A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

medical history: left s/l IB trick tomy - Kelley

Posted: Nov 15, 2009

left s/l IB or IV trick tomy

medical history: left s/l IB trick tomy - Kelley - blueslady

[ In Reply To ..]
It could be IBS and tracheotomy if it is in past history.

s/l trick tomy - icmt

[ In Reply To ..]
any history of psych issues? Trichotillomania - pulling hair out.

IBS and tracheotomy - blueslady

[ In Reply To ..]
If it is in past history I would probably going with IBS and tracheotomy.

Thanks for the help. He does say left though,I don't think that fits. - Kelley

[ In Reply To ..]
I just don't think either suggestion fits. I definitely cannot hear the an S in IBS. Thanks for the help though!

dont' guess at this....sm - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]
If it were IBS, "left" would not make sense.

Too many things come to mind for this, i.e., left nephrectomy, left oophorectomy, etc.

ok, how about left eye vitrectomy? - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Past Surgical History S/l *terwigin* Removed From Left Eye?? Thanks. Nm
Jul 02, 2011

nm ...

Female's Social History, Dr Clearly Said Patient Lives At Home With Her Wife. I Left It SM
Jan 17, 2015

Did not know if gay marriage was legal in that state (PA)  but it was certainly what was said.,, so I didn't want to flag it either.  Fortunately, I no longer work for Nuance.  No telling what kind of dings I wold have gotten for that.   ...

Past Medical History
Jun 26, 2010

Past medical history is given as below.  Not sure if the s/l goes where I put it or not since I don't know what he is talking about. Paraplegia secondary to spinal cord ischemia. status post stenting aortic aneurysm.  Iliac artery aneurysms bilaterally. Esophagitis. Umbilical hernia repair. transurethral resection of the prostate. Thoracic aortic stent s/l 6 of 18. Excisional debridement of sacral ulcer right hip ulceration. ...

H&P Past Medical History
Sep 16, 2013

The patient underwent left *av facial accretion*.  I don't have anything else to help figure it out and I can't verify it.   ...

Fall In Past Medical History
Apr 20, 2012

Hello!  Can "fall" be listed as an item in past medical history?  Like past medical history of fall?  Sounds wierd to me, but just wanted to check. ...

In A Past Medical History - S/l - Inacious
Sep 02, 2014

I have heard this before, but I'm drawing a total blank and every way I spell it I keep getting spanish words or names of Saints back (argh)! The full sentence reads: (the blank s/l inacious, ignatus, or something similar) No significant chest pain or troubles breathing during exercise. No specific history of arrhythmias in the past. Does not appear to be _____. No history of stroke, diabetes, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure. Appreciate any help, Thanks, M ...

Well, So Far He's Dictated Past Medical History 3 Times
Nov 11, 2010

First time actually turned out to be social history, second time started out sort of sound like medical history which was basically noncontributory, but then turned into the review of systems, and now the third time may actually be the charm.  Now I've just got a lot of heavy breathing while he figures out what's next.  Thank goodness my night is over in another hour or so. ...

Medical History Of Non-obstructive Coronary Artery disease
Mar 09, 2015

The patient has a past medical history of non-obstructive coronary artery disease in the setting of a nomal "Gatten score".  ...

Under Past Medical History He Says What Sounds Lilke *pee Vera* And Depression?? Thanks. Nm
Dec 20, 2009

nm ...

Male Patient Under Past Medical History - S/l *polysectomy Nuvera*??? Thanks. Nm
Apr 04, 2010

nm ...

Inferior Pole S/l Pye-lo-lec-tomy?
Oct 28, 2011

I came across patellectomy, but it clearly sounds like pi-low-lectomy. The sentence is: "I think the best course of action would probably be to do an inferior pole *s/l pye-lo-lectomy* and just primary repair of the inferior patellar tendon portion back to the patellar bone."   Thank you very much for your help! ...

Medical Transcription School Has Left Me A Little Unnerved
Feb 14, 2010

I recently had an experience with an MT school that has left me a little unnerved.  Therefore, I have a couple of questions for those who are currently attending school or have completed an MT program.  Were you provided statistics about the number of actual graduates?  Schools can have a lot of enrollees but it’s my opinion that the number of actual graduates matters. Were you provided any information about the qualifications of your instructors?  My next question is for the experienced M ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

In Medical History: S/l "tet" Tubes As A Child.
Apr 24, 2013

maybe pet tube? ...

Pt Has A History Of S/l Bowel-en-i-tis Bi-mo-sis. Pt Also Has A History Of Colon CA.
Jan 21, 2010

x   ...

It Is A Trick
Mar 03, 2010

I think that some of the people out here are just trying to get us to quit so they can have our primary work ... I for one am not giving up my primary work to anyone!!!   ...

New MT Learned Old Trick
Aug 26, 2010

After searching for an MT job for 3 months, I was blessed to get a job as a newbie.  Unfortunately, I have been transcribing for hours and hours 5 days a week and most likely will not get paid.  Saw some posts too late about the company not paying ICs.  ...

EditScript Trick
Nov 12, 2014

This is new to me, so I apologize if its not new to you, but figured this was worth posting. I found out by chance a couple days ago that if you press the CNTL key and scroll up or down with the mouse that it increases/decreased the size of the text on the screen without affecting the final document as far as changing font size, etc.  I use ES 9 most of the time, so not sure if it works for ES 11 or other versions, but worth a try.  I work on a 17 inch monitor and the type was small a ...

Under "Review Of Past Medical History" He Says "Doctor Diagnosed, Etc." Is This
Sep 12, 2010

Under "Review of Past Medical History" he says "Doctor diagnosed, etc." for several paragraphs. Is this a heading or does it need a colon after "diagnosed?" ...

Another Nifty Shorthand Trick
Nov 11, 2009

Elsewhere, someone just suggested that you can use it to pop up reminders to yourself on the screen. I've been hauling around a little green loose-leaf notebook since about 1976, with words and phrases I had/have trouble remembering. Many of the words in it have been made long-since obsolete because now we have spell-check. But there are still any number of things that it might be hard to remember all the time. For instance... I had to write down what the numbers after gravida and par ...

Evulsion/avulsion Trick?
Feb 10, 2011

What's your trick for remembering the difference between evulsion (pulling out) and avulsion (tearing away)?  I used to have one, but I forgot what it was!! :-( ...

I Hate ASR,I Think It Is Just A Dirty Trick To Make Me
Jul 19, 2013

I'm just grumbling. Thanks for listening. ...

Trick On Fluency With Line Count
Apr 15, 2015

I discovered this recently and thought I would share. I always used to punch out to go to the bathroom or anytime I would get up so that my inactive time would not build. I figured out today if you upload a job and don't hit enter again to download the next one Fluency is in limbo. Meaning the inactive time is not being counted against you. SOOO if you need to go throw in that load or laundry or use the bathroom upload the job you are working on but don't download the next one. L ...

Good Grief!! Is There A Trick To Doing Clinic Work? Or Am I Just Not Cut Out For It? Sm
Feb 08, 2010

In the last few months I have gone from acute care to clinic work and I cannot live off what I am making!!!  Help!!  These jobs are short, and getting in and out of them, finding docs names, addresses, dos, etc., are so time consuming, I am feel like I am going backwards!!!  HELP!! ...

"Pregnancy Was Complicated By S/l *trick* Which Was Treated*?? N/m
Oct 12, 2011

nm ...

Hyphens- 3-day-history Or 3 Day History?
Nov 01, 2010

3-day-history or 3 day history? ...

Dr. Dictates OB History And GYN History
Aug 20, 2011

Doctor dictates "OB history" and "GYN history" on a Discharge Summary, under Past Medical history. Should I spell out Obstetric and Gynecological is it okay to leave as dictated. I forgot. jn ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Electroencephalogram: Left Temporal Focal Slowing In The 6 Hz Range With Left Temporal Sharp Transie
Apr 18, 2010

nm ...

Preop Diagnosis Is S/l"kay-less" Foot Left. The Procedure Is Left S/l "cold" Mid
May 26, 2010

left calcaneal osteotomy.  ...