A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Employee Survey - Yeah, right - FossilMT

Posted: Dec 10, 2012

Just got the survey email.  What a joke!

The Senior Executive Team (SET) and I are deeply committed to improving the M*Modal employee experience and culture, and to do that successfully, we need to receive candid feedback from everyone.... it's that critical and that valuable to understand the employee perspective as completely as possible -- across geographies and across functions -- so that we can become the best place to work in the industry.

Then lets answer HONESTLY - cant compete

[ In Reply To ..]
I am pretty sure that because this is a global survey, that the results will be postiive for them, as I am sure that the Inidans cannot complain about getting free insurance for all family, get free lunches, get free transportation to their jobs...

The US MTs NEED to fill out this survey HONESTLY! We need our voice heard!

Survey - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I just filled it out and was totally honest, not that it will do any good, but at least I tried!

me too - stated concerns

[ In Reply To ..]
I stated my concerns and hope that at least one soul hears it.
Woo Hoo the survey is here the survey is here - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Are they so stupid to think that excites anyone with half a brain?? Another way to find out who is bitching (they are far from anonymous) and another chance to ignore the masses..That being said, as soon as I am done for the day, Ill answer it and they wont like what I have to say
ahh well that felt good, but landed on deaf ears i am sure. - NE
[ In Reply To ..]
I gave them an earful. Probably will not matter, but made me feel better. I also congratulated them on making the job so awful with ASR that they inspired me to embrace a new career in Coding/Medical Billing. Almost done the course. Fingers crossed my life as an MT will soon be behind me forever!
Anyone doing this better plan a new job - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
With the cost of transcription, the new health laws coming..the docs WILL find an alternative..My GPs carry around a laptop and are there filling it in during the visit, I dont like it, it is very impersonal and rude, but..they gotta save a buck wherever..And the rest will go to India where Habib can figure out the ASR..Glad this wasnt my first career and I have a real retirement that I get. Riding the horse till it dies as they say
I left MModal a month ago - hey
[ In Reply To ..]
and they made the mistake of sending me a survey. Guess they haven't noticed I haven't worked in a month. I did fill out the survey and have nothing to lose. I even said I haven't worked there in a month and here you are still sending me email. I didn't even recognize the person's name that was listed as my region, don't even know if my old TSM is still there in the North region, or if the person listed is above the TSMs.
survey - ORMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I answered it and said I wish we would keep a higher percentage of the jobs here in the USA.
jobs in US - corgi
[ In Reply To ..]
I said the same thing too about jobs to stay here. Maybe if enough of us say something it might make a difference (doubt it though)
Survey....ORMT - bshel
[ In Reply To ..]
So did I! I thought there were plenty of places to state what you want to get across. For instance, on one page it gives you a box that states, "what do you tell your friends about MModal...." I had the best time on that one. Respectfully stated communication is nil, never good news, just bad, Mmodal is selling Americans out to overseas. And, please keep the majority of our jobs in America and that MM is selling us out.
Survey...bshel - ORMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Kind of what I said, LOL. I'm thinking this new deal with Canada will keep them busy sending work over to India as I do believe the USA is starting to put their foot down with outsourcing. We can only hope so.

survey - corgi

[ In Reply To ..]
I did answer honestly. Unfortunately, most of my answers were disagree and strongly disagree when it came to evaluating my supervisor and the company as a whole. Not sure it will do any good but I did complete it.

Same questions as last year - Are they expecting different results?

[ In Reply To ..]
Did anyone notice they are exactly the same questions as last year? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results. So who is insane here? The company for sending out the same survey and expecting the employees to say things are better or us for filling out the same survey expecting the company to actually listen this time? How many questions were on there regarding compensation and do we feel we are compensated fairly for our job? Didn't Amy say that there will be no raises?

Can also take the survey multiple times - Did it last time

[ In Reply To ..]
I think I took it 3 times last year. I figured there were people who were too afraid to say what they really thought and people who didn't think it would make a difference so I took it for them as well as myself. I never gave them above strongly disagree on any question. I also commented about the lousy catastrophic insurance and why they were not matching the 401K. Lo and behold they did match this year and provided reasonable health insurance. Here is hoping they do something about the wages this time around!

survey - molleycat

[ In Reply To ..]
This is a joke! I just looked over the questions that you answer and not ONE of them apply to the situations we face every day. Not one WORD about outsourcing to India, etc. Why should I waste 15 minutes of my time on this?

Darn was hoping there was like a box for - additional suggestions. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

There was plenty of space to add suggestions or gripes - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I made very good use of the space where we were asked questions about the culture of the company, my relationship with the company, etc. I put every gripe I have in one or the other boxes and some of them in all. I also felt most of the questions on the survey were relevent to the problems we have and had a disagree or strongly disagree on most of them.

Why waste your time on this? - Because you will get paid to do so. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
:o)

survey - molleycat

[ In Reply To ..]
yeah get paid for 15 minutes. Ladida! it's not going to do any good anyway and they may end up firing me for what I have to say
I have vented a lot on every survey, and I am - still working.
[ In Reply To ..]
I think fear of them tracing a survey back to whomever filled it out and firing them is paranoid. If it were true, a lot of people, myself included, would have been fired.

I have sent a few emails to TSM and QA TL which have been a vent and a plea for them to correct the problem and haven't been fired yet. Of course, nothing has been done in response to my pleas.
With all due respect.... - bshel
[ In Reply To ..]
I would do it if they didn't pay me. I think it is very unproductive to try and ridicule people for taking the time to fill these questionnaires out. I would not worry about your getting fired if you state your issues with a lot of disrespect and unreal expectations. So, no matter how this comes out, we know you are not part of possibly a good change in our circumstances.

HR doesn't know what Vern said - FossilMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I took the survey Monday and allocated my 15 minutes to conference call, like Vern said, and this morning had this email from my TSM: "This is coming up on an alert from HR. What was this conf call pertaining to and who was it with?" Duh!
Clueless for sure.... - bshel
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh my gawd....They are unreal aren't they. It seems the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. LOL

Similar Messages:

Employee Satisfaction Survey
Dec 14, 2011

Wow..that survey was..ridiculous.   I mean the idea is great if they really had intentions of "fixing" the problem.    As for me, my LAST DAY with MQ is Saturday!! Hallelujah :-) ...

Vern's New Employee Survey...what Do You Think?
Jun 25, 2012

I'm thinking of taking it this time since I heard no one was fired over the last one LOL.  Maybe the compensation package is being held off until they get the results back from this survey.  I sure hope this is all a step in the right direction.  I pray everynight about this. ...

Employee Survey Time!!! I Am Going To Be
Dec 02, 2013

brutally honest ...

Yeah
Jul 16, 2010

I just got hired by Lartechinc. and I was wondering about the good and the bad about the company. Please let me know. ...

Oh Yeah -- NJA
Jan 23, 2013

Okay, here I go again.  Time to start my shift and NJA.  This is the second day in a row this week for me.  Guess I will again be working second shift out of necessity and not choice.  Looking for a second job but don't know how that is going to work since right now I do not have a "set" schedule with M-Modal.  When I looked at my W-2, in the last 3 years my income has gone down by 1/2.  OUCH!  Where is that magic genie?  Where is that winning l ...

Oh Yeah, NJA
Jul 02, 2014

Only two hours into my shift and NJA.  Starting the holiday weekend early are we? ...

Seriously, Some People Do 300 LPH On ASR? Oh Yeah Sm
Mar 24, 2011

I pride myself on using ALL tools given us.  I have ALWAYS been diligent in making my reports as perfect as possible.  I ALWAYS researched terms new and not known, looking up old reports to help on unfamiliar hospitals and doctors.  If I could transcribe (old term type) my reports I could easily do 300-500 lph, but I CANNOT get any of this type of work.  I get 98% ASR.  Lately it has become more than stupid!!!   Entire wrong terms are entered when the doctor is ...

I Passed My CPC! Yeah! - Sm
Jul 14, 2011

Now the hard part - finding a job!  Very glad the testing is over - phew! ...

QA By The Line?, Yeah Right!
Jul 17, 2014

Okay, so there's a post on the jobs page that says QA editors must be able to provide educational feedback but then says they pay by the line. Excuse me but that happens to be stealing. It should also read please do not apply if you mind being robbed bat blind. ...

Oh Yeah, Going To Be A Fun Week
Dec 20, 2014

Saturday night, you know the night when we are understaffed, we need commitments for people to work extra, blah, blah, blah, and I am OOW.  I am no stranger to transcription and generally expect things to be slow on Christmas Day but to be out of work now, this does not bode well for the week.   ...

Statutory Employee Vs. Traditional Employee Status Inquiry
Oct 10, 2013

I'm seeing more and more job postings for statutory employee status.  I'm trying to figure out what an appropriate line rate request equivalent would be since I would be responsible for withholding income taxes.  For example if the traditional employee line rate is 8 cpl for transcription what would I need to request for statutory status?  The same or more? ...

Yeah, Thats Right. Blame It On The Typist! -sm
May 06, 2010

"A computerized selloff possibly caused by a simple typographical error triggered one of the most turbulent days in Wall Street history..." We get blamed for everything else that goes wrong in business... might as well take the blame for the Stock Market, too. ...

Yeah... The Snowflakes Are Back
Dec 19, 2011

Thanks Moderator! ...

HIPAA - Yeah, Baby.....
Jun 16, 2013

Federal Agents Now Invade Hospital Exam Rooms, Thanks to HIPPA 15 Jun 2013 health care, the federal government by Stephen M Wahl MD in Share8 I recently endured my third round of invasion by the Joint Commission, or JCAHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations). I am still reeling from the experience. Without my consent and without warning, the investigator invited herself into the sanctum of our exam room, explaining that she had ver ...

Yeah... Daily Drawings For MT Week!
May 16, 2011

Good Luck Q-friends!!! ...

Goodbye Nuance. And Oh Yeah. You Can SUCK IT. Sm
Oct 21, 2012

I am writing this email to inform you that tonight will be my last night with Nuance Transcription Services. Over my many years in the workforce, I must say this is the first resignation letter I have penned without any sense of melancholy fondness for the job I am leaving behind. No, instead, it is a feeling of liberation from "time served." For the past 7 months, I have put in my time here at Nuance, suffered through many countless hours of horrible voice recognition files, made next to ...

2 Hours Mandatory OT - Yeah Right - They TRULY Are Nuts!
Jan 23, 2015

x ...

Former Nuance Employee Now Has To Become Employee Again
Mar 11, 2014

Has anyone else left Nuance for another company only to have to return after acquisition? Were you just reinstated or did you have to start fresh from day 1 again? ...

"PRIMARY" Account Yeah Right!
Oct 03, 2013

I am sick of hearing I was "given" 2 primary accounts, but never see them, and instead am getting accounts I have never seen before! I am so close to quitting this very minute. I truly wish "they" had to suffer through this!!! I just needed to vent before I quit, which I may still do before this 8 hours is up. I worked my rear end off to gain experience and knowledge all these years for this? Guess I am a fool for thinking this would be a great career...not so much. Bitter pill to swallow an ...

OOW Survey
Feb 02, 2011

I am interested in learning how many currently practicing MTs struggle to get their lines in due to their being "no work available."  Do you find yourself out of work and having to try to make up lines outside your usual schedule? Only occasionally? Often? Every day? Seldom? Never happens?   Thanks everyone!Mary     Optional data: ...

Survey Says . . . .
Apr 03, 2011

to spell the abbreviation of subcutaneous?   is is subcu or subcut?  i have this argument every time with QA.  could i get someone to help me please?  thanks much in advance!!!!   ...

Oh Man... New Survey
Dec 05, 2011

If people were sincerely honest, it wouldnt change anything! ...

The Survey
Dec 06, 2011

Just read through the survey without answering the questions.  Waste of time!  No matter how many of us answer it and regardless of what we say, after it is all over they will tell us that MQ employees love the company.  This is just a way to try to placate us and make us think that our opinions count.  You can all take turns flogging me if I'm wrong. ...

My Take On The SURVEY.....
Dec 06, 2011

I am an MT who has been around for 14 years with this company and I have my gripes like all the rest of you.  I took the survey and stuck it to them when it mattered.  For example, when they ask if compensation encourages people to do their best, the obvious answer is "strongly disagree" right?  When they ask if compensation is clearly tied to performance....again "strongly disagree."  Whether our answers matter or not, it's our opportunity to vent our frustrations with ...

To Those Who Did Not Do The Survey
Dec 16, 2011

I had so much fun using words like despicable and abomination that I just couldn't help myself and filled it out 3 times.  I expect when all is said and done they will tell us that the vast majority of responses were positive and almost everyone loves the company but at least I had a few minutes of sheer enjoyment.  ...

Mq Survey
Dec 27, 2011

Wonder when we'll see the results of the survey!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Ya, right!  As if they would be truthful about it anyway! ...

And The SURVEY SAYS!
Sep 11, 2012

That the enhanced compensation is in place, we have been BOOSTED and we are one big happy globally rebranded party! Whoo-hoo! ...

And The Survey Says . . .
May 06, 2013

Like the opinion of a lowly MT/ME even matters. They are going to do what they want regardless of our "opinions." ...

Age Survey
Apr 01, 2014

But really,what hasn't?  Seeing lots of posts from 60+ and wonder what is the average age of MTs.  I will go first - age 61.   ...

Survey Of New Pay
Feb 02, 2015

Before the new pay rule game, I made 7.5 cents (3.75 cents for editing). Then when this new pay game started, I made less at 7 cents. However, I find lately I've been actually making noticeably more money with this pay game. You just got to keep quality and pending to QC under control. In fact, I think I now make a few hundred dollars more per month, if I keep it up, keeping quality up and QC pending down. I know some of you were actually paid 8 cents (4 cents for editing), so there is ...