A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MQ QA I need an answer about numbering. sm - oldMQMTstillhangingon

Posted: Mar 28, 2011

Now Plllleeeeasssse moderator, don't move this to some other forum.  I really do need for a MedQuist QA person to answer this question....

My original blurb was placed on here, and it was moved to the Word Board.  I got answers from others who do NOT use ASR platform of MQs.   I realize BOS2 says the number, and that is what I have been doing for about a year now. Here is the headache that we MQ employees endure. ASR seems to do whatever it wants and does NOT follow rules or guidelines put in place. Now we are being upped our line count quotas and our pay keeps going down. It is impossible with ASR platform MQ uses because just about every other word must be changed, and this number being written out is just another example of time consuming and not pay enhancing editing. All of you other non MQ MTs, it is nice you don't have to deal with the MQ platform for SR (they call it ASR). I have been dinged for both, ding if I change it from written out and dinged if use the number... It is hopeless to argue. i just wanted a MQ QA to answer the question posed.
 If i was not the conscientious, in spite of losing money over it, MT/ME I am, then I would have just left this and many other not adhering to MQ Guidelines ASR does.  Another one that gripes me big is the Physical Exam part.  My accounts, except for one, all use the left hand justified Capitalize headers.  I NEVER get that on ASR, it is always paragraph. Sometimes capitalizing the headers and other times just running them all in one long sentence together. 

Geez......   I guess this makes me a trouble maker.   I am going off now, It is time for my 1 hour shift.

I Use MQ SR, but Don't Work for MQ - A Sick-of-ASR Person

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't work for MQ, but use their SR software for speech recognition and it's the same one you use, I just work for a different company. We're all sick and tired of the speech rec crud and these companies probably don't realize how many of their employees are looking for other job careers. I was perfectly happy when I left MQ to go to this other place, but now this place started with the SR stuff and I'm not happy anymore.

It is your job to fix what ASR screws up - including the numbers

[ In Reply To ..]
If ASR spells out, "The patient has two sisters." You have to change it to, "The patient has 2 sisters."

That is your job! You have to correct the silly mess.

Same with your PE example. You have to align to the left if that is what your client profile calls for.

Half of my accounts want paragraph, the other have want left hand justified with caps. ASR cannot determine which profile it is throwing up on, so it just does whatever it wants.

Ok, now edit away!

prev poster, did u just infirm that I was NOT doing my job? sm - old MQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Quite frankly, I DO MY JOB!!! and I continue doing it, I was just wanting a respectable nonflaming answer to my question. What is the CORRECT way to enter numbers. Thank you very much for making me even more stressed and isolated. It used to be you could get nonflaming, helping answers on here. Not anymore, just people wanting to infer I do not do my job. I am more than diligent at my job, and I change constantly every thing that comes up. My question is why this number situation only happening lately?
Just forget it. I am tired of trying to get help either. I did ask my QA sup about it. ANd by the way, I love my CCM she does the best she can in the situations we have been placed under.

oh, and I know I should have said infer, instead of infirm. nm - oldmqmt

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

UM... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I answered you on the word board and you responded with "Tell the ASR programmers at MQ that."

Well, the ASR programmers think that CABG is cabbage... and I still have to fix it without question.

So, I answered you AGAIN on this board that it is your job to fix it... even though ASR puts it in wrong.

Jeez... I did not flame you! I answered your question to the best of my ability, that you have to fix the garbage that ASR spits out.

It is no different than fixing Add A Van (Ativan).

If you don't like my answer, dont accuse me of flaming, just read someone elses. You got the same darned answer anyway.
I understand poster's fury. We are making less - and less and ASR is getting
[ In Reply To ..]
dumber and dumber. Sometimes puts one, sometimes 1, etc., sometimes makes things a header, sometimes not. I truly doubt the word "cabbage" has ever gone through uncorrected; however, the ASR has STILL not learned in years that it is CABG? My account puts PVC every time dictator CLEARLY says PAC. The job could be easier if ASR, programmers, or whatever worked semi-efficiently. Certainly hasn't performed as we were promised. It was supposed to "learn;" yeah right.

answer - MME

[ In Reply To ..]
Currently, numbers should not be written out, except for the exceptions, which I'm sure you know already. Go with what the BOS2 says or the CP. QA are people and contrary to what some of them think, they don't know everything.

Thank you Thank You MME. Why was that so hard for anyone else? nm - oldmqmt

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

To Do Auto Numbering In DQS,
Jan 20, 2010

I remember our CCM telling us a while back to do something like put the number sign at the beginning of each item and it would automatically convert to numbering when it uploads?  Does anyone know exactly what we're to put?  A number sign, period, and 2 spaces? ...

Ortho Rib Numbering
Feb 23, 2010

is it preferred to type ribs 1, 2 and 3 or ribs one, two and three? thx ...

Joint Numbering
Jul 22, 2010

The right hand demonstrates MCP swelling with marked limitation of motion 2-5. Is this correct or is it II-V? ...

DQS - ASR Numbering Question
Jun 22, 2011

Is there any way or any function to convert the # into numbers?  ADMISSION DIAGNOSES: # Coronary artery disease. # Atrial fibrillation. # Congestive heart failure.   Thanks for any help. ...

Alt+L Numbering - Are We Paid For This?
Sep 21, 2010

I just thought of something!  Are we getting paid for the numbering if we hit Alt+L?  Or is it the same as Headings and we don't get paid for this?  Is this yet another way to pay us even less??? ...

Numbering DSM-IV Diagnoses
Jan 15, 2015

New to psych transcription.  For Axis I diagnoses, if we are to number the diagnoses (1, 2, 3, etc. does a "rule out" follow the diagnoses before it or does it get its own number?   Thanks! ...

Numbering In Word 7
Feb 12, 2015

I started with a new transcription company that wants numbering, such as drug names, aligned to flush to the left.  When it tabs over I press decrease indent and it flushes left on my document, but when I send it to the transcription company it is tabbed over.  Any ideas how to fix this??? ...

Suggestion On Numbering Feature?
Sep 07, 2010

Am I doing something wrong?  Are you supposed to edit the list before or after CTRL-Shift L.  I end up having to capitalize all the first letters after I hit enter and it just seems more time consuming.  Also, did anyone notice if you highlight text and hit space bar there is no skip marker- SHH!! ...

BOS 3 On Numbering Digits, Ribs, Etc.
Jun 16, 2011

Can someone please tell me what the BOS 3 says about typing enumerated ribs, digits, etc. ?  Is it "third digit" or "3rd digit?" Thanks. ...

Automatic Numbering With Escription
Sep 29, 2011

Has anyone figured out how to get auto numbering to work with Escription, which uses word?  When I have it turned on..it indents the numbers...but we have to have them at the margin..a real pain to change all the numbers when you are editing speech documents...if anyone has found a way to accomplish this..would love to know... I also use instant text..don't know if there's anything I can do on that end.. ...

Word 2003 Help - Automatic Numbering
Jan 13, 2012

I want to set my documents where they automatically number and tab over.  I have to do this every time I make a list manually.  Is there a way for it stay that way and I don't have to go in manually and set it every time?  I have went into to tools>auto correct options and set it to automatically number, but it still will not do it.  I am so frustrated! ...

Word 2003 Automatic Numbering
Jan 08, 2014

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the automatic numberine in Word.  I cannot remember.Thanks. ...

So Sick Of Punctuating And Numbering/renumbering
Jun 14, 2015

....also expanding abbreviations or un-expanding them when expanded inappropriately.  All this to say nothing of correcting the crappy MIS-recognition in the first place.  This garbage stinks, and we get paid garbage to make it look good.  Guarantee most docs think it comes right out of the hopper the way they see it in final form, and some don't think that MTs touch the work at all anymore.  They didn't understand what we did BEFORE SR and they sure don't unde ...

Can't Get An Answer From My CCM....
Sep 01, 2010

I've asked numerous times; all get ignored.  I have asked what happens if I can't get my hours in (I'm FT) in any given week (s).....Will I lose my health insurance?  She picks and chooses which emails to answer.  Any FT'ers who regularly find it next to impossible to get their hours in -- did you lose your benefits?  ...

Can Someone Here Answer A
Oct 17, 2013

to someone who has in depth knowledge of the new HIPAA rules and regulations, please respond first and then I will ask my question. thank you. ...

Do You Have An Answer?
Dec 08, 2013

After 50 years as an MT I am now only doing SR from hom ...

OOW, No Answer From TSM
Aug 20, 2014

Ever wonder what is going on with the work?  Lots of it one day, none the next?  You get no answers from anyone on your account?  What are you supposed to do?  I've about had it. ...

New And QA Will Not Answer Any Question For Me.
Sep 10, 2010

I've been working for almost two weeks now for a company and have sent QA several messages concerning questions about appropriate ways they want the reports done as well as dangerous abbreviations (I did not use them at my last job.) I cannot get an answer and it just bugs me badly. ...

If You Are New Or Old For Oracle OTI, Please Answer.
Oct 16, 2010

No one answers my emails when I ask why my accounts have no work. It's been going on for a very long time, but so much worse now.  I thought a new account was going ot start, but I haven't heard a word about it.  Is something going on that I don't know about?  I realize they were going to be switching to more SR and MTs weren't all that happy about it (my own pay will be 1.5 CPL lower and only 4CPL for SR work), but what happened?I absolutely hate coming to a r ...

How Long Does It Take To Get An Answer Sm
Nov 03, 2010

from Qcare.  I haven't been able to log into MQ central or get my e-mail for over 2 days already.  I thought they were supposed to answer in 24 hours?! ...

Ok, Q-berts... Answer Me This
Aug 24, 2011

How come when I had to F11 a job today (first time in 6 months), I was still paid for ASR rate, even though I typed it?   Is this because of all of the people "claiming to do an F11 day," thereby screwing the rest of us???     ...

Someone Please Answer This Fast (sm)
Aug 30, 2011

as it will be moved to the tech board where it belongs, but it doesn't have email options.  I really would like someone to let me email them with a screenshot of the Chartnet I am working on.  I have permission from my TL.  We are switching over to Chartnet and I just hate it.  I have read where everyone loves it but something is different with what I am working on.  Early on, someone suggested it was set up in M-Modal version which is not as user friendly, but all ...

I'll Get A Faster Answer From Here Than If I Ask My CCM...
Jul 31, 2012

While training on Docqscribe 7.1, do we get paid hourly or straight transcription rate with a little extra for training? ...

CCM Won't Answer The Phone, RTL Won't Answer The Phone.
Oct 07, 2012

Who's minding the store? Because there certainly doesn't seem to be anyone there - despite the fact that the RTL is supposed to be on duty for another hour and a half. Trouble with my que on the weekend has been going on every since the last maintenance. Wonder if the two are connected or coincidence. ...

The Answer Is NO. You Will Still Continue To
Oct 15, 2012

nm ...

Since TSM And QA Don't Answer My Questions
Jan 21, 2014

With templates that are spaced wrong and punctuated wrong? I've been gigged for 1 space in the past. Whoever entered this template doesn't know how to use hyphens either. ...

Can Someone Answer PTO Questions?
Apr 23, 2014

I was acquired 1 yr ago.  I had 4 years service with previous company, and was told we brought that with us, so I assume now I have 5 years service, right?  At the time, there was a schedule of PTO hours earned per years of service, I think it was about 3 weeks if you had 5 years.  I do not see that anymore.  Does that mean everyone only earns 4.62 hours of PTO per pay period no matter how long they have been employed? Also, regarding the "time off without pay."  If I h ...

So I Didn't Get A An Answer
May 06, 2014

Still in training and asked if there was a way to look up old reports on Bayscribe.  Does anyone know?  Thanks for any help! ...

Need An Answer As To The Difference Between
Sep 19, 2014

using numberical 2 and Roman II, was told was between types and conditions of disease. Am confused, can you help? ...

Quick Answer Please
May 31, 2015

If a doctor is dictating the wrong word consistently throughout the report and stating the word very clearly, do you change it or leave it? ...