A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone heard about their Thanksgiving request yet? - NM

Posted: Nov 07, 2012

x

I was denied PTO and then the account I was on is - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
no longer using Mmodal but I still do not have off! Maybe I'll call in sick - sick of working all the other holidays so I can take off for Thanksgiving and still get denied PTO. This company blows!

Sorry to hear that - it becomes

[ In Reply To ..]
very frustrating because you have PTO and when you want to use it you get denied or you run out of PTO because of OOW. It is a no win situation. There probably should be some sort of policy in place rotating the holiday time off, etc.

Most likely there won't be any work and you - can have the day off anyway. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Yes. An email was sent and hundreds of - us were told to work.

[ In Reply To ..]
Managers are just too busy to even think of attempting to go through the Thanksgiving requests. We were told to work Thanksgiving Day and if there is work, then work. If there is no work and the manager hopes there will be no work, then we can just take the whole day off.

Been here for over 20 years. Almost all Thanksgiving there is no work and even the day after, Black Friday. Only a couple of Holidays there was some work, but hit and miss.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Similar Messages:

Since The Window To Request Thanksgiving Has Closed
Oct 22, 2014

and the window to request Christmas is about to open, and the new rule our "scheduler" made up is that we can only take one of them, it would be nice if she would PROCESS THE THANKSGIVING REQUESTS SO WE KNOW IF WE CAN REQUEST CHRISTMAS OR NOT.    On a side note, since we can only take one of them, I suspect because she thinks it will make her job easier, that's going to throw way too many people working on completely dead holidays, which will lead to her having to fill out a ton ...

THANKSGIVING PTO
Oct 13, 2009

Asked for Thanksgiving off back in September and still have not been granted.  Have sent numerous emails asking for decision and still nothing.  Anybody else in same boat? ...

Thanksgiving OOW
Nov 27, 2014

Ok so I rushed around like a mad woman getting a dinner prepared to be on the table by noon as I had to be on shift by 3.  Guess what No work!  What a joke!  What happens in this situation?  You lose your hours, you lose your pay, you lose your line count for the day?   ...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!
Nov 25, 2009

I am thankful for each and every one of you... the cheerleaders, the naysayers, the nitpickers, the crabbies, the meanies, the helpfuls, the spelling police, the funnies, and the sarcastics. This site eases the stress of the daily grind and I am thankful to have found you all!   Happy Thanksgiving! ...

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone
Nov 24, 2011

In this horrible economy, I personally am very thankful to have a job, good health, a fantastic husband, and a wonderful dog....Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. ...

Has Anyone's CCM Approved Thanksgiving Yet?
Oct 12, 2012

x ...

Keystrokes Thanksgiving Pay?? Sm
Nov 15, 2012

What gives?  Some MTs at KS were told there is not Thanksgiving pay next week while others were not told that............Anybody got the official answer? ...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL- Nm
Nov 21, 2012

x ...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MTS
Nov 22, 2012

I pray everyone on this board has a job that they can be satisfied with. I know there are so many troubles in MT and I hope that in some way God can ease the pain. I am so blessed to have found a good job about two weeks ago. I have been unemployed and this one is a true blessing. It makes we want to work very hard to keep it and do my best. I'm also grateful for all the support from this board while I was unemployed. You all mean a lot to me and I hope I can do the same for others. I ...

Ran Out Of Work On Thanksgiving.
Nov 22, 2012

Today on Thanksgiving I ran out of work. The email says something about an account loop. I have no idea what an account loop is. Can anyone help me. Also something about notifying supervisor. How is this different than any other day when you run out of work. ...

Tied Up On Thanksgiving?
Nov 20, 2014

How many of you have to actually work on Thanksgiving and make minimum wage? Slave labor. ...

Not One Email Since Thanksgiving!
Dec 02, 2014

How many days off do they get?  Not even a backlog summary... ...

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. The NJA Begins..
Nov 25, 2010

Of course i knew it would be this way, so have a Blessed Thanksgiving.  If you are like me you will try off and on to work (as Thursday is my 6 hour day), but it's gonna be okay.  My computer is in the dining room anywho.... (yes, I misspelled it purposely).   Gobble, Gobble, Gobble up all the Hugs and Kisses and Love you can, the only thing this Season can guarantee no weight gain.  The only thing gained is the JOY in your soul... ...

Happy Thanksgiving From MTStars
Nov 25, 2010

MTStars wishes everyone a very happy Thanksgiving.  We are thankful for all of our posters, their opinions, their participation and an opportunity to provide a gathering place for all. MTStars Team   ...

Happy Thanksgiving To All My Fellow MTs
Nov 28, 2013

out there.   If you are working ~ hope there is plenty of work and if you are off ~ hope you have a blessed day with family! ...

New TSMs Istruction For Working Thanksgiving. Does This
Nov 21, 2012

told to clock in at beginning when scheduled.  If no work, clock out.  Then it states to check back EVERY 30 minutes.  If there is work clock in and begin working.  When there are no more jobs clock out.  Keep doing this until end of shift.  Isn't this requiring us to be available for 8 hours but unpaid (most likely)?  Doesn't this even go against MModal's current policy on no work available?   ...

Just Got Big Fat $4.74 Holiday Pay For 3 Hours Work On Thanksgiving. Woohooo!!! Nm
Dec 04, 2013

xx ...

Cannot Request MT Over ME Or ME Or MT
Nov 12, 2009

Up until today I had been keeping my head above water because I was an MT>ME, meaning I got all the typing jobs first and then got ASR.  Well, today we got served a notice that those requests are no longer being honored and everything is going into one big pool.  Just when I think things can't get any worse- THEY DO!  ...

Another Request For Help
Dec 16, 2010

s/ll....The patient was admitted from the clinic where CT "visuals" showed recurrence of disease.  Could 'visuals' be correct?  I'm new to the world of MT, and the foreign doctors are so dang hard to understand.  Thanks for the help...I'm so glad to have found this site. Cindy ...

A Request If Possible
Jun 05, 2012

Good afternoon, everyone. I have a request if it is possible.  Is there anyone here who knows a lot of the companies who I could discuss via e-mail ?  I am hesitant to discuss some of the things I am curious about because I don't want to offend anyone or get banned.  If this is not possible, I understand.  I just have some questions about some of the companies before I decide to apply and someone who knows most of them could really be helpful. Thank you everyone, I app ...

A Request From An MME
Aug 06, 2012

I just typed three-quarters of a report out because the MT gave up after doing a quarter of it.  This wasn't sent by accident because there was a QA not stating that she couldn't understand the dictator.  I'm not angry, but want to relay that if you really can't understand the dictator, either push on through to the end or, as a last resort, break it and let your CCM know immediately with the job number.  You will lose anything you type, but that's the pri ...

Can You Request ASR Only When Working For MQ?
Dec 10, 2010

I would like to work on ASR only and not do regular typing due to hand pain.  Does MQ give you ASR only if you request it or do they make you do both?  Appreciate any answers. ...

And One Last Request Tonight
Dec 16, 2010

s/l.....Position in the "byruck" region is intact.  Byruck?  I've spent an hour looking up this word.  Again, much thanks. ...

Is It Possible To Request A Switch To Another CCM
Feb 16, 2012

x ...

Request To The Moderator
Jun 29, 2012

Moderator, I am fortunate enough to be a thriving MT and I would like to be able to hold conversations with my colleagues.  We don't have coworkers so this board is the closest thing to it and I would like to be able to discuss our advantages, disadvantages, compensation, etc., with the closest I'll come to a coworker without being abused.  I don't want to be called insensitive, a liar, a suit, etc., just because I am still a successful MT and would like to share it.&nbs ...

RE: REQUEST TO MODERATOR
Jul 03, 2012

We will not be creating a new board for "positive posts only."  You have the choice as to what posts you want to read.  If a post is too negative for you, simply do not read it.  Everyone has a right to their opinion.  I will continue to monitor for foul language, name calling, etc., but will not be trying to decipher what is too positive or too negative for your liking.  ...

NJA? Request To Help In The South
Dec 14, 2012

Ask your CCM tonight to temporarily help out in the South if you are NJA.  I hate to draw people to my accounts and risk running out of work, but considering these accounts are going to go late in a couple of hours and they have already threatened to leave if TATs aren't met, it's worth the risk.  I just wonder who the bonehead is who handles workflow.  I wouldn't think it would be that hard to look at the statistics and move some NJA people to fill in some gaps.&nb ...

How Do We Request Time Off Without Pay?
Oct 18, 2014

When I asked my supervisor, she sent an attachment on how do it, but I don't understand exactly.  It looks like I'm supposed to first go into Remedy (?) and request it, then go into Teamwork?  I just now tried to go into Remedy, and all I got was a blank page.  Everything is so complicated, and I'm so tired.   ...

Can We Request That An Audit Be Done...
Feb 10, 2015

So last week I was "off the grid" at 98 something percent.  Okay, so I'm getting 8 cents a line for that week.  So, for this week since Saturday (I work Sat-Tues) they have done NO audits at all.  What happens then if they don't?   I guess they still could, but why do I have a feeling they are NOT going to and then just let last week's audit roll over so I'm still getting 8 cents a line?  Granted, I could very well not be on the grid again BUT it' ...

Request A Reversal
Apr 01, 2015

I need to request a reversal in Fiesa but the button isn't there. anybody else have this happen? I am looking at the corrections report, at the job I want to request the reversal on but there is no button to request reversal. Any clues what I might be doing wrong or what I should do to find it? Even my TSM said this one isn't an error. I tried call for tech support but got no one. ...