A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

No work all week, now we're busy and I'm exhausted. - sm

Posted: Sep 05, 2014

I'm exhausted from sitting around doing nothing just about all week. I cannot believe the mismanagement of this company from the TSMs to the COMs and those higher. Why can't someone figure this out? We MLSs know how to figure out minutes, MLS availability, etc., but we're not allowed to give any suggestions, etc., because we're just lowly MLSs. The COMs are particularly useless and a waste of corporate dollars. More money taken from MLSs to give to someone with a title that means nothing and to a person who does nothing to contribute to the betterment of our job. What a joke.

exhausted - metoo

[ In Reply To ..]
I completely agree. I just cannot understand the mismanagement and scheduling problems this company has.

Unfortunately, it is not really their problem - much more our problem

[ In Reply To ..]
You see, the TSMs and higherups get paid hourly plus commission or bonus I imagine. We, on the other hand, do not.

Ever since they made the OT such a piddling amount the TSMs seem to look at the amount of jobs on the system at night and - woo woo OT people!

There are without exception many, many jobs on that system not due until 12-24 hours, but invariably the next morning no work for those of us scheduled for the morning shift.

I think rather than hire people for the night shifts they are using the OT because they know they can get the work cleared away by us desperates who had no work in the morning and those who mistakenly believe OT actually pays something. Not with Nuance, it doesn't. A few extra dollars for your trouble.

So basically many of us are sitting in front of a monitor from 6 in the morning until 10 at night, hoping and trying to get 8 hours in. Our lph sucks because so many different accounts, our PTO is always being used up because not enough hours.

I think understanding the mismanagement and scheduling problems is down to one thing: They do NOT care about us having to work all hours to make required line counts and lph, they just care about TAT and getting their own bonuses.

They are not the ones who have to work all hours just to make minimum wage, we are, and that bothers them not at all.

No work all week - wk

[ In Reply To ..]
How many accounts do you have? I saw where a lot of people were out of work last week on here, but I had an abundance of work all week. I am typing on the probity platform. Maybe that is why. Do you type for any of the Select accounts? They are always overwhelming.

Similar Messages:

Frustrated, Exhausted, Need To Vent
Jan 21, 2013

I enrolled in an MT course in 2010.  I didn't realize how bad the industry was getting until after I signed up.  There were no refunds so I forged ahead and was determined to get as much out of it as I could.  I didn't find a job for nearly 2 years after graduation because I wanted something part-time so I could work around my full-time job.  I'm a frugal person and wanted to try MT long enough to at least make back the money I spent on the course, then decide ...

Still Busy
Apr 24, 2013

The company I work for (3T) says they hired new people.  I hope so and I hope their production kicks in soon because I am hoping for the work load to lighten up a bit!  It has been very busy for a long time. ...

BUSY!
Jul 23, 2013

Has anybody noticed how ridiculously busy it's been and it almost seems like you are working alone?  I wonder how many have quit since the last quarter when i'm sure a bunch lost their bonuses?   I lost bonus, and I ALWAYS made bonus before the "realignment." Working for these thieves is making me a very, very bitter person, and I hate feeling this way.  I feel trapped.  I love the profession but I hate Nuance. What kind of greedy SOB owns this company?  They t ...

Is Everyone Busy
Apr 04, 2014

My MTSO has been very busy for a very long time and I wondered if everyone is this busy or what is the deal?   ...

Transcend, Are They Busy?
Mar 24, 2010

Periodically I see ads from Transcend on the Job Seeker's Board for full-time transcriptionists, I think they even encourage people to apply for full time as opposed to part time.  Anyway, when I read on the company board it sounds like people are always running out of work?  What percentage of work does Transcend offshore, over 50%?  Don't want to bother applying if there isn't a consistent workload and I don't have time to babysit and monitor work queues.&nbs ...

Busy Computer
Sep 15, 2010

Every evening around 10 p.m. or so my computer starts "thinking."  It sounds like its downloading information and its preventing me from trying to work fast.  Just wondering if anyone else has this problem lately.  I did the update when it was supposed to be done. TIA. ...

Server Busy??
Jul 13, 2012

Why Is It That This Board Gets Really Busy And Then Everybody Is Quiet
Feb 15, 2012

Is everyone just too busy to post? ...

What Happened To Poster Busy MT'ing?
Jan 09, 2013

I remember she worked at Medquist and was on here a lot offering advice through all the changes. She shared how she worked through the first pay cuts in 2005 or around that time by working just three and a half days a week (lots of hours) and earning the highest production bonus possible. I believe she was also in school getting her MD? She was very informative, and wondered if anyone has heard from her, if she's here, still working at M-Modal or if she got her degree? ...

Ok, Maybe Im Exhausted, But Typing A Report Where The Wound Has "pussy Drainage." SM
Nov 16, 2009

I mean I must have come across this before and if I have and have typed pussy drainage, I guess I never really thought it sounded funny... but tonight it does and Im totally confused.  With pus translate to pussy when describing a wound's drainage?  Or should I change it to pus-like drainage? ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Involves A "5-week-long" Or "5-week Long" Treatment.
Jul 12, 2012

This would involve a "5-week long" treatment to the breast.  ...

When Is MT Week?
May 06, 2010

Thanks. ...

MT Week -- Huh?
May 17, 2010

I've never heard of National MT Week.  Been doing MT for 10 years for the same MTSO.  Never came on to MT Stars until about the last six months.  Obviously, I have never gotten anything for MT Week, so at least some of you are lucky that you do get a little something, whatever it might be.  My MT job just keeps getting better and better (NOT) with pay decreases and work lost to VR.  ...

Pay Week Help
Jan 19, 2011

I am kind of lost in the pay dates for the next pay day on Friday.  Could someone tell me what days we are getting paid for?  I though it was for 2 weeks starting on the 1st and ending on a Sat.  Is that the way they do it now?  Thanks guys! ...

Pay Once A Week
May 05, 2011

Who is the company that pays every week? It was just on the job's seekers board, but now I cannot find it.  Any info would be helpful. I would love to get paid every week.   Thanks ...

NJA Every Day Last Week
Sep 04, 2011

I'm trying to finish out my notice and will have to force myself to turn on that stupid computer in the a.m.  May not be finishing out because I am not going to be strapped down waiting for piddly crap to come my way every 45 minutes. I just keep wondering what the patients would say if they knew their records were going to India just to save a few bucks.  I'd love for some news media to pick it up and ask that very question. ...

Oh Boy Another Week Of
Feb 13, 2012

ASRopoly.  ASR:  pyelogram, grams dictated:  5 mg Just one of 1200 mistakes to be edited in a 2-minute report.  Words added, words left out, wrong words, almost right words, wrong gender, wrong verb tense, no punctuation, punctuation everywhere . . . . . . . ...

NJA Second Day This Week
Jun 07, 2012

I have NJA again. Getting tired of this. ...

3rd Week Of 97% - So Now What Happens?
Nov 12, 2012

Are they going to fire me? And is it true that they can remotely go into my computer to see if I'm working or not? See what websites I've been at? ...

Week Or Two Or Week Or 2?
Feb 20, 2013

I should know this one, but don't come across it all that often.  According to Book of Style, is it "notify me in a week or two" or "notify me in a week or 2"? Thank for your input everyone. ...

SAT - FRI Pay Week
Sep 06, 2013

What kind of company does this?  Oh wait, never mind, I know.  ...

Had A New TSM For One Week
Nov 06, 2013

and now she has vanished into the great MM black hole.  Farewell! ...

MT Week Is Almost Here!!
Apr 15, 2014

and.... "Similar to 2013, our MT Week theme this year is Quality and all HDS/SHDA employees will be able to participate in fun and educational activities highlighting the importance of quality." ...

Pay Week
Dec 19, 2014

Has our work week been changed to Saturday through Friday or is it still Sunday through Saturday. ...

How Often Do You Get 99-100% For The Week
Mar 31, 2015

I have only gotten the higher pay a handfull of times.  I was wondering how often others did.  I hate it that I am usually getting 100% all week and then last minute, when they are supposed to be done auditing for the week, they find an error to push me off the grid. ...