!! Is There A Trick To Doing Clinic Work? Or Am I Just Not Cut Out For It? Sm
Feb 08, 2010

In the last few months I have gone from acute care to clinic work and I cannot live off what I am making!!!  Help!!  These jobs are short, and getting in and out of them, finding docs names, addresses, dos, etc., are so time consuming, I am feel like I am going backwards!!!  HELP!! ...

"Pregnancy Was Complicated By S/l *trick* Which Was Treated*?? N/m
Oct 12, 2011

nm ...

I HATE MY JOB, I HATE THIS LIFE
Jul 09, 2011

I HATE that I am tied to my office just waiting for work to come in on two different companies.  I HATE that I just quit a third company because of LACK OF COMMUNICATION (gave my notice to Keystrokes, no response from ANYONE).  What is wrong with these people?  They demand certain things of us but we have no rights?  I HATE HATE HATE it and as soon as I possibly can find another job, I will LEAVE MT WORLD FOREVER.  I HATE THAT I HAVE NO LIFE WITH THIS PROFESSION.  H ...

End Of My Rope. Hate My Job, Hate What Has Become
Feb 18, 2014

of the medical field in general. What happened to all the American doctors? Has it become so blasted easy for foreigners to come over and get a job as a doctor or are Americans so damn-ass lazy that they don't want to get the education? Or is to so blasted expensive that no one can afford to become a doctor unless you are a foreign student? So freaking sick and tired of all these foreign dictators who speak so fast and sloppy. What the heck is going to become of our health care when we can& ...

Worried About Being Able To Even Make What I Used To Make Doing
Apr 11, 2011

I seem to be spending an awful lot of time in VR documents, so I am confused as to why I am getting paid less for them.  This stupid VR system types whatever it thinks it might be hearing and sometimes doesn't type anything at all.  I hate this VR.  I am up to 1800 lines but usually do 2200-2500 a day on straight transcription.  I don't know how I am going to feed my children.  I am a single mom and the head of household.  Believe me the child support isn& ...

I Sure Would Hate To Be A CTL Right Now
Mar 04, 2010

I sure would hate to be a CTL right now and be trying to sell this bag of doody.  They must absolutely need a job worse than ME!  ...

I Hate This Job I Hate This Job
Jul 02, 2010

MY VENT TODAY:  I hate QA, I hate my job.  My pay is HALF of what it was 15 years ago and I get picked and PICKED AND HOUNDED to death on meaningless garbage in a report.  Take away my benefits, make me a literal slave to a keyboard, pay me utter crap, treat me like less than a human, and DEMAND PERFECTION. What a stupid field I am in.   PS - If I wasn't too old, if the economy wasnt tanked, and if if if I would be out of this so-called profession. i would have left a ...

Why I Hate QA
Mar 29, 2010

I type a lot of crap, but just had the worst doc I think I ever had.  Had 11 QA markers so I sent it to QA thinking they might actually LIKE getting some work since they are about to be history.  Anyways, this bi*ch marked 2 CRITICAL ERRORS and did an audit on it (which was still 96.5% in spite of everything I am glad to say).  QA you wonder why we have such a bad attitude?  That was totally unnecessary.  ...

You May Hate VR, But
Jun 24, 2010

http://www.nuance.com/news/pressreleases/2010/20100622_mDollarAward.asp ...

Hate This Job
Jul 15, 2010

I spend a lot of time typing for a huge university hospital clinic with no ADT.  Have to type in all patient information.  Almost every report is a LETTER.  Referring physician has to be typed into the ADT.  Then the letter recipient information has to be typed in and lo and behold have to re-type it into the cc list for the doc to get a copy of the letter.  I wonder why I can't run a decent line count?  I spend 50% of my time typing in information that I am no ...

I Hate This Job!
Nov 14, 2011

x ...

Hate To Ask, But . . .
Dec 23, 2011

No Jobs Available what is the process?  (This is quicker than wading through the MQ Central site).  I don't usually have NJA (sorry) --- before you flame me I do type really yucky stuff mostly :)  Thanks.  I know to clock in for the 15 minutes, but last time I got reamed by CCM for not having some sort of "ticket number?"  Is it through the MQ Central site? ...

I Hate To Say It But Thank God For You All..
Feb 23, 2012

I mean really, I have been doing this for like 15 long ass years.. And NEVER have I felt so stupid in my life..I used to make almost 36 K a year, depending on how hard I wanted to work..I work my ass of for this company and, welll, I have yet to check my W2s cause it will make me sick..Im so SORRY your all in the same boat, but at least I am not as dumb as I was beginning to think.. ...

I Hate MT CO
Jun 18, 2012

Just love applying for jobs and having to take their stupid test just to get a reply of the position has been filled as of Friday and we will keep your resume and test on file.  Yeah right.  I never hear anything back from those Co. I tested for.  Does anyone?  What a waste of my time.  Wish they would just say up front we have 2 positions available and 500 people testing, so I would know up front that it is just a waste of my f****** time.   Starting ...

Don't Ya Hate This?
Aug 19, 2012

I sure wish Dr "UM," would go away arleady.  Geez, this one starts every sentence with, "Next, um . . . . (long pause) blah, blah um blah, um . . . .  This job is 24 minutes long packed with about 9,500 instances of using "um" no less than 4 times in every sentence. I have a hard time um you know, um believing um this is a doctor um.  What is that a neurological disorder or language tic of some kind that she has to do that repeatedly? Gads, um . . .  I wish she would ju ...

Hate DQS 7.1
Aug 22, 2012

My line count is in the toilet, it has slowed my computer down. The spell check is missing things like doubled words. The headers are ridiculous.  AND I use the mouse a lot more because half the time the arrow keys don't seem to work. This SUCKS ...

Don't You Just Hate It When
Oct 05, 2012

Don't you just hate it when you've got a dictation that is so fraught with static, and it sounds like the dictator is 100  miles away from the phone, but you actually can make out the words, just barely, and you'd love to leave all blanks because it's such a chore to hear any of it, but you can't, of course, because you can make it out?  Several of these in a row is enough to make me want to punch my computer!  (or eat lots of chocolate!) ...

Hate My Job
Jan 29, 2013

"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar." -George Carlin ...

I Hate My Job, I Hate ASR
Jan 30, 2013

x ...

I HATE My Job
Apr 21, 2013

I have been at Nuance 4 months and don't know how I am going to go through another week there. I do not know if it is just the account I am on or what but I keep getting assigned horrible ESL dictators. There r good dictators on this account also, but I cannot seem to get those very often. I am just about to throw in the towel... I just can't quit but I am actually afraid I am going to get fired because I cannot meet this stupid line count with these type of dictators and secondly I ...