A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I'm starting to fill out job applications - Hopefully it will be

Posted: Nov 02, 2014

Good-by Nuance within the month.  Not even sure I want to hang around for the "exciting" changes.  Innocent

I left and couldn't be happier!! - Found another MT job.

[ In Reply To ..]
anon

Similar Messages:

FILLING OUT JOB APPLICATIONS
Oct 05, 2010

When you are applying on line for a position for employment, what do you put for business references.   This job wants three business references.  I do not want my current job to know I am looking.  Working at home I do not have many business references.  ...

Online Applications
May 14, 2011

I just had to vent!  I am SICK AND TIRED of companies (mostly hospitals) with these l-o-n-g applications asking you to document your whole life history.  These are several pages long, and many times you are restricted to ANSWERS IN BOXES (drop-down menus) so can't enter free text.  Finally, there is NO WAY TO SAVE IT!  So you can get half or most of the way through and have to stop/pause and/or get stuck because of the dang drop-down stuff, when you can resume you h ...

Unemployment Applications
Dec 27, 2012

thinks it is odd to be glad there is one person employed whose duties are to work hard to deny as many unemployment applications for softscript as they can?  applications that were made for unemployment due to NJA/OOW http://forum.mtstars.com/448985.html at softscript it is not just about PROCESSING the applications but working to make sure they are denied. just wondering if the OP is still glad that person has a job. one person has a job at the expense of many, many who do not. i do ...

Question About Filling Out Applications
Feb 01, 2010

I am starting to apply for other jobs (not MT after 35 years).  When filling out my current employer I always put NJ as the address of the company, but should I put my current supervisor's name in as a contact or should they contact the main office?  I really don't want my supe to know I'm looking for another job yet.  TIA. ...

Re: No Response To Job Applications, Resumes Sent:
Feb 24, 2010

I've sent out a few resumes over the past year in hopes of landing a different MT job than the one I have now.  Only ONE place (a hospital I would dearly love to work for!) even acknowledged my application.  The others?  NOTHING.  Even though they continued to run ads for the same job I had applied for.  I never even got to test for any of them. So.... fast forward a few months (or years).  Suppose one of these no-response companies kept my resume and out ...

Complaint - Companies With Online Applications.
Dec 17, 2010

I just cannot bring myself to spend hours filling out an online application when they already have my resume which has ALL of that pertinent information on it! I also cannot see spending considerable time filling out an online application, then waiting to see IF they respond to me, then IF they do respond with an offer to test, going through the testing to get an offer I can't accept. The online apps, though, are the #1 issue for me.  It is insane.  Through complaining.  T ...

Working As An IC...putting Company Names On Applications?
Nov 12, 2012

I am applying to a company that would like me to give names and phone numbers of current and previous employers for verification.  I have really only had one "employer" in the last six years.  All the rest are companies I do IC work for, including the one I am working for now.  Do I put the company names and phone numbers down?  It feels somehow wrong, like I am breaking confidentiality or putting their names and numbers down in some sort of behind-their-back way.  Any t ...

Be Sure To Fill Out
Sep 22, 2011

They made a point of saying they can't pay us for doing it.  Golly, we couldn't expect them to do that! They need every penny to gobble up more companies and for suit bonuses! ...

Have Any Of You Had To Fill Out An I-9
Oct 30, 2014

in order to be hired.  I tried to do this, taking it to a notary, who refused to sign it, saying they "don't do that."  So now I may not be able to get the job because the company requires this.  What have any of you done?  I went to a notary at AAA...maybe I should try a different one?  Ugh..... ...

DON'T FILL IT IN!
Apr 10, 2015

Okay, dictator is terrible.  Had to send to QC.  Please tell me how QC can fill in the blanks.  NO WAY.  I have been doing transcription for a long time.  Why can they guess at what is said and we can't.  If it isn't 100% clear, it should be left blank.  QC shouldn't be able to fill in what the doctor "usually" says.  If you can't hear it, DON'T FILL IT IN.  Maybe if they got all of their reports back they would try to do a be ...

Fill Out S/l Vanderbelt?
Aug 31, 2010

The parents also wanted to discuss his hyperactivity. I told them to fill out a s/l (vanderbelt) and I would re-evaluate  ...

So, How Do You Fill Out Timesheet When ....
Dec 24, 2014

I am taking PTO for Christmas and the day after.  I have worked Mon and Tues of this week with no real problem and have gotten in my hours.  Of course, because I have a cheesecake and other things to make later today, I get on this morning and there is NO work at all.  I wil try to get in my 8 hours for today, but what if it just isn't there?  I have no PTO time to use for today and I am NOT working tomorrow or Friday!!  So, my week will be 8 hours short o ...

Another Confusing Fill-in By MME..........hematocrit Of 340???
Oct 21, 2009

Someone please set me straight if I'm wrong, but it is even possible for a child (or anyone) in any case to have a hematocrit of 340?  A dictator said:  "hemoglobin 15, hematocrit 340"  It really sounded like he said 340 but that didn't sound right to me, so I left a marker.  But it was filled in with 340.  I could have done THAT.   I guess I could be wrong--but in my 10 years as an MT the hematocrit is always just about 3 times the hemoglobin (which ...

Google Auto-fill
Jun 03, 2010

My Google auto-fill has suddenly stopped working.  It's making me nuts.  Anyone know how to fix it? ...

Why Should We Fill Out No Work Tickets Now?
Aug 15, 2013

Perusing the latest TSM diatribe too many work tickets means we need to change our schedule to one more fitting the needs of the accounts. Also if we fill out a work ticket we are not allowed to finish our current shift, we are done for the day. If we choose to make up those hours it has to be from a list of available shifts. So for the 50 cents or so I would get from filling out a work ticket why would I purposefully put a target on my back regarding schedule changes, end my shift prematurely ...

Fill In The Gaps Games
Jun 12, 2015

Well here we go again, fill in the gaps games in our POD.  Nope, no way, and if they change my schedule one more time to any later in the day, I'm gone.  Done playing their games.  Hire more people, stop demanding mandatory OT, and give actual bonuses and this would not be a problem.  P.S. Don't expect me to cover other "groupings" gaps.  I already work the weekend and late Friday night (still working), only have 1 full day off a week.  No threats to "chan ...

How Do You Fill Out An Application For DTS (digital Transcription Services)
Jun 14, 2011

How do you fill out an application for Digital Transcription Services? I've been over their website and only found career opportunities but nothing about the application. ...

YOU Went To Medical School, I Didnt Fill In My Blanks I Leave
Mar 11, 2012

Cant believe the crap they are dictating today..Must be the solar flare.  they make up drug names that could be one of maybe 3 possibilities..Im pretty sure I know which they need but Im not the DOCTOR,,I just play one on the computer..Im leaving the blanks let them figure it out..Do your jobs correctly for a change..Kind of makes you scared to ever have to go to a hospital for anything. ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

"please Remember To Fill In The Date Of Service"
Apr 29, 2010

well, the cp says to leave blank if not dictated, so put that in your pipe and smoke it...I know, it's the little things that make me crazy.  ...

Foot Orthosis S/L "Pe-Fill Poron"--SM
Jan 24, 2011

but can't be sure.  Entire sentence is:   I have fitted multidenisty FOs, (S/L "Pe-Fill Poron"), Pe Lite and Nickelplast base and trimmmed to fit existing New Balance walking shoes with additional relief to the second metatarsal head" Any ideas? ...

Help Starting
Mar 05, 2010

Hello, I was interested in becoming a MT because I recently became a mom and would like to work from home. Can anyone tell me the best way to get started? Is there a class/ school you recommend? Or is there a book I can study and take a test to get certified? I am financially strapped so which would be the best for me? I currently work in the medical field in the ER as a Doctors Scribe so I have quite a bit of medical terminology. Thanks for your input!  ...

Starting Pay At MQ?
Feb 10, 2011

I just took the lengthy test for Medquist, though I found it pretty easy.   If hired, what can I expect to get paid? ...

Starting Over............
Aug 02, 2013

Has anyone found it incredibly hard to find a job outside the home after working as an IC for a long period of time.  I apply everywhere and never get a call back.  I recently lost my job  as an IC and don't want to even bother with MT work anymore.  I have been spending time online and applying everywhere.  No one wants you to apply in person anymore.  ...

I'm Really Starting To Wonder If
May 05, 2015

Nuance is any better than it's getting around here at MM?  I see they want experienced MTs rather than newbies in one of the ads, so that would sound like they'd expect to have to pay better at least.  I used to think this place was better, but not lately.  Does anyone here work for both currently, or even recently? ...

Starting The Week Off In A Bad Way...
Nov 02, 2009

Two drugs under med list:  s/l peruvian falsa and locaine 1%... ...

Starting New Accts
Jul 01, 2010

I was just wondering how hard is it to find new accounts in order to do medical transcription out of your home?  Just about anyone that I have contacted has the new EMR or they already have someone doing their transcription. ...

Starting Wage ....
Apr 27, 2010

I am considering entering into a MT program with one of the accredited schools, CareerStep.  For those that have went through the CareerStep program, can you tell me (a salary or a range) of what your starting wage is with your first employer? I am looking for responses from MT that are employees not IC.  (I need the health benefits). ...

Anyone Else At Acusis Starting To Wonder If Their
Aug 17, 2010

Are you working harder and longer, only to see your counts going down? What the h___ is going on with this place? ...

Starting At Medquist
Sep 07, 2010

I have a question.  I was hired on at Medquist and was scheduled to start back on August 23.  The radiology account I had been assigned to hadn't gone live yet.  I was then told it would be approximately the second week in September.  Still no word from my supervisor as to a start date for training.  Anyone know of another person on the radiology team I can contact about this.  I have no other names except for my supervisor's name and the name of my recrui ...