A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Please help....ready to pull my hair out... - soon to be bald

Posted: Jul 19, 2011

It sounds as if the dictator is saying "necrotic syndrome"  however, everything popping up in search is nephrotic syndrome.....this is going all the way through the report...I have slowed the dictator down and listened carefully and she continues to sound as if she is saying necrotic...is the such a syndrome?

thank you in advance for any help.

please do not pull out your hair lol - rashls

[ In Reply To ..]
there is necrotic bowel syndrome

If we had more info, we might be able to help. - what meds any system clues? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I have heard of this in wound care reports. . . - royals11

[ In Reply To ..]
I think the word usage might be a symptom of the "syndrome complex" where some dictators have a tendency to call everything a syndrome even though it is not actually a syndrome. Does the patient have a diabetic ulceration or something of that nature?

Indeed...context is everything - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Please give the full sentence and/or an idea of what physiologic system is being discussed.

Necrotic and nephrotic are sound-alikes.

Context is everything.

Similar Messages:

READY TO PULL MY HAIR OUT. I Just Finished A
Jul 01, 2011

79.79 minute job by an intern who gave a day-by-day account of a 3-week hospital stay.  She repeated the same things over and over and over.  I HATE THOSE KINDS OF JOBS!!!!!!!!! ...

Every ADT I Pull In
Nov 05, 2012

the physicians' names have a question mark beside them.  So that means we have to re-enter every single physician name on the entire ADT of every report?!  If so, then what was the point of that "upgrade"?  It's worse now than it was before!! ...

Still Cant Pull Old Reports??
Mar 08, 2010

I am at the right screen, entering in dictator last name, date range of "this month", and for facility name I am just entering in my company code.  Still nothing coming up? Do we have to select each hospital individually or are we able to look up by whoever types in our company code?   H eeeeeelllppppp ...

S/l Pull Suctor
May 19, 2010

Once the s/l pull suctor was coming back consistently clear or blood-tinged... This is regarding evacuation of hemoperitoneum.  Thanks in advance!!! ...

Pull Tip Sucker?
Aug 29, 2012

I'm working on an operative report and the doctor dictates that the fluid was evacuated with a "pull tip sucker."  I'm still looking online, but I have yet to find what I'm looking for.  Has anyone come across this yet? ...

Is There Any Way To Pull In A Doctor's Name
Jan 30, 2015

From the database and not get the credentials with it, that would make my life so much easier. First and last name that is. ...

Can No Longer Pull Up Old Reports In Dep?
Jun 23, 2014

I went in to try and get an old report from DEP and all I can get is job submission stuff..anyone else? I rely pretty heavily on being able to pull up previous reports for crazy terms and this 30-day limit in Fluency is not cutting it. ...

Can't Pull Up Prior Reports In Fluency
Feb 10, 2014

x ...

How Do We Pull Up A Report To Re-listen In Integra? Sm
Feb 19, 2015

Even with the job number, I can't get a report to pull up so I can make sure my FIESA is correct.   I must be doing it wrong.  ...

Examination Of The Hair...
Mar 15, 2010

what heading would you put that under? skin? HEENT? or what? kind of silly question I guess, but I just want to make sure. (Patient has thinning hair, btw) thanks ...

Hair Capsulorrhexis???
May 27, 2011

is this correct? ever heard of this? ...

Tearing My HAIR OUT!!!!!!
Nov 11, 2012

Can this system be any slower???????????????? This is killing our line count!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring back American tech support!!! ...

Hair Question
Apr 15, 2013

I have a pretty odd sentence, but I couldn't really hear him well: The hair pole reveals about 50% telogen and androgen hairs. Any idea if pole is right and if androgen is right?  ...

I'm Tearing My Hair Out...
Dec 07, 2013

WHY did our stupid ASR start putting in mm of mercury for mmHg?  Didn't we have enough corrections to make before this?  ...

Tearing My Hair Out
Jun 24, 2014

Worst report ever!!!! Sound quality was pure crap.  I have NEVER had a report with so many blanks with a total of 65.  Sent to QA and wondering if they even tried to listen and fiill in any of  the blanks as they were all still there when I looked at it.  SISO.  How much worse can this dictatior get?  I did let my TSM know of this deplorable report.  Enough for ventiing. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Hair Zone Pillows???
Jun 17, 2011

I swear the doc is saying "hair zone" pillows.  Here is the sentence in its entirety: Patient is on a pressure redistribution surface already, to be turned q.2 h., elevator "hair zone" pillows. It's probably something really simple and I'm going to feel so silly.  ...

Turgerin Hair Growth
Apr 02, 2013

I need help with s/l turgerin hair growth ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Miracle D For Hair Growth?
Sep 17, 2010

It sounds like the dr. is saying Miracle D and it's supposedly and OTC hair growth aide.  I can't get it to come up online or anywhere else I've looked. ...

Let's Test New Theory. What Color Is Your Hair
Mar 20, 2014

LOL at this point it seems that anything might play into consideration. ...

Straight Leg Raising Was Normal Without Hesitation Or S/l Pull-back Pain.
Feb 01, 2012

TIA ...

Lower Extremity Exam- Digital Hair?
Feb 25, 2011

Is there a type of lower extremity exam that would be done called digital hair?  It s/l hair! DP and PT pulses are palpable bilateral.  Positive digital (hair) bilateral.  There are no lesions or lacerations noted bilateral.  Normal skin color, texture, and turgor bilateral.  It's an exam for a bunion deformity. Thanks. ...

EXam Of The Spine Reveals No S/l *hair Or Cutaneous* Lesions. ??
Apr 08, 2011

I've asked the doctor's office to verify this before but they never got back to me.  tia   ...

Who On Earth Hires These Hair-brained Team Leads?
Jan 04, 2014

Every single team lead I have ever had has been a dim-witted numbskull. How the heck can they get these jobs? ...

Physical Exam. "Head Showing S/l Hair A Timbo
Dec 01, 2009

. ...

For Breast Cancer Pathology, ECAT, S/l Hair, And Immunohistochemical Stain
Jan 25, 2011

? ...

READY TO GO!!
Apr 13, 2010

Has anyone quit and been able to collect unemployment?  I am just about ready to call it a day, good-by, farewell.   ...

Ready, Set....
Oct 03, 2010

Getting ready to begin testing for a part-time position I REALLY need...Wish me luck! Ready, set....GO!!! ...

Ready To Cry!
Dec 23, 2010

My clinic that I type for just started MTs on editing. I have lost almost $200 in pay on just 1 check until I can somehow double my over 1200 lines I already type a day! Sorry, I just needed to vent before I just bust out crying. ...

Ready To Run 2
Jul 08, 2011

I'm just scared to death of jumping from the frying pain into the fire.  I know there have to be better companies out there.  I work on 15+ accounts, make no money to speak of, my boss makes me feel guilty if I want 2 hours off, forgets to send me e-mails that she sends everyone else, changed my PTO after it was already approved, and I could go on.  Today may be notice day after 12 years with this company. ...

RE: I Have Already Been Getting Ready And Will
Apr 27, 2012

http://the99spring.com/ How exactly will you differentiate between staff who are legitimately sick and those who are not?  I can't wait for all the EEOC, wage, unemployment, etc., claims to start as well as the legal jeopardy that your company can and will face in the event of unlawful termination.  The legal clinics will be very busy.  You would be very surprised at the resources that exist for the poor. They just don't know about them. Yet that is. Oh what an ...