A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

2 hours Mandatory OT - yeah right - they TRULY are nuts! - Annie

Posted: Jan 23, 2015

x

Not. Going. to. Happen. - period (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Mandatory OT - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I have not worked OT for a good while now, and now we get this email that we have to put in 2 hours of mandatory OT. What can they do to you if you choose not to do so? My reasoning is that usually I get other accounts, and that makes my QA score go down, and I can't make money either. Just wondering if I am the only ornery one here. It is not because I am mean or anything like that, but because if you do any OT, it usually does not work for you, but rather against you. I am wearing out fast with this company.

Similar Messages:

Mandatory Weekend Hours
Aug 12, 2010

My CCM has been harping on us voluntarily changing our scheduled to weekend hours, how "it won't hurt a bit" and you may quote me.  I already work every Sunday, but they want me to now work a 6th day, splitting one of my other days where they no longer need me to work, into Friday evening hours.  How am I supposed to do this when I already have a second part-time job on the 2 days I have off?  If they didn't slash my salary by 40%, I wouldn't have to work around the ...

Love The Mandatory Weekend Hours
Jun 27, 2010

so I can waste my time sitting here staring at NJA screen.  I need a new job!! ...

2 Hours Mandatory OT & Incentive Period = NJA For Me.
Jun 30, 2012

All the work in my group is gone and now I am in the cesspool :( At least I have work, but I have already been warned that I will be on performance review. Well, this won't help my plight. I already spend too much time checking client profiles, some of which are difficult to figure out. ...

So What Happens If You Do NOT Work Mandatory 2 Hours Over Weekend?
Aug 22, 2012

x ...

Yeah
Jul 16, 2010

I just got hired by Lartechinc. and I was wondering about the good and the bad about the company. Please let me know. ...

Oh Yeah -- NJA
Jan 23, 2013

Okay, here I go again.  Time to start my shift and NJA.  This is the second day in a row this week for me.  Guess I will again be working second shift out of necessity and not choice.  Looking for a second job but don't know how that is going to work since right now I do not have a "set" schedule with M-Modal.  When I looked at my W-2, in the last 3 years my income has gone down by 1/2.  OUCH!  Where is that magic genie?  Where is that winning l ...

Oh Yeah, NJA
Jul 02, 2014

Only two hours into my shift and NJA.  Starting the holiday weekend early are we? ...

Seriously, Some People Do 300 LPH On ASR? Oh Yeah Sm
Mar 24, 2011

I pride myself on using ALL tools given us.  I have ALWAYS been diligent in making my reports as perfect as possible.  I ALWAYS researched terms new and not known, looking up old reports to help on unfamiliar hospitals and doctors.  If I could transcribe (old term type) my reports I could easily do 300-500 lph, but I CANNOT get any of this type of work.  I get 98% ASR.  Lately it has become more than stupid!!!   Entire wrong terms are entered when the doctor is ...

I Passed My CPC! Yeah! - Sm
Jul 14, 2011

Now the hard part - finding a job!  Very glad the testing is over - phew! ...

QA By The Line?, Yeah Right!
Jul 17, 2014

Okay, so there's a post on the jobs page that says QA editors must be able to provide educational feedback but then says they pay by the line. Excuse me but that happens to be stealing. It should also read please do not apply if you mind being robbed bat blind. ...

Oh Yeah, Going To Be A Fun Week
Dec 20, 2014

Saturday night, you know the night when we are understaffed, we need commitments for people to work extra, blah, blah, blah, and I am OOW.  I am no stranger to transcription and generally expect things to be slow on Christmas Day but to be out of work now, this does not bode well for the week.   ...

Yeah, Thats Right. Blame It On The Typist! -sm
May 06, 2010

"A computerized selloff possibly caused by a simple typographical error triggered one of the most turbulent days in Wall Street history..." We get blamed for everything else that goes wrong in business... might as well take the blame for the Stock Market, too. ...

Yeah... The Snowflakes Are Back
Dec 19, 2011

Thanks Moderator! ...

Employee Survey - Yeah, Right
Dec 10, 2012

Just got the survey email.  What a joke! The Senior Executive Team (SET) and I are deeply committed to improving the M*Modal employee experience and culture, and to do that successfully, we need to receive candid feedback from everyone.... it's that critical and that valuable to understand the employee perspective as completely as possible -- across geographies and across functions -- so that we can become the best place to work in the industry. ...

HIPAA - Yeah, Baby.....
Jun 16, 2013

Federal Agents Now Invade Hospital Exam Rooms, Thanks to HIPPA 15 Jun 2013 health care, the federal government by Stephen M Wahl MD in Share8 I recently endured my third round of invasion by the Joint Commission, or JCAHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations). I am still reeling from the experience. Without my consent and without warning, the investigator invited herself into the sanctum of our exam room, explaining that she had ver ...

This Is Nuts!
Nov 23, 2009

This patient is from Spain here in the US for vacation.  The doctor is stating all these medications the patient is on in Spain, which I cannot verify anywhere.  I have googled etc.  Any ideas of a website that lists medications in Spain before I totally pull my hair out?  TIA.  ...

Nuts!
Jun 27, 2010

This pediatric transcription is making me nuts. I need all the help I can get please. "Down of the series was negative. Laboratory is including pneumonia 37, SOSO 8 level of 2 milligrams per deciliter" Please help me! ...

I Think I'm Going Nuts!
Nov 23, 2010

How's this?  (immune-mediated secondary MEMBRANIZIA?? ...

Is It Any Wonder I'm Going Nuts
Jul 19, 2014

This is the actual sentence the doc dictated.  I listened to it 3 times. "There was initially significant tachycardia where her beta blocker was resumed, although this had given her bradyarrhythmias and sinus block in the past, but ultimately, with regulization, her potassium and magnesium levels, and because of recurrent hypotension her beta blockers were discontinued and her rhythm remained stable." HUH??????? ...

Yeah... Daily Drawings For MT Week!
May 16, 2011

Good Luck Q-friends!!! ...

Goodbye Nuance. And Oh Yeah. You Can SUCK IT. Sm
Oct 21, 2012

I am writing this email to inform you that tonight will be my last night with Nuance Transcription Services. Over my many years in the workforce, I must say this is the first resignation letter I have penned without any sense of melancholy fondness for the job I am leaving behind. No, instead, it is a feeling of liberation from "time served." For the past 7 months, I have put in my time here at Nuance, suffered through many countless hours of horrible voice recognition files, made next to ...

Drives Me Nuts
Dec 03, 2011

I have this one doctor that I get all the time who will say - The patient uh you know uh has you know.. Really?  No, I don't know what the patient has.  I'm not the doctor seeing him. ...

This Is Driving Me NUTS!!
Dec 15, 2011

When I am transcribing, I am hitting some key combination that is turning my type to all caps.  It's not the caps lock or it would show it was on.  Transcribing as fast as all of us do it is impossible to figure out what I am hitting to make this happen.  Does anyone have any ideas???  So appreciative!!! :) ...

This Board Has Gone Nuts
Jun 19, 2013

Soooo busy, work coming out of proverbial ears, a family crisis and health problems, but plenty of time to post, post, post, transcription is not dead! making money hand over fist! can't find qualified MTs! can't even reply to emails from MTs! no time to give you any specifics! I definitely need a break from this board. ...

This Doc Is Making Me Nuts
Dec 16, 2013

She says things  like "He currently has a G-tube of which medications will be administered."   Or "...secondary to UTI, Foley catheter associated, of which this has now been removed.  " Or "this is a chronic problem of which he had a G-tube inserted in October"    She's making me nuts tonight.  These examples are all from one report, too.  I guess if that's the worst thing I have to deal with tonight, tonight is still pretty good, but I just wan ...

Am I The Only One That This Drives Nuts? It Just Goes
Nov 21, 2014

all through me when someone is dictating and they just start laughing.  It is like shut up and speak clearly! ...

QA Driving Me Kinda Nuts!
Jul 02, 2012

The comments seem extremely picky to me and almost harrassing.  It seems I cannot do anything right.  Really tired today and it's been a bad day overall and now this.  just needed to vent.  I have a feeling I have not heard the last from the QA lady that hovers over me all day.  Thanks for listening. ...

This Phrase Is Making Me Nuts!
Nov 26, 2013

"...no evidency of malignancy"..  and she says it EVERY TIME!!!!  grrrrr!!  Sorry, I know there are bigger problems in life, but this is grating on my nerves more than usual today.  Must be pre-holiday stress :) ...

This Dictator Drives Me Nuts
Jun 29, 2014

Every other word is um, ahhh.  Then it's next paragraph, next paragrah, next paragraph. Then it's period, uh period, uh period.  Then he repeats next paragraph and period several more times.  Between and his other yucky habits, I really wish they would ban him from dictating.  ...

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...