A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MQ delisted from NYSE, CBay gone private - OldieButNotGoody2Shoes

Posted: Jan 17, 2012

My husband and I stay up on the stock market and I have been watching MQ and Cbay for about a year.   I just noticed today that they have been delisted and gone to pink sheet which means their stock consistently fell below the $5.00 mark.  Just a year ago it was $16.  Also, CBay has gone private and claims it is an American Company.  It is not, it is now privately owned by an Indian company doing business with corporate offices in London.  I don't know what this means for the employees but it usually is not good.  It has gone downhill steadily for so long now.  I am sorry for anybody who still works there unless you are treated very nicely, which I was not after nearly 7 years of service.

NOT TRUE - mb

[ In Reply To ..]
Wall St. Journal site says stock price is $10.17 as of today. Can't find anything about delisting. What are you trying to start here? It was delisted for a time last year, though.

That is MQ Holdings honey, not the same - OldieButNotGoody2Shoes

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't have to start anything. I no longer work for them. Before you try to tell me something about the stock market, maybe you need to learn something about it.

MQ is owned by SOROS. - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Spheris was held by George Soros and Warburg -- of international bankster fame. We all know that Spheris was a horrible international sweatshop, a globalist's dream.

Now Georgie Porgie has his grimy fingers in the MedQuist pie. That alone is reason to avoid MQ like the plague.

Both of You are WRONG or massively misinformed - OldieButNotGoody2Shoes

[ In Reply To ..]
You are completely wrong. MQ is NOT owned by Soros. It is own by MQ Holdings who is owed by CBay. Get your facts straight. Both of you are wrong!

MQ bought Spheris. Check the white sheets - OldieButNotGoody2Shoes

[ In Reply To ..]
Spheris was gobbled up by MQ but MQ like their business model and adopted it. Stupid move. MedQuist Holdings has bought several small companies lately that have been and are still poorly producing. Try going to the google finance and you will see that MQ has been pink sheeted.

oldiebutnotgoodie2shoes - mb

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh great stock market guru, please post the link to the site from which you profess to have acquired this information and enlighten all of us unwashed MedQuist slaves....

Gladly - OldieButNotGoody2shoes

[ In Reply To ..]
This is the one that shows that MQ Inc has be delisted and gone to pink sheet. http://www.google.com/finance?q=PINK%3AMEDQ

This is where Cbay, who owns MQ Holdings and MQ Inc have gone private. http://www.google.com/finance?q=CBay+Inc.

and this one shows where MQ Holdings stock analysis: http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ%3AMEDH

I love when someone euphemistally tells me to put up or shut up, here you go. By the way, you don't have to remain unwashed slaves, soap is cheap and water is free.

Water is not free, I pay $100 a month for it!! - poormt

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I received this today - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
I have an automatic Google search for anything MQ. This link was emailed to me today. I know very little about the stock market. I am hoping maybe one of you who know much more than I on this subject, can interpret this.

http://quote.morningstar.com/stock-filing/Announcement/2012/1/11/t.aspx?t=XNAS:MEDH&ft=8-K&d=c644204954d5f189ae58489f9c53b21d

It's nothing much - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It's basically a summary of their finances for the quarter/year, and some information on next years projections. Kind of a rah-rah brochure. All companies put them out. Pretty boring overall, personally, but good if you have insomnia =]

Addendum - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, all public companies put them out--your private little guy most likely won't.

need to read more carefully -oldie is incorrect - MQ

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.google.com/finance?q=PINK%3AMEDQ...did you not notice when sending the link it stops last year...I wonder why that could be ..

http://uk.reuters.com/business/quotes/MEDH.O/key-developments/article/2383632

Oh yes I think that might be it - what a waste of time, so MedQ was on the pink sheets last year but the shares were exchanged for MedQ holdings which was Cbay holdings who bought MedQ previously but changed their name. MedQ holdings owns MedQ, Cbay transcription, Mmodal and others.

Remind me not to take stocks and shares advise from you!

Still so wrong. The info was correct. - OldieButNotGoody2Shoes

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe you work for corporate, maybe you are speculating. I'm not trying to start anything here. However, you'd do well IF you took stock tips IF I gave them. I've made more money in the last 2 years in the market than I have in the last 10 years of regular employment.

Your initial post was incorrect... - MQ

[ In Reply To ..]
Regardless of your money making success on the stock markets the info you posted was incorrect and that is my only point:

http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/morning_roundup/2011/03/medquist-holdings-to-delist.html

They voluntary delisted per the link above and as the link you provided for the pink sheets showed they stopped trading all together last year when they did an exchange .

I full accept you posted in good faith, just the info you provided on this topic was incorrect. If I am incorrect and can show me why (i.e. a link showing they delisted this year) then I apologies.

OldieButNotGoody@Shoes - Susie in Alabama

[ In Reply To ..]
I was not treated at all well by them in the error of the line-counting debacle. I hope their karma comes back to punch them in the face, I really do.

WHOOPS - Freudian Slip! - Susie in Alabama

[ In Reply To ..]
I meant ERA not error. But ERROR would be right, too, They many many ERRORS in counting our lines. Too late. Time to go to bed.

MQ - OldieButNotGoody2Shoes

[ In Reply To ..]
The easiest way to find out is to just go to google finance and you will see that it is still delisted. Maybe you don't know enough about the stock market.
just admit you are wrong? Really - MQ
[ In Reply To ..]
Your first post stated:

"My husband and I stay up on the stock market and I have been watching MQ and Cbay for about a year. I just noticed today that they have been delisted and gone to pink sheet which means their stock consistently fell below the $5.00 mark. "

As I stated in my initial reply, the google finance link you posted shows MedQuist Inc was delisted FROM THE PINK SHEETS last year Oct 18th as all shares were exchanged for MedQuist Holdings. Medquist inc voluntarily delisted from the nasdq in april 2011

references which support my statement

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Medquist_Inc_%28MEDQ%29/News/3128531/MedQuist_Holdings_Completes_Short-Form_Merger_for_Remaining_MedQuist_Inc._Shares

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-inc-gives-notice-of-intent-to-voluntarily-delist-from-nasdaq-118608259.html

As you can see I am not saying they didn't delist just 1) they are not on the pink sheets and 2)their stock didn't fall.

If you can provide any proof of what you have been stating please post a link to back up your words as I have done several times, or just admit you made a mistake - we all make them.

What errors in line counting? Have you actually checked jobs - and run numbers? I have found no errors. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
I think that poster is referring - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
to previous lawsuit where we got nothing and ADHI got all the money. All we got was free Benchmark, which is useless.

Similar Messages:

Private Mail
Apr 13, 2014

Anyone know what private mail means?  There is a request to download something to get it.  No way!  I am posting only.  Will never answer any email from this site.  Did that once, never again.  The person (management??) bugged me forever, asking questions. ...

Appropriate Pay For Private Jobs?
Oct 14, 2014

I currently work for a national company doing acute care, both traditional and ASR jobs.  I have work, but it doesn't pay enough to support a family.  I've been approached about doing some jobs for a doc's group, which could turn into something. I have no idea what to charge them; however, I know they won't be getting any sort of insurance reimbursement or bundling for the transcription service, so it cuts out the middle man.  I don't want to short mysel ...

Private Email Question
Sep 09, 2010

If you receive an email from someone on this site, is it safe to respond to their email or could it be a scam?  I am new to this and don't want to take any chances.  They told me to shoot them an email and they would tell me about a company I was discussing with someone else on here.  Please advise!  ...

Private Disability Insurance
Sep 27, 2011

Any MTs out there that pay out of pocket for short- and/or long-term disability insurance? I am thinking of doing it and wondered now much the premiums would be?  I want to continue to be an IC and want to see if this is affordable.  Thanks. Chloe ...

Recommended Companies (private Msg Me)
Sep 08, 2014

I'm really thinking about jumping ship from MModal.  I've been there for 8 years, being a QA/editor for half that and have been nominated for MT of the year 4 times.  Recently it seems they've put a target on my back and I think I need to get out.  I have been out of the business loop for that time, so I don't know what's out there.  Are there any places you would recommend?  Any you would recommend to stay away from?  I know going to Nuance ...

MTSOs Vs. Hospitals/Private Practice?
Dec 03, 2010

I've worked for several MT companies over the years just to end up going to another MT company for better pay, benefits, etc. Seems like a never-ending cycle. Anyone here ever worked from home directly with a hospital or private practice? Thanks for any response! ...

Looking For Info On Private Insurance Policies.
Mar 30, 2011

nm ...

? About Working For A Private Doctor's Office
Apr 15, 2012

I saw an opening for a medical transcriptionist for a private doctor's office in my town.  I wonder, if any of you work in a private office--won't all medical practices be going to some sort of EMR in the coming year?  This ad didn't say anything at all about EMR, but I'm kind of assuming that they'll be switching to it if they haven't already.   I've only done MT in an acute-care hospital setting, so I also wonder if a lot of smaller doctor ...

Is It Improper For Management To Send Private Email
May 30, 2013

to an employee who is seeking input from peers regarding a work related situation?  The email was obviously only sent to initimidate the employee. Nothing helpful or anything of that nature.  Just a note to let them know they had been spotted on this thread.  I think it's kind of creepy and not very professional, but then how would any of you feel?  This was not a simple reply to a post, it was sent through the private email link on the post ...

If You Work For A Private Practice Oncology Office
Nov 25, 2014

When I did MT, I worked for an oncology office.  Perhaps those may be dwindling like the MT career... ...

MQ/CBay
Feb 24, 2011

It seems that Medquist is still hiring US MTs.  They have an ad in MT daily.  I don't see why CBay can't keep us on along with the Indian MTs.   ...

How Does CBay Fit Into This?
Jan 25, 2012

Wonder if we'll now see the American coding jobs go "global" like our MT jobs did. Also wonder if the CCMs and higher management will change. ...

Anyone Know Why Semi-private Hospital Rooms Are Still Allowed Under HIPAA?
Oct 06, 2010

I work for one of the big MTSOs, take annual HIPAA training, and know I am subject to fines or discharge for disclosing someone else̢۪s medical info, either intentionally or accidentally such as via an incorrect C/C. I am therefore baffled as to why hospitals are still allowed to put patients in semiprivate rooms where HIPAA rules just seem to go out the window. For example, just yesterday I returned from a 23-hour overnight after an outpatient procedure at a well-regarded acute-care hos ...

Does Anyone Work For A Small Company That Handles Private Practice?
Sep 04, 2014

I am looking for a smaller company that needs help with private practice transcription.  Does anybody know of one that needs help?  I can't find anything when I search.  I am currently going part-time at a large company to get them off of my back about how long I am glued to the keyboard and foot pedal and how much work I do per hour.  I have over 14 years of experience and I am good at what I do.  I want to work for a company that will appreciate that and not hound ...

CBay/Please Read
Jul 22, 2010

I just got through reading the website of CBay in its entirety to get more insight into their company.  They appear to be a giant in the field, own almost everything that has to do with medical transcription or the likes thereof.  I clicked on the Executive Bios section and got to read about each executive's background, etc.  What I saw and read were numerous CBay individuals (all men I might add) with many years' worth of previous employment by well known companies, som ...

Wow! Just Thought Of How CBAY
Jul 29, 2010

CBAY could get rid of a lot of board of directors.  Does CBAY have any idea how much money it could save them?  In fact, why we are at it, get rid of the United States board of directors and bring in their own India board of directors.  They could probably pay their suits half or even less than it would cost for United States board of directors.  Plus!  Would not have to pay incentives, benefits, bonuses, gas for their cars, credit expenses for lunches and golfing, e ...

Hey CBAY Suits
Mar 26, 2011

Why dont ya just open up all the regions into one clump and let us have a giant cesspool?  Then every report that pops up will get assigned out immediately and there will be instant TAT!  If you do it quick enough, you can beat all the other MTSOs to it and be the leader of the pack!  I mean, seriously, jumping from the 15 to 20 now is such a piece of cake, and you really dont want me thinking I have the upper hand here, do you? ...

CBay Buyout Of MQ
Feb 18, 2011

Speaking of changes.  Ba-Ba-Big Ch-Ch-Changes are coming.  CBay is trying to buy 100% of MQ.  Check out article at: http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/news/news.asp?ticker=MEDQ:US Other articles of interest there also.  Basically reads: Management Led Buyout of MedQuist Causes Shareholder Claim Investigation by Goldfarb Branham Law Firm LLP DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 7, 2011-- Goldfarb Branham LLP is investigating whether the Board of Directors of Medqui ...

M*Modal - CBAY?
May 11, 2012

I was one of 30 people fired in a conference call from CBay back in December, 2007.    Was applying to M*Modal and looked up CBay's location and it says that CBay is now M*Modal???????   (Can anybody verify this?)   Also, do they pay hourly or per line? ...

I'm Having Flashbacks Of Cbay.
Apr 04, 2013

We had layoffs in groups about every 6 months to a year, until finally the last batch was laid off and ALL the work was sent to India. Everyone kept saying it could never happen, but it did. They chose profits over quality.  I wish the doctors, hospitals, and patients would wake up! ...

Do Most Coders Work For Hospitals Or For Private Companies Similar To MTSOs?
Oct 25, 2011

Is there an "MTSO" equivilent for coders or are they usually hired directly by hospitals? ...

EMR Question - Why Can't The Reports I Type For My Private Account Be Scanned Into A Computer?
Jan 28, 2012

This may have been asked and answered previously but I am going to lose my long-term account because of EMR in about 2 years and I am not going down without a fight. Why can't I type their transcription as usual, then the reports can be scanned into the computer/EMR? Any information would be greatly appreciated....thanks! ...

Caution, Using The Private Email Function On This Board Allows A Traceable Path
Dec 05, 2014

...and Nuance HAS used this method for tracing negative comments and it resulted in folks being fired.  Remember, anyone can represent themselves as anyone on the public board and request, "please email privately," but I would never ever do this! I try to remember to post this every so often for anynone not already aware.     ...

CBay Buys Spheris
Feb 03, 2010

Just curious, how do you guys (and gals) feel about the fact that CBay just purchased Spheris? ...

Cbay/Heartland/Medquist
Mar 02, 2010

I remember when the layoffs happened and then feared the worst when Cbay bought us last year.  My question is this:  What was the layoff package?  Severence?  How long did it last and what did it include?  Thanks in advance. ...

CBAY SENDING MORE THAN EVER TO INDIA
Jul 15, 2010

http://ahdilounge.blogspot.com/2010/04/medical-transcription-heavyweight-cbay.html   CBAY SENDING MORE THAN EVER TO INDIA ...

I Wonder If CBAY's CEO Would Jump Up And Down For A $50.00 Bonus!!
Jun 24, 2011

nm ...

Cbay/Spheris/MQ In Tennessee?
Oct 21, 2010

Spheris parent — now HQed in Franklin — files for IPO By Erin Lawley Posted on October 20, 2010 at 8:17 am Middle Tennessee soon will have another locally based public company — though its “localness” may come as a surprise. CBaySystems Holdings — whose MedQuist subsidiary purchased Franklin-based Spheris out of bankruptcy for $116 million earlier this year — has filed for a $115 million initial public offering and listed Spheris’ Carothers Par ...

Dear MQ/Cbay ILP Who I QA'd Tonight
Apr 23, 2011

If you can't hear parts of the dictation, leave a QA marker.  It looks really bad when the client is on 100% for ILPs and all you did was copy and paste an old progress note with a few changes to the impression and plan.  Seriously?!  Did you listen to any of the dictation?  Cuz it didn't come close to matching up. Sure, the dictator was difficult and hard to hear, but I could hear enough to know that what the ILP typed didn't even come close to what was said, ...

CBay Expansion Drive
Dec 02, 2011

Happened to read the following in Cbay's facebook page.  Hope I don't lose my account.....this time... http://www.facebook.com/CBaySytems?sk=wall   CBaySystems' Coimbatore office will embark on a recruitment drive to appoint MTs, QAs (office based) and HBTs. They will be looking for talents from Trivandrum, Kochi and Chennai. The recruitment drive will be held on the 27th and 28th November in the following hotels. Trivandrum - Hotel Horizon, Kochi - Hotel Presidency, ...