A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

multi-party conversation account - anon

Posted: Dec 22, 2012

Does anyone know what it is or work on a multi-party conversation account? I am not exactly sure what it is and saw a job posting for "multi-party conversation verbatim account."

Thanks in advance for any info.

It's like court reporting - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You basically are transcribing the recording of a conversation between two or more people (multiple parties).

I tried it once and hated it. I was given a list of the speakers and the approximate places where they started and stopped, but it didn't match up to the recording and then they started talking over each other and were full of ums, ers, uh uh uh. It was verbatim also, so I had to include all those ums, and there were little codes I had to stick in where they talked over each other, or a door shut and obscured a word, *laughter,* etc.

I found it difficult and frustrating and would never attempt it again.

thanks - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the response. Doesn't sound like something I care to attempt either.

multi-party conversation - trina

[ In Reply To ..]
I have tried that fairly recently too and found it difficult and frustrating like the other individual said. It was just very monotonous and tedious, catching every little snippet of sound, etc. and sometimes the audio wasn't good and things just went on and on and on...
I did something similar - See Message
[ In Reply To ..]
I did something kind of similar. It was for conference calls that techs had when there was a problem at a client end. It wasn't verbatim, just snipped. Hard to explain, but I'll try.

I did it remotely. There were up to 5 people on the call, which was live. Whoever in the "room" was talking, I would put their name down a line from the previous person who was talking. I would only put pertinent info on each line next to each name, not full-blown sentences. Kind of like if one tech said, "the client is having a problem with not being able to..." I would just put. "Problem with..." If they said, "I can't resolve this, so I'm calling advanced tech," I would just put "Unable to resolve, call to advanced tech." It was kind of hard, because I was just used to straight transcribing, but when there's no foot pedal, you can't do that.

There were also a lot of "tech talk" terms and abbreviations. We had a list of those to use as they were talking.

It was a little crazy. I didn't really like it, but it was an hourly rate and got paid during the time they were just waiting for a call back or something. I could sit there for 20 minutes with nobody in the "room" talking and still get paid for it.
general transcription - happycamper
[ In Reply To ..]
I currently work with conference calls with multiple speakers. My company, however, does not make us include any ums and ahs and does not require adding laughter or any emtions. This is considered verbatim. Its not tedious and much less frustrating. I love it.

I actully enjoy that type of work. It's difficult, but - youre allowed a lot more freedom... - Meerkat

[ In Reply To ..]
in terms of how you're going to type it. Basically they want accuracy of what's said, a little cleaning up for clarity, and ease of reading. None of the "OMG! YOU LEFT OUT A COMMA" lunacy of medical transcription.

Again, transcribing meetings or conversations can be difficult, but I find it so much more rewarding than MT. I also end up learning a lot about the subject I'm typing, too!

general transcription - happycamper

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree, Meerkat, I have learned a lot about many topics from this type of work!

Similar Messages:

S/l Multi Chem
Nov 15, 2009

In laborotory data s/l multi chem He then goes on to list nonfasting sugar, BUN, creatinine, and albumin.  ...

Multi-Specialty Clinic Editing (Mon-Fri, 12hr Window) Employee
Oct 26, 2011

Accentus, Inc. - US Acute Care Division Waukegan, Illinois awillick@accentusinc.com It sounds too good to be true but it's not! If you enjoy working on a variety of specialties and would love a flexible schedule Monday through Friday, then this account is for you! I am currently hiring for a multi-specialty clinic account which is available Monday through Friday between 12pm and 12am CST, you can work your hours on a flexible schedule anytime within the window. Please kn ...

More On The Conversation Below
Nov 11, 2011

Regarding the conversation below about the end of the transcription profession, a while back MQ put a poll on MQ Central regarding professional development, goals and objectives, etc.  I wonder why they would bother with this if they believe we will be replaced by the new technology (EHR).  Also, their "most improved MT" contests. I feel like we are getting mixed messages.  ...

Conversation Below About PF And Other
Oct 31, 2013

This is exactly what we need to do. We need to help each other find a better job. While PF may not be the right fit for me, it might be perfect for someone else. If MModal, Nuance and others like them lose enough of their good MTs, they will have no choice but to pay us fairly and make working for them more appealing. We are extremely talented people and our job is very intense. We deserve a lot more than we are getting. I am happy to make half of what I made just a few years ago. It's time ...

I Am LOVING All This Conversation!!!!
May 12, 2012

All this conversation from people who realize what is and has been happening to their careers as medical transcriptionists is fantastic.  Now, let's see some more action.  Contact the attorneys that filed the Transcend suit, let's get other companies involved here.  That's the only way we're going to send a big message.  Just think, before the cut in pay with editing came about, we really didn't see too much problem with making the money that we neede ...

Interesting Conversation I Had With An Indian MT
Nov 05, 2009

I received a request to chat on my FB account today.  The person on the other end was an MT in India and he was essentially requesting American MTs to subcontract to him, let him do the work and pay him because (paraphrased) "even if the client doesn't wish the work offshored, there are many ways around this and no one would be the wiser." Anyone else had an encounter such as this?  I did find out he makes about $700/month working 6 days a week, 8 hours a day.  Has an ...

Party Going On
Dec 13, 2012

The doc is joking around with the nurses; everyone sounds like they are having fun - why did I decide to work at home? It seemed like a good idea at the time. ...

Annoyed...but Not A Big Deal, Just A Conversation Starter
Nov 17, 2010

Anybody else get annoyed at docs who put every job they dictate in as a priority?  I mean, everything they dictate, from a 2-month-old death summary to a 3-week-old T&A.   I really hate the ones that are so old that the billing numbers have been erased from system.  I'm guessing they were threatened with their license being pulled to get their work caught up.  That's more important than H&Ps that need to be transferred with a dying patient right??  ...

I Really Have Enjoyed The 'Language' Conversation Today
Dec 28, 2011

I don't think anyone changed anybody else's mind on anything, but it was a good conversation, and a friendly one. I enjoyed it. It made me think. Everybody had some good points. ...

Serioulsy A 5 Minute Phone Conversation
Dec 15, 2013

I didn't get paid a dime for that crap ...

My Gawd, I Think They're Having A Party
Nov 11, 2009

I'm doing a dictation and there must be 6-10 people in the background talking so loudly that I cannot understand the doctor.  I remember when I worked for that large podiatry practice, the doctors would dictate after each patient but that office was always loud (drove me nuts).  I feel bad for the group that does their transcription.     ...

We Should Do A QA Wednesday Party
Mar 29, 2010

Just send everything to QA as a final farewell...   I HATE APRIL FOOLS!  Could they not pick a better day to pull this prank?  Happy First Time Right April Fools Day to ya all. ...

Company Party?
Mar 14, 2013

Has M*Modal aka Medquist every had a company party?  Maybe selecting 6 locations throughout the US to have a party once a year....giving you an opprotunity every year but a likelihood every 6 years? ...

Pity Party
Oct 24, 2014

I stay away from this web site usually.  It's a serious downer.  Everyone having a pity party...or stirring the pot...or spreading rumors (which aren't true).  Y'all sit at your desks (probably during work hours) and complain about how you can't make a decent living, you chalk up a 110 lb weight loss to not enough money for food, you complain that you can't pay your mortgage so you'll just stop paying it and then burn down your house.  You complain about chan ...

I Found It Very Difficult To Have A S/l Coliant, Aquilant Conversation
Jan 28, 2011

. ...

Transcend Christmas Party
Dec 03, 2010

Is anyone planning on going.  Is this one in Florida the only one they have? ...

PARTY OF 13, YOUR TABLE IS READY....
May 13, 2012

Allow me to introduce myself!  I am one of those very PROUD 13 women.  I am also very proud of the fact that I see so many others here who are willing to stand up and join us in this.  When I read over the very FEW posts from those who say we can't cut it, we are lazy, etc... I laugh.  Yes, you heard that right!  I laugh!  In their ignorance, they make untrue statements about me as they do not know me or my work ethic or my education level o ...

Nja Woo Hoo Party Time But How Do You Get Into Remedy
Jul 04, 2012

What is the login we use and the password is what?  I tried several with no luck..Thats what I get for being lazy and not checking it out earlier..thanks in advance and happy and safe holidays all!!! ...

DocQscribe And Third Party Word Expanders
Feb 18, 2011

Hi - our hospital is going from Chartscript to Medquist DocQscribe.  Was wondering what is the best word expander program to use with DocQscribe, i.e. Instant Text, Shorthand, or SpeedType?  Have any of these programs been useful with DocQscribe or do you find it just as fast to use DocQscribe expanders?  Thank you for your input! ...

Is There Any Third-party Text Expander That Works With Speechmotion? Sm
Jun 09, 2013

The internal one is just awful! ...

I Am So Sick Of Bouncing Around From Account To Account
Nov 07, 2012

What a flippin joke. Didnt Amy say she was going to keep us in 1 account????   OMG, I have done evey account in my BOB this morning as well as some other Bob. I cant keep my head on straight anymore. It is spinning like a top. My production is down to minimum and I am at risk of being fired for not meeting production because some idiot decides to open the cesspool!   GO CCMs! GET YOUR 100% TAT... SCREW THE REST OF US. ...

Don't Forget, You Will Be QA'd On Each Account, That Could Account
Jun 08, 2015

.... I read notes below to this effect. Oh, and don't forget to NOT count QC lines and scores when you calculate your QA score on FIESA.   ...or just ignore it altogether.    ...

New Account Help
Oct 14, 2009

So, I am trying to research per line rates in my area, and no one seems willing to open up about their rates. I have spoken with one woman from a local company who told me to give it up as I more than likely will never land an account and work for other established companies, also stating that I am not hiring right now, but you are more than welcome to submit your information. I replied stating to her that I am not a newbie as you say, I have been in this field since 2007, and wish to acquire my ...

I'm Used To Doing Ops, But I'm On An Account Now With Only
Oct 19, 2009

Once i get used to the dictators and names, is it possible to reach the same production as when I was doing ops?  I have access to prior reports, so that's helpful. I know I need to tweak my glossary to include more non-op terms.  Any other productivity tips to make a non-op account super productive? ...

Something Is Up With My Account At MDI
Nov 24, 2009

I am not sure if this is going on with your accounts, but I have noticed on my primary that there are a lot of old reports in there, from days and days ago.  A few weeks back my team leader said ignore those TAT times because they were pulling old stuff for "training."  It started with DS, and now I notice that there are old H&Ps and Consults in there.  So I am wondering if they are training Transcend employees to do my account, maybe VR, or I guess it could be the hospital tr ...

Looking For Account
May 22, 2011

Did anyone ever contact a hospital after your account was lost to find out where it went and you were still employed with the former MTSO that had the account.  Concerned about doing this if the hospital were to contact the MTSO and still employed there but not overly happy anymore.  I would rather keep this confidential until I at least find out if the new MTSO is even hiring for the account, etc.  ...

Is Anyone Else On A KS Account That Only Gets
Oct 13, 2011

We are supposed to do 12 reports/hour but the work is not there.  I no longer respond to the e-mails where they say they want to help you get more work and not make peanuts.  What joke! Not only that my lead has been on cherry picking when there is hardly any work.    ...

Looking For A New Account ...
Oct 02, 2012

My state medical association publishes a monthly journal with a Classifieds section at the back.  There's a section for Services Available where there are ads for EMR companies, billing services, and a couple of private MT ads. A small ad would cost me about $45/month and it would also appear on the online edition.  I'm just looking for 1 or 2 new clients right now, and thought this might be easier & cheaper than mailing out brochures. Do you think this is a good idea a ...

My Own Account
Nov 28, 2012

I am in discussion with a doctor's office to do their transcription.  This would be the first time I would have my own account.  How do I find out the going rate of transcription in my area?  I would like to be prepared when discussing this with the office.  Thanks in Advance! ...

OOW On NEW Account!
Dec 28, 2012

out of work, AGAIN!!  The other account I had has TONS of work this morning.  I'm about to go back over there and get some lines in!  Why take me off an acct that has TONS of work to an acct that has NO WORK?????? ...