A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So tired of getting dinged for item that was pended - newbutold

Posted: Feb 27, 2015

I have a very low pending rate.  I very rarely have to pend, but there was a discrepancy in the header so I pended it and explained that in the box.  I get a QC1 review (I know this doesn't count but it doesn't make it any less stupid!!) with a 1.0 major error for the very thing I pended it for.  This in no way makes sense.  I requested a reversal (Know it makes no difference, it's the irritation).  I put it in the comments and asked them to please explain this to me and how can this be put against me when I PENDED THE STUPID THING IN THE FIRST PLACE TO BRING TO THEIR ATTENTION.  So sick of crap like this. 

I have been getting things like that lately, too. - MUPpuppy. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I completely understand your frustration, newbutold. Hopefully you are successful in your reversal. I pended a job and was dinged 1.0 major error for word omission or something like that--on a blank. It was not post audit, so not going to try for a reversal, too tired to play their games, and just do not care anymore. Only 102 days until I can begin my escape from here.

Getting dinged for pend - Been there, done that., no msg

[ In Reply To ..]

Same thing happened to me... - kk

[ In Reply To ..]
About a week ago. I had pended a report because the speaker was a male, and the name in the speaker field was obviously female. He did not state what his name was, so I pended to verify the correct speaker. When I checked FIESA, the QC'd report came back with an error that I did not enter in the correct speaker's name...duh, that's why I pended the report. Can't enter in the correct name if he doesn't say what it is. It was reversed. My TSM knows I will throw a fit. Same thing has happened several times since then, so I'm assuming there's a training issue in India?

just so annoying - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't heard yet if mine was reversed. Two of the items I requested was rejected but haven't heard on the one I pended for the reason they gave me a major error on??? How stupid can they be. The other one wsa they gave me an error in the spelling of a medicine. This medicine I have always typed a certain way and when you Google it, it actually comes up 2 ways. I have never ever been corrected for this and I have been doing this for well over 20 years and I actually have a box of this in my medicine cabinet and I spell it the way it is written on my box and they marked it off. I will definitely scream over this one if they do not reverse it.

Similar Messages:

Pended Reports To QA
Jan 01, 2013

Is it just me or does anyone else have this prob.  When I am reviewing my reports that I have pended to QA for blanks, I am now noticing where some of the "regular" QA people aren't quite as hard on me - however, there is one particular QA person whose name I have never seen before and that person is BRUTAL with my reports - it is just downright pathetic - worse than the other QA people ever were. Maybe this QA person isn't new to QA but just new to me. I feel so darn incompetent ...

How To Prove I Pended A Dictation?
May 10, 2013

Is there any way to prove that I pended a report? I got 3 points deducted in Fiesa for supposedly not pending 3 incomplete reports. I remember doing these because they were all from the same dictator and were all 3 in a row. I remember typing DICTATION ENDS HERE and pending them. Can anyone help? ...

Counting Pended Lines
Mar 05, 2015

So far this week, I have pended 300 lines to QC -- all VR lines -- those are the *actual* lines.  If counted as converted lines, then it's only 150 lines.  Do they "convert" those pended lines for VR?  They should - if we don't get paid for a full line of VR, then we shouldn't get charged for pending full VR lines.  Dontcha think?? ...

Interesting Item About Speech Recognition
Jan 23, 2011

This is an interesting item about MT compensation for editing from someone at M*Modal.  The link: http://mmodal2.wordpress.com/2010/07/23/mt-compensation/ ...

Can't Number Just One Item, How Do I Remove Bullet
Oct 08, 2012

I can't seem to find how to take the bullet out.  Doc said "#1" but only gave one item. ...

Tired Of Stress, Tired Of Crying, I HATE MY JOB!!!!!!! Nm
May 19, 2010

nm ...

2 Problems- S/l Exportation And Woud You Delete A Repeated Item?
Dec 11, 2009

In particular, although she is frequently in a wheelchair, saying she cannot walk, with exportation her gait if fairly narrow-based, reflexes are symmetric, there is no long-tract sign, and gait is fairly narrow-based.   s/l exportation, although the only reference I see is to the exporting of goods. ...

Dinged If You Do
Jan 29, 2013

We have an account on 100% QA which is checked by MMEs.  No 2 grade alike.  If the doctor doesn't dictate "Laboratory Data" so you don't put it, you get a nasty note, "'Laboratory Data' should have been inserted here."  So the next report, you put in "Laboratory Data" and get a nasty note "He DID NOT dictate this header!"  Can't win with this dirtbag scum-sucking cluster*&^% of a company. ...

I Get Dinged Because A Doctor Can't Speak
May 21, 2013

I mean seriously this catering to their stupidy is starting to get old. Granted they aren't major errors. But, my theory is if they cannot give me the courtesy of even remotely completing a sentence, much less a paragraph here lately, I am sending it through. I know I can look at the repository and figure most of the stuff out, but that is a guess at best and not a chance I am willing to take with patient care. Sick of it!!! Unfortunately, my main offenders are 100% QA accounts so QA f ...

I Was Dinged For Dividing A Run-on Sentence!
Apr 04, 2014

There was a long run-on sentence, so I made it 2 sentences. I got 25 points taken off because, and I quote, *it almost changes the meaning.* So, now you watch - I will get dinged for leaving run-on sentences! Can't win! ...

Dinged On Audit For D.O (said I Had Missing Period)
Jan 17, 2011

Yeah, welcome MQ for all the hard work I do and money I make you.  ...

Correcting Redundant Grammar And Dinged By QA
Aug 09, 2013

Okay, I just started working here and I've been trying to keep my reports perfect.  When a doctor says "past medical history," I've been just typing "medical history" because isn't past and history together being redundant?  I'm still on 100% QA and all my feedback has the "past" put back in.  I'm not on a verbatim account, so shouldn't me correcting this be okay?   ...

Getting Dinged For Missing/inserted Words
Mar 05, 2014

There have been quite a few complaints lately about getting audits back where the auditors have inserted or taken away words such as: the, of, a/an, etc. The omission or insertion of these words when not dictated is something that should be captured as an error. However, the point value for such an error usually is zero. This type of error is usually a feedback and educational opportunity error. Because they have a value of zero, you could potentially have 20 of these errors and still have ...

I Am Sick Of Getting Dinged For "illogical" Text.
Mar 27, 2014

Being that I have 30 years experience, have been here for about 8 years, and have never had bad audits but am now being failed and under performance management, I figure I am on their target list, and it is just a matter of time before I am out of here either by their hand or my hand (haven't landed the new job in the new career yet). So, I might as well go down with a good fight. I have been dinged for "illogical" text despite leaving the text as dictated. I had 1 that I am sure I w ...

Can You Believe I Just Got Dinged For "expanding" UTI Under Diagnoses?
Aug 06, 2012

Has the rules changed?  I always expand disease abbreviations under the diagnoses heading?  ...

I Get Dinged For Adding "the Or A"
Dec 15, 2014

and I go through back reports to figure out this dictator from heck and someone has elephant stirrups on a GYN report, seriously? ...

So Tired
Dec 09, 2009

I have sent tons of resumes, NOT ONE reply, NOT ONE call...I have 14 years of experience and I need a job ASAP.  Used to be easy to find a job in this field.  I am so tired and disheartened by these companies who place ads, but do not take the time to even respond via auto reply or ANYTHING.... ...

Same Tired Old Job Ads
Jul 14, 2010

I wonder if we'll ever again see a job posting that looks attractive and isn't posted by one of the big mouthed bass that has taken over the industry. ...

Another One....i'm Tired
Nov 16, 2010

If it appeared degenerative or (sounds like synovenectin) she would like a mini open ...

NJA : I'm So *%^&* Tired Of Having To Sit In This
Mar 14, 2011

Cleaning up elephant-poo would be more exciting and rewarding than this. Likely far more lucrative, too. ...

Too Tired To Think
Aug 24, 2011

Pt has a thumb laceration with nerve repair.  Doc dictates:  His Tinel's sign is past the DIP now. I've never heard mention about the Tinel's sign being past the DIP.  Is this correct?  THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!!! ...

Tired Of It Yet?
Oct 07, 2011

Almost everything I read on this board expresses a common thread of disgust with the Q.  If you really hate that the work is going to India, if you really hate that MedQuist is a greedy heartless monster, and if you really despise what is happening to our medical records because of this company, why keep helping it out by staying and helping them make more money by paying slave wages?  I see these words and phrases:  unethical, greedy, corrupt, lower and lower wages, wor ...

Are We Tired Enough Of ISR?
Jun 26, 2012

Are you as tired as I am of making dumb little corrections in the ISR system? This morning, I am spending all my time “uncapitalizing” regular words in the middle of sentences. Where does it come up with the underline in the middle of laboratory values (1._4). It adds a colon after dates and this morning the abbreviation, MD, is after some of the headings. There are no paragraphs. I delete numbers in a list because they are never right and it is easier than going back and changing the ...

So Very, Very Tired Of This
Apr 08, 2013

I do not like working this late.  But, this is generally when the work is available and I understand that it is my best chance of getting work.  Not very many people on my account on a Monday night.  I see 23 reports, op notes, that are easy lines, require an insert, and right when I am about to begin to be able to download them, all of them are gone.  This happens all the freakin time.  Somebody had to pull and assign them for them to disappear in a chunk like that.&nbs ...

I'm So Tired Of Seeing Ads Looking For Help -
Apr 14, 2014

at the following places - TTS, SoftScript, Nuance, FutureNet, StenTel, Keystrokes, TransTech...and so forth and so on.  These companies need to sit back and ask themselves - hmmmmm why can't we keep MTs employed, why doesn't anyone want to work for us, why do we always have ads posted on the job boards....... ...

Tired Of This
Aug 16, 2014

I've been feeling the desire to hang up transcription for good..tired of the nitpicking..the no raise in pay..the feeling of being anonymous..etc...put application in at the hospital.  Yes, I have loved being at home for a really long time now but getting to where I just hate this. Is there life after transcription?  Suggestions appreciated! ...

So Tired Of It All
May 05, 2015

I'm so tired of doctors putting in the wrong patient name, sounding like they're talking through a garden hose, and mumbling. ...

Testing And Tired :(
Nov 29, 2009

It is getting very hard to even find the energy to test anymore. I have tested till I am blue in the face and dont understand why it is so hard to get a job in this profession. I graduated top of my class with a 3.98 and you would think I would have had a job by now. I did not think it would be this hard to land a good job but wow this really is a hard profession to get started in. I seem to do well on the test and dictations but they always send me emails telling me they have already filled th ...

TIRED OF NO RAISES, VERY LITTLE PAY
Nov 30, 2009

Visit:  http://www.opeiu.org/ContactUs/tabid/100/Default.aspx We deserve to be protected:  "Your right to form a union is protected by long-standing U.S. labor laws. While most employers use all kinds of excuses why unions aren’t needed and put up challenges to block organizing efforts, workers succeed every day in building powerful employee organizations. OPEIU can provide you and your co-workers with the tools and support needed to organize a union where you work. You can ...

I Am So Tired Of The Trash!!
Dec 09, 2009

One of my backup accounts is nothing but garbage.  Almost completely ESL.  They can BARELY speak English as it is, but they also choose to whisper and talk as if they have a mouth full of marbles.  I have the volume completely turned up and I can still barely hear them.  My reports are going through today looking like they've been shredded with a machine gun with all the QA markers. I just don't have the energy or patience today to try and figure out what the h3ll ...