A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does MModal provide equipment? - Cheryl B

Posted: Feb 23, 2013

Just curious if M*Modal supplies the equipment (like Medquist used to)?  I haven' worked from home in YEARS and don't have any current equipment (other than my Mac laptop).  Thanks.

There is no work here... - keep looking

[ In Reply To ..]
I have 5 hours on this paycheck. Your jealous, aren't you?

I was afraid of that - Cheryl B

[ In Reply To ..]
I was afraid of that. Sounds like it's no different from when they were Mediquist. Thanks though.

Provide equipment? - I doubt it.

[ In Reply To ..]
Any more they can barely even provide work.

Here we go.....There is the truth and then... - kats

[ In Reply To ..]
there is your "truth" which I don't think you know the difference between. You know, people don't just blindly agree with you. You or someone just like you always find a way to state you don't believe it, like calling others liars. I was given the whole set-up for working at home. That is a fact.

me too. - luvmylife

[ In Reply To ..]
Would be interesting to know when some of these people started who say they did not recieve equipment.

Not a good place to work . . . - MZ

[ In Reply To ..]
there's no work anymore. I'm sure they'd hire you, but it wouldn't be very long before you were submitting out-of-work tickets.

MM (MQ) is not different than the rest of the MTSOs. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
/

Yep, I got equipment. Computer, headsets, foot - pedal, keyboard and monitor.

[ In Reply To ..]

I wonder when you started, as I did just 3 months ago - and I didnt get computer

[ In Reply To ..]
Just foot pedal and headset.

I started a yr and a half ago and actually have - 2 of their computers. One of

[ In Reply To ..]
Them is in my closet, keeping it as a fall back. I had originally thought something was wrong with it and they sent me another one. But come to find out, I did'nt have it hooked up right. They never sent me the labels to return it so I decided to keep it as a spare. And I got everything, computer, keyboard, mouse, monitor, headsets and foot pedal.
things have changed in the past year - thats all I can say
[ In Reply To ..]
They dont supply them anymore.
You sure about that? How do we know who is - right and who is wrong?
[ In Reply To ..]
Hmmm...

I started 2 months ago and computer was NOT supplied. NM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Yes they do and I LOVE it here. - Happy MM MT

[ In Reply To ..]
They do provide equipment and I am very, very happy here.

There is a lot of negativity here, and it always seem to be from the same lot. I see a lot of correlation between those who seem to have a lot of negative to say and their current situations. Nobody is forcing them to stay and I honestly wish they would just move on.

So take it with a grain of salt. It is a great company, especially when compared to the others.

You would be negative also if you only had 5 hours - of work this week!

[ In Reply To ..]
You are obviously in a high work area, which I will be transferring to soon, so when your work runs as low as mine, would love your opinion then.

Wow, I so totally agree with you. - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
I love working for MM too. I have not had a lot of trouble with running out of work; however, the work is not as plentiful here lately as it use to be, but I have enough to get my hours in and make good line counts. I ran out once this morning for a couple minutes and thats it.

Im not sure what all the negativity is about either. Sure they will say its because they have no work, but there was negativity on this site (MModal board) even before that. The people that post here seem to hate MModal and spend a lot of time here complaining and venting about it. Even if they had tons of work, they would find something else to gripe over. I find it hard to believe that a lot of them are still here. Cant understand for the life of me why they have not yet moved on. Im sure there are many other MTs out there who would love to have this job, the ones that dont base their decisions off what they read on these boards.

Good luck on you job hunting.

You have - just

[ In Reply To ..]
been fortunate for now. I too was fortunate at one time. They are shipping more and more work to India and it will get you eventually, and then you can take it with a grain of salt.

Yes, they provided me a PC.....no message - kats

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

All companies are the same. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
its true.

No, they are not.....That is a fact.....no mess - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Sadly, those few good ones will probably be bought-out or - cost of doing business for the small SM

[ In Reply To ..]
MTSO will keep growing while the facilities want to pay less and less. And who can do business like that? They will either close or sell as a buy-out. The big guys are able to charge less than the small guys, always have a big body of MTs to help with TAT, have the ability and willingness to bow to all the whims of specifics. It is getting harder and harder for the small MTSO to make a go of it.

Who are this so-called good MTSOs? Please - name a couple.
[ In Reply To ..]
and tell me how they differ from the rest.
Surely you dont really expect an answer, lol. Who wants their good - MTSO flooded with resumes? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Actually, I did. Not gonna apply, Im happy where - Im at. But I am curious who
[ In Reply To ..]
these supposed good MTSOs are? And what makes then any different from the rest?

They all run out of work, they all have rules and guidelines you have to follow, they all pay about the same. Sure there is a few that dont outsource, but if you read the company boards they are still running out of work or low on work. Two companies just recently cut their pay from what I have read on company board, Keystrokes and OTI - A couple threads with unhappy campers because their contract got renegotiated and pay was cut and I thought those two were two of the better ones to work for.

I just really wanna know what other companies out there are so great and what it is about them that makes them any better then the rest thats all.
You might not apply, but all else would. Might post what - makes them different, dont expect names. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Well thats no fair, how would we know if you are - being truthful or not? Gotta have
[ In Reply To ..]
names, otherwise for all we know you could be blowing smoke.
Yep, like most posts here. True, not true, that is the - question. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

I just started and computer was NOT provided. Just footpedal and headset. NM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

M-Modal equipment - Darkhorse

[ In Reply To ..]
I started 01/09/2013. I got everything I needed, computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, earphones/microphone headset. It was great because DocuScribe, UltiPro, M-Modal community, Benchmark, etc were already installed, I just had to set them up with my personal info!

Similar Messages:

Does Transcend Provide Equipment?
May 17, 2010

Looking for PT work and my personal computer is a laptop with Vista.  Not too many companies allowing that.   TIA ...

Companies That Provide Equipment?
Mar 30, 2013

Does anyone know which companies provide the equipment? I need a job desperately. I bought a new computer (HP Pro with Windows 7) but my USB infinity foot pedal will not play the transcription files. I have tried everything, even downloading different programs that were supposed to make it work and still nothing. I installed a foot pedal tester, which shows the foot pedal working, but it won't link up to the files when I test. I need to find a company that will provide the equipment qui ...

Companies Who Provide Equipment?
Jul 30, 2013

Can anybody some names of companies (work from home) who provide all of the equipment?  ty ...

Companies That Provide Equipment
Nov 18, 2013

What are some companies that provide the equipment needed to work from home (computer, foot pedal, etc.). I have worked outside the home doing transcription for nine years and now would like to work from home, mainly due to the fact that I cannot find an outside job, but I do not have any equipment and cannot afford it right now. ...

Does Nuance Provide Equipment?
Nov 28, 2013

Does Nuance provide equipment? I have just started job searching. Thanks! Looking for a nice place to work for from home, been a transcriptionist for 23 years, recently lost my job in work force reduction (outsourcing). ...

Companies Which Provide Equipment?
Aug 11, 2014

Which outsourcing companies provide equipment, i.e. computer and software ? Thanks in advance!   ...

Companies Who Provide Equipment
Aug 26, 2014

Hi.  Anyone know of companies who still provide equipment, ie, computer, etc?  Thanks. ...

Does M-Modal Provide Equipment
Dec 10, 2014

and if not . . . what computer requirements are needed for their software? ...

Transcription Services That Provide Equipment
Sep 30, 2010

Does anyone know of any transcription services that provide the computer equipment?  I tried the ones I found on this board WebMedX and SoftScript (bad reviews on SoftScript) and Proscript which is an INDIAN company!  I do not own my own computer.  I am quitting MQ and will have to return the equipment, or will I (wink wink).     ...

What Major Companies Provide Equipment?
Nov 04, 2011

I know this has been asked before in other posts, but was unable to locate them.  Any info you have would be great, as well as a comment on the companies suggested.  Really looking hard at Webmedx right now.  Thanks! ...

Are There Any Companies That Provide Computer Equipment? Tired Of Nuance
Jan 31, 2014

xx ...

Can Someone Provide Me With Proof About MModal's REAL Pay?
Apr 21, 2013

You all have helped giving me averages based on line output and cpl, but I know MModal is going to try to make it look like they're really giving us a good deal, and the hospital doesn't want to pay us unemployment.  Where can I go to cut and paste something into a document that PROVES the TRUE amount a normal transcriptionist would earn full time?  Anybody know? ...

Are There Companies That Provide Computer Besides MModal? Have Heard Precyse Isn't Hiring. NM
Mar 09, 2014

xx ...

Mmodal Equipment
Mar 19, 2012

Does anyone know if Mmodal provides computer equipment to their MTs?  I've got a very, very slow computer and I'm kinda scared to apply for some the jobs advertised because of this. ...

What Equipment Would I Need If I Found Other Work Besides Mmodal? (SM)
May 26, 2012

I've been with Mmodal for many years, have been transferred to other CCMs and accounts but just last week I was transferred to one because it was behind then one day later transferred back to original CCM and that account that they just sent me to is now my primary.  I know we all have to transcribe ESL and ASR or straight transcription.  I don't think the ESL I had last week knows this language at all.  I'm more than willing to transcribe ESL and I think I ...

Returning Equipment - What Number To Call At MModal
Aug 04, 2013

Anyone know what number to call at MModal or where to email to tell them to send boxes for their equipment?  I told my CCM, but have not received anything and I threw everything else away that vaguely reminded me of MModal! ...

Can Anyone Provide Any Insight Here?
Feb 12, 2010

If my account is not located in the mid Atlantic and has had no recent bad weather, why is it so low on work?  If I'm paranoid, please correct me, but what effect could the weather in another area have on my account? ...

Which Companies Provide Computers?
Nov 17, 2009

Does anyone know what companies provide computers?  Thanks so much. ...

Can Someone Provide Me With Ventilator Settings? I Mean,
Feb 17, 2010

when doctors give settings for ventilators, FIO2, PEEP and so on.  If someone can provide me a simple list, I would appreciate it.  This isn't for a test and, sadly, I'm not a newbie.  I haven't done these type of reports in a while and my brain seems frozen over.  If anyone can grasp what I'm trying to say and could provide some simple answers, I would really appreciate it.    Thank you. ...

MT Companies That Provide Computer
May 17, 2010

hello: just wondering if anyone can tell me what companies provide computers?  i worked for medigrafix and medquist before.. have been thinking about getting back into transcription but now.. i have to use a company provided computer. thanks for the info. ...

Lol...ad To Become An MT Instructor And They Will Provide You With A MT Education
Jun 24, 2010

Transcription Instructor and Will Train (Denver areas) Date: 2010-06-24, 9:43AM MDT Reply to: job-jeudz-1808559848@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] Part time instructor position Med Workshops' Medical Transcription School wishes to hire an Online Instructor. Great opportunity for the right person to work from home in the healthcare and education fields. We may also provide a free education in Medical Transcription to the employee. About Med Workshops Med Workshops ...

What Companies Provide Computer?
Aug 10, 2011

I am thinking about getting back into medical transcription and wondered if there are any companies that provide a computer. I am not interesting in MQ. I don't think there is much job security there anymore, especially since the CEO made that pretty clear in his recent article. ...

Transcription Companies Who Provide PC
Aug 25, 2011

Hey, anyone out there know of any work-from-home transcription companies that provide you with PC?   THANKS!! ...

Transcend....do They Provide Computer?
Feb 02, 2012

I saw their recent ad, just wondering if they provide a computer if you work as an IC.  TIA ...

Please Provide Information On Accentus.
Feb 26, 2012

plotting my escape from M*Modal.  I  was kind of surprised the practicum was all proofreading.  Is that all they have?  How is pay?  Platform easy?  Have 401K match?  Lots of work on weekends?  Any and all reviews appreciated, even bad.  Thanks!   ...

Does M Modal Still Provide Your Computer ...
Apr 26, 2012

It doesn't say in the ad.  I know they used to, just curious.  I have my own computer to use, but wondering if they still send their own to you.  ...

Does M*Modal Provide Computers?
Jul 20, 2012

nm ...

Do Most Companies Provide A Computer Or
Aug 18, 2013

do you have to have one already? Thanks in advance ...

Can Someone Please Provide A Link Or List Of Questions To Ask...
Apr 19, 2010

when applying for a transcription position?  I have a short list of questions to ask (outsourcing, platform, equipment, line counting method, ESL percentage, etc), but would appreciate any input on possible questions I haven't thought of.  I have years of experience, but haven't applied/interviewed in a long time.  Thanks for your help! ...

Anyone Know Of National Companies That Provide Computer? Sm
Mar 04, 2012

I am facing layoff at the end of March and looking for at home work, but do not have and cannot afford a computer.... ...