A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is $12/hour the normal rate for QA? Seems kinda low, but I'm nm - new to this

Posted: Apr 26, 2012

ssss

$12 IS very low for QA! - SRR

[ In Reply To ..]
I would not work for $12.00 for QA. Many, many companies pay way more than that.

I was making $16.35/hour for QA in 2003 (almost 10 years ago) - sad where our career has gone...

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't do QA anymore - I make more money typing if/when I can stay focused.

The industry is changing and a lot of companies - dont pay QA by the hour anymore..sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They pay them by the line, which is not always good if it's only 3 cents per line.

$12.00 is LOW? - MT2long

[ In Reply To ..]
Try making 2.00 an hour 4cpl ASR. 12.00 too low. You should be HAPPY to get near 12.00 an hour. Sheesh!

really? $2/hour? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
if you are truly making only $2/hr at 4cpl SR you may need to look at another line of work. 4cpl is low, but I think even entry-level ppl can do 200 lines/hr of SR ($8).

$2 would be only 50 lines in an hour... most 3min reports are around 50 lines depending on dictator.

It said $12 not $2 - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
n
no it didn't... said they make $2, would be happy with 12 nt - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
-
Woops. My bad. I thought you were replying to the - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
OP. My apologies:)

I didn't mean to upset you, but surely you make more than $2/hour. sm - new to this

[ In Reply To ..]
I do not have to do VR right now, but when I did, I was doing around 350-375 lph @ 5cpl, and straight typing I make around $24/hour, so the QA pay seemed low, but I have never worked QA before.

Again, I didn't mean to upset you. I made $2/hour back in 1975 but couldn't do it now. :(

Only if people get despirate and take $12, which lowers everyone's pay - KT

[ In Reply To ..]
That is the problem with the industry right now. Some people are feeling desperate and are willing to take low, low wages, which is lowering the wages for everyone. That is way too low for QA. If they cant find anyone to take that wage, they will raise it. They cannot get good help for that money.

Similar Messages:

What Is The Average Line Rate Per Hour Or Per 8 Hour Shift?
Apr 21, 2011

Hi:I am make incentive based on minutes, but I work on a system that lets me check how many lines and minutes I have typed in a day also. Just in case I have to get another job based on lines, I wanted to know what is the average amount of lines per hour or per 8 hour shift. Thanks for the advice in advance. MeL ...

How Many Lines Per Hour Is Normal?
Mar 23, 2013

Just wondering. I always typed either per minute or per page. ...

This Is What I Hear; How Do I Type It Correctly? CV; S1 And S2 Normal Rate And Rhythm.
Aug 09, 2013

nm.  Thanks. ...

Audio Hour Going Rate?
May 09, 2011

I am trying to bid a job and never before have done so by the audio hour.  Is it correct for 1 hour of audio usually 4-5 hours of typing? what would be an acceptable rate ? thank you ...

Rate Per Audio Hour
Sep 01, 2011

I am applying for a position for a company, and in the application they ask what your "desired rate per audio hour" is. So far in my application process, I have only come across desired rate per line, so I did not know how to answer this question. Just out of curiosity, what is the average rate per audio hour for MTs? ...

Benefit Rate Went Down $3.00 An Hour, Just In Time For Vacation
Jan 17, 2014

Just great. Even though it says on their little line count thing that I do 488 lines per hour, benefit rate goes down $3.00 an hour. I didn't do that many before so what gives MM? ...

No Longer Taking 2 Hour Tests Without Knowing Rate Of Pay. Join Me?
May 17, 2012

I've made a corporate decision.  For myself. As of 4:00 EST, on May 17, 2012, I will never again apply, or waste 2 unpaid hours of my valuable time testing for ANY company which does not list CPL or hourly pay in their job listing. I will also be submitting my own "EMPLOYER HANDBOOK" to potential employers, addressing wage transparency, full explanation of pay rates, and precise factors by which "hourly" or "minimum" wage amounts are arrived at. I ...

Baseline Normal Or Near Normal Thyroid Function Studies
Mar 15, 2011

baseline normal or near normal thyroid function studies. Is "near normal" hyphenated, or no? Thank you. ...

Kinda Freaking Out
Dec 16, 2011

I got a message from the boss asking me to call her. She never leaves a message like that.  She wants to talk to me about my work.  I am really anxious.  I know it will not be good news based on past conversations with her.  I hope I am not losing my job. ...

Hemoglobin Normal With Normal S/l Cell In Dis Thees With An MCV Of 89.
May 26, 2010

s/l cell in dis thees with an MCV of 89.  ...

Kinda Upset, Would Like Input
Mar 25, 2012

I've been working in an office for only about 3 months now after about 12 years in-home transcription.  It's a busy office for a doctor who is kind of a "superstar" in his field and I love it.  Here's the thing...  it's a new practice, the entire staff has been here for less than a year and we don't all have hardly any PTO saved up (less than a year and all...) and the doc is going to be closing up the office for 2 weeks to go on vacation.  Several of ...

QA Driving Me Kinda Nuts!
Jul 02, 2012

The comments seem extremely picky to me and almost harrassing.  It seems I cannot do anything right.  Really tired today and it's been a bad day overall and now this.  just needed to vent.  I have a feeling I have not heard the last from the QA lady that hovers over me all day.  Thanks for listening. ...

Kinda Left You Guys Hanging - Sorry
Apr 10, 2010

Hi, guys.  I told you a little while back that I was canned by the Q back at the end of Feb and within about 4-5 found another company.  They are WONDERFUL!  We are sent frequent updates of new openings every time they take on new clients and we can switch to whichever client we which - it lists the client, days of week and house required for such client.  If nothing appeals to you but you want to work for this company, you can take the job and wait for something to open up. ...

Laryngoscope Showed Normal Vocal Cords And Normal "tuberous Tugors".
Jul 15, 2012

? ...

Just Wondering What You Make Per Hour, Based On A 40-hour Week...sm
Jul 26, 2013

I know none of us get paid by the hour, but I was just wondering if any of you have ever figured out just how much you earn per hour, based on a 40-hour week. I'm just trying to figure out where I fit in. I seem to be earning $16-18/hour give or take based on how my week goes.  ...

Neck: Normal "tesseril" Motion And Normal "effort"?
Nov 30, 2012

PE on neurologist consult. Pt with spinal sarcoma.  Doc is a pretty clear dictator.  Not sure if "tesseril" is actually "tests for all" or what.  How about "effort".  Is this customary in a neuro consult?  Thanks for any suggestions.      ...

Average Per Hour With 0.75 Or 0.375 Versus $12.00 Per Hour
Mar 31, 2014

My transcription job was always paid by the hour. I was laid off and they recently offered me a temp position with them making $12.00 an hour.  I was also offered a positon that pays 7.5 and 3.5 cpl.  The $12.00 is employee status for a small local company I worked for over 9 years.  The other is an IC position.  Do you think I would make more with the $12.00 an hour or the per line production rate?  I have never done production by line work so I'm not sur ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Line Rate Pay Versus Audio Minute Rate Pay
Mar 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me if line rate pay is comparable to getting paid by the audio minute? Is 0.50 or 1.00 normal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

MQ Pays 1 Rate For 100% QA, A Lower Rate For Non 100%. How Do You
Oct 29, 2011

ty ...

Piece Rate/line Rate
Apr 19, 2012

Would someone please tell me what the "piece rate" is on the check stub - and where does it show line rate?  Thank you. ...

What Should Be Normal Lph For A New MT?
Apr 09, 2010

I am a fairly new MT at MQ.  With all the checking ADT and getting different facilities/doctors I am very slow.  What should my speed be at as a new MT??? ...

QA Pay At 4 Cpl?? Is That Normal?
Dec 16, 2010

TIA ...

ECG Normal By (s/l V4)
Jan 17, 2013

I know V4 is an ECG lead, but I have never heard it stated like this. Please advise! ...

Normal ROS & PEs
Jan 26, 2013

When a dictator asked that you insert a normal ROS or PE, then dictates "for the respiratory put ..." I often get dictation that contradicts what remains in the normal template but the dictators do not instruct to delete the rest of that heading. Sometimes this is an easy fix, for example if you know they complain of SOB, then you delete that portion. Other times we can't possibly know how the "normal" differs for this particular patient. It's time consuming to keep flagging these for ...

Anemia With Normal S/l S Pep?
Oct 17, 2009

what would S pep be referring to?  ...

Is It Normal To Be Scared?
Sep 14, 2012

Does anyone else get scared when they start? I'm shaking inside. Is it just me or is it normal? ...

Mycamine 100 Mg In 100 Normal Saline....
Nov 17, 2009

Mycamine 100 mg in 100 normal saline infused over 60 minutes daily.  My question is about the 100 normal saline.  I searched for this in quotes, and did not come up with anything.  Is 100 a percent?  Or do I just type it as I did above? ...

5 Hospitals No Work...Is This Normal?
Jan 05, 2010

I'n new to working from home, only 3 months now, but have been a transcriptionist for 6 years.  The company I work for has me on 5 different hospital accounts.  They are all rehabilitation hospitals (acute) and do H&P, discharge summaries, daily notes, consultations, etc and I am constantly out of work.   Some days I have no work at all.  Pay is 0.0775 line except headers/footers.  Is this normal?  Each hospital is at least a 50 bed hospital.  I f ...

Tone Is Normal. No (cogwheeling)
Jan 16, 2010

From a neurology dictation. Thanks. ...