A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Alt+L numbering - are we paid for this? - Daisy

Posted: Sep 21, 2010

I just thought of something!  Are we getting paid for the numbering if we hit Alt+L?  Or is it the same as Headings and we don't get paid for this?  Is this yet another way to pay us even less???

Yes we do. And we DO get paid for headings. - We do not get paid for HeadERS

[ In Reply To ..]
Two very different things.

We were told that if we don't want to use the automatic numbering, we don't have to. We can number the old way if we want.

um, no, you do not get paid for the numbering - where did you hear that

[ In Reply To ..]
Not even for the keystrokes Ctrl + L You just get paid for the text after where the numbers and spaces would be.

And I do it the old way for that exact reason.

paid for headings - mt1

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think we have ever been paid for headings.
Then I may quit making them right!!!!!! - dumbdumb
[ In Reply To ..]
I spend a fair amount of time making sure the headings match what the doc says. May just let "close enough" be good enough. If I get in trouble, I will tell them I didn't type them nor get paid for them.
You do get paid for HEADINGS... not Headers (ASR Page) - or footers (we dont do those anyway
[ In Reply To ..]
Where do these rumors get started?
I meant "Headers." We do not get paid for red headers. - Daisy
[ In Reply To ..]
no message
Yes...we do. - lalala
[ In Reply To ..]
z
I think you are wrong, but I hope not. - anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
yes, we do get paid for red headings - Mt
[ In Reply To ..]
This has been done to death on here and I don't understand why this keeps coming up.

No you do not get paid for autonumbering because you don't actually type them, all you do is hit enter to go to the next line after you have started the process. If you think it is faster to correct the misnumbering by ASR or by what the dictator says than to simply hit enter, well good for you.
Headings vs Headers - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Some of the supervisors don't know the difference between the word header and heading. They tend to call the red headings headers. Headers and footers have been around forever. They're just the things you type in, but you don't see it until the final document. Haven't been paid for those in years.

As far as I know, we get paid for the red HEADINGS, but maybe they're purposely changing the name to headers so they don't have to pay us for them. I'd say 8/10 supervisors call them headers.

keystrokes in headings - alphamt

[ In Reply To ..]
Where does it show we get paid for headings and numbers? I spend way too much time on messed-up headings. My problem is trying to change a divided heading into a whole one from ASR. I delete the extra characters that on heading's ends, delete the hard return ASR put in, and combine. Easier for me than moving words around after un-heading them. If not getting paid for all the keystrokes, will just delete all words and put expander in. Cannot "train" the system to stop messing headings up apparently. TIA!

Headers VS Headings - Once again...

[ In Reply To ..]
We do not get paid for headers, which is the patient demographics/ADT info; something we don't see when we type the report. We do get paid for the red XML tagged headings.

Again, HEADERS are the ADT info, name of hospital, address, etc. stuff that is automatically put in during backend formatting; we never see this. We DO NOT get paid for these.

HEADINGS are what we type that is between the sideways Vs and the backslashes and are in RED lettering. We DO get paid for these. Many MTs, including myself, have tested this with comparing counts in Word.

This post should be stickied at the top at all times, so this argument will stop cropping up.

RE:Headings SM - Coffeebean

[ In Reply To ..]
We never got paid for headings that were not already included in DQS headers thereby creating "new" headings.We are paid only for the ones that are already included in the DQS list.

Incorrect. - We are paid for ALL red tag headings.

[ In Reply To ..]
z

Similar Messages:

To Do Auto Numbering In DQS,
Jan 20, 2010

I remember our CCM telling us a while back to do something like put the number sign at the beginning of each item and it would automatically convert to numbering when it uploads?  Does anyone know exactly what we're to put?  A number sign, period, and 2 spaces? ...

Ortho Rib Numbering
Feb 23, 2010

is it preferred to type ribs 1, 2 and 3 or ribs one, two and three? thx ...

Joint Numbering
Jul 22, 2010

The right hand demonstrates MCP swelling with marked limitation of motion 2-5. Is this correct or is it II-V? ...

DQS - ASR Numbering Question
Jun 22, 2011

Is there any way or any function to convert the # into numbers?  ADMISSION DIAGNOSES: # Coronary artery disease. # Atrial fibrillation. # Congestive heart failure.   Thanks for any help. ...

MQ QA I Need An Answer About Numbering. Sm
Mar 28, 2011

Now Plllleeeeasssse moderator, don't move this to some other forum.  I really do need for a MedQuist QA person to answer this question.... My original blurb was placed on here, and it was moved to the Word Board.  I got answers from others who do NOT use ASR platform of MQs.   I realize BOS2 says the number, and that is what I have been doing for about a year now. Here is the headache that we MQ employees endure. ASR seems to do whatever it wants and does NOT follow rul ...

Numbering DSM-IV Diagnoses
Jan 15, 2015

New to psych transcription.  For Axis I diagnoses, if we are to number the diagnoses (1, 2, 3, etc. does a "rule out" follow the diagnoses before it or does it get its own number?   Thanks! ...

Numbering In Word 7
Feb 12, 2015

I started with a new transcription company that wants numbering, such as drug names, aligned to flush to the left.  When it tabs over I press decrease indent and it flushes left on my document, but when I send it to the transcription company it is tabbed over.  Any ideas how to fix this??? ...

Suggestion On Numbering Feature?
Sep 07, 2010

Am I doing something wrong?  Are you supposed to edit the list before or after CTRL-Shift L.  I end up having to capitalize all the first letters after I hit enter and it just seems more time consuming.  Also, did anyone notice if you highlight text and hit space bar there is no skip marker- SHH!! ...

BOS 3 On Numbering Digits, Ribs, Etc.
Jun 16, 2011

Can someone please tell me what the BOS 3 says about typing enumerated ribs, digits, etc. ?  Is it "third digit" or "3rd digit?" Thanks. ...

Automatic Numbering With Escription
Sep 29, 2011

Has anyone figured out how to get auto numbering to work with Escription, which uses word?  When I have it turned on..it indents the numbers...but we have to have them at the margin..a real pain to change all the numbers when you are editing speech documents...if anyone has found a way to accomplish this..would love to know... I also use instant text..don't know if there's anything I can do on that end.. ...

Word 2003 Help - Automatic Numbering
Jan 13, 2012

I want to set my documents where they automatically number and tab over.  I have to do this every time I make a list manually.  Is there a way for it stay that way and I don't have to go in manually and set it every time?  I have went into to tools>auto correct options and set it to automatically number, but it still will not do it.  I am so frustrated! ...

Word 2003 Automatic Numbering
Jan 08, 2014

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the automatic numberine in Word.  I cannot remember.Thanks. ...

So Sick Of Punctuating And Numbering/renumbering
Jun 14, 2015

....also expanding abbreviations or un-expanding them when expanded inappropriately.  All this to say nothing of correcting the crappy MIS-recognition in the first place.  This garbage stinks, and we get paid garbage to make it look good.  Guarantee most docs think it comes right out of the hopper the way they see it in final form, and some don't think that MTs touch the work at all anymore.  They didn't understand what we did BEFORE SR and they sure don't unde ...

I Get Paid By The Minutes Typed. Is There Anyone Else Out There That Gets Paid By The Minute.
Mar 01, 2012

I was curious if any other MTs are getting paid by the minute too. Replies are welcomed. I am required to get 131 minutes for an 8 hour shift. We get incentive if over. We also use VR, so that helps, and we have weighted doctors. Thanks, MeL ...

AHDI Standard For Numbering CKD Stages, Not Cancer Stages
Feb 14, 2013

I cannot find in the AHDI Book of Style, 3rd Edition,the rules regarding Chronic Kidney Disease stages. I am aware of the stages of cancer. I used to have a GU doc complain when Roman Numerals were used for CKD stages, not Arabic numerals. Does anybody know?   ...

Will We Be Paid For This?
May 12, 2010

When we run out of jobs we get paid min wage.  Do you think we will get that for this.  I don't want to have to make up a whole day's worth of hours or use my PTO for this. ...

Not Paid
Jul 13, 2010

How do you get someone to pay you that has not paid you?  Getting really aggravated about this and don't know what to do.  I have been given every excuse in the book!  ...

Am I Getting Paid Enough?
Jul 16, 2010

I've been working with my company for almost a year now and i'm wondering if I should start looking around at other compaines. I graduated from M-Tec last summer and got a job about a month later, they started me at 0.055 cpl, then in December bumped me up to 0.06 cpl. Since then I have been getting paid the same, while working a lot more. I just want to know if this is good and I should just stick with it, or look somewhere else. Any advice is appreciated! ...

Help? I/we Cannot Get Paid.
Sep 13, 2010

I could really use some advice. I worked for a company for 6 months and then quit when accounts were being lost.  I am owed over $3000.00 (I quit over 6 months ago). I know of 2 other ICs who worked for this company and the total owed to all of us is over $10,000. We have been given every excuse in the book. We have been told the company has gone out of business, that a AmerAssist loan was being sought in order to pay us, etc. We have contacted the Sheriff's Department in her state abo ...

I/we Cannot Get Paid. Help??
Sep 13, 2010

I could really use some advice. I worked for a company for 6 months and then quit when accounts were being lost.  I am owed over $3000.00 (I quit over 6 months ago). I know of 2 other ICs who worked for this company and the total owed to all of us is over $10,000. We have been given every excuse in the book. We have been told the company has gone out of business, that a AmerAssist loan was being sought in order to pay us, etc. We have contacted the Sheriff's Department in her state abo ...

How Do QA Get Paid?
Dec 19, 2010

Just curious... how are QA paid?  Some are paid by the line and others are paid by the hour.. is there any other way? ...

Not Getting Paid ...
Jan 22, 2011

I accepted a part-time job to supplement my regular MT income a few weeks ago from a girl who was advertising here on MTStars.  It's been great, fairly easy work and an excellent extra income.  I guess I should have known it was too good to be true. I was expecting payment last week but am told she can't pay me until she gets paid.  Now, who in their right mind would hire people to do their work when they can't pay on a specific date?  Why would you hire some ...

How We Get Paid...
Feb 25, 2011

Does anybody wonder why we don't get paid by the hour like other highly-skilled secretaries and editors?  This line business is a joke!  Why should we get penalized for the bad dictation?  Many years ago, we had a client with dictators from ****.  I called up the director of medical records and apologized for all the blanks.  She told me not to worry about it.  She said she had a box of pens on her desk and she made the doctors take a pen and fill in all t ...

Paid By TTD?
Oct 28, 2011

Has anyone gotten paid by TTD for the most recent pay date (the 25th of this month)?  This is my first paycheck from them and I have not received it yet.  Wondering how long it usually takes? ...

Paid Yet
Mar 29, 2012

Anyone who had not received their pay 03/23 who has received it today please post here.  It would be nice to hear when and if you got paid. ...

NOT BEING PAID
Jul 14, 2012

STAY AWAY FROM PRECISE MEDICAL AND MEDIGRAFIX THEY WILL NOT PAY YOU. ...

Really, We Should Get Paid When
Jul 23, 2013

. . . we have to retype the entire VR job because it is 99% WRONG. It seems like it is getting worse instead of better.  The last week practically every job has every fifth word right but the rest is wrong.  At some point it quits being voice recognition and is pure transcription.  Any time we have to fix more than 10% of any job = straight typing.  And they wonder why we HATE VR?  It was nothing more than a ploy to get 50% of the MTs pay. ...

Did Anyone Else Not Get Paid?
Aug 08, 2013

My paycheck always shows up in my bank on the internet effective pending the Friday before we get paid, not today! I even checked with bank personally, and they show no signs of it.  Has payroll changed things? I guess I will wait to see if it shows up in bank tmrw, but this is odd it's not showing yet. ...

When Did Getting Paid To Do Your Job
Sep 11, 2013

a reward. Their definition of a reward is completely different than mine. I earn my pay, it is not a reward. Stupid #@#$%$#@#. ...

Don't Even Get Paid
May 15, 2014

Demographics in header is the part of the job I dislike the most, espcially if speaker types it in wrong and then I have to look up the patient and type in the number and name myself. This takes the most time, and that's the part where one doesn't even get paid. ...