A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So the TSMs fired/let go - were all from the West?

Posted: Oct 23, 2014

If I were an East TSM, I'd have my resume ready. 

No ... not all, but most so far. The East's turn is still coming. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
My TSM told me that in the end, there will only be half a dozen "managers" remaining in each region, east and west. Most of the ones laid off this week were in the west but the east will be next.

Nope, just got a call from mine in the East - and she is leaving also. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Leaving of her own accord - or let go?

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Does it make a difference? - anonu

[ In Reply To ..]
Does not affect how we work. Not going to worry about it. Sorry it happened but that's corporate America.
Nope, not a bit - I was just curious
[ In Reply To ..]
but thanks for your concern (or lack of)

to: Nope, just got a call..... - zyla

[ In Reply To ..]
initials please. tia.

Similar Messages:

TSMs Fired. Were They All Ambulatory?
Jan 09, 2015

My TSM is still here as of late this afternoon anyway.  Have not seen or heard anything from the company.  Are the one/ones that were let go on the ambulatory side or one of the newer Nuance acquisitions? ...

TSMs To The Left Of Me,TSMs To The Right.
Jan 12, 2015

Well, I found out today that some former TSMs were let go.  I thought I'd feel better about one.  I thought I'd giggle and be happy someone stuck it to her for once.  But then I thought...huh, I don't.  I really don't.  Because regardless of how I personally felt about her, she got the job done, and without so much as a blink, she is without insurance or income.  The other?  She was a gem.  She was knowledgeable and hard working, and sh ...

What Exactly Do The TSMs And TLs
Mar 07, 2014

Anyone know what they do while the MLSs are pounding away on our keyboards day in and day out, besides send out ridiculous emails all the time?  ...

If We Have To Be On, Why Not The TSMs?
Jul 04, 2014

I've "worked" just about every holiday, and every time I'm told I have to keep checking back, keep checking back, keep checking back when we've run out of work (even though our new policy says otherwise).  But where is my TSM?  I've gone through a couple of those, too, but each time they are no where to be found on a holiday!  Must be nice!  I am so tired of this crap.    ...

TSMs Being Cut??
Jan 09, 2015

Sorry for anyone losing their job, but fair is fair.  They have taken from the MTs until we are scraping the scum off the bottom of the barrell.  If this company so badly needs to shave costs, let them do so at the expense of other job categories rather than all MTs.  Most companies tend to be management heavy and reductions on that level, whether it be jobs or cutting benefits, reductions in wages, etc. let it happen.  They can't take any more from us.  We all wor ...

The Polyanna TSMs
Dec 17, 2014

The la-dee-dah attitude of the e-mail updates makes me cringe! "Keep smiling!" "Let’s do our best to help keep things humming along!" Know this:  Us MTs are NOT "smiling" and things AREN'T been "humming along." Maybe if our concerns were addressed instead of being swept under the rug in the hopes that ignoring them will make them disappear, we wouldn't all be so PISSED today. Get a clue.  JEEZ.                  &n ...

TSMs Are Probably Next. They Can Be Replaced By
May 07, 2015

Good luck. This was the kick in the pants I needed. I'm outa here. Good luck to the rest of you. 2 weeks notice? HA I think not. ...

So If TSMs Are Watching This Board ...
Apr 07, 2013

...they probably realize that it's completely anonymous.  So watching us all agonize over the current situation when just ONE of them could easily come on using a pseudonym and give us some idea about what is going on or give some insight as to how the decisions are being made ... if there is something we can do at this point to help us get on firm ground (or, have the decisions already been made?) would help some of us sleep at night.  IMO, just sitting back and watching us stru ...

Are The TSMs Getting A Bonus For Being Nasty?
Jul 11, 2013

It seems that my TSM gets nastier and meaner every week!  Maybe they offered her a new bonus plan?  ...

Wonder How Many TSMs Are Going To Complain When Their Jobs Are Gone?
Aug 21, 2013

As more and more MTs lose their jobs to offshoring, I don't think the TSMs are realizing that they are becoming expendable quickly too - No US MTs mean no US supervisors. The hospitals and clinics will have to talk to India to complain about their reports, dial 1 for English (sort of) and then hold for the next available representative for the next 20 minutes. I hope I get to see the day when MModal stock crashes. ...

If We Are Out Of TAT Do TSMs Lose A Bonus Or Something?
Jan 25, 2015

Seems like when we have gotten out of TAT they authorize OT like crazy.  Or do we have penalties to customers for out of TAT work? ...

New TSMs Istruction For Working Thanksgiving. Does This
Nov 21, 2012

told to clock in at beginning when scheduled.  If no work, clock out.  Then it states to check back EVERY 30 minutes.  If there is work clock in and begin working.  When there are no more jobs clock out.  Keep doing this until end of shift.  Isn't this requiring us to be available for 8 hours but unpaid (most likely)?  Doesn't this even go against MModal's current policy on no work available?   ...

How Long Will It Take For These Nasty Spirited TSMs
Sep 24, 2013

to realize that they are being totally played by Nuance and will be next in line to be driven away and finally quit or fired because of lack of work.  Oh how I hope to witness that day when these weasely wannabe corporate ladder climbers get their just reward.   ...

Shoudn't TSMs Know Company Policy BEFORE Sending
Jul 08, 2013

we're told internet outage is not acceptable reason not to work and to find alternative such as WiFi, etc. in a not so nice tone.  Now we're told this is NOT acceptable (use of WiFi) as according to company policy.  Make up your mind will ya?  This TSM deserves a critical error deduction for misinformation (and the attitude).   Shouldn't they be required to know company policy before taking on their position?  ...

Anyone Relate To TSMs Who Can't Use Proper Grammar And Punctuation?
Oct 28, 2014

I just know KD has NEVER been an MT. ...

Did Some TSMs Become "Compliance Program Directors?"
Nov 10, 2013

Just googled my former TSM ("former" because I got laid off in August) and on her Facebook page she is down as Compliance Program Director at MModal.  This was/is the North region.  To those of you so inclined......PLEASE spare me the "you don't have a life..." or whatever just because for a moment while on the computer I became curious and her name popped into my head.  I have a life, just fine.  Thanks. ...

Got Fired From The Q - Ha Ha
Feb 24, 2010

Well, I was officially fired yesterday.  Up until last summer, I was one of their top producers, never having an accuracy problem.  The reason I got fired?  I got sick. Early last summer, I let a UTI go for 10 days (lived off Rx strength OTC Pyridium) until I was severely septic and urinating almost pure blood and clots.  I also had a kidney infection, kidney stones and bladder stones.  Thought it was over.  IIRC, the urinary organism was proteus mirabilis.  I ...

Getting Fired
Apr 01, 2010

Isn't it odd that being fired from MQ isn't a disgrace?  Being fired from any other place would be total humiliation, but I don't think anybody here would ever look down on another MT who was let go.  MQ doesn't discriminate.  They justly fire bad MTs, but they also fire good MTs who are stuck with crummy accounts, accounts that constantly have NJA, and probably a ton of reasons that are beyond our control.  ...

Fired
Apr 28, 2010

I was hired by company initials "P" under the conditions that my computer meet their specifications.  I was told my computer met their specification and then offered employment.  I accepted. Their technicians worked on my computer for 2 weeks straight and installed faulty software, and then I was told my system would not meet their specifications and I needed to have my computer XP deleted and reinstalled or buy a new computer.  I had my computer checked out and was told my c ...

I Don't Really Want To Get Fired From Q
Dec 08, 2010

it really wouldn't be such a bad thing ...

I Was Fired
Jun 14, 2011

I was fired. I started with Medquist in 1998. They fired me in 1997. I was hired and Spheris and became a Medquist employee after they bought Spheris. I was fired again today. I just hope Medquist eventually stabilizes and the employees are happy again. I hope I find something suitable for me. I wish the best for all. It's been one hell of a bumpy and uneven ride. Bon voyage to me!!! ...

Getting Fired??
May 05, 2012

If you have had a written warning on 3/31 and I am going to assume after a failing audit score on 1 report I did, is firing next?? Really can use input regarding this and unemployment, or really anything you can think of? ...

Getting Fired....
Jun 28, 2012

this may sound stupid, but how does one go about getting fired from this God-awful company?...i sit here in tears daily, and can't look for another job because i am tied to this desk 14 hours a day and not even making minimum wage...i want to be able to collect unemployment for just a few weeks until i can find a real company to work for... ...

When You Get Fired
Nov 04, 2012

does mmodal pay unused acrued pto. when do they pay you for work performed before being fired? ...

How To Get Fired
Jun 12, 2013

Has anyone been fired and able to draw unemployment from this ridiculous company? I just can't take it anymore, want to quit, but think if I can somehow draw unemployment that would be great for me. If I do not show up to work will I be let go? I know this seems ridiculous to be asking, but hey, these large do-not-care-a-bit-about-you companies bring out the worst in some of us.  This one is definitely the worse company I have ever worked for, and it shames me to have to work ...

How To Get Fired?
Apr 02, 2014

Does anyone know what would be grounds for getting fired by Nuance? ...

Just Got Fired
Jun 10, 2014

I just wanted to let those who are following my story over the last few weeks that they just fired me. Not sure what I'll do now. ...

Did I Just Get Fired
Feb 26, 2015

in the middle of a Thursday... ...

So I Wonder If I Will Be Fired Or WHAT....just Do It Already Then
Mar 04, 2015

So I've been going back and forth since the beginning of this "safety pay plan" getting around 99.5% to 100% for 2 weeks then falling off the grid at 98% (and once much lower), back on the grid, back off.  I guess one week I'm an excellent MT and the next I totally suck.  I am just so stressed thinking they are going to fire me.  I am sure it would be a blessing in disguise if they did, but I'm not ready yet. I am my sole source of income and I'd mostly likel ...

Fired For Low QA Scores : )
Oct 15, 2009

I am a medical transcriptionist with over 15 years of experience, and I was fired today for low audit scores.  I don't know why I am happy about this.  I guess I am just relieved to get away from a company that picks apart their employees.  What are they going to do when there is no one left?  Ironically, I have worked in many big hospitals and while our reports were reviewed, this would have never happened working in a hospital.  Does anyone know what is happening ...