A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How is accidentally omitting the DOS in the ADT a critical error? - nm

Posted: May 14, 2012

x

Good Question - asked the same thing

[ In Reply To ..]
a few months ago when I got one. Never got a satisfactory answer, other than "Because I said so."

Because they need it for billing and its all about the money. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

If the correct patient and visit are chosen, the DOS hardly - seems like a critical error. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x
It's "critical" but not critical enough to get paid for. We don'the get paid - to type it in the ADT. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

just humor them - slave wages

[ In Reply To ..]
it's majorly important to them. More important even than what's in the document itself. So be sure you put it. Double check. Humor them.

Date of Service - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have often said that MTs should be given a field trip to a hospital HIM department to see what the reports look like and how date of service, referring physician etc. all come into play. If you are working on a consultation and you do not put the dictated date of service, that consultant when the time comes to get paid by the insurance company will not get paid because there is not a date on it. So that critical error is yours. It is a critical error because it affects patient care. If you put the date of dictation in as the date of service, and the Client Profile does not state to do so, that too is a critical error. Put yourself in that report. If that was your report, and had a wrong date on it, wouldn't you, the patient be upset? As for filling the ADT there is a new thing now where the ADT will be prefilled if the physician enters the information in correctly. ADT is a very critical part of a patient's report.

Docs never fill the DOS. We do it manually, but we don'the get paid for it. - Must not be too critical. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

We spend time searching, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
verifying, and correcting patient info & account numbers, which is the most important factor in patient care & billing, yet they don't pay us for that either. Sending a CC to the wrong doctor is a HIPAA violation, but we don't get paid for researching that either. I honestly don't see how they get away with make us research & enter things, yet not pay us.
They also don't pay us the straight typing rate when we have to retype bad SR - MT2
[ In Reply To ..]
I just mentioned in another post, every time I have to retype at 4 cpl when I should be paid 10 cpl what SR messes up royally, my mind says to me "stop it! You don't get paid for this!" But then, I rationalize I NEED A JOB. That's bottom line! I got so poor as an MT I lost my car and cannot find a job outside the house. That was my fault. Now I am glad I am here b/c I know I will get minimum wage every week and the rent and a little more will be paid (utilities). I thank God for that. This is coming from someone who earned 50K "back in the day," and slowly went into the muck and mire. So, while we don't get paid to research, and we don't get paid to retype (no F11 allowed on my team), well, we are grateful to have a job. I am. I truly am. So there is something strange going on here... is this perhaps that syndrome where those being held hostage start thanking the one who holds them hostage? Seriously... folks...

fine line...sm - boost

[ In Reply To ..]
we are told to fill DOS even if not dictated BUT if somewhere in the report dictator says "today" then we are to fill in the DOS that corresponds to the dictated date. How do WE know that dictator did not see the patient yesterday. Afterall they are human too and make mistakes.

Similar Messages:

Got A Critical Error For "omitting Dictation Of A Critical Nature."
Jan 04, 2010

The dictator said "... will get cardiac enzymes and will get a carotid Doppler in the morning...", or something similar, I have deleted the report.  I left out the second will.  This is not a verbatim account.  Critical error for omitted dictation pertains to lab results, normal values, etc.  I didn't think the word will meets that criteria.  I also had Tylenol No. 3 changed to Tylenol #3.  The drug lists still show it as No. 3.  ...

So, I Get A Critical Error...
Apr 19, 2014

I'm supposed to provide feedback. Okay, fine, here it is: It was a typo. I sure learned a lot from your snarky auto message. Why do you have to keep making people feel bad for making a freaking typing error? Whoever is running the show at Nuance really needs to seek help. All you (they) can do is cut our wages and find fault with our work? It must be stupendously reassuring to be you and be so perfect. ...

Critical Error.
May 07, 2015

Just had my first critical error ever! I'm so upset. BP number. I know I lose major points but am I in any sort of trouble, reprimand or anything like that? I know this job isn't the greatest but I so need it! Very worried. ...

Critical Error On Job Feedback
Nov 13, 2013

I received a notice of critical error that was in red and would not allow me to read the other feedback reports where I left blanks.  Since we have been warned so much about critical errors and how much weight they have, I was afraid to open this report.  The critical error was :  Alert an oriented (but what I should have typed was "alert and oriented."  I forgot the "d" on "and." I can think of so many other things that would have been a crtical error, like leaving out a di ...

Critical Error...my Backside!
Mar 18, 2014

So...I was just dinged for a critical error.  Supposedly, I typed an incorrect medication.  I specifically remembered this dictation and remembered the medication I typed, which was NOT the medication marked in the critical error.  SO - I went into my statistics for the day, pulled up the detail for that particular job and there it was....the CORRECT medication.  Somehow, the correct medication was taken out and the incorrect one was put back in.     You better be ...

Just Made A Critical Error
Mar 31, 2014

Made A Critical Error On My First Job Of The Day
Aug 13, 2014

to mail some overdue bills and pulled out in front of a cop on the way home. I'm almost afraid to breathe the rest of the day. Is this supposed to be Friday, the 13th? ...

Critical Error Question
Dec 10, 2014

Pardon my ignorance, but if you get a critical error on a QC review (meaning NOT a post-audit), that does not count against you? ...

What Constitutes A Critical Error In Your Book?
Dec 04, 2009

Besides medication errors, can you give me some examples of what other errors could affect patient care? ...

Living In Fear Of Critical Error.
Jan 24, 2010

I've got this terror of critical errors.  I shudder every time I check my feedback, if I've left a marker (sometimes I've noticed they'll check the entire report, not just the marker.  Guess it depends on the MME).  What happens if you get a critical error?  Are you back on QA for awhile?  Do you get nasty e-mails?  Do you get canned?  40 lashes? ...

Since When Is Misspelling A Doc Name A Major Critical Error????
Feb 14, 2013

This is a new one to me and laughable honestly. I thought we were to spell phoenetically a doctor's name in the text if we cannot find it or verify it.  So this is what I did as usual and got a MAJOR CRITICAL ERROR for putting the wrong doc name??? WTH. Seems like they are grasping at straws now. What's the deal? We are to be mind readers now and get these names exact every time even when they don't spell, we can't find, etc. etc. Nuance just makes itself look ridiculous ...

So I Finally Got The Dreaded CRITICAL LAB VALUE ERROR
Mar 04, 2015

So 3 points off...short report....and, course failed, 88%......I'm doomed for the next 2 weeks.  Probably now way to get up over 99% at this point.   Anyway, so I went back to check on it (I usually don't bother), I was going to try to relisten (still can't for whatever reason)...but what I DID see was that the report was sent to the client with the apparently incorrect value of 0.5 still on the report.   So they find the error but don't correct it?   ...

I Am TICKED OFF Beyond Belief. I Just Got A Critical Error
Mar 11, 2015

for something that I specifically remember changing to the correct lab value. ...

Audits - How Can You Get A "critical" Error And Still Get 99.3% On An Audit, Thereby
Sep 11, 2011

barely scraping by and passing according to MQ?  I just received an audit that had a score of 99.3%.   I'm told I passed the audit but got a critical error (left out a word) so she will need to do another audit next week.  Fine. But how can I get a critical error (in their eyes anyway) and still "pass" the audit?  More importantly, does anyone know if my pay is going to be docked because of this critical error, or do you just have to get 99% period.   TIA ...

Fiesa "critical Error" Emails
Dec 21, 2012

I noticed I had some "critical error" emails, but when I go into fiesa, they are not showing.  Why wouldn't they be?  I don't know why they make this process so confusing, or maybe its just me.  ...

VR Omitting Pulse
Aug 23, 2014

Anyone else notice multiple SR reports in Vital Signs where the word "Pulse" or just the number is omitted even though it is spoken very clearly? ...

Help Please! I Accidentally Turned Off
Feb 25, 2013

the capitalize first letter of each sentence function. I don't know how I did it or I could probably turn it back on. ...

Ugh, I Just Accidentally Hit A Key Combo That
Feb 21, 2015

report to upload.  I hope that automatically pends to QC so it doesn't go to the client like that.  To the QC who gets this report...I apologize!  I hope you don't have to edit the report--hopefully you can send it right back to me?  I alerted my TSM in Spark and he just said "don't worry it will autopend."  ...

Help!!!! I Accidentally Turned Expanders Off!!!
Nov 19, 2009

I cannot find anything on this junk desk!!!!!  Please help!!! ...

I Accidentally Deleted Alt+A, Add To Dictionary.
May 16, 2011

I was working on some macros and needed a command for changing text to Arial 11.  I'm thinking "hmmmm, Arial, A." Let's make it Alt+A.  Does it tell me that's already assigned to something?  Nooooooo.  I totally forgot it's part of the spell checker commands.  So now, when I do spell checks, I don't have the option to add words to the dictionary.  How do I get Alt+A back to it's original state?  I deleted the macro I'd made, ...

VR Question...accidentally Activated Something
Aug 10, 2011

To make a LONG story as short as possible...  Background info: I am an MT who works from home for a hospital. I have full-time employee status, and we do have a Union.  After several years of working onsite, I finally started working from home in May of this year. I am not a "Medical Records" MT. I was/am considered a "specialized" MT as I was hired to transcribe for two different specialties (20 hours each week for both spec ...

My Doctor Accidentally Encrypted His Dictation
Sep 04, 2014

Hi I posted this once but not sure if it went through.  I use Olympus Transcriptoin Kit and can usually transcribe any type of voice file by dragging it into the system.  One of my doctors accidentally encrypted his dictation and now my transcription module asks me for a password to decrypt it.  The problem being of course he doesn't even know how he did that and I am not sure how to get this encrypted from here. I don't think I can do it on my end and to ask him to figu ...

Prevent Accidentally Saving Over Template
May 10, 2015

I have tried to train my brain to use Save As to prevent saving over my templates but I still save over them all too often.  I am using Instant Text but still don't have shortcuts for a lot of my doctors in there yet.  Any advice is much appreciated. ...

Help, I Accidentally Turned On The Huge ADT Box At The Top Of The Report And Don't Remember How
May 31, 2011

off.  Thx. ...

HIPAA Violation? My HMO's Records Dept Accidentally Sent
Jan 10, 2015

instead of my own.  I called and told the person (it was the exact person that I had send the records)  and he acted like it was no big deal -- he just goes, "oh could you bring that back here today?"  Of course I will bring them back, but I think it was funny how he made it seem like there was nothing wrong with the scenario.  He probably thought I had no idea about HIPAA.  ...

Is Every Error A Major Error Now?
Jul 31, 2013

Is every error, both real or fabricated, a major error now? Are there no levels of error any longer?  Seems that EVERYTHING under the sun that can be made up is a major freakin' error.  I would swear that I did not even make any of these and that these are fabricated.  WTH?  ...

Critical Backlog
Jan 29, 2010

Isn't it "strange" how it goes from NJA to "critical backlog" in nothing flat?  SA5 here... Must be the weekend.  Here's a laugh for you though:  ASR report (of course)  - social history:   "he lives with his wife who is alive"...   Good thing huh!  LOL! ...

Critical Feedback
Mar 31, 2010

I have very rarely ever gotten critical feedback and today I have gotten like 7-8 reports returned to me.   I find it so hard to believe that I am all of a sudden I am getting all this critical feedback.  :( ...

CRITICAL ERRORS
Jun 15, 2010

Has anyone at the Q been getting hit by "critical errors" on crazy stuff that has never been an issue BEFORE?   All of the sudden, after no feedback for about a month, no audits, nada, zilch, I got my audit and was given critical feedback for not capitilizing a department! (recovery room, radiology suite, cardiac cath lab...)  AND, in a verbatim report, with a client profile that says specifically, DO NOT ADD A HEADING IF ONE IS NOT DICTATED, for NOT adding a heading!  This makes me nuts ...

So What Is The Process If You Get A Critical Err
Jun 24, 2011

GD SOB! Have been passing all the audits with flying colors (99% or better), even the audit earlier this week.  but then I got an email today of a report with critical errors.  Real bad doctor who mumbles and changes his mind in midsentence but doesn't say 'scratch that' or 'correction' or anything like that.  sheesh.  so do they automatically put you on disciplinary action or cut your pay for one bad report?  or do i hope that on my next ...