A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just curious about average daily line counts - mimtt

Posted: Jan 16, 2011

I am just curious here. For those of you who work an 8-hour day with lunch break, other breaks, etc, what is your average daily line count?

Depends on account/platform but average 1500 in 7 hours. - Hayseed

[ In Reply To ..]
This is for straight transcription, no VR. Oh, and it's not counting dry spells either, which have been unfortunately frequent these past few weeks. I have to work an 8-hour shift (11p-7a) but usually take my lunch break at 4-5 hour mark and take a nap to recharge. My meal pretty much consists of coffee and sugar products of some sort.
:D Keeps me sane.

Can vary but...SM - destinyisntfree

[ In Reply To ..]
On straight transcription, on a decent account, I usually average 1500-1800 in eight hours. On VR on a good account, I can average close to 2500 in eight hours.

Hayseed, glad to see I am not the only one working the overnight swing! I run about the same way..take a nap around 4 a.m. and function solely on caffeine and sugar most nights!

Wow - mimtt

[ In Reply To ..]
I can see where SR would rack up some lines, but wow. Now I feel bad for what I do. lol.
There are a lot of factors, though. SM - destinyisntfree
[ In Reply To ..]
I am on a really good platform for VR, and it does actually learn as it goes, so there are a lot of times when I have to do very little in the way of editing the report. However, there are also times when I have to edit more than I leave due to the dictator himself. I have been at this a long time, though, and average over 200 lph on straight and around 300 lph on VR editing.

Used to be about 1800, but lately... - Arrrgh

[ In Reply To ..]
about 1400 has been the usual. It seems 99% of dictators on my new account use cell phones that have horrible audio quality. I am trying to teach myself not to waste so much time trying to decipher those reports.

Similar Messages:

Line Counts - What Is The Average Lph On VR Escription?
Dec 09, 2012

What is the average lph on VR escription?  Is it true, 700 lph is a possibility?  If so, HOW is that accomplished with accuracy?  I would appreciate any tricks/suggestions to achieving that goal :) ...

My Daily Line Counts Have Dropped Quite A Bit After All This
Apr 29, 2015

mandatory OT.  I'm too tired and burnt out, and my hands hurt too bad.  It's having the opposite effect of what they're intending...  I guess if whoever is making the mandatory OT decision knew anything about business, though, they'd know that too much OT for too long is counter-productive. ...

Just Curious About Line Counts
Oct 06, 2011

Ok so just curious, what is the most lines you have straight typed in an hour...no normals? I do radiology and I just typed 625 lines in 2 hours. I kinda feel like that is pretty good, but wondering what others can do. :) ...

Breitner - Information On Their Average Line Counts On EditScript?
Jan 18, 2014

Can any current employees share information on their average line counts on EditScript? TIA ...

What Is The Required Line Counts Daily/pay Period?
Apr 04, 2012

Need to know if I can produce.  :) ...

Average Line Counts On An 8-hour Shift Doing Speech Recognition?
Sep 23, 2011

What are the average line counts on an 8-hour shift doing speech recognition?  I use Dictaphone/Extext.  I'm producing on average about 240/hr sometimes less. Any info appreciated. ...

What Is Your Typical Daily Average Lph For VR? Sm
Dec 27, 2011

Please post what your typical lph is for VR and how long you have been working. I'm at 175 lph and I seem to be stuck there.  I have been working 9 months. ...

Am Curious As To What You Average In LPH
Oct 14, 2012

Am considering applying with Nuance.  Have worked with the M*Modal speech engine before and know that Escription is superior but how much better is what I wonder.  Would you be willing to give me an honest estimate of your average productivity in LPH when editing?  I don't need inflated numbers just something to go by that reflects a reasonable expectation.  Also, what is the minimum LPH required by Nuance when editing? Thanks in advace. ...

Nuance Line Counts - Required Line Counts?
Jan 01, 2013

Can you tell me what the required line counts are for Nuance please ? ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

Line Counts - An Accurate Line Counter?
Aug 14, 2012

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an accurate line counter. I currently use Word, but am not sure if it's accurate.  ...

ASR Average Line Count
Jan 26, 2010

I'm just starting ASR and was wondering if some of you could give me an average line count on ASR.  Thanks.  ...

Average Line Count Is Per Day?
Apr 28, 2010

Can anyone tell me what their average line count is per day? (just the total not separated between work type).  Im not trying to be nosey and I don't know who any of you are personally, I'm just trying to get an idea where I stand compared to everyone else here.  I have been at Medquist for many years and seen many changes.  Over the years, my line count has gone up and my pay has gone down.  I am trying to determine if the reason is mostly me or mostly medquist changes and if th ...

How Much On Average Does 8 Cents A Line Come Out To Be?
Jan 27, 2011

Just curious as I have never been paid by the line, how much does getting paid 7, 8, 9, 10 cents a line average out to be.  I realize it all depends on how fast you are but say on average???  What do most companies pay?  Thanks! ...

What Is The Average Pay Per 65 Character Line
Jan 24, 2012

What is the average pay per 65 character line for a newbie? ...

Average Rate Per Line In California
Mar 10, 2010

I am just starting out and am trying to get an idea of what to charge.  Anyone who works in Ca, preferrably northern Ca, have any info for me?  I've heard that the west coast is averaging .10 per line, but I"d like to have an idea of what people are charging locally so that I don't undersell myself! ...

Average Length Of Line Question
Apr 15, 2010

Can all IC and empolyee MT's weigh in on this. Is the average line figured on 65 characters? Does anyone charge the "old" way where a line is a line,  regardless of how many characters it has? Thanks in advance! ...

Average Line Rate At Nuance (sm)
Dec 20, 2012

With our new line rate starting Saturday, if we do over 12,500 lines we get increase of 2 cpl, means 2500 lines a day or about 320 lines an hour.  Do many of you do this many lines an hour now? ...

What Is The Average # Of VBCs In A 65-character Line With Spaces?
Mar 06, 2013

x ...

What Is AVERAGE Line Count Per Hour For An MT To Type
Aug 17, 2013

Just wondering, what is an Average line count per hour for an MT?  I worked in a pathology office for almost 5 years, but we never kept count of lines per hour.  When we pulled an audit once, we were only typing about 700-800 a day between myself and the lady I worked with.  I had to pull all the slides for the doctor, help with grossing, assist in frozen sections, etc.  I was hired for a job where they want me to type 135 lines per hour, that's ...

What Is The Average Line Count That MTs Can Edit Per Hour?
Mar 26, 2014

Thinking of applying at Nuance, what is the average line count that MTs can edit per hour? ...

Synernet - What Is Their Daily Line Requirement?
Aug 01, 2010

Are you only allowed an 8 hour window to do your work? ...

What Is A Good Daily Line Count For RAD MT?
Sep 09, 2011

I have always been paid by report.  What is a good line count per day (8-hour shift) for a good radiology MT? Thanks for any help.   ...

6 And 4? What Happened To 9 And 6? Line Rates Go Down Daily! Sm
Apr 23, 2015

Working for 6 cents seems so little... smh... I just don't know anymore. Maybe go work at Arbys? ...

Anyone Else Having Problems Meeting Daily Line Count?
May 06, 2015

My main account just switched to full-time EPIC, and I can't achieve the minimum 150 LPH no matter how hard I try.  The text is usually 1 to 10 lines, but the ADT still has to be filled in and checked and a QA marker left for the information not given.  I figure I am typing 5 lines free and 10 lines paid each dictation.  Add to the mix an ESL dictator, and I fall behind even further.  Anyone else?  ...

Futurenet, Thinking About Applying, Need Average Line Count 8 Hours
Mar 26, 2015

Could some of you give me a general idea of what your daily line count is per 8 hour day on their SR program.  I am a single mom with 2 kids at home and need to know if I can make enough money with their SR program to pay my house payment, food, etc.  ...

OSI Line Counts..
Aug 05, 2010

I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what OSI cuts out of their line counts?  Seeing as they use a remote website for line counts, it is pretty obvious they cut corners with what MTs get paid on.  I was just wondering WHAT are the cutting?  Do they only pay 1 space?  Do they not pay if you copy and paste? Do they only pay on a % per page - meaning if you have little on 1 page you aren't going to get any credit for those lines, etc?  Just curio ...

Line Counts Less?
Sep 07, 2010

Is it me, or does it seem that since 6.1 went into effect, my counts are a lot lower than usual when I check them under statistics. ...

Line Counts And ESL
Nov 12, 2011

I know this has been discussed before, but what is up with these line counts?  I used to have no problem doing 200+ lph.  Now, I work at the same pace on an account with less ESL speakers and I struggle to get my required 150 lph.  I won't even comment on the fact that my straight typing has dwindled away to maybe 10 lines a day...on a good day.  Thanks for listening...this is just all so very frustrating.  I try to keep a positive attitude and be very diligent about my work and ...

Line Counts/KNR
Feb 03, 2012

For MTs with this company, are any of you having trouble meeting the line count required with VBC within a 40-hour timeframe?  I even have expander program.   ...