A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend - do they pay for headers in reports? - Curious

Posted: Dec 09, 2009

I tried to verify my line counts by doing a copy and paste into word from their system.   The only way I can come close is if I exclude all those "automatic" headers that are included in the templates.   Does anyone else experience that?   This really knocks a lot of characters out of my reports.   

Don't have answer, but what if you sm - tired

[ In Reply To ..]
deleted the automatic headers and typed them in yourself. Would this make a difference?

pary for headers - metoo

[ In Reply To ..]
Nope they don't. Only 3 lines for demographics - I think. They take away everything possible for themselves. It is a sad time, but as far as I am concerned, there is a judgment day.

pay for headers - metoo

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry for typo. My keyboard seems to have a mind of its own today.
Is this for all transcription platforms and VR platforms? - oh no
[ In Reply To ..]
X

Headers - sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Last I knew, they stopped paying for headers in 2005 - that's when I left them. It made a big difference in line count.

supposedly for every keystroke, incl spaces, expanders, etc. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Yep, companies that don't pay for headers, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
footers, CCs, demos, etc., are really ripping off the MTs because it usually takes just as much time to search for & enter that info as it does to type the actual report! And I would bet most companies still charge the client for those lines even if they cheat the MTs out of them...

Similar Messages:

Does Transcend Pay For Headers In Their Templates Or Do We
Jan 08, 2010

lose all those characters too?   My line count seems way too low for the amount of typing I have to do and the number of corrections I have to make.  ...

Transcend Headers/footers
Jul 27, 2011

I have gone through older posts and they are conflicting about this.   Do they pay for headers and footers if you manually put them in?  I can understand them not paying for automated headers (cheap, but many companies do it that way), but if you have to manually add them do they pay? ...

Anyone Care To Venture A Guess As To Why Volume Reports Are Missing From Transcend's MLS Page?.
Feb 20, 2012

It has been reported to tech support, so my guess is it is not a technical issue, but rather intentional for some reason. Things that make ya go hmmm... ...

Headers
Nov 17, 2011

I know this has been here on the past but for some reason I still feel very suspicious about this.  Can anyone enlighten me if we are paid for headers?  I know somewhere around the time when they came out with the magnificient rewards plan I remember reading we do not get paid for headers that were not in their little Control-H box or whatever they call.  If you had to make up a heading that was not in the headers box we did not get paid for this.  Can anyone please let ...

Mandatory Headers
Oct 03, 2011

Somehow turned off those pesky mandatory PE and DS headings on the left and cannot remember how or where to get them to turn back on.  Anyone know?  Thanks. ...

Headers/footers Pay?
Jan 12, 2012

Any MTSOs pay for headers/footers on each document?  If so, it is a flat number of lines per document, or is it the header and footer on every page?  ...

Anyone Know How To Make Different Headers On
Feb 23, 2012

I have a bunch of follow-up notes and the doc wants each note on a different page all in one document.  The problem is some of these individiual notes end up being two pages.  Anyone know how to make second page headers for each patient like this?  I would like to keep the actual document header and not just space down under the header and put one in, if that makes sense.  Oh, and it's Word 2003.  Thank you! ...

Any Companies That Pay For Headers?
Apr 25, 2012

I wonder if there are any companies that pay a good line rate and also pay for the headers and footers, any company info would be greatly appreciated, thanks ...

Red Headers Gone Wild
Mar 31, 2013

inserting themselves and changing whole blocks of text to red. Very hard to undo. Just started today. Is it April 1 in India yet? #%*%^&%% ...

My CCM Says We Have Not Been Paid For Headers All This Time
Sep 13, 2010

but I could absolutely swear I have an email from her ages ago that said we were.  I may spend some of my vacation going through my 350,000 MQ emails to find this. Does anyone really know.  If we weren't; I'm really PO'd I spent any time on them. ...

Demographic Info, Headers And Cc
Nov 18, 2013

Before I shoot my mouth off, I just wanted to verify, and I can't get a straight answer from management.  Is it REALLY REALLY REALLY true we do not get paid for demographic information/searching, cc searches and headers in text of report.  Is that correct??  Thanks guys, I am fuming in the Southeast ...

Headers And Footers In Line Counts
May 28, 2011

Kind of stumped on this one.  I just recently started working for a company that does both VR and straight typing.  Luckily, have been doing more straight typing than VR, but noticed that after I did 20 or so reports my line counts were around 600-750 lines for those 20 reports.  Well I found out that the headers are not counted in our lines even though we may have to enter a date and sometimes even the patient name.  I was told by one of the supervisors that this is "now the ...

Headers/Footers And Making Template
Aug 25, 2011

HELLPPPP...anyone good at figuring out how to make a template?  client has a form that they sent and it has headers and footers each page.  They have a separate letter form, consult form and chart note.  Then there is a summation sheet at the beginning and STAT sheet at the end.  They want all of this done in one long document, i.e. hard page break between each patient.  I have played with this till blue in the face.  If I try to put the plain summation sheet first, ...

Any ProScript MTs Here Sick Of Having To Place Headers And Not Getting Paid For It? S/m
Oct 04, 2010

I am quite tired of it.   ...

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

Long Reports Or Short Reports?
Jul 15, 2013

Am i the only one that just hates the long ones? And by long I mean anything over like 4 minutes.  I love progress and ER notes!  ...

ER Reports
Nov 21, 2009

Should ER reports be a priority? I work in-house and this week our transcription department was ordered to type all ER reports as priority, before any inpatient or radiology work. The order came from the ER committee to our department head and down to the transcriptionists. Any thoughts on this? ...

Looking Up Old Reports
Mar 07, 2010

does anyone know if this dqm lookup reports is working adequately.  It seems like a whole lot of trouble to find any. I know this was discussed down below about where the heck is dq main menu and search.  I tried looking up by dictator and its a waste of time as there are not any old reports there.  Thank you to any help out there.  ...

Anyone Know If You Can Look Thru The Old Reports When
Mar 09, 2010

you are not clocked in and working in Docuscribe?  ...

QA On Reports
May 11, 2010

Can anyone tell me since MQ has gone with the Swap Board and First Time Right, and we are sending reports, etc.  Have you had more frequency of being followed by QA?  I was just wondering how that works?  ...

Re: OB Reports
May 17, 2010

I know I will be asking many questions in the coming weeks since I am going to be taking a more active approach to studying for the second part of my final. Can anybody please tell me where I can go to get more info on OB reports online? Some of the stuff that the doctor dictates is so hard to figure out since I am not familiar with the OB terminology at all. For example..here is the physical exam section of the report (keep in mind I have flagged certain sections). Here it is:   ...

Can You Look Up Old Reports At Your Job?
Jul 28, 2010

I used to be able to at my old job last year. Now I can't do it at my new job. I asked and was told it is because of HIPAA. Can you look up old reports at your job? It sucks that I can't do it. It would help a lot. ...

Oh, No. My Op Reports Went ASR.
Aug 11, 2010

I love doing op reports even with the mandatory standards as I can insert my expansions and am very familiar with them (when I get my primary).  Now it's all ASR and I have to use those standards.  I have to cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and paste, lose my skip markers, can't use my expansions AND I now get paid less for the reports.  Any suggestions? ...

Too Many Reports To QA
Dec 03, 2010

I just was spanked for sending too many reports to QA.  I sent ONE to QA in the last 3 months!!!  HAHAHAHA!!!  ...

QA Reports
Apr 13, 2011

Anyone out there who works remotely for a hospital.. can you tell me how your QA is done.  Wondering if most are like my employer.  Our QA is done sporadically.. maybe twice  a year.  We get a stack of reports in the mail that may be 6 months to a year old.  Our editors follow none of the standards our department has set up, and usually just whatever they feel is wrong, is wrong.  Also, we can't go back and access the voice when we are looking at the errors to ...

Where Are My QA Reports Going??????
Jan 30, 2012

I checked my work 1 hour ago.   Just checked again and all 6 reports with 100% QA are gone.   Three new reports, one with crappy grade (missed a heading), and 2 100% reports now show.    How can you maintain QA with reports flipping in and out??????  This is Nuance.  ...

Does Anyone Keep A Log Of Reports For The Day?
Apr 17, 2012

Hate to waste the time but Im gonna do it today..I have several jobs that I put through QA for terms that I really should know but cant find and I never get them back from QA with fixes...Just wondering, we were victims once before and no matter how much OT I work the counts never seem to go up much... ...

Reports
May 28, 2012

Have you ever noticed that as soon as you are proficient in an account you are switched to a new one???? AND in certain reports are required to use a standard even though it is an SR report SO you are doing straight type in an SR report, being paid at SR rate.  Something doesn't seem quite right or fair. ...

IME Reports
Jul 05, 2012

Can someone explain to me the expertise required to do IME reports as it compares to acute care hospital work? TIA ...

Reports Going To QA
Oct 16, 2012

If a report is really bad, cant even find the patient- when it is uploaded and we have a note to QA, is that report sent to be charted and the doctors, or does QA fix it, whatever, and THEN is sent? Do we do anything different so it does NOT get sent to the client first? Thanks you guys!! ...