A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pity Party - ST

Posted: Oct 24, 2014

I stay away from this web site usually.  It's a serious downer.  Everyone having a pity party...or stirring the pot...or spreading rumors (which aren't true).  Y'all sit at your desks (probably during work hours) and complain about how you can't make a decent living, you chalk up a 110 lb weight loss to not enough money for food, you complain that you can't pay your mortgage so you'll just stop paying it and then burn down your house.  You complain about changes which are completely out of your control.  And that's what your life (it would seem) is.  Complaining, being grouchy, spreading lies, trying to get others in your same frame of mind. TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE!!  Having trouble being productive...WORK, yes, actually work! during your work hours.  Stay off this site, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.  Set a goal and meet it...every day.  Think it can't be done?  Ha!  I'm a single mom of 3 sons.  Making it on my own completely.  Bringing home $1200-1400 a paycheck.  How do I do it?  I SUCK IT UP!!  I work during my work hours.  I set a goal of 300+ lines per hour and I meet that goal.  Yes, it's harder to do with all the new accounts I'm getting this week but I've already seen an increase in what I was able to do on Tuesday and what I'm able to do today...and I'm meeting my 300 lph goal today. You can't control what corporate decides to do.  You can't control who your manager is or what accounts you have.  But you can control how you respond to those things.  New accounts?  Be pissed...and then decide it's an opportunity to learn, an opportunity to maybe see some great reports with doctors who don't speak half East Indian/half English all the time.  You can't control who your manager is either.  Who cares about the managers??  You rarely (if ever) need to talk to them directly.  When you do, be kind, be thoughtful and don't take out corporate's decisions on them.  I can guarantee that it'll be those not meeting production and standards and who make their manager's lives hell who get laid off way before those of us flying under the radar, clocking in on time, taking breaks as scheduled, clocking out on time, working OT if we get offered it and can work it, and meeting our production and standards.  Even a Wal-Mart employee needs to do these things.  What makes you so special that you think because you work from home you can behave like 16-year-old kids on their first job, slamming the boss and the employees and the customers and thinking you'll still get a paycheck and a raise?  This is one of the only fields where you can give yourself a raise...so work you butt off on your 8-hour shift and see that you really can exceed your minimum requirements.  If you are honestly unable to meet the basic requirements for this job, you really should be doing something to get out of the field.  And to all of you "I used to work for MM" people out there...why the heck are you over here stirring the pot??  I do wonder if y'all are happier being unhappy than you would ever be if you were happy.  Make the choice TODAY to change what you didn't like about YESTERDAY.  It takes 30 days to make a change and have that be your new habit.  Don't let MM control you or your way of life. 

okay give me some work - and I will do it

[ In Reply To ..]
when I run out of work all day, what do you propose then?

Ask to be moved - ST

[ In Reply To ..]
1. Ask to move to a different account. (Yes, I did this, just recently in fact.)
2. If worst comes to worst, you put in a Remedy ticket when you run out. Now you will have until midnight that day to get in your shift. Your manager can't prevent you from working your shift. (Yes, I have done this too. It totally sucks. I've sat at my desk for 16 hours to finally get in an 8-hour shift. During that time I made lists of things I wanted to get done. While I was waiting for the next job to come through, I washed my car, cleaned my house, rearranged drawers, cleaned out my closet, plucked my eyebrows, did my nails, watched movies. Yes, it sucked, but I did what I had to do in order to feed my family.)

tried that - didnt work

[ In Reply To ..]
There is just no work any time during the day some days. You are most fortunate. Not very nice to rub it in on us though.

You better quit complaining on this site & get back to work! - j/k LOL

[ In Reply To ..]
x

you be trolling - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Reply - km

[ In Reply To ..]
You're so special. Wow.

Not sure how you are bringing home 1200-1400 a week at 300 lines - at 4 cents per hour

[ In Reply To ..]
you must not do SR or work for MModal.

300 is my goal - ST

[ In Reply To ..]
I quite often exceed that goal. And I've been an MM employee for so long that I still call it Medquist. I started with a small mom and pop company that got solt to Medquist. It'll be 21 years in January. My previous managers were team won the Battle of the Blanks contest (I thought the contest was ridiculous).

In fairness ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
She didn't say $1200-1400 a WEEK ... she said $1200-1400 a CHECK. That's totally possible, I earn the same.

I have a similar goal, only my goal isn't tied to LPH ... mine is tied to "dollar amount" - earned both per hour and per day. I check my line count every single hour on the hour in order to keep regular track of the day's progress, and strive to earn at LEAST $15/hr ... $120+ per day ... and if I really focus and completely minimize my distractions, I can even earn a little more than that. It's ALL ABOUT THE FOCUS. Don't underestimate it, it makes *all* the difference.

well, aren't you - special

[ In Reply To ..]
i understand that there are some out there who are super fast typists and truly excel at this. i've never been the slowest, but also not the fastest. when ASR first started, i gave it my all. i took no breaks, just work work work. my paycheck was $300 less than it had been. my gross is now less than my net used to be. and i work hard. i'm happy for some of you, whether you be real or a troll, that this ASR is working for you. i suspect that is the exception, not the rule. get off your high horse and show some decency towards others who are having a difficult time. its not that hard.

Yes, some people lack that all-important quality called - empathy

[ In Reply To ..]
It always amazes me that someone can think their personal situation is the same for everyone. Above, she tells people to ask for work if they run out (wow, what a concept). Of course they do. And then says "I've sat at my desk for 16 hours to finally get in an 8-hour shift" as if that is something everyone should do! Wow. Sad that she accepts AND recommends that as a normal part of a job. It's not.

You must be one of the people who fly - Depressed

[ In Reply To ..]
through your reports leaving LOTS of mistakes.

All of you sound - jealous

[ In Reply To ..]

Thank you, - Norman Vincent Peale

[ In Reply To ..]
run along now.

and just think, if you'd stayed away - from this site today

[ In Reply To ..]
we would've missed all your wisdom. WoW

Type faster?! Why didn't I ever think of that...?! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Are you one of the disgruntled TSMs that - just got dumped?

[ In Reply To ..]
The viewpoint slants a little bit towards the managerial-ish.

Oh, work when I work?! You're a genius! - kanye.nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

So what is the purpose of your....... - visit today?

[ In Reply To ..]
Just wanting to start some more drama?

You're all losers, losers! - Gone

[ In Reply To ..]
I tells you! I'm the bestest! and b/c I am so good, y'all need to quit so I don't have to sit for 16 hours a day to get in my work that you whiners are stealing and wrecking.

You done finger wagging, ST? Leave.

This must be a supervisor or owner ... - SickNTired

[ In Reply To ..]
No one I know can make that kind of money at 3 or 4 cpl. And I've been in the business for 35 years.

And more importantly pity party - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
People continue to complain, yet do NOTHING about it..You are 100% right all of it is out of our control. We had chances in the past to maybe make a difference, yet we stayed on this site and complained and did NOTHING, so now they own us, they treat us like garbage, because we allowed it. Me personally, if I set my mind to it could do 300 or more lines a day. I just don't need to anymore. That is the change I made in MY life, downsize and reduce stress. Shortly, I will be job hunting because I am bored to tears here, there is nothing more I can learn except new CPs and that is not learning that is stupidity. I am a firm believer that every medical record should be formatted exactly the same, so that any doctor can look at any medical record and instinctively go to the section he or she needs at that given time and bypass the other BS. But that makes too much sense, so I have given up. Where I go from here, not sure yet, but I know one thing, it will be somewhere I want to be instead of somewhere I have to be.

Similar Messages:

Party Going On
Dec 13, 2012

The doc is joking around with the nurses; everyone sounds like they are having fun - why did I decide to work at home? It seemed like a good idea at the time. ...

My Gawd, I Think They're Having A Party
Nov 11, 2009

I'm doing a dictation and there must be 6-10 people in the background talking so loudly that I cannot understand the doctor.  I remember when I worked for that large podiatry practice, the doctors would dictate after each patient but that office was always loud (drove me nuts).  I feel bad for the group that does their transcription.     ...

We Should Do A QA Wednesday Party
Mar 29, 2010

Just send everything to QA as a final farewell...   I HATE APRIL FOOLS!  Could they not pick a better day to pull this prank?  Happy First Time Right April Fools Day to ya all. ...

Company Party?
Mar 14, 2013

Has M*Modal aka Medquist every had a company party?  Maybe selecting 6 locations throughout the US to have a party once a year....giving you an opprotunity every year but a likelihood every 6 years? ...

Transcend Christmas Party
Dec 03, 2010

Is anyone planning on going.  Is this one in Florida the only one they have? ...

PARTY OF 13, YOUR TABLE IS READY....
May 13, 2012

Allow me to introduce myself!  I am one of those very PROUD 13 women.  I am also very proud of the fact that I see so many others here who are willing to stand up and join us in this.  When I read over the very FEW posts from those who say we can't cut it, we are lazy, etc... I laugh.  Yes, you heard that right!  I laugh!  In their ignorance, they make untrue statements about me as they do not know me or my work ethic or my education level o ...

Nja Woo Hoo Party Time But How Do You Get Into Remedy
Jul 04, 2012

What is the login we use and the password is what?  I tried several with no luck..Thats what I get for being lazy and not checking it out earlier..thanks in advance and happy and safe holidays all!!! ...

DocQscribe And Third Party Word Expanders
Feb 18, 2011

Hi - our hospital is going from Chartscript to Medquist DocQscribe.  Was wondering what is the best word expander program to use with DocQscribe, i.e. Instant Text, Shorthand, or SpeedType?  Have any of these programs been useful with DocQscribe or do you find it just as fast to use DocQscribe expanders?  Thank you for your input! ...

Multi-party Conversation Account
Dec 22, 2012

Does anyone know what it is or work on a multi-party conversation account? I am not exactly sure what it is and saw a job posting for "multi-party conversation verbatim account." Thanks in advance for any info. ...

Is There Any Third-party Text Expander That Works With Speechmotion? Sm
Jun 09, 2013

The internal one is just awful! ...