A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Demographic info, headers and cc - Oh my!

Posted: Nov 18, 2013

Before I shoot my mouth off, I just wanted to verify, and I can't get a straight answer from management.  Is it REALLY REALLY REALLY true we do not get paid for demographic information/searching, cc searches and headers in text of report.  Is that correct??  Thanks guys, I am fuming in the Southeast

Fume Away - It is true....

[ In Reply To ..]
except I thought we got paid for headers...

We get paid for headings, not headers. We don't - type the headers.

[ In Reply To ..]
Headers are what gets generated at the top of the report. We don't get paid for those. We are paid for headings, whether we type them or they are typed by ASR or they are on the preferred list. We have had this discussion so many times. We do get paid for headings!!

headings is what I meant. - pardon me

[ In Reply To ..]
All to

no. we don't get paid for adt page - or ccs

[ In Reply To ..]
I don know about headings in text. I thought we are not if we use the heading list, but others have said we do.

I think its crazy that we don't get paid for ccs, I know when I started here 16 years ago I did. I don't think I should be held responsible for a job I'm not paid for.

Absolutely true. You do get paid for.. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Headings within the report that you type, not ones populated by SR or the preferred list. Absolutely ridiculous. If we are responsible for the info, we should get paid for it. Especially when mistakes result in critical errors. Ugh

that is erroneous information. You get paid for all - headings however they are generated. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

We get paid for everything once ADT is closed - JustMe

[ In Reply To ..]
We get paid for everything on the page once we close the ADT including all headings. We don't see any headers (page numbers, etc.) when we are typing. Those are generated on the back end.

Not true. At least with Fluency. - verified

[ In Reply To ..]
You get paid for the in-document headings, but not ADT or cc entries. That was verified to me by payroll sometime back. "Their counting software can't count that." The count is done from the editor screen, not the final document. You can see what is counted by bringing up the document in DQM and clicking payroll. You will not see any ADT info. Also, if you copy your editor screen to Word, the count will be the same, or at least within a few characters of your line count. This applies to Fluency. I don't know about the other platforms. l will bet the count the final Word document the client gets though!

That's what I said - JustMe

[ In Reply To ..]
We get paid for everything on the page after we close the ADT.

Here is what we need to do... - a challenge. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Complete an ASR report that has several headings, such as an H&P.

Google "character counter."

Copy and paste the ASR report into a character counter of your choice.

Divide characters by 65.

Does it match MM's line count?

Report yes or no back here and what platform you work on. There is the answer.

Confirmed, it counts everything in the report - JustMe

[ In Reply To ..]
I did this and, as I said above, we get paid for everything in the report once you get PAST the ADT and this includes headings. The headings are counted including the characters which surround the heading characters. This is on Fluency. If that's unclear, I'm stating that after you close the ADT and you begin the "body of the report" you get paid for everything on that "body of report" page including spaces. Sorry if I added to the confusion.

Great! Anyone on Cornerstone? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
X
My counts do not match on Cornerstone. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
They match for straight transcription but are short on voice recognition. Anyone else try??

Similar Messages:

Automatically Logging Demographic Information
Nov 16, 2012

I'm trying to eliminate redundant work.  Is there a way to populate a document in Excel with demographic information entered in a patient's typed Word report?  Any thoughts or advice on tracking/logging typed work would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  ...

How Many Spend Considerable Time Correcting Demographic Errors?
Mar 21, 2013

I can't believe the number of errors entering the wrong demographics, apparently by the clients, that we have to research and clean up for zero pay! ...

Headers
Nov 17, 2011

I know this has been here on the past but for some reason I still feel very suspicious about this.  Can anyone enlighten me if we are paid for headers?  I know somewhere around the time when they came out with the magnificient rewards plan I remember reading we do not get paid for headers that were not in their little Control-H box or whatever they call.  If you had to make up a heading that was not in the headers box we did not get paid for this.  Can anyone please let ...

Mandatory Headers
Oct 03, 2011

Somehow turned off those pesky mandatory PE and DS headings on the left and cannot remember how or where to get them to turn back on.  Anyone know?  Thanks. ...

Headers/footers Pay?
Jan 12, 2012

Any MTSOs pay for headers/footers on each document?  If so, it is a flat number of lines per document, or is it the header and footer on every page?  ...

Anyone Know How To Make Different Headers On
Feb 23, 2012

I have a bunch of follow-up notes and the doc wants each note on a different page all in one document.  The problem is some of these individiual notes end up being two pages.  Anyone know how to make second page headers for each patient like this?  I would like to keep the actual document header and not just space down under the header and put one in, if that makes sense.  Oh, and it's Word 2003.  Thank you! ...

Any Companies That Pay For Headers?
Apr 25, 2012

I wonder if there are any companies that pay a good line rate and also pay for the headers and footers, any company info would be greatly appreciated, thanks ...

Red Headers Gone Wild
Mar 31, 2013

inserting themselves and changing whole blocks of text to red. Very hard to undo. Just started today. Is it April 1 in India yet? #%*%^&%% ...

Transcend - Do They Pay For Headers In Reports?
Dec 09, 2009

I tried to verify my line counts by doing a copy and paste into word from their system.   The only way I can come close is if I exclude all those "automatic" headers that are included in the templates.   Does anyone else experience that?   This really knocks a lot of characters out of my reports.    ...

Does Transcend Pay For Headers In Their Templates Or Do We
Jan 08, 2010

lose all those characters too?   My line count seems way too low for the amount of typing I have to do and the number of corrections I have to make.  ...

My CCM Says We Have Not Been Paid For Headers All This Time
Sep 13, 2010

but I could absolutely swear I have an email from her ages ago that said we were.  I may spend some of my vacation going through my 350,000 MQ emails to find this. Does anyone really know.  If we weren't; I'm really PO'd I spent any time on them. ...

Transcend Headers/footers
Jul 27, 2011

I have gone through older posts and they are conflicting about this.   Do they pay for headers and footers if you manually put them in?  I can understand them not paying for automated headers (cheap, but many companies do it that way), but if you have to manually add them do they pay? ...

Headers And Footers In Line Counts
May 28, 2011

Kind of stumped on this one.  I just recently started working for a company that does both VR and straight typing.  Luckily, have been doing more straight typing than VR, but noticed that after I did 20 or so reports my line counts were around 600-750 lines for those 20 reports.  Well I found out that the headers are not counted in our lines even though we may have to enter a date and sometimes even the patient name.  I was told by one of the supervisors that this is "now the ...

Headers/Footers And Making Template
Aug 25, 2011

HELLPPPP...anyone good at figuring out how to make a template?  client has a form that they sent and it has headers and footers each page.  They have a separate letter form, consult form and chart note.  Then there is a summation sheet at the beginning and STAT sheet at the end.  They want all of this done in one long document, i.e. hard page break between each patient.  I have played with this till blue in the face.  If I try to put the plain summation sheet first, ...

Any ProScript MTs Here Sick Of Having To Place Headers And Not Getting Paid For It? S/m
Oct 04, 2010

I am quite tired of it.   ...

Info On Accentus US Ambulatory? Is It Associated With Nuance? Any Info Appreciated. NmNm
Feb 18, 2014

Xx ...

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO ON GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS (GIS)
Jan 10, 2010

Looking for information about Global Info Systems.  Can anyone telll me anythihng about them.  Thank you. ...

Anyone Have Info/work For Global Info In Texas???
Jul 04, 2012

Need to know any info ASAP on I think its called Global Info Systems or something like that out of Texas. Lots of clinic work, but low low line rate offered. Need to know about management, stability, VR reality, workload, response from tech support, etc. Also, are these clinics in India? Thanks for any help! ...

If You Can't Get Course Info Without Leaving Info So They Can Call/spam You
Sep 12, 2012

It isn't easy to get off some of the spam and phone call lists when you click for more information about some of these courses. I've found that for me, it isn't worth it to get that information if I am giving up my privacy. Some of these people are relentless! You can't get away from them once they get your information. There is one in particular that makes sure you hear from them every day in one form or another. They become your best friend, even if you weren't lookin ...

Any Info On GIS (Global Info Systems) Out Of TX? I
Jan 21, 2012

I applied for an MT position with them.  I don't see anything recent on the boards and wondered if they were a good company to work for.  TIA ...

Global Info Systems - Info?
Dec 13, 2012

I am testing with GIS this evening, does anyone have any information on this company. I am currently working with TTS, they do not even pay 4 CPL for editing. I feel like this business has become a legalized form of slavery. The only business where with over 10 years of experience, your pay goes down. ...

Info On TTD, Inc?
Oct 22, 2009

Hi any info on this co. is much appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Any Info On MD-IT?
Nov 01, 2009

Does anyone have any information or experience with MD-IT such as platform, pay, etc?  I have tried doing a search of past and recent archives and was uanble to find anything. ...

OSI - Any Info
Jan 15, 2010

Any info would be helpful. ...

I Just Need To Add, Regarding The CMT Info
Mar 26, 2010

My current CCM is one of the best of the many I've had. I had previously worked with her on this account from1999 until we were sold to MQ in 2005; she is my 6th or 7th CCM here at MedQuist. She is very familiar with our hospital, very friendly, easy to communicate with, quick to answer emails, and always keeps us up to date. The CMT differential was mentioned earlier as part of MQ new plan; if you have not heard yet, maybe your CCM has not gotten around to it.  The 0.005 cpl i ...

Does Anyone Have Any Info On MD-IT
Mar 31, 2010

Does anyone have any info on MD-IT other than what's on their site?  I didn't find anything in the archives and was wondering if they're a good company to work for. Thanks! ...

MD-IT Info?
Jun 16, 2010

Does anybody have any info on MD-IT?  I cannot find much at all and nothing very current.  thanks. ...

Info On OSI?
Jul 19, 2010

So what is there to know about OSI before I make a life-changing decision? Minimum line count for FT? Approximate cpl for a "very experienced" MT, for straight typing; cpl for VR? Do they use 65 ch/l? I heard that their system apparently allows MTs to produce +30%...I find that extremely hard to believe. I'm doing 250-300 l/hr consistently on my relatively ancient system, using AutoCorrect on Word, rather than a regular abbreviation program. How in the world could OSI's system impr ...

Info On DSG
Jul 29, 2010

Does anyone have any info on DSG in regards to platform, work availability, VR, etc?  I can't seem to get the search function work.  Thanks in advance! ...

Any Info On TTS?
Jul 29, 2010

x ...