A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. The NJA begins.. - ververyoldMQMT

Posted: Nov 25, 2010

Of course i knew it would be this way, so have a Blessed Thanksgiving.  If you are like me you will try off and on to work (as Thursday is my 6 hour day), but it's gonna be okay.  My computer is in the dining room anywho.... (yes, I misspelled it purposely).   Gobble, Gobble, Gobble up all the Hugs and Kisses and Love you can, the only thing this Season can guarantee no weight gain.  The only thing gained is the JOY in your soul...

I was hoping for NJA, but I have work - Old part-timer

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm working on stuff from yesterday. I was really hoping there would be nothing there so I could quit! Oh well, at least I won't be trying to make up hours later.

Spoke too soon! - Old part-timer

[ In Reply To ..]
Everything is gone now and NJA!

Happy Thanksgiving, all.

NJA - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish I would run out! It's been steady since 7 a.m.!
It's a-tricklin' - here in the south nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Jobs on Thanksgiving - whatever

[ In Reply To ..]
For weeks I sit day after day with no work and then on a holiday when I would really like to be with my family, theres work. Go figure. God, how I hate this job and this company. January 1, I'm outta here--finally. The month of December is probably gonna feel like a year.

I Just Don't Get It - MTINND

[ In Reply To ..]

I read all the time about people with NJA.  I don't get it.  I have never, ever gotten that.  I always have work, and it's transcription, not speech rec.  It must be whatever accounts people are on.

I feel so bad when I read things like this, but I thank God every day when I work that I always have work.  If I didn't read stuff like this on here, I wouldn't even know there is a problem.  My CCM is great, and super flexible.  My QA person is reasonable and fair.  

I just hope newbies don't get discouraged, because it's not that way (NJA) for everyone.  To be honest, I have never even seen a screen that says (NJA). It's not horrible everywhere at MQ.  I've yet to have anything negative.  Maybe a year isn't long enough. 

Isn't it possible for people who have no work to move to another account? Although I don't know how you would know which one to move to.  When I got hired a year ago, I was petrified that I wouldn't have work because I had read this so much.  In fact, I almost didn't apply at MQ.  I told my CCM that when I first met her, and she told me it wouldn't be a problem.  I hoped that she was telling the truth, and she was.  

I am so sorry that so many other MTs have NJA.  I really am.  

Anyway ... wishing you all a great holiday.  (I'm working right now) and pray that it turns around for all those with NJA for 2011. 

I Just Don't Get It - MTINND - naturegal

[ In Reply To ..]
I do have to say that you have been extremely lucky with all of those positives on your side, but you're right when you say that maybe a year isn't long enough.

So many of us have been in the exact same place you are and thought everything was grand and then one day you get a call and/or email or maybe no notification at all and you're thrown into another BOB with a CCM who is the direct opposite of the one you have. I truly hope that your good fortune lasts, but don't get too comfortable with it and just know that there's a reason why there are so many negative posts on here, and yes, the majority of them are legit, and not just someone moaning and groaning about piddly stuff.

Yes, it is nice to hear positive posts, but just know that they are the minority. I bet if MQ was to do a survey that required/demanded that every single MT take it and truthfully (of course, with the promise of not experiencing backlash for their truthfulness, but not quite sure how many would believe that unless it came in writing and then many would be still be very skeptical as witnessed by past actions) answer how they felt about their job that 10% low end, maybe as high as 15%-20% would respond that they are happy.

You mention about newbies not getting discouraged. The reason why I would now discourage anyone from especially going to school for this is that there is no future in it money-wise if things continue to be outsourced and we all know that's the direction transcription is headed. I personally would not want to put out good money to train for something that is no longer going to be a profession that is going to compensate for that schooling. It infuritates me to no end as well when I see these schools post very, very high salaries for transcription -- back in the day, yes, we did make that kind of money, but it's not possible now with all of the cuts that have occurred. This is just my opinion and it's like you said, give them the pros and the cons, but sure don't forget the cons as they seem to be outweighing the pros.

Please don't take this as a bash against your post because I don't mean it to be. I hope you continue doing well, but don't forget to keep your guard up.
Outsourcing or off-shore work is not the death.. - Lee
[ In Reply To ..]
Programs like EPIC and other EMR systems will be the end of MT..I would not recommend any young person to start!

I have never gotten NJA and don't wish - MQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
it on anyone or myself, but today it would have been nice to have a reason to not work and be with family. We have plenty of work and OT approved the last 2 days.

The NJA begins - not--a-newbie

[ In Reply To ..]
Overtime?! Did we get an e-mail about that? I checked and double-checked and there is nothing about overtime.

This is ridiculous. MQ is nothing like it used to be, nobody cares, pay is abyssmal, work is non-existent.

Similar Messages:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!
Nov 25, 2009

I am thankful for each and every one of you... the cheerleaders, the naysayers, the nitpickers, the crabbies, the meanies, the helpfuls, the spelling police, the funnies, and the sarcastics. This site eases the stress of the daily grind and I am thankful to have found you all!   Happy Thanksgiving! ...

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone
Nov 24, 2011

In this horrible economy, I personally am very thankful to have a job, good health, a fantastic husband, and a wonderful dog....Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. ...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL- Nm
Nov 21, 2012

x ...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MTS
Nov 22, 2012

I pray everyone on this board has a job that they can be satisfied with. I know there are so many troubles in MT and I hope that in some way God can ease the pain. I am so blessed to have found a good job about two weeks ago. I have been unemployed and this one is a true blessing. It makes we want to work very hard to keep it and do my best. I'm also grateful for all the support from this board while I was unemployed. You all mean a lot to me and I hope I can do the same for others. I ...

Happy Thanksgiving From MTStars
Nov 25, 2010

MTStars wishes everyone a very happy Thanksgiving.  We are thankful for all of our posters, their opinions, their participation and an opportunity to provide a gathering place for all. MTStars Team   ...

Happy Thanksgiving To All My Fellow MTs
Nov 28, 2013

out there.   If you are working ~ hope there is plenty of work and if you are off ~ hope you have a blessed day with family! ...

MDI - And So It Begins!
Jan 20, 2010

Got the emails today about the changes in management.  I can't say that was much of a surprise.  However, for one of my accounts I got an email saying that from now on the dictation for this particular account is going from the hospital to BeyondTXT to Bayscribe.  I can't see the logic in adding that step unless they want to phase Bayscribe out of that account and get it on BeyondTXT and its VR.  Despite whether that turns out to be the case or not, it's so sad ...

So It Begins
Mar 15, 2010

Monday morning -- NJA.  Not a good sign.  Just wanted everyone to know that I am NOT lazy and AM TRYING to work my schedule so I can make a living!!!  Awfully hard.  ...

And So It Begins ... Sm
Jun 15, 2011

Last 6-7 audits have been 99-100%.   New "rule" of 99% effective June 1.  Today's audit from June 7-14 shows a CRITICAL error. So it only took ONE week for the *$#*!) to begin.  Looks like it will be bye-bye for me soon.  So sad Q feels the need to drag out and torture hard-working, underpaid people psychologically first.  Total bunch of gutless wonders ! ...

And It Begins.
Aug 02, 2014

Thanks Fluency helper pools in India and Korea.  I don't need to work.  Of course not, they  pay me too much, right? ...

When Does The Payperiod Begins And End At MQ. I Am
Nov 24, 2009

TIA. ...

Another Great Day At OTI Begins -- 5 A.m. And NJA. Nm
Jan 29, 2014

s ...

The Countdown Begins
Feb 04, 2014

I have hopefully purchased my last Shorthand license.  I was planning on buying the 6-month but went with the 1-year just in case but will not be renewing it after that.  I am hoping by August to finally quit.  I need to spend the next week or 2 developing a list of goals and prioritizing that list (because there could always be something else to add and keeping me from quitting).  One thing will be really stocking up the pantry, etc.  The biggest hang-up right now is ho ...

Today's The Day, And So It Begins ... 99.7%
Apr 01, 2014

NM ...

SENTENCE BEGINS WITH NUMBER
Jun 24, 2010

So, we're not suppose to put a number (1, 2, 3,...) at the beginnng of a sentence.  How then, should I type out: (HEADINGS) ESTIMATED BLOOD LOSS:  300 cc. DRESSINGS: 4 x 8.      Help please!  Thanks!  ...

Now Begins The Week Of Waiting
Mar 16, 2014

I don't know about others but I will probably be checking my email every 5 minutes starting about Tuesday. I wonder if they will send an email to those who don't make the cut. ...

Can Someone Tell Me When TransTech Pay Period Begins And Ends
Jul 30, 2010

nm ...

Mashup Begins, Integrating The Operations
Apr 07, 2011

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2011/4/7/medquist_mashup_begins_company_now_officially_nashville_based ...

THANKSGIVING PTO
Oct 13, 2009

Asked for Thanksgiving off back in September and still have not been granted.  Have sent numerous emails asking for decision and still nothing.  Anybody else in same boat? ...

Thanksgiving OOW
Nov 27, 2014

Ok so I rushed around like a mad woman getting a dinner prepared to be on the table by noon as I had to be on shift by 3.  Guess what No work!  What a joke!  What happens in this situation?  You lose your hours, you lose your pay, you lose your line count for the day?   ...

Has Anyone's CCM Approved Thanksgiving Yet?
Oct 12, 2012

x ...

Keystrokes Thanksgiving Pay?? Sm
Nov 15, 2012

What gives?  Some MTs at KS were told there is not Thanksgiving pay next week while others were not told that............Anybody got the official answer? ...

Ran Out Of Work On Thanksgiving.
Nov 22, 2012

Today on Thanksgiving I ran out of work. The email says something about an account loop. I have no idea what an account loop is. Can anyone help me. Also something about notifying supervisor. How is this different than any other day when you run out of work. ...

Tied Up On Thanksgiving?
Nov 20, 2014

How many of you have to actually work on Thanksgiving and make minimum wage? Slave labor. ...

Not One Email Since Thanksgiving!
Dec 02, 2014

How many days off do they get?  Not even a backlog summary... ...

Has Anyone Heard About Their Thanksgiving Request Yet?
Nov 07, 2012

x ...

New TSMs Istruction For Working Thanksgiving. Does This
Nov 21, 2012

told to clock in at beginning when scheduled.  If no work, clock out.  Then it states to check back EVERY 30 minutes.  If there is work clock in and begin working.  When there are no more jobs clock out.  Keep doing this until end of shift.  Isn't this requiring us to be available for 8 hours but unpaid (most likely)?  Doesn't this even go against MModal's current policy on no work available?   ...

Since The Window To Request Thanksgiving Has Closed
Oct 22, 2014

and the window to request Christmas is about to open, and the new rule our "scheduler" made up is that we can only take one of them, it would be nice if she would PROCESS THE THANKSGIVING REQUESTS SO WE KNOW IF WE CAN REQUEST CHRISTMAS OR NOT.    On a side note, since we can only take one of them, I suspect because she thinks it will make her job easier, that's going to throw way too many people working on completely dead holidays, which will lead to her having to fill out a ton ...

Just Got Big Fat $4.74 Holiday Pay For 3 Hours Work On Thanksgiving. Woohooo!!! Nm
Dec 04, 2013

xx ...

Taking Test, Foot Pedal Issue - Report Begins Over Every Time I Lift My Foot!
May 27, 2010

I am taking a test for a company and have gotten as far as taking the transcription portion.  I downloaded their file (pedalplugin-win) but whenever I lift my foot off play, the tape rewinds to beginning.  I cannot rewind or FF and autoplay to 0 isn't registering. Can anyone suggest what I could do to? Thanks!!!!  I have 4 hours to complete test. ...